New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Gamma World

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Gamma World

Came back from game day for Gamma World a while ago. I'm curious what the thoughts are from anyone who's had a chance to try it.

I played an empath giant by the name of "Gentle Ben." My weapon of choice: a stop light. At one point in the game, I grew a yeti-like pelt (Chewbacca, anyone?) and then lost it. So, I was a naked empath giant . . . wearing a bike helmet (Oh random loot tables, you never fail).

I liked building my character; the random creation makes for some interesting combinations, from the silly to the superb (we had a speedster cockroach - he could shift before and after an attack, had move speed 8, and could ignore terrain features . . . wicked). The way powers swap in and out after encounters makes things chaotic. I found it interesting and amusing, but the volatility could make many characters unreliable.

Overall, though, I liked it. If nothing else, definitely good for a laugh.

Edit: I just realized there's another Gammaworld thread. Oopsies.
    Last edited by Hal; 2010-10-23 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Repeat of another thread
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.