New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode!

Update 5: In Which The Dinner Menu Features Boiled Lobster

Devil’s Playground

Spoiler
    Show

October 7, 2504:
    Dear Diary;
    This sucks.
    We got those hippies off Agria just fine, them and their little ragtag fleet of spaceships, and once they didn’t have any money left, Raynor promptly dumped them all off on a nearby dirtball called Meinhoff. Hope they like it there, cause it’s going to be crowded – the place is a crossroads for every other planet in this part of the Fringe that’s running from the Zerg. Me? I was all set to kick back and relax, but Raynor had the smell of money in his nose, just like any other mercenary. I was lurking on the bridge when a message came through from this really freaky looking dude calling himself “Tosh”. He’d found a planet riddled with valuable minerals and no one around to claim it, but wanted to hire Raynor as security while his men struck it rich. So off we went, though Dr. Chief Hippy had decided to tag along, something about the ship not having a proper doctor. The first thing she did was schedule checkup physicals for everyone on board, me included…somehow, I don’t think she’ll be the sort of person I can chat with about makeup and how dreamy Matt is in that uniform of his.
    That’s not the worst part, though. We finally got to Redstone, the planet where this Tosh character was waiting, and it turns out to be a lava world! Sunlight is bad enough, can you imagine what lava heat is going to do to my complexion? I don’t even think power armor will be enough to protect me. But does anyone listen to the reporter (if her name isn’t Kate, at least)? No, of course not.

So, we land on one of the abandoned platforms left by someone or other, and Raynor sends out the miners to do their mining thing. I’m bored as heck, and trying not to die inside my armor with its poor overworked air-cooling systems. Then the alarms go off.

Seems our good friend Mr. Tosh forgot to mention that Redstone is tect..tecton…it has earthquakes a lot, and when it does, the lava surges and splashes all over the place. This is okay, because our base was on high ground. It’s not so okay, because all the minerals we came to mine weren’t.

After that little unpleasant revelation, finding out that the planet also had Zerg creeping around was rather tame by comparison. I’m not sure what it says about the past week that I’ve already started considering Zerg to be within my “normal” zone, but I don’t think it’d make my therapist happy at all. For once, though, Raynor decided to be greedy instead of gung-ho, and forted up to defend while looting Redstone for every cent it had to sell.

I guess Tosh was feeling guilty or something, because his third surprise was a bit more pleasant – he’d brought a few guards of his own, troopers geared out in jet packs and toting more grenades than should be (and probably is) legal to own. They were called Reapers, and one look at them had the fat man who does Raynor’s mechanic work squealing louder than I did over my last pair of shoes. Yay for him?

Not only that, we managed to save some of his miners, who were penned in on another platform, and fly them back behind our defenses.

The Zerg were swarming faster than we could build those defenses, though, so in the spirit of sleazy people everywhere, Raynor promptly passed the buck and hired some mercenaries of his own that had been hanging around in-system. War Pigs, they called themselves, and they looked even meaner than Tychus, for all that they worked cheap.

Not far from our camp, there was one of the biggest, ugliest Zerg I’ve ever laid eyes on (and that’s saying something), building some sort of nest. The egghead back on the Hyperion called it a “Brutalisk”, and practically begged Raynor to kill it and bring back its guts for him to play with. I thought he was nuts – go and deliberately tangle with something that has the word “brutal” in its name? Of course, I forgot Raynor was just as crazy, or maybe he just wanted a trophy.

How he managed to convince the men to play bait for the thing I can’t imagine, but I did like the plan he came up with to kill it. Sending marines at the thing would have been like marching into a meat grinder, with extra dismemberments and screaming. According to Geek Boy, though, Brutalisks were also dumber than the proverbial post, so Raynor somehow convinced a couple of the Reapers to go play tag with the thing. They were faster than it, barely, and had it running in circles for a while before it got bored and gave up chasing them. So they tried again, and this time he floated in a spare command center behind the thing while it was following its delicious little jetpack-wearing snacks. A short landing later, and there was a big wall of metal stopping it from climbing back onto high ground. Oh, and the lava was about to surge again.

Now, if I were a twenty-foot-tall rampaging Zerg monstrosity, I’d probably try to find another ramp out of the lava zone. Failing that, I’d spend a few seconds pondering why there was suddenly a big metal wall blocking the way back to my nest. What I wouldn’t do – but it, of course, did – is frantically try to claw its way up the sheer cliff walls until it fell off back into the boiling lava.

