A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode!

Flexible in their combat style, most likely. I don't think piloting a robot and piloting a spaceplane would work quite similarly.

And indeed, our narrator needs to have a meeting with and old-school queen (or a mid-school queen, like the one in Frontline, who implants the undetectable parasite in the singer) and get swarmed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hell, It's About Time: Let's Play Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign Mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    i never understood why Viking piolets would need to be flexable. i mean when i see a Viking transform, its cockpit stays compleatly the same, tis evrything around it that changes.
    You haven't heard of the Terran Mech Olympics? It's where mech pilots of all vehicles and birthplaces compete in various competitions such as the Muta-shoot, the Zergling splatter, and everybody's favorite, ballet.

Viking pilots have a massive advantage in these games over the clumsy Thors and ground-bound Goliaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Since there's no voting till Post-Dig, I want reader feedback. How is this going so far? What's to improve on? Is there anyone who doesn't want our intrepid narrator to die in a fire by now?
    Seems good so far, but I'm definitely up for her dying in a fire--or at least get beaten a few times with the Clue Bat.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, she's fine. Her clueslessness is what makes the whole thing fascinating, and she's dutuyfully annoying. Although she probably thinks she's THE reporter. Looking good so far, more!
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Well, she's getting a bit of Awesome Time in this upcoming mission. And as for the Vikings....hey, I just dutifully parrot what the game tells me, and apparently the transformation sequence can kill pilots who aren't flexible enough. Why, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Because it's awesome, of course!
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Well, she's getting a bit of Awesome Time in this upcoming mission. And as for the Vikings....hey, I just dutifully parrot what the game tells me, and apparently the transformation sequence can kill pilots who aren't flexible enough. Why, I don't know.
    Additionally, when an inflexible Viking pilot takes a walk outside, apples fall up and kill them.

The moon, too. Collateral damage was quite big that time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I never saw what happens of you help the protoss? She was infected...so sad.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

What happens if you dont help the protoss?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #160
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    What happens if you dont help the protoss?
    A special Protoss Mothership called the Purifier goes around blowing up settlements (none of which are zerg-ified yet, at least for the ones on the mission map), and you have to destroy it before it goes through too many of them. There's a catch, though: the Purifier has an Invulnerability™ shield powered by 3 Nexuses around the map, and until you destroy all 3 of them the Purifier cannot be damaged. After the mission, you get a cinematic of Dr. Hansen leaving permanently to continue her research on a cure for the Zerg virus and briefly trying to talk Raynor into coming with her.

Oh, and don't worry about pissing off the Protoss by making that choice - Selendis reacts to Raynor's decision quite well, saying it will be an honor to meet him in battle, and I got the impression that she understands and agrees with his motives despite opposing his decision.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys, fun fact: did you know that Selendis is acually the protoss comander you play as in Brood War?
    Thanks to Sean Mirrsen for the Kamina Pony avatar.
    : sacrificing minons, is their any problem it can't solve?

"EAT HOT PLASMA DEATH ALIEN SCUM!!!!!!...I always wanted to say that."
    Blake-Aliens:Earth Hive by Steave Perry

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    After the mission, you get a cinematic of Dr. Hansen leaving permanently to continue her research on a cure for the Zerg virus and briefly trying to talk Raynor into coming with her.
    it's also the only time he uses that cigarette pack you always see tucked into his rolled-up left sleeve!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stabbybelkar View Post
    Hey guys, fun fact: did you know that Selendis is acually the protoss comander you play as in Brood War?
    Just as Artanis is the Protoss commander you played as in the original Protoss campaign, Raynor took all of the players' credit from the original Terran campaign and the Zerg Cerebrate got retconned out of existence (somehow...) Protoss players get all the love.

Also interesting is that Blizzard officially declared which of the choices for Haven and the Spectres are canon; namely, Safe Haven and New Folsom. Officially, Nova was lying and Hanson may or may not have been Zerg infested but if she was isn't anywhere near as far along as in Haven's Fall. I'm glad for the first one, since New Folsom really was the better choice of the two in all ways, but I really, really preferred Haven's Fall to Safe Haven. So much more emotional impact, and a funner mission to boot.

