New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [D&D 4e] Hero Lab Questions

Has anyone used Hero Lab? How do their updates work? Do I need to keep DDI to keep Hero Lab updated? Does the system lack support for anything that's in the 4e rules (Including the essentials stuff)? Is there support for Artifact items?
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: [D&D 4e] Hero Lab Questions

4e Hero Lab is not important to myself, the functionality it adds to the character builder is not all that great. Sure you get the custom stuff, but you can modify the sheet for free.

Hero Lab is keeping up with the updates, though you have to remember that it runs with the character builder, not really separately from it.

Artifact support is there.

Once you buy both, the non-online client will function with Hero Lab. I am not certain how the change will affect the two programs. And I shall have to ask my friend on how the updating works, I suspect they just email a link, to use it, you still need a valid key for Hero lab + DDI. (Even if you don't pay anymore, though, again, this may change with the new Character Builder)
    Working on a revised version of the Lists of Stuff, feel free to hit me up with ideas on formating, additions, and stuff that needs fixing.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 4e] Hero Lab Questions

So it's an add-on to the existing builder? Not a replacement?
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.