Dinner’s served, everybody, and tonight the menu is Deep Fried Zerg. I hope Geek Boy likes his research samples well-done.
    The downside to this was that Raynor had the scent of blood in his nose as well as money. Plus, the Zerg were still running around, disemboweling miners, and generally being a nuisance. Finally, they managed to piss Raynor off enough (and cost him enough money for repairs) to have him decide they needed to be wiped out.

So a big squad of big men with big guns went hunting.

-

I’d never thought to wonder, but are Zerg cold-blooded? The ones here on Redstone seemed awfully sluggish, or maybe they were all just full from eating our miners. They barely put up a fight, and the Raiders tore through their breeding clusters like a three year old brat tears through wrapping paper on his birthday.

Even when we got to their central hive and starting blowing it apart, they weren’t fighting back worth much. It was almost disappointing in a way, and not just because footage of Raider terrorists dying to Zerg would make great prime-time material.

The entire time we were here, the only living things I saw other than Zerg were some orange crab-things, and this critter way off on an island to the south. It looked really familiar, but I couldn’t remember where I’d seen something like it. Maybe it was in a video game.

Not a moment too soon for my suffering pores, Tosh decided he’d made enough fistfuls of cash that we’d finally be able to get off this horrible rock. And for once, Raynor seemed to agree, as he didn’t even wait for all of his men to load up before boosting…the fat mechanic had to send a dropship down to retrieve them.

More decisions!
    We now have Research! Unfortunately, they’re both related to Bunkers. As our first Zerg-related tech upgrade, should we get:
    (A) Automated turrets on all bunkers
    or
    (B) +150 Bunker health

For Armory options, we have 140,000 to spend and the following options:
    Save for Later (0)
    SuperMedpacks (105,000)
    +1 Bunker Range(40,000)
    +2 Bunker capacity (50,000)
    +40% Firebat area attack (40,000)
    +2 Firebat armor (85,000)
    New: U-238 ammo for Reapers (+1 Reaper range, +3 Reaper damage vs. Light armor = 60,000)
    New: Reaper Land Mines (suck and fail, total waste of 85,000)

For Missions, we can pick from :

-Outbreak – investigate Meinhoff’s plague (110,000 and +2 Zerg research, gives Hellions)
    -Welcome To the Jungle – harvest gas on Bel’Shir and irritate some Protoss (120,000 and +3 Protoss research, gives Goliaths)
    -Smash And Grab – get an artifact fragment, irritate more Protoss (110,000 and +4 Protoss research, gives Marauders)
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-10-29 at 10:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode!

Bunker health, U-238 ammo, bunker capacity, and do a speed run of Outbreak. Tell us how quickly, in both the day/night cycle and minutes:seconds, you can annihilate the ZergZombies with reapers. Be sure to get both infestors, of course.

For future missions once the option becomes available, go through Matt Horner's mission line ASAP. The idea of this reporter reacting to Media Blitz while still naive and propagandized amuses me.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2010-10-19 at 06:12 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Bunker health, U-238 ammo, bunker capacity, and do a speed run of Outbreak. Tell us how quickly, in both the day/night cycle and minutes:seconds, you can annihilate the ZergZombies with reapers. Be sure to get both infestors, of course.

For future missions once the option becomes available, go through Matt Horner's mission line ASAP. The idea of this reporter reacting to Media Blitz while still naive and propagandized amuses me.
    But not her reaction to finding out what Matt Horner won in a game of poker?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bunker Capacity, and U-238 Ammo, bank the rest.

And I guess there's no point in denying that Outbreak is next on the list.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    But not her reaction to finding out what Matt Horner won in a game of poker?

That too.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    Bunker Capacity, and U-238 Ammo, bank the rest.

And I guess there's no point in denying that Outbreak is next on the list.
    All this sounds good.

7. - Top - End - #67

Yeah, Outbreak will be next up for sure.

2 more vote sets for armory upgrades and we're golden...and neither of you guys told me whether to get the +150 Bunker HP research or the Bunker Turret Cannon research.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Bunker Turrets!

Bunker Range. And U-238 ammo.

Do Outbreak: get Hellions.

