New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] So my party just got reincarnated into a Unicorn, a Hydra, and an Owlbear......

My oh my.....

I used your Homebrewed threads' racial progressions and made a reincarnation table of my own.

Oh, and the drow rolled the fire elemental template...

How does a DM run this?

Can they ever enter a city again????
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] So my party just got reincarnated into a Unicorn, a Hydra, and an Owlbear..

they could attack a city. i guess that involves entering it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [3.5] So my party just got reincarnated into a Unicorn, a Hydra, and an Owlbear..

Spells such as Disguise Self would work, and Alter Self should let the Hydra look like a Lizardman, the Owlbear look like any mammal they desired, double for the unicorn, though the unicorn likely would get a blessed treatment for walking into a town.

I'm not sure of the fire elemental template, but their disposition should allow them to be fine after the knee-jerk reaction most people will get. I don't see any frightful presence on the board so people aren't going to flee in mindless terror.

Really, it's now a challenge and work. Fun even

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    I recommend trenchcoats, big hats, and a good disguise check
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sure, with the rest of the Circus. I'm sure they'll get proper permits and everything.

I can just imagine the jokes...A drow, a unicorn, a hydra, and an owlbear walk into a bar, the bartender says...I DISBELIEVE! I DISBELIEVE!

Either you roll with it, or you just realize it's going to be fun for a bit, and work out a way to transition back to something more normal.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

My oh my.....

I used your Homebrewed threads' racial progressions and made a reincarnation table of my own.

Oh, and the drow rolled the fire elemental template...

How does a DM run this?

Sure, let the Fire Elemental and the Unicorn talk for the party. Bonus points if he gives the Unicorn pink ribbons and calls her Sparkles or Galaxy (real My Little pony names).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

My oh my.....

This is why the standard reincarnation table has normal races.

Also, who reincarnated the entire party? 4 players all reincarnated; Am I to guess you at least have 5+ players? Ya know... just checking.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Like Godzilla uses!
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

9. - Top - End - #9

Only four in the party. Death is the one who reincarnated us. The hydra can also speak as well. Each head has a brain and its own personality. I have a centaur, valley girl, and the last is yet to be decided.
    When the fourth head grows it insults everyone.
    *Hydra speaking*
    Last edited by TurtleKing; 2010-10-17 at 08:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah, and they randomly rolled genders.

The Hydra is female, so I allow it to Rage once per month.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Oh yeah, and they randomly rolled genders.

The Hydra is female, so I allow it to Rage once per month.
    Only acceptable if that rage lasts for a week.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblade View Post
    This is why the standard reincarnation table has normal races.

Also, who reincarnated the entire party? 4 players all reincarnated; Am I to guess you at least have 5+ players? Ya know... just checking.
    I'm guessing an Archdruid with a sense of humor... or an elf/halfling nature deity or something.

13. - Top - End - #13

The God of Death came by to reincarnate the four of us plus the companion.

Centaur -> Hydra
    Ork -> Owlbear
    Fire Elf -> Unicorn
    Drow -> Venerable Fire Elemental (the venerable part applies in this case: DM ruling)
    The Fire Elf's companion that is a Climbing Dog -> Corollax

This should be interesting to say the least.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

What does your table look like? The reincarnation one.
    Homebrew:
    Endless Thanks go to Akrim.elf for the excellent avatar of an antique Gordon-Style Letterpress. With haberdasherical accessory.

15. - Top - End - #15

My table has (most likely) all of the official racial progression races, and the homebrewed races from the Improved Monster Classes series from the Homebrew section. The DM however can't use my table due to some issues so he can only use the Savage Species and the homebrew ones. We use the racial progression list as a reincarnation list.

Some of the more powerful on the table include the Tarrasque, Aboleth, Anaxim, Pit Fiend, Balor, Angel, Angel of Decay, Phoenix, Hydra, and Werehydra.
    Last edited by TurtleKing; 2010-10-18 at 12:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Sorry for the double post.

I am curious on how would the playgrounders roleplay those races.

