New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Just a thought

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Just a thought

I was thinking, a few things, and i came with this idea: cleric X/Prestige Paladin 2/Prestige Ranger 2; using sword of the arcane order, to cast arcane spells.

There i tecnically have paladin mount, animal companion, i can get "obtain familiar", and make a uber mount, is this posible???
    I would smile if i could (told by a warforged fighter, to a gnome, that made a joke about his name)

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    nice ramza i have never thought of that!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Just a thought

I think your only allowed one of those. Can't be totally certain, but I remember there being a rule that you can have an animal camp, a mount, or a familiar, but not more then 1. Of course having a Dire Ape Camp riding a heavy horse mount with a eagle on its shoulder would be cool.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, it's possible. And you can add in Battle Blessing, which lets you cast all paladin spells as swift actions, to auto-quicken everything. Good luck finding a DM who'll allow it, though.

I don't see how having a familiar would benefit you much, but Obtain Familiar is there if you think it will. And note that normally your animal companion, mount, etc. have to be different animals; there are ways to stack them (such as the Devoted Tracker feat), but you can't by default.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2010-10-24 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Yep, it's possible. And you can add in Battle Blessing, which lets you cast all paladin spells as swift actions, to auto-quicken everything. Good luck finding a DM who'll allow it, though.

I don't see how having a familiar would benefit you much, but Obtain Familiar is there if you think it will. And note that normally your animal companion, mount, etc. have to be different animals; there are ways to stack them (such as the Devoted Tracker feat), but you can't by default.
    Perhaps some form of Improved Familiar? Get the right option, and you could look decently awesome.
    Mounted knight, with his loyal hound that tracks down the unrighteous that he may bring them to justice.
    (Isn't there a prestige ranger too? Similar idea, but more medieval looking: Rich nobleman hunting boar with his trusty hound.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

The key to an ubermount build revolves around stacking animal companion/familiar/special mount levels. There are a few feats for this, I think, and Halfling Outrider does this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

6. - Top - End - #6

AssassinGuy

Sorry my bad, my idea was in fact stacking familiar/mount/companion into one thing, by using that idea, maybe throwing Ur-Priest, instead of cleric and re-fluffing prestige paladin to prestige paladin of tyranny

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.
    I would smile if i could (told by a warforged fighter, to a gnome, that made a joke about his name)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza1987 View Post
    I was thinking, a few things, and i came with this idea: cleric X/Prestige Paladin 2/Prestige Ranger 2; using sword of the arcane order, to cast arcane spells.

There i tecnically have paladin mount, animal companion, i can get "obtain familiar", and make a uber mount, is this posible???
    Sword of the Arcane Order requires either Paladin 4th level or Ranger 4th level, not a combination of the two classes equaling 4 levels.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by gorfnab View Post
    Sword of the Arcane Order requires either Paladin 4th level or Ranger 4th level, not a combination of the two classes equaling 4 levels.
    maybe he meant he would levelup and get it when he could
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Edit: Nevermind

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gorfnab View Post
    I forgot that part, my mistake; well then, how can it be done? Any ideas?