New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Hidden descriptions in spell compendium

Hello,

Anybody else ever find some hidden spell description extras in the Spell Compendium PDF version?

I know I've seen two others, but here's the third one I came across today.

The Sink spell on pg 190. Normally it reads "When this spell is cast, it causes the targets, which must be currently in water or another liquid, to sink. Each
    subject descends 100 feet down into the liquid (or to the bottom, if the liquid is not deep enough). Affected creatures can then swim up normally. Once on the bottom, a creature must still make a Swim check to move, or else it can move along the bottom at one-quarter its land speed."

But if you copy the spell and past it in note pad the sentence...

"When this spell is cast, it causes the targets, which must be currently in water or another liquid, to sink. Each subject descends 100 feet down into the liquid (or to the bottom, if the liquid is
    The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer
    Illus. by B. Hagan
    CHAPTER 1
    SPELL
    DESCRIPTIONS
    not deep enough). Affected creatures can then swim up normally. Once on
    the bottom, a creature must still make a Swim check to move, or else it can move along the bottom at one-quarter its land speed.

See the extra "The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer".

Just wondered if anyone else ever caught it.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Hidden descriptions in spell compendium

The text "The sink spell defeats even the best swimmer" is from the illustration on page 190. It is likely that when you copied the text, you selected the picture and its caption as well.

That's my guess at least, since I don't own the PDF version.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Hidden descriptions in spell compendium

Ahh... Just reselected and looked and for some reason the selection does jump up there... thats weird.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.