I'm really enjoying this Lets Play, as well. It inspired me to give the campaign another go on Hard mode. Mostly I've done pretty well at it, but In Utter Darkness... Was. Not. Fun. Took me 6 attempts to get the damn thing finished, and the last one was a near thing. That mission is relentless.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    I'm really enjoying this Lets Play, as well. It inspired me to give the campaign another go on Hard mode. Mostly I've done pretty well at it, but In Utter Darkness... Was. Not. Fun. Took me 6 attempts to get the damn thing finished, and the last one was a near thing. That mission is relentless.
    Try it on brutal. The sheer number of zerglings is pretty impressive, and they boost the required kills threshold to adjust for having so many extra weak enemies.

Oh, and save between each attack wave. Different save each time, of course.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

[SPOILER]

Protoss war fleet blockading the planet while charging up their weapons to immolate the entire thing’. For some reason, this made Dr. Hippie upset; I can’t tell one bunch of dirt farmers from the next, but she was getting all bothered by the idea of the Protoss zorching ‘her’ colonists.
    I had to look away to hide a smile; this was Jarwalski Award material unfolding right in front of me!
    At that point, no one was surprised when the Protoss turned out to be telling the truth. Infected colonists were running all over the place, and more were sprouting by the minute.
    they all got a full recommended daily helping of smoke and napalm.
    ----

Since there's no voting till Post-Dig, I want reader feedback. How is this going so far? What's to improve on? Is there anyone who doesn't want our intrepid narrator to die in a fire by now?
    " The whole planet population was probably going to be burned in a huge planetary bonefire, includin any family she might have among the colonist but I really couldn't see why she felt bad about it !"

Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't comme so much as 'clueless" than 'seriosuly lacking in basic human empathy', here.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-10-29 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    " The whole planet population was probably going to be burned in a huge planetary bonefire, includin any family she might have among the colonist but I really couldn't understand why she felt bad about it !"
    Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't comme so much as 'clueless" than 'seriosuly lacking in empathy', here.
    Reporter, remember?
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe it's just me, but she doesn't comme so much as 'clueless" than 'seriosuly lacking in empathy'.
    I think there's healthy helping of clueless in there to.

ION: I really like the let's play. And our protagonist(?) is good. It's a good thing we all want to strangle her.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agreed, this LP is going along very well, keep up the good work!
    Thanks to Sean Mirrsen for the Kamina Pony avatar.
    : sacrificing minons, is their any problem it can't solve?

"EAT HOT PLASMA DEATH ALIEN SCUM!!!!!!...I always wanted to say that."
    Blake-Aliens:Earth Hive by Steave Perry

19. - Top - End - #169

Update 10: In Which Our Intrepid Narrator Upsets The Rest of The Cast As Much As She Has Already Upset The Audience

The Dig
    Spoiler
    Show

October 21, 2504;

Dear Diary:

The entire ship’s been miserable all day. Raynor hasn’t come out of his cabin since we left Haven, but I think his mood’s infected everyone else. Geek Boy and Swann are hiding in their respective domains tinkering with who knows what. Matt just paces around the bridge brooding and looking at the star map – he didn’t even hear me try to talk to him. Even the convict Tychus is unhappy, though in his case I think it’s just because the cantina’s run out of good beer. The only person on the ship who doesn’t seem the least bit bothered by all this is that creepy Tosh. He just hangs out on the cantina balcony and stares at people…makes it really hard to concentrate on Lost Viking, I couldn’t even beat Stage 1.

October 22, 2504;

Dear Diary:

Still no sign of Raynor. People are getting antsy now; the Protoss warped out of the system yesterday afternoon, but we’re still drifting around in orbit. If you look out the window, you can see the black spots where the ship’s laser batteries sterilized a few immature Zerg colonies.