So how would you roleplay the Hydra with each head having its own personality, and make sense of possibly roleplaying each head?

How do you roleplay a Unicorn rogue? A Owlbear Tinker? A Fire Elemental Ranger Cleric?

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleKing View Post
    How do you roleplay a Unicorn rogue?
    Not sure how you would roleplay it, but I have some crazy mental images of a tumbling, wall-climbing, lockpicking Unicorn.

I suppose for roleplaying purposes you have to take into account that they each still think like their former selves. i.e. the Unicorn still thinks/acts as it did while it was a Fire Elf and tries to come to terms with its new 4-legged armless body
    Last edited by Parra; 2010-10-18 at 10:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

[3.5] So my party just got reincarnated into a Unicorn, a Hydra, and an Owlbear......
    BEST CAMPAIGN EVER!
    Last edited by Ormagoden; 2010-10-18 at 10:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ormagoden View Post
    BEST CAMPAIGN EVER!
    ...I'd have to agree. That's just... epic. Rolling random races for the characters sounds like an awesome concept to start with, but having played as "regular" characters and turned into those? Awesome.
    My characters: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetindex.php?sg=41703

GENERATION 7D: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add applesauce to the generation. This is a social experiment.

20. - Top - End - #20

Thank I agree. As I was making my list was thinking of what it be like to play Mr. Big T. Well the Hydra is not so bad either.

21. - Top - End - #21

DruidGuy

Sounds to me like the only thing left to do in your campaign is find some way of increasing your size to gargantuan and rampage through a city until you're finally defeated by a group of equally large pow... mystic rangers wearing bright primary-colored cloaks in a spectacular, if mysteriously slo-mo, battle.
    Last edited by Moriato; 2010-10-18 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    What does "too evil" mean, anyway? Too evil compared to what? Is there a Recommended Daily Allowance of evil?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

You should move into an old cave, set up some traps, and hoard magic items there. Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan, and no monsters have ever tried it before.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

23. - Top - End - #23

Ummm.....all of no.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    It could totally work.

25. - Top - End - #25

DruidGuy

Realistically, if this is supposed to be a serious (as opposed to silly) campaign, I'd scrap the whole idea. I really can't see any way that a serious campaign could survive this without becoming... well just silly. Better to retcon it away now than try to work through it and have drag the campaign down. If your campaign is already a silly one, well then enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    What does "too evil" mean, anyway? Too evil compared to what? Is there a Recommended Daily Allowance of evil?

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

How many heads does the hydra have? Technically they are all different personalities as said before, or rather they would all be the centaur. And would they argue who was in charge?
    If they're all the same personality, what qualifies on to be the lead head over the others? And in theory, a hydra could have different classes per head.
    Last edited by Crossblade; 2010-10-18 at 11:56 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

........ Each head has her own personality. There are three heads (for now).
    Personalities consist of Centaur, Valley Girl, and Primal. I am also now a female where I used to be male. For now I most likely will only be taking levels in Hydra and its prestige class to gain a breath weapons.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moriato View Post
    Realistically, if this is supposed to be a serious (as opposed to silly) campaign, I'd scrap the whole idea. I really can't see any way that a serious campaign could survive this without becoming... well just silly. Better to retcon it away now than try to work through it and have drag the campaign down. If your campaign is already a silly one, well then enjoy!
    This. Could be hilariously good fun for wacky hijinks, mostly centered on determining exactly HOW a hydra managed to do that acrobatics check, or how your unicorn plays the flute or what have you. However, it'll burn out quick.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    It could totally work.
    I see your TMNT and raise you… Transformers (robots in a disguise):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Greenish; 2010-10-18 at 01:00 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleKing View Post
    How do you roleplay a Unicorn rogue? A Owlbear Tinker? A Fire Elemental Ranger Cleric?
    For the first, bullrush stealth horn backstab.

Real life horses can do it and they don't even take levels in rogue!

For the other two, I don't know what you mean by Tinker, and I answered the other elsewhere.