9. - Top - End - #69

Hmm... if you have increased capacity, and then put a gun ontop, it's like having 7 marines in it. Or something. I'm going to vote for that one, just for laughs.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Turrents are sweet. Go for them.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Turrents are sweet. Go for them.
    Yes. So your bunkers can duwnload stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, bunker health and and bunker range. Bunkers are made of love.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Bunker turrets are garbage. Get the other upgrade.
    trill in da playground

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Bunker health, bunker range, bunker capacity. I want me some impregnable defences, d'you hear?

Oh, and Outbreak all the way.

15. - Top - End - #75

Update 6: In Which A Severe Confusion Regarding Movie Monsters and Genre Conventions Occurs

Outbreak

Spoiler
    Show

October 7, 2504:

Dear Diary;

Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is, we’re finally leaving this horrible lava planet, and hopefully never coming back now that Raynor and his new buddy Tosh have looted it of all its riches. The bad news is, Mr. Tosh has decided to stick around too, trying to pester Raynor into joining up on more “business ventures”.

And, Diary? Raynor really needs someone to buy him one of those self-help books, “Choosing Decent Friends For Dummies” or something. Because Tosh – well – he SCARES me. I was ‘passing through’ the bridge again today, and he gave me a look as soon as I came on…Diary, I’ve seen rabid animals who looked at me friendlier. Tychus is a creeper, always staring at me like a starving man stares through the window of a five-star restaurant, but creepy is still human. Tosh just plays with that weird knife of his, and looks at me like he’s calculating in his head all the places he could hit to kill me instantly. He looks at everyone like that – me, Matt, Tychus, even Raynor when Tosh isn’t bugging him about another get-rich-quick scheme. Maybe he is thinking that, too; I overheard Matt and Raynor talking about Tosh when he wasn’t around, and Matt said the guy is some kind of super-elite ex-assassin. He must be out of a job now because the Dominion doesn’t use assassins to kill people.

Oh, and I guess we’re headed back to Meinhoff. Raynor likes impressing Dr. Hippie with his pretend altruism more than he likes Tosh’s money, I guess – there’s some sort of epidemic sweeping over the planet, and she wants him to go make sure her farmers are okay. Personally, I think it’s their own fault, all piling up on one planet instead of sensibly going towards the Core worlds where there’s decent medical care.

October 8, 2504:

Dear Diary;

We got to Meinhoff, and landed back at the farmers’ camp while Matt and the ship took a look around, because something felt weird. The farmers were even more packed in than when we left them, which was also strange…then the sensor reports came in. This was the only intact settlement left on the planet, the rest had been overrun by the plague. And it wasn’t a plague, it was a Zerg virus! All the buildings were overgrown with nasty Zerg fungi, and all the other colonists had been mutated into ugly, shambling horror-things.

Raynor’s solution was, of course, to kill everything with excessive amounts of fire – but first we had to save the only humans left on the planet, since it was getting close to night-time. The camp was reasonably well- secure, probably the reason why it was the last surviving holdout, so everyone started hunkering down.

Everyone knows zombies attack in the darkness. I saw them myself in Night of the Living Dead LXXVII, staggering around and moaning. You could hear the Zerg-zombies moaning just outside our perimeter, and the instant the sun dropped out of sight, they came swarming out. I just knew that they were here to kill us and eat our brains, and of course, I said so. One of the marines reassured me I didn’t need to worry about that part, though, which made all the other guys laugh a lot. I wouldn’t think diplomatic press immunity applied to zombies and more than it did to alien Zerg, but they’re still sort of humans, so maybe.

There sure were a lot of them, though. They just kept coming, and coming, all moaning and staggering and hungry to devour us. Really slow-moving, though, which made a change of pace from the Zerg that we kept running into, and they burned awfully nice.

Particularly once the sun came up. Turns out these aren’t just zombies, they’re vampire zombies! They have to hide inside during the day or the sunlight will cook them. That’s good, but it also means they’ll want to eat our brains and drink our blood; the more body parts they think are snack foods, the less likely I’ll be able to fend them off with prime-time exclusive coverage offers.

The strangest thing during all of this was the surviving civilians – they just sort of watched us from the camps, waiting to see if we survived or all got devoured. A bunch of them went indoors when daylight finally came, though, probably since the show was over.