October 22, 2504;

Dear Diary:

Tychus went up to the bridge and tried to talk Matt into taking temporary command so the Raiders could go kill something and make more money. I was impressed, I didn’t think anyone alive could swear so long and loud enough to be audible through three bulkhead doors, and Matt never repeated himself once. By some of the crew expressions, they were as surprised as I was. Tychus showed up ten minutes later, chugged an entire bottle of whiskey, and passed out right there in his armor in front of the bar. Matt went to Raynor’s cabin, and an hour after that, the two of them finally came out. Raynor looked like hell, but at least he was sober. Pretty scary expression on his face, though, especially when he ordered Matt to break system and head for the location of the relic Tychus had been pestering him to go find.

October 23, 2504;

Dear Diary:

Tychus finally woke up just as we were entering the system – “Zill” on the maps. Walked like an angry bear in springtime, but he was coherent enough to explain the situation. The Moebius Foundation had found this artifact and sent in a team of their own, around the same time we were robbing salvage trains on Tarsonis. Seems they didn’t want to pay our fees again, but when their own crew up and disappeared, they had to call us anyways. There’s an artifact locked away in some million-year-old alien storage vault, and the only way to crack it open was a gigantic laser drill that Moebius had brought with them, and left behind when they vanished. So we went down to look for them.

Of course, we’d barely landed when another gang of psychotic Protoss showed up and tried to chop us up. They didn’t accomplish much, but as someone pointed out, it at least told us what had happened to the Moebius team. I’m getting the impression that these ‘Tal-darim’ are even more nuts than your average Protoss, so it’s probably a good thing they like to hang around old artifact sites instead of going and setting planets on fire.

Pretty well entrenched they were, too. Running our troops into the teeth of their cannons would have been suicide, even with all the money Raynor had been spending to upgrade their gear. So instead, he brought some Crucio-pattern Siege Tanks. From the sound of it, they’d been Swann’s babies for months, his personal pet projects to tinker with and fix up when he was bored. For what amounted to some really expensive and dangerous toys, though, they worked real well, blowing up every Protoss we ran into.

It didn’t take long for us to find the abandoned Moebius camp. All of it was intact, for some odd reason; the Protoss had butchered every human on the planet, but they didn’t touch the hardware. Their loss, I guess, and Raynor’s gain.

The centerpiece of the whole deal, of course, was this giant honking mining laser. Swann babbled something about eleventy-thousand jigawatts of energy, but all I got was that it’d go through solid rock like a hot knife through butter.

The doors of the artifact vault were, sadly, a lot harder than solid rock. It was going to take a while to drill our way through and loot the tomb. Hopefully we wouldn’t stir up any hostile alien mummies or anything. Tombs always have mummies in them.

It was pretty sturdy, though, so I wandered up and found a comfy seat in the control cabin. Great view from up there - I could see everything around us, and the sizzling noise of the laser drill was really soothing.

On the other hand, that ‘great view’ included the Protoss. By the looks of it, drilling into the tomb and stealing its contents made them really, really angry. We had barely set up a defensive perimeter before they started attacking. They didn’t actually accomplish anything in the face of a big pile of siege tanks and armored bunkers, but that didn’t stop them from trying…and then some idiot blurted out over the general com-net “this is too easy”. Oops.

The first wave of Protoss must have just been scouts. The second time around, they brought some nasty-looking things someone called Archons. I don’t have the least idea what an Archon is, but by the way everyone was panicking at the mention of one, they had to be bad news. And they weren’t alone, backed up by a bunch of robots and infantry.

This was even worse than the vampzombies. At least they just wanted to eat my brains. The crazy Protoss would probably torture me first, and make sure I died slowly. And we didn’t have nearly enough defenses to hold them off, not this soon. All I could do was sit and watch from the relative safety of the laser drill’s cabin…

Laser drill cabin.

Laser drill.

Laser.

I was sitting in the control room for a gigantic laser. Sure, it was bigger than my family’s house on Korhal. Sure, I’d fired a weapon exactly once before in my life, and probably missed. But hey. Giant. Laser.

Thankfully, it looked really simple – even an idiot like Kate could aim this thing. Just a lever to rotate left or right, another lever to aim up or down, and an on/off switch. Everyone was running around like headless chickens, and they got even more upset when the drill shut off. Some sort of automatic safety feature, I guess, to keep an accidental jostle from vaporizing a crowd of miners. I got it lined up with one of those Archon-thingies, and hit the switch.

