New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Permanent Swarm Subtype

Are there any way to give the swarm template to an undead creature?

There is the Swarm-Shifter template, but it doesn't seem like there is a way to get that other than being the DM

Is the Brood Keeper's Heart Chakra permanent(I don't know that much about incarnum)?

But even then, are there any other way?

I'm open to pretty much anything.
    Last edited by BenTheJester; 2010-11-10 at 10:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Permanent Swarm Subtype

I don't remember exactly, but once you shape (and bind) a soulmeld it is shaped infinetly unless you unshape it or it is dispelled so Brood keeper heart might work though it is a high level trick (ECL 14-ish at earliest IIRC) and owuld need the undead meldshaper feat,

the other option is trying to gain the swarm subtype using one of the rituals in the Savage species... (note I am not sure if said ritual exist, but I think it does)
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2010-11-09 at 08:13 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Um, I think you're going to be pleased to know that I found exactly what you're looking for. Check out the swarm shifter template from the libris mortis. It gives a ton of swarms it can change into, including (but not limited to) sand or just a good old fashioned whirlwind of body parts.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoblack View Post
    Um, I think you're going to be pleased to know that I found exactly what you're looking for. Check out the swarm shifter template from the libris mortis. It gives a ton of swarms it can change into, including (but not limited to) sand or just a good old fashioned whirlwind of body parts.
    That's the one he mentioned in the OP, he just didn't know the name. There's no way to get it short of DM intervention, much like Living Fossil or Evolved.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

5. - Top - End - #5

There is another other way off the top of my head. It involves an obscure feat and PrC. I don't think its what you are after though.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Most extraplanar vermin become magical beasts. This may make them a valid target for something like True Mind Switch (Telepath 9).

Otherwise, PaO into a templated creature. That requires 8th level arcane spells.

Savage species has the ritual of transformation. It allows creatures to become another species...perhaps even a templated creature.

The wizards site has vague rules for adding templates post character creation. Savage Progressions gives the basics for turning templates into class levels.

hope this helps.