The Raiders must not watch horror movies, because a bunch of them decided that daylight was an opportunity for them to actually go hunting the vampzombies, not the other way around. They loaded up with guns and a bunch of bombs to go cause some carnage while no one could fight back. Me? I knew my part in the script. I’d wait in the back till some evil super-zombies burst out of nowhere real close, so that I could run away only to trip and twist my ankle. They’d almost catch up, until the hero - like Matt – came up at the last second to drive them off. It was a great dream, but unfortunately I was in power armor, which doesn’t have heels, and Matt was in orbit driving his battlecruiser around.

Not that this stopped the Raiders from going completely off-plot and turning this horror film into an action-comedy or something. They were popping infested houses left and right, and laughing their heads off as the vampzombies came running out to get roasted by sunlight.

I can see the fun in running around during the day and blowing stuff up freely, but any sensible person would only be in one place during the night – safe behind our bunkers. Wait, did I just imply that Raynor’s Raiders were sensible? Silly me – they’re terrorists, of course, which is inherently un-sensible. They didn’t come back, but kept going even during the night.

Somewhere along the way, they ran into an actual Zerg critter skittering around – it must have been what brought the plague here. The Raiders were all hopped up on combat drugs, though, and apparently blew it into meaty chunks before it could do more than fart in their general direction.

Not that the vampzombies were any more of a challenge. Rather than waste his breath calling them back, Raynor just sent a bunch of reinforcements their way, to the point where more Raiders were out playing Shoot-The-Zombie than defending our camp (and me, naturally).

Attacking the buildings at night, though, wasn’t such a good idea after all. There was no sunlight to keep them penned in, and they just boiled out to defend their houses like bees coming out of a nest you’ve just swung a stick at.

The biggest vampzombie “town” actually had started growing a few of those icky Zerg spike-tentacle things, and were filled with some really ugly mutant zombies that looked closer to actual Zerg than people. Not that this stopped the Raiders, though, for longer than it took to shoot them full of holes.

Daytime rolled around again, but I don’t think anyone noticed. The vampzombie hordes were dwindling fast as our pack of roid-raging arsonists demolished every hiding place they had. I don’t even want to think about what it must have smelled like out there, with all that cooking Zerg-ified flesh.

By the time it was night again, I think there were more Raiders on the hunt than there were vampzombies to be hunted. Jetpacks and grenades were flying off the racks as fast as the factory-bots could put them together, and people were starting to brag about headshot streaks or taking video footage from their helmets of particularly creative kills to compare later.

The next morning, Raynor finally just said the hell with it and ordered everyone to go help clear out the last infestation pocket. It didn’t last long, especially with no vampzombies to defend it.

With everything except us dead, the troops – naturally – went on a massive looting spree. Dead men don’t need money, after all, and (re)dead vampzombies even less. The farmers didn’t have any [i]more[/]I money to extort out anyways, so they had to get paid somehow.

After that, we took off again. Dr. Hippy was all sad and mopey, wondering if “her people” would ever find a home. Korhal to reality, Doctor! You had a home, and you gave it up. You could have a new home, but you’re the one stooging around with Raynor’s lunatics instead of going Core-ward where it’s safe.

Time to go shopping!

For Armory options, we have 140,000 to spend and the following options:
    Save for Later (0)
    SuperMedpacks (105,000)
    +1 Bunker Range(40,000)
    New: Hellion Twin-Linked Flamers (doubles width of Hellion attack, 40,000)
    New: Hellion Thermite Filaments (+10 damage vs. light armor, 60,000)
    New: Titanium Housing for Missile Turrets (+75 HP to Missile Turrets, 50,000)
    New: Hellstorm Rockets for Missile Turrets (Missile Turrets do AoE damage, 80,000)
    Hire Devil Dog Firebat Mercenaries (25,000)

For Missions, we can pick from:

-Welcome To the Jungle – harvest gas on Bel’Shir and irritate some Protoss (120,000 and +3 Protoss research, gives Goliaths)
    -Smash And Grab – get an artifact fragment, irritate more Protoss (110,000 and +4 Protoss research, gives Marauders)
    -The Great Train Robbery – mess with Dominion salvage operations on Tarsonis for fun and profit (110,000 and +3 Zerg research, gives Diamondbacks)
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-10-29 at 10:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

SuperMedics, nothing else, since everything else there is basically crap.

