New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Best way to make the tarrasque your minion?

Would dominate monster work? Turning it undead maybe? Is there anyway to do this? I know its "supposed" to be unkillable. But I didn't notice anything that would eventally make it fail a will save.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Best way to make the tarrasque your minion?

Quote Originally Posted by randomhero00 View Post
    Would dominate monster work? Turning it undead maybe? Is there anyway to do this? I know its "supposed" to be unkillable. But I didn't notice anything that would eventally make it fail a will save.
    Dominate Monster works fine. You could also Magic Jar it. As a bonus, that works even on the PF version that's immune to Mind-Affecting (though otherwise really lame). There's always Simulacrum too. In short, there are ways.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh man, *evil laugh*

Has anyone ever done this? Did their Dm throw books?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Haven't done it in an actual game; for minions, I prefer more useful things (Angels, Fiends, Ethergaunts, that sorts of things - mostly stuff that excels at spellcasting and does things I don't want to waste XP on for free). It is a great body far as being hard-to-kill goes though. True Mind Switch is the easiest way to go for that, though there are tricks with Magic Jar too to make it permanent.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.