New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Do Genasi have elemental subtypes?

As the title Do Fire Genasi have the [Fire] subtype and do the others have the [Water], [Air], and [Earth] subtype?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Do Genasi have elemental subtypes?

As teh standard/lesser versions of their races, no.
    I believe there is a feat, perhaps in Races of Faerun which emphasizes their elemental heritage, and could give them that subtype.
    Be warned, there's more than just the 4 Genasi, Tiefling, and Aasimar these days. There's also a lawful and chaotic version, and I'd swear one from mechanus (somehow)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

No, for the same reason Aasimar aren't [Good] and Tieflings aren't [Evil].

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by herrhauptmann View Post
    As teh standard/lesser versions of their races, no.
    I believe there is a feat, perhaps in Races of Faerun which emphasizes their elemental heritage, and could give them that subtype.
    Be warned, there's more than just the 4 Genasi, Tiefling, and Aasimar these days. There's also a lawful and chaotic version, and I'd swear one from mechanus (somehow)
    Ok, here is what I believe is the full (or pretty god damn close) Planetouched list:

-The Elemental Genasi (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
    -The Para-Elemental Genasi (Smoke, Ooze, Ice, Magma)
    -A few Quasi-Elemental Genasi exist (Dust, Steam, I think that's all of them)
    -The Tiefling, the Aasimar, the Chaond (chaos), and the Zenthryi (law). There are also the Axani (law) and the Cansin (chaos).
    -The Fey'ri (demon elves) and the Tanarruk (demon orcs).
    -The Mechantrix (Mechanus), the Shyft (ethereal), the Wispling (demon halflings), and the Maeluth (devilish dwarves).
    -The Azerblood (fire dwarves), the Celadrin (eladrin elves), the D'hin'ni (djinn halflings), and the Worghest (goblin barghests).

I am fairly sure that's all of them.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I've never heard of para and quasi elemental genasi, nor have I heard of Axani or cansin. Stats/book?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Para-Genasi, Axani, and Cansin appeared in Dragon #297.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Ok, here is what I believe is the full (or pretty god damn close) Planetouched list:

-The Elemental Genasi (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)
    -The Para-Elemental Genasi (Smoke, Ooze, Ice, Magma)
    -A few Quasi-Elemental Genasi exist (Dust, Steam, I think that's all of them)
    -The Tiefling, the Aasimar, the Chaond (chaos), and the Zenthryi (law). There are also the Axani (law) and the Cansin (chaos).
    -The Fey'ri (demon elves) and the Tanarruk (demon orcs).
    -The Mechantrix (Mechanus), the Shyft (ethereal), the Wispling (demon halflings), and the Maeluth (devilish dwarves).
    -The Azerblood (fire dwarves), the Celadrin (eladrin elves), the D'hin'ni (djinn halflings), and the Worghest (goblin barghests).

I am fairly sure that's all of them.
    You missed the Janni (human/Djinn crossbreeds), from one of the Dragon magazines.
    I misplaced the name so disregard. Also: this. Full list of the planetouched with sources.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2010-10-23 at 12:33 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

I just looked this up 15 minutes ago 'cause I was looking for the rulings on half-fiend/celestial gaining the [evil]/[good] subtype. Nether those nor Fiendish/Celestial template do so either, which doesn't make much sense on the Fiendish/Celestial templates, 'cause they're basically "the planar version" of the base creature.