Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in the playground.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Help with my character? [3.5]

    I was thinking of a character for a campaign- A half orc granted higher intelligence by the gods.

    I was thinking a spellcasting class, perhaps Bard, cleric, or wizard, or even favored soul.

    Now, the only issue is, I wanted to find a good prestige class, Sybil immediately came to mind, but I found it makes you lose your intelligence.

    So, playground, I beseech the: What kinds of ideas can you come up with for my character? Including a good prestige class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post
    I was thinking of a character for a campaign- A half orc granted higher intelligence by the gods.

    I was thinking a spellcasting class, perhaps Bard, cleric, or wizard, or even favored soul.
    Well i'd start with a class that actually uses int, if thats what he was granted.

    Wizard is obvious. Factotum is a lot of fun for an int based non-caster. May be like an artificer or somthing like that.

    Warblade uses int too me thinks and they seem a bit more orc'ey to me.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in the playground.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Swindle89 View Post
    Well i'd start with a class that actually uses int, if thats what he was granted.

    Wizard is obvious. Factotum is a lot of fun for an int based non-caster. May be like an artificer or somthing like that.

    Warblade uses int too me thinks and they seem a bit more orc'ey to me.
    Ohh, Warblade sounds pretty fun.

    The only problem is that I remembered the Sybil fluff being "intelligence granted by the gods", but it turns out to just be a riddler that can't use int-based spellcasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post
    Ohh, Warblade sounds pretty fun.

    The only problem is that I remembered the Sybil fluff being "intelligence granted by the gods", but it turns out to just be a riddler that can't use int-based spellcasting.
    Then don't play one? I really don't think theres much divine stuff that does Int. talking PrC/Template wise. Divine is generally more associated with Wis than Int.

    I assumed you were just making an or with high Int then saying it was a gift from the gods.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in the playground.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Swindle89 View Post
    Then don't play one? I really don't think theres much divine stuff that does Int. talking PrC/Template wise. Divine is generally more associated with Wis than Int.

    I assumed you were just making an or with high Int then saying it was a gift from the gods.
    Indeed, and anything that had a semi-divine theme would help, but I think Warblade will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    I think i recall a rather intelegent orc sub species that was like part shadow or somthing like that. I think they were in Races of Destiny or maybe the Planar Handbook (not to be confused with Manual of the Planes)

    They might be worth looking into any way. If Warblades aren't common in your setting you can refluff them to be divine.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Help with my character? [3.5]

    Archivist from Heroes of Horror is an Int based divine caster. They have some nifty class features based around making Knowledge checks on whatever you're fighting, and automatically learn spells from the Cleric list but can learn any other divine spells from scrolls. There are quite a few tasty Druid, Ranger, Paladin, Assassin, etc spells especially if you'd like to go the gish route.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

    Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •