New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    :O :! !!!!!! Definitely worth buying that. The first game was rather good.
    From what I've heard the second one isn't as good.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I heard the same thing. I heard that they totally screwed up the economy. However, I also heard that the latest patch fixed that problem.

EDIT: However, after reading wikipedia, there are a lot more other changes. The game looks, in general, much less cool. I won't be buying it.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2010-11-27 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh ho ho it's funny because it's the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation which was amazing and I keep reading "the first one" as TA and I'm all "heck yes!!!!!!!"

Also it's funny because I'm implying Supreme Commander is bad. I've never even played it.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Oh ho ho it's funny because it's the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation which was amazing and I keep reading "the first one" as TA and I'm all "heck yes!!!!!!!"

Also it's funny because I'm implying Supreme Commander is bad. I've never even played it.
    The first game wasn't that bad. Didn't live up to the spirit of Total Annihilation (hey, anyone up for a game of Total Annihilation sometime?) but it was pretty good.
    My Twitter

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Operating system (ie, Windows XP, Vista or 7?)

Restart Steam and try launching the demo again. There should be a short delay while Steam updates the files and places correct copies of everything into place for you.

If that doesn't work, try the steps below.

Go to your add/remove programs window, uninstall something called:
    "Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE Redistributable"

Then after it has been uninstalled, download the latest GFWL client. It can be found here.

Install that, restart Steam and try again.

If that doesn't work, feel free to bash my head in with a rock for wasting your time.
    I'm running windows 7. I tried restarting steam and that doesn't do anything. I couldn't find the Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE Redistributable" so I couldn't delete it.

I should note it only comes up with the xlive.dll error if I try and launch the demo from outside steam. When I try to launch it from steam it freezes at the preparing game for launch and steam stops responding. I've had the same problem with gratuitous space battles and the demo for Hegomony: Philip of Macedon. Other games (Men of War, Portal, Alien Swarm) are unaffected.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

6. - Top - End - #1266

:O :! !!!!!! Definitely worth buying that. The first game was rather good.
    I heard the same thing. I heard that they totally screwed up the economy. However, I also heard that the latest patch fixed that problem.

EDIT: However, after reading wikipedia, there are a lot more other changes. The game looks, in general, much less cool. I won't be buying it.
    Supreme Commander 1 is better than the second but the second one is still a good game. They made changes in an effort to try and prevent the games from taking so damn long.

It's less cool because they took out some of those cool features to make the game less complex and move at a faster pace. $3.75 is worth it for the game.

Anyways, anyone have any of the games in the Indie Pulse pack besides Audiosurf? I'm probably going to get it because of BIT.TRIP BEAT and because I'm interested to see how all of these games compare to Audio Surf with my music.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2010-11-27 at 03:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Supreme Commander 1 is better than the second but the second one is still a good game. They made changes in an effort to try and prevent the games from taking so damn long.

It's less cool because they took out some of those cool features to make the game less complex and move at a faster pace. $3.75 is worth it for the game.
    I don't like faster paced. I like slow paced, complex games. Guess I will stick with the first one then
    My Twitter

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't play Beat Hazard. I'm warning you. It'll make your eyes bleed, or at the very least hurt.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Eh, today's deals are similarly un-noteworthy.
    L4D2 for $5 isn't bad, but most of us here probably already have it.

Red Faction: Guerrilla is a pretty good game, though Armageddon is coming out soon, so...

Today's CSS pack is a better deal than two days ago (Valve really needs to fix their marketing scheme... or maybe not).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post

The first game wasn't that bad. Didn't live up to the spirit of Total Annihilation (hey, anyone up for a game of Total Annihilation sometime?) but it was pretty good.

TA is awesome, but nobody plays it anymore :/ I'd happily dig up my copy and play if I can find it again.

I don't like faster paced. I like slow paced, complex games. Guess I will stick with the first one then
    I like to build up a bit. Games shouldn't be about who can "rush" faster. A RTS really ought to be about who can actually strategize better. With that in mind...

Is Supreme Commander 2 worth the $3.75?

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I like to build up a bit. Games shouldn't be about who can "rush" faster. A RTS really ought to be about who can actually strategize better.
    Blitzkrieg is a viable strategic approach. Discrediting it simply because the only appreciable way to represent a blitzkrieg is through resource management is hardly appropriate.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Blitzkrieg is a viable strategic approach. Discrediting it simply because the only appreciable way to represent a blitzkrieg is through resource management is hardly appropriate.
    Blitzkrieg is acceptable. I just take offense to the whole Starcraft style of rushing, where it's basically just a unit-construction race in the first ten minutes of the game, where the winner is mostly determined by their skill at micro.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-27 at 04:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

So, my stream is a-go. This will be an official test to see how much bandwidth it really takes up, since we found out where to access our download and upload records by day. (Incidentally, the major source was the weekend I had the house to myself and spent the whole damn weekend watching Heroes on Netflix. 25 gigs, there. I didn't know! *sob*)

Anyway, Matrix with Rifftrax here, at 6:30 EST! That's an hour and a half from now, for those across the pond.

13. - Top - End - #1273

By faster paced SC2 still takes quite a bit of time to run a game. It's just not as ridiculously long as the first one.

Also, I possibly need some help. Did anyone else get Age of Empires 3 from Games for Windows Live?