Power! Unlimited power! It was glorious! The thing’s shields just melted away under the beam and it exploded. The robots melted into slag! Screaming Protoss warriors fled beneath my merciless gaze of death as their armor and flesh vaporized into ashes!

They came at us from the air, desperate to stop my rampage! But my laser – MY LASER – had a elevation lever for a reason. Nothing could stand before me. This just in, Protoss! Breaking news exclusive: Nora Colby and her giant laser are frying your ugly alien asses!

I was caught up in the dreams, imagining all I could do with a giant laser. I’d burn Kate to a cinder, and be UNN’s top field reporter at last! I’d torch that nitwit Donny and be the lead broadcast anchor! I’d become CEO and rename it the Giant Laser News Network!

Eventually I ran out of Protoss in view to shoot, but that didn’t even slow me. They had bases of their own, and buildings couldn’t dodge! They crumbled and burned underneath my searing beam, collapsed into piles of rubble and shattered crystal. And I wouldn’t stop here! I’d level the Palace and crown myself Giant Laser Empress of the Dominion! Books, movies, poems would be written about me and my giant laser!

“Miss Colby, what are you doing? Stop playing around and put that drill back on target.”

Matt’s voice intruded on my reverie. Matt, my future Imperial Consort. And he was….angry?

The world shattered, and I was back in the cabin of the mining drill. I couldn’t help it, I started to cry. I’d lost myself in dreams and made Matt, my darling Matt, upset. How could I ever make it up to him? I let go of the controls, and the drill’s onboard software dutifully returned itself to the default settings and resumed breaking open the vault. Me? I was already broken.

I woke up to more radio chatter. Some of the scouts had found another relic vault – smaller than the main chamber, but probably chock-full of valuable artifacts. Breaking that open would be the perfect way to make everyone happy again.

It didn’t stand a chance. But now Tychus was yelling at me on the com channel. “Crazy stupid woman! Get that thing where it belongs and quit making our paycheck take longer!” Not that I cared what he thought, but I let it swing back anyways and keep drilling.

The door was getting really weak, and by the frequency of attacks, the Protoss were getting more and more agitated. Now they were setting loose really huge robots, big stilt-legged walker things. They didn’t look too dangerous though. When one of them walked up the cliff and vaporized four of our tanks, that changed.

There were two more coming in from the other side, and so I swung the laser into position again. It was a piece of cake to melt through their legs and make them fall over and smash all pretty-like, sort of like tripping a really boorish boom mike technician on the set and watching the chaos erupt.

“Ms. Colby! You’ve been warned twice! You’re a noncombatant, start doing your job and leave the fighting to us!” And now Raynor was shouting at me? I’m saving his men from being stepped on by giant walker-robots and he’s angry that I’m delaying his little tomb-robbing expedition? Well fine, be that way. Let everyone get incinerated and stomped into gooey puddles. See if I care. I won’t.

I sulked for the rest of my time on the planet, and didn’t even see the artifact get extracted. Maybe they did meet evil alien mummies. I think they tried to leave me behind, but I wasn’t losing my scoop that easily.

Those Phobos Weapons were actually quite annoying. I wanted to use my Vikings as spotters for the laser, but with the boosted range, they could shoot anything they could see, and kept aggroing Protoss fliers.

Armory:
    120,000 to spend:

+40% Firebat attack spread (40,000)
    +2 Firebat armor (85,000)
    2x Hellion attack spread, 40,000)
    +10 Hellion damage vs. light armor, 60,000)
    +75 HP to Missile Turrets, 50,000)
    Missile Turrets do AoE damage, 80,000)
    Hire Devil Dog Firebat Mercenaries (25,000)
    Diamondbacks +1 Range (75,000)
    Diamondbacks +50 HP (90,000)
    Hire Hel's Angels Viking Mercenaries (45,000)
    Ripwave Missiles (Viking anti-air attacks do splash damage = 75,000)
    Dual-Fusion Welders (SCV's repair units and structures 2x as fast = 80,000)
    New: Hire Siege Breakers (2 Elite Siege Tanks, 45,000)
    New: Maelstrom Rounds (+40 Siege tank damage vs. primary target, splash unaffected = 105,000)
    New: Shaped Blasts (Siege tanks do 75% less damage to friendly units = 140,000) - can't buy this now, but if you want it ASAP, make your vote Save Everything.

