New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Evil Artificer

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Evil Artificer

I am brewing up an evil character and for a change of pace I am going artificer...who is evil. Instead of just being a caster, he is going to be melee. I already have a couple signature weapons for him to use, a electrified, super sharp gauntlet, a repeating light-crossbow that automatically reloads and applies a harsh poison to each bolt, and a shoulder mounted tanglepatch launcher.

Outside of a few feats for flavor, I've mostly taken crafting reducers. Extraordinary and Legendary Artisan with Magic Artisan for Craft Wondrous Item and Craft Magic Arms and Equipment, the two I am most likely be crafting.

Are there any feats I should know of that I haven't listed that are a must? Also, any recommendations for custom items that would fit the theme of an evil Artificer that is becoming more robotic like?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Artificer

Half-Iron Golem?

Skill Focus (Craft: Something)?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

For "becoming more robot-like" Renegade Mastermaker is a staple. Or you could just have him slowly become half-golem, though I don't recommend it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I had a evil meleeficer a while ago. He used a (eternal? can't remember the spell level) wand of sadism (BoVD). Helped a lot in combat and gave a definite nasty feel to the character.
    I find it a bit creepy with people that laugh with joy as they hurt another, and actually grow more powerful as they do so.
    As for robotics, I can't really help you, unless you want to play a warforged, which isn't really a bad choice when you're going artificer.
    Last edited by drakir_nosslin; 2010-10-30 at 05:06 PM.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

I have Skill Focus: (Use Magic Device) because it is so important to Artificer. For the robotic thing, it was mostly a fluff piece. He is taking Willing Deformity and Willing Deformity: Tall. Instead of scarring he will have metal bits and pieces implanted into himself, think WH40K. Tall deformity is refluffed to having extending arms ala Inspector Gadget.

Where is Renegade Mastermaker by the way? Never heard of it. Also, is there an updated version (3.5) for half golems? Template version, not the OoTs version.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Spamalot in the Playground

RMM is in Magic of Eberron. It slowly turns you into a Warforged.

The only half-golem template I know is in MM2, but that's 3.0 I think.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, yes it does advance casting. (RMM, that is.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2010-10-30 at 05:22 PM.