I downloaded and installed it and it looked like everything went fine there except for when I hit play, it opens up the folder for AoE 3 and I have to manually find the launcher for each AoE game.

Is this normal or what?

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

By faster paced SC2 still takes quite a bit of time to run a game. It's just not as ridiculously long as the first one.

Also, I possibly need some help. Did anyone else get Age of Empires 3 from Games for Windows Live?

I downloaded and installed it and it looked like everything went fine there except for when I hit play, it opens up the folder for AoE 3 and I have to manually find the launcher for each AoE game.

Is this normal or what?
    Well, my school has a small league, and most games are done in under twenty minutes tops, so... (only the best players tend to go for anything longer than 35-40). The one exception was the game of fastest map perfected we played. Took us two and a half hours to fight it out.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been watching a fair ammount of competitive Stacraft 2 games recently and the early part of the games seem to not be so much a race to attack as early as you can but rather attempting to pull off a few quick stunts in order to grab some early advantages for the later parts of the game, if anything it deepens the strategic element to it.

Is this normal or what?
    No, its freakishly abnormal and weird and as a result you will be cruelly taunted for the rest of your life.

Nah, it was the same on my end, just create shortcuts of each launcher and put them on the desktop.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-27 at 05:44 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I picked up AoE and was absolutely disgusted with the vast inferiority of GFWL
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

It's less cool because they took out some of those cool features to make the game less complex and move at a faster pace. $3.75 is worth it for the game
    Still worth it for about double that? Being European, it's 5€ flat here, which exchanges to around $6.

Also: Waaahhh, I'd want NyxQuest and it's there on the pack at 85% discount, but I don't have people to buy the pack together with.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Quote Originally Posted by Demon 997 View Post
    I'm running windows 7. I tried restarting steam and that doesn't do anything. I couldn't find the Microsoft Games for Windows LIVE Redistributable" so I couldn't delete it.

I should note it only comes up with the xlive.dll error if I try and launch the demo from outside steam. When I try to launch it from steam it freezes at the preparing game for launch and steam stops responding. I've had the same problem with gratuitous space battles and the demo for Hegomony: Philip of Macedon. Other games (Men of War, Portal, Alien Swarm) are unaffected.
    Hmm, unusual... Have you tried downing the GFWL client and installing it anyway?

If this doesn't work, I suggest going to the Steam user forums and searching for FAQs on it, there are more tech-savvy people than me lying around on those there forums.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

19. - Top - End - #1279

No, its freakishly abnormal and weird and as a result you will be cruelly taunted for the rest of your life.

Nah, it was the same on my end, just create shortcuts of each launcher and put them on the desktop.
    Mkay then. Glad to know it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    I picked up AoE and was absolutely disgusted with the vast inferiority of GFWL
    Aside from the launching issues I just now have, I don't see how GFWL sucks that much. I mean you can't compare it to Steam with all of it's community, etc. but still, I don't see why it's horrible.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Mkay then. Glad to know it's not just me.

Aside from the launching issues I just now have, I don't see how GFWL sucks that much. I mean you can't compare it to Steam with all of it's community, etc. but still, I don't see why it's horrible.
    Massive crashing, multiple passwords for basic stuff, runs in the background even if you close it, there's any number of reasons to dislike it.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... Getting Supreme Commander and the Indie Pulse Pack, I think.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

I got the indie pack (even though I already owned Audiosurf and Beat Hazard, worth it for the others imo), Supreme Commander 2, and King's Bounty. I have bought many games in the last two days >:

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Half an hour until TRIASSIC ATTACK

Tune in early for no reason, I just want some company.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm.

Would anyone be interested in me Livestreaming a (BLIND!) playthrough of OCTODAD? Because it looks to be hilarious.

Loving Father. Caring Husband. Secret Octopus.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1285

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Hmm, unusual... Have you tried downing the GFWL client and installing it anyway?

If this doesn't work, I suggest going to the Steam user forums and searching for FAQs on it, there are more tech-savvy people than me lying around on those there forums.
    Installed it and got it working. Just wished I'd bought it when it was on sale. Thanks for your help.
    Fallen London: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Acliabides

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinachi View Post
    Raxtel would like to quick-draw his grapnel and line gun and try to reel in Sarge like some particularly authoritive fish before we lose him in the middle of the rebel infested, colder-than-space tundra.
    Only War Jungle of Sin: Darrien Holt

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Hmm.

Would anyone be interested in me Livestreaming a (BLIND!) playthrough of OCTODAD? Because it looks to be hilarious.

Loving Father. Caring Husband. Secret Octopus.
    Take a little while to learn how to control Octodad, and it should be amusing. He's much more awkward to control than you might think; I gave up after about 5 minutes.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Half an hour until TRIASSIC ATTACK

Tune in early for no reason, I just want some company.
    There was skeleton dinosaurs, and then they turned into a giant Dracolich. You guys missed out.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    There was skeleton dinosaurs, and then they turned into a giant Dracolich. You guys missed out.
    Although it could have been better.

Needed more Daleks.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    He's much more awkward to control than you might think; I gave up after about 5 minutes.
    Octodad is very, very awkward to control indeed.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly the Heavy hears his sandvich talking to him only because the lead poisoning gets to his head.