New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode! (D

Note that Kerrigan doesn't actually get stunned by the cannons, either AoE or single-target. She can still move and attack, but the effect prevents her from using any of her special abilities - Razor Storm, Implosion.

This is kinda wandering off into a general SC2 discussion, which is cool, but I do want to know; since this was my first LP (and I intend to do another, once I decide on a game), what worked and what didn't? Style, formatting, picture/word ratio, narrative, whatever?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode! (D

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Yes. May be subject to her immortal shield though.
    that's kind of why I asked, actually.

I mean, doing, like, 5 damage for 5 seconds is pretty pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Yes. May be subject to her immortal shield though.
    It is not. Hardened shields doesn't affect damage done by abilities; Yamato cannons, Strike cannons, PsyStorm, Nukes, etc. If it's not a unit's basic attack, it ignores the Hardened Shields ability. Which is why Thors are the second best counter to Kerrigan, upgraded or not. Hell, in my Hard playthrough learning that Thors made Kerrigan all but useless is what enabled me to actually get in a 0-pulse run. I'll take one lost Thor (or better yet, if I can swing it, a Viking) over a bunker, some Siege Tanks and half a Marine-ball any day of the week.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    It is not. Hardened shields doesn't affect damage done by abilities; Yamato cannons, Strike cannons, PsyStorm, Nukes, etc. If it's not a unit's basic attack, it ignores the Hardened Shields ability. Which is why Thors are the second best counter to Kerrigan, upgraded or not. Hell, in my Hard playthrough learning that Thors made Kerrigan all but useless is what enabled me to actually get in a 0-pulse run. I'll take one lost Thor (or better yet, if I can swing it, a Viking) over a bunker, some Siege Tanks and half a Marine-ball any day of the week.
    I'm pretty sure Kerrigan's shield does soak damage done by abilities - Psionic Lash from Spectres, for instance, only does 75 damage to her on Normal (50-ish on Hard), compared to its listed 200. Yamatos do about 100 damage/shot on Normal.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kerrigan's shield does soak damage done by abilities - Psionic Lash from Spectres, for instance, only does 75 damage to her on Normal (50-ish on Hard), compared to its listed 200. Yamatos do about 100 damage/shot on Normal.
    Yeah, exactly. Her shields are different than standard immortal shields. Not quite sure how though.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

one last thing. do 330 mm shock cannons damage friendlies in the area? Because if not, I won't be able to use them safely vs kerrigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!