Also, Welcome to the Jungle.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

17. - Top - End - #77

Medpacks and Train Robbery. Let's get going towards Media Blitz and the ditzy reporter's reaction to it!

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

they're only up to the 77th living dead movie?
    Great work

You need smash and grab. Maruaders make the gas steal mission much easier. Or do the train robbery, but my vote is smash and grab.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2010-10-20 at 11:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

hehe, Night of the Living Dead LXXVII

Go with supermedipacks.

In the jungle
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n knees, knees
    I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle
    We take it day by day
    If you want it you're gonna bleed
    But it's the.....

*starts listening to Guns n' Roses*

20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground

Smash and Grab. Or as I like to call it, Lock'n'Load! Upgrades...feh. It's Smash and Grab. You'll get everything you need right there. I guess you could get Medpacks since you'll be using boytoys more than heavy metal in the near future tho.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-10-20 at 11:31 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

devil dogs, great train robbery. maby throw in bunker range if you have enough left.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

SuperMedpacks and Smash And Grab

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    they're only up to the 77th living dead movie?
    Great work

You need smash and grab. Maruaders make the gas steal mission much easier. Or do the train robbery, but my vote is smash and grab.
    They did a few reboots of the entire series.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Hellion Thermite Filaments

Smash ands grab

25. - Top - End - #85

Just as a note, anyone who doesn't "spend" my entire budget, I'm counting as a virtual vote for "save the rest" when I tally the end totals.

EDIT: And said tally is done. Supermedics got 5 votes, so bought, and since we can't afford anything else, banking the surplus. Smash and Grab is coming up next, on DNN.

Update 7: In Which Statuary Is Met With Hostility

Smash And Grab

Spoiler
    Show

October 15, 2504:

Dear Diary;

At least Professor Hippy’s little cult of farmers is out of our hair again. After Meinhoff and the vampzombies, we led what was left of their little fleet to another unsettled dirtball, which they promptly landed all over on and named it ‘Haven’. Seriously? Even I know that’s like building a giant sign in orbit that glows and says “COME AND EAT US PLEASE”. Especially since it’s right on the edge of Protoss-controlled space. I’ve never seen a Protoss before, I wonder what they’re like? Aside from the whole part about them being murderous psychic fanatics desperately plotting to butcher every human in the galaxy and only held back by the valorous sacrifices of Dominion troops and fleets, of course. Maybe they’re just like really grumpy old men who want us young humans to get off their lawn, only instead of waving a stick, they shoot lasers and set our planets on fire. Maybe I’ll get to meet one someday, even…interview one. Imagine what a scoop that would be for my career! It’d make Kate so jealous at least.

October 15, 2504:

Dear Diary;

Looks like I’m getting part of my wish at least. Tychus the convict finally talked Raynor into going after another old alien relic to auction off. This one’s not far away, either, a little planet called Monolyth, and it’s already been dug up for us and everything. The downside is that it’s being guarded by a bunch of fanatical Protoss cultists (I think that’s an oxymoron, or redundant, or something) who aren’t going to be happy with us waltzing in and taking it. But money is money.

October 16, 2504:

Dear Diary;

Landing on Monolyth went smoothly. And then...

ZERG!

Frankly, I shouldn’t be surprised at this point. Those blasted bugs seem to be popping up everywhere no matter where we go, and to make matters worse, it looked like they also wanted this artifact. Raynor was going to have to work fast to beat them to it, fighting through the Protoss and all, but that didn’t seem to bother him one bit. Maybe the rumors of him being a friend of the Protoss were fake, or the idea of putting one over the Zerg again was more important.

Whichever it was, the Protoss here certainly didn’t like us any more than they liked the Zerg. So they sent robots – armed with lasers, of course – to kill us. The fat guy in the armory had just finished designing some sort of new power armor with grenade launchers built into its fists, though, and they proved to be very good robot killers.

At first, the Zerg seemed content to let us be, devoting all their troops to gobbling up every Protoss in their path on the way to the artifact platform. A few spike-tentacle things kept an eye...or something…on us, but that was it.

Once we started killing Protoss ourselves, though, that changed. The swarms decided they didn’t want us as competition, and also decided we needed to go. They seemed to have underestimated just how good the Raiders had gotten at killing Zerg, though, and were never much of a danger at all.

