New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Catfolk PC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Catfolk PC

I'm currently creating a feral catfolk PC for my next campaign. My DM insisted that all players use a LA of +2 in order to dissuade an all human and or elf game. I am currently generating a chargun clawun catfolk that uses its feral template claw(Savage species) attacks as its primary weapon.

My 1st level feats are power attack, reckless offense, and dodge(leading to spring attack for sheer badassery of charging spring attacks with pounce).

What I really need is some way to add weapon enhancements to my claws, preferably as early as possible. My D.M. has already agreed to allow my character to use natural attacks while increasing my BAB by class.

Any comments and or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Catfolk PC

From what I know, your abilities are rather limited. Magic Fang potions make it easy to get a + to hit and damage, but special abilities are harder to come by... you could ask your DM if you can treat the claws as manufactured weapons for purposes of enchanting, or see if you can use another item slot (such as bracers) to provide special abilities to your claws.

If you have access, try looking at Magic Item Compendium, as I think there are items in there that boost natural attacks, or you could look at Magic of Incarnum, which might be more your style, assuming you don't have a class picked out yet.
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

If he accepts homebrew you can also always request racial Feats or a PrC.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

You're looking for Necklace of Natural Attacks (or a similar name) from Savage Species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I believe one of the Mongoose Publishing class books, the one for monk if I recall, added a magic item, an amulet, that could be enchanted the same as a weapon and wearing it enhanced the users natural attacks. But, the amulet itself cost 1000 gold and enchanting costs went up by like 20%, to cover for it affecting ALL natural attacks.
    Sir Ouranos Helaine, The Silver Wing, Paladin of Bahamut
    By Blood And Honor, We Serve.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

There is also the Kensai prestige class in Complete Warrior which explicitly lets you enchant your claws, but it's probably subpar and its fluff is pretty counter to your character concept. It may be a good starting point if you decide to discuss homebrew prestige classes with your DM.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Thread moved to Role-playing games. Carry on.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godsrequiem View Post
    My 1st level feats are power attack, reckless offense, and dodge(leading to spring attack for sheer badassery of charging spring attacks with pounce).
    You can't combine Charge with Spring Attack, which is okay since the latter is a trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsrequiem View Post
    My D.M. has already agreed to allow my character to use natural attacks while increasing my BAB by class.
    Do you mean that you get iterative attacks with your natural weapons?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.