Research: Protoss 10/Zerg 11
    Choose either
    A) Orbital Facilities: Supply Depots are built instantaneously. Can be mildly handy to avoid getting supply-locked by accident.
    or
    B) Advanced Refineries: Vespene Refineries produce 25% faster. Combos great with Automated Refineries at the next tech-up, incidentally.

Mission:
    -Welcome to the Jungle: Harvest terrazine gas on Bel'Shir (120,000 and +3 Protoss Tech, Goliaths)
    -Cutthroat: Meet with Colonel Orlan to have the adjutant decrypted (120,000 and +3 Protoss Tech, Vultures)
    -The Prophecy Missions (no units, no money, total of +13 Zerg and +11 Protoss Research)

I'll be doing the Prophecy Missions in one marathon string if/when they win the vote, so keep that in mind. It'll bring us up to Protoss 21/Zerg 24, and free $$$ from the Eggheads that much faster.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2010-10-29 at 10:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

She's in trouble

I vote for:

Hire Siege Breakers

Advanced Refineries

The Prophesy Missions

21. - Top - End - #171

Welcome to the Jungle(!), Advanced Gas Gizmos, Maaaelstrom roooounds
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

There are two upgrades in campaign mode that you can't go wrong with. One is Orbital Command, the other is Maelstrom rounds.

You have one avaiable? Get it.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, mr. Glyphstone, is Cutthroat. Lets dash our way towards that Media Blitz.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-10-29 at 11:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #173

Maelstrom rounds and Advanced Refinery, obviously.

More Dakka! More Dakka!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't played SC2, but when there's an option for "MOAR DAKKA", I'm voting for it.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

With all those people saying they want 'Moar daka !' I'm surprised they are so few voting for Cuthroat, seing as it's a mandatory passage if you want to eventualy get Thors.

Personaly I say: Prophecy missions and Advanced refiniries.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-10-30 at 06:30 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

hel's angels. i can not stretch this enough.

mercs are infinitely valuable in missions were resources are low
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Save for Shaped Rounds fore the tank.
    Orbital Facilities
    Welcome to the Jungle

28. - Top - End - #178

With all those people saying they want 'Moar daka !' I'm surprised they are so few voting for Cuthroat, seing as it's a mandatory passage if you want to eventualy get Thors.

Personaly I say: Prophecy missions and Advanced refiniries.
    Thors are fun, but they're expensive and clumsy. The way you guys have set my armory upgrades so far, the real expensive missions are most likely going to be beaten with a huge bioball and Siege Tank support, with a few Vikings to chase off Brood Lords.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Maelstrom rounds, Advanced Refineries and Cutthroat. More blasty, more Vespine to build the blasty more easily and on the way to Media Blitz. I'd say to go for Spectres first because they kick ass (and are far more useful to you than Thors), but I'd like to get a little bit of character development going for our intrepid reporter.

I kind of feel sorry for her after she got yelled at repeatedly for helping to reduce casualties in the last mission... Even if she did go a little bit overboard, telling her off for opening the Shrines and blowing up Colossi is a bit dickish. It's right after Haven's Fall, so I can understand people having short tempers, but still...

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Raynor yells at her to get off the controls as she's a non-combatant.

It's possible that he's trying to protect her - if at a future point they end up being captured by humans or Protoss, he can tell them she's a embedded reporter (or explain the concept to the Protoss), thus while she may be imprisoned, it's unlikely she'd be executed like the rest of the 'rebels'. It's harder to claim she's harmless if she's been nuking things with a giant laser.

That's of course assuming there's something similar to the Geneva Convention in the Starcraft universe, guaranteeing non-combatant status.