New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default the Divine Trickster-cool class, no resources

so i really like this prc, but there is a major lack of writing about it. im wondering what people think about entering it as a ninja/cleric, maybe throw a buiild up here or something.

im thinking cleric 3/ninja 3/divine trickster 10/???? 4.

to those who have offered me advice in the past, thank you, and remember that i can only use up 4 classes, and thats if they make sense character concept-wise. also, only 2 prcs are allowed.

so, what do you think? whats a good prc to round out the build, that also continues divine casting?

here is the link for the class
    http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5...bLfAHduZG.html

it be cool to use this thread as a resource, to gather info for a handbook

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: the Divine Trickster-cool class, no resources

I like X 1 (Precision Damage source)/(Cloistered) Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3/Divine Trickster ->

Gets you solid precision, almost full casting and is overall awesome. Either normal, or Cloistered Cleric works. I'd finish off with two more Cleric-levels though two more Shadowbane Stalker levels would work too (but Cleric gets more skills and casting vs. nothing much from Shadowbane).

So Ninja 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Shadowbane Stalker 3/Divine Trickster 10/Cloistered Cleric +2. Able Learner would be nice.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Is there a specific reason for Ninja besides fluff? Because you can fluff a rogue as a ninja with few problems, and not worry about their awful Sudden Strike...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

If the number of classes allowed is a limitation, the Sacred Outlaw feat from Dragon 357 may help. Requires turn/rebuke undead and 2d6 Sneak Attack, and stacks your Cleric and Rogue levels for purposes of turning and SA. Something like Rogue 1/Cleric 19 would be viable enough, if you can find something to boost your SA by 1d6.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Is there a specific reason for Ninja besides fluff?
    Wis to AC, I guess.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

wis to ac, but also, i really like ghost step, it is flavorful. otherwise yes, i agree the rogue is the better option perhaps.

sacred outlaw feat is pretty sweet, ill list that when i try to make the guide later (after i play one a bit)

the dm has house ruled that non-la aasimar get +2 wis, -2 con, so if i chose that, then i could have 20 wis off the bat

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanPrincess View Post
    wis to ac, but also, i really like ghost step, it is flavorful. otherwise yes, i agree the rogue is the better option perhaps.

sacred outlaw feat is pretty sweet, ill list that when i try to make the guide later (after i play one a bit)

the dm has house ruled that non-la aasimar get +2 wis, -2 con, so if i chose that, then i could have 20 wis off the bat
    If you have Trickery-domain, you'll be able to cast Invisibility.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    If you have Trickery-domain, you'll be able to cast Invisibility.
    true.....lol

fair enough, ill be the rogue for sure