The Protoss were certainly crazy enough to be dangerous, but I guess crazy people don’t hire competent engineers. Their defensive turrets relied on beamed power from big floating crystal pylons to function, and for some bizarre reason, they decided that the best place for building those crystals was in front of the turrets, not behind them.

The Raiders exploited this mistake ruthlessly. Laser-shooting robots are good and all, but grenade beats laser when laser has its power cut off.

The next thing in our way was a big bridge, with the other side guarded by blaster cannons and some more robots. It would be a pretty tough blockade to break through…

If they hadn’t, again, put their crystals in places where our guns could smash them up without them getting to shoot back. I guess they just need to construct additional pylons (and put them in safer places).

The robots didn’t stand a chance, even after throwing some sort of force fields in our way to be a nuisance. A few barrages of grenades later and we were on the move again.

Along the way, the troops found a clump of defenses centered around another artifact-looking thingamajig. No one had a clue what it was, but if they were protecting it, it was probably important or valuable.

So naturally, mercenary logic dictated that they kill everyone and take it for themselves. Geek Boy in the labs will probably fall over in a dead faint at the thought of getting to play around with Protoss technology.

It wasn’t until we were literally knocking on the door to their main base that the Protoss got serious – but by that time, they had lost too much squishing Zerg, and we had just too many men.

They crumpled like waterlogged cardboard, with only another pair of robots throwing up force fields to try and keep us out of the artifact’s storage area. Like that’s going to stop anything.

Giant statues coming to life and shooting lasers at us, on the other hand…that’s some pretty good stoppage there. I wonder how long it takes before the trees start trying to kill us? We’ve already got the land, sky, and architecture out for our blood.

Even statuary can only take so many grenades to the face, though. We nabbed the prize and bolted, right as the Zerg were finishing off the last of the Protoss from their side and heading our way. Sucks to be them, I guess. Raynor was awfully upset as we left, though, for some reason – he looked like one of my old ex’s did the week after I dumped him overnight. Probably just hung over again.

Holy bajeezus, Improved Medipacks is awesome. I was able to use Marines to tank the Spine Crawlers with a single Medic for backup, where normally a Spine Crawler meant "throw enough Marines at it to win before they all die".

And break out the credit cards.
    145,000 to spend on:

New: Concussive Shells (Marauder grenades slow enemies, 70,000)
    New: Kinetic Foam (Marauders gain +25 HP, 90,000)
    +1 Bunker Range(40,000)
    Twin-Linked Flamers (doubles width of Hellion attack, 40,000)
    Hellion Thermite Filaments (Hellions get +10 damage vs. light armor, 60,000)
    Titanium Housing for Missile Turrets (+75 HP to Missile Turrets, 50,000)
    Hellstorm Rockets for Missile Turrets (Missile Turrets do AoE damage, 80,000)
    Hire Devil Dog Firebat Mercenaries (25,000)
    Hire Hammer Securities Mercenaries (Elite Marauders, 30,000)
    Save For Later (0)

The Missile Turret upgrades are a bad idea for now, only because they're expensive, and if we end up doing Shatter The Sky at the very end, will be totally wasted cash.

For missions, we have
    -Welcome to the Jungle
    -Great Train Robbery
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-10-29 at 10:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Kinetic Foam and bank the rest, and it's time to get dressed up as robbers 'cause we're after a train!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Hammer Securities, Concussive Shells (best upgrade ever in MP), and bank the rest. Also, Welcome to the Jungle dammit. And I want to see a "kill everyone" playthrough of it.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

28. - Top - End - #88

The Feat of Strength again? That'll be interesting to do without Siege Tank support (would need GTR and The Dig).

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The Feat of Strength again? That'll be interesting to do without Siege Tank support (would need GTR and The Dig).
    If there is a FoS in any mission, I demand you acquire it at all costs. What's life without challenge, right?

Be glad I'm not suggesting you do the Virgin Run of the campaign that a buddy of mine did: only make Marines and SCVs, no upgrades, no tech, no Armory console, gogogo.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    If there is a FoS in any mission, I demand you acquire it at all costs. What's life without challenge, right?

Be glad I'm not suggesting you do the Virgin Run of the campaign that a buddy of mine did: only make Marines and SCVs, no upgrades, no tech, no Armory console, gogogo.
    I think you just hate the Raiders and want them to suffer immense casualties.