New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Slums

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Default Slums

These are the mean streets of town, nestled near the docks. The ill-kept homes are home to the most destitute of the city, including all manner of humanoids. The area is crime-ridden and plagued by gang violence. Poverty rate is high, and employment low. These are the bare avenues of the slums.

-----------------------

In a destitute building between their territories, the Goblin Statehood Army and the Sons of Maglubiet sign a peace treaty. Unfortunately, not all of the representatives of thew SoM are thgere, especially the most extreme among them. The treaty represents a good step, but the struggle for control of the goblin community is not yet won.

Narfang pays some informers for evidence.

Koboldsarbeiter avatar by Mindfreak

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Slums

Kyrian walks around, finally settling on an alleyway with little to no traffic. He kisses Arha deeply, before waiting in the shadows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Arha stands casually on the street, watching the people/creatures that pass by.

A group of three street toughs approach her. She walks boldly up to the biggest one, putting a hand on his chest. She leans close and whispers in his ear as she winks at the other two.

Arha heads for the alleyway and a little privacy.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #4

From the shadows, Kyrian grins, and waits for the right moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

The psicrystal lowers itself to the street as it enters the slums. Spotting Arha, it slowly moves closer, keeping her in sight.
    Apparently I'm now called "Rocky the Rock".

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The three smile at one another and follow her, watching her hips sway. Once they are in the alleyway, Arha grabs the biggest and pushes him lightly against the wall.

She leans in and kisses him (as she kisses him she steals his strenth) and she leans against him to hold him up as she waits for Kyrian.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

7. - Top - End - #7

Suddenly, one of the other two looks down, to find a gaping hole in his gut. He tries to cry out, but falls over without a sound. The other starts to try and scream, but his voice is muffled, and a red line appears on his neck, before he too falls to the ground dead.

As the leader begins to look scared, his neck is twisted in a direction that isn't humanly possible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Arha looks down with a satisfied smile, "Now vanish them and then us."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #9

The three bodies vanish, and a few seconds later, so does Arha.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Iames runs into the slums to where his psicrystal saw the murders. Kyrian! You're under arrest!

11. - Top - End - #11

((1. Kyrian was invisible, you have no proof that it was actually him. 2. They are gone))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Verdandi flies overhead and notes Iames but no one else. She lands quickly. Where did they go?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

((1. Iames saw Kyrian and Arha enter the slums. His psicrystal saw Arha invite three men into an alley, where all three died in a manner consistent with a gun and a bladed weapon (and I might point out that it would have heard the gunshot as well). 2. Arha and the three bodies are gone. You never said that Kyrian left.))

Aerin comes in after Iames her sowrd drawn and blazing with silver fire. She mutters in Celestial and looks around, having enhanced herself with the ability to see invisible foes.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gaheris walked out of the warehouses lining the ends of the docks into an obvious slum neighborhood. 'Like the Shore,' he thought to himself as he looked around at the shanties that were all too similar to the ones he'd grown up in and around. Feeling the reassuring weight of throwing knives up his sleeves, he pulled his cloak around himself and continued his exploration.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I think he is gone. Verdandi says, looking around.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Clearly, they got away. Teleportation, no doubt. But I'm acting Captain right now, so I want you to be the first to hear me say this: Kyrian and Arha are fugitives from the law, and are to be considered armed and dangerous. They are to be apprehended on sight. Normal rules about the use of lethal force apply, which basically means don't try to kill them unless they're trying to kill you. He looks at Aerin. I'm sorry, hon. I'm going to have to file this at the station. I guess our walk just got cancelled.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Verdandi gives a sympathetic smile to Aerin and then turns to Iames. Should I come report with you or cotinue my patrol?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

It's alright, Iames. Your duty is your duty. She looks around some more, then at Iames. I'd like to join the force.

19. - Top - End - #19

Gaheris turned a corner to see the police barging into an alleyway, over a slight trail of blood on the ground.

He knew what that meant. He also knew that if the Watch was already here, rushing in with sword drawn could get him on the suspect list. He quickened his pace and closed with them, throwing back his hood as he did so. "What's happening," he called out.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

To Vera: Continue your patrol, that will be fine.

To Aerin: You'll come to the station with me so we can get the paperwork done. I got a bit of a reprimand when I swore Vera in about that.

He notices Gaheris. There's been a murder, and the perpetrators have escaped. One of them I believe to be a deity.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Verdandi nods and flies off.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi
    Triple murder, citizen. Did you witness anything? Verdandi looks at him with a stern set about her features.
    "No, I just got here," he said in a grim tone. "I've seen plenty of murders before, though. Never directly by a deity, I must say; I didn't have the misfortune of being subjected to Cyric during the Godswar."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Iames looks at Gaheris. If you see anything else suspicious around here, report it to the station. You can do that, right?

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari
    Iames looks at Gaheris. If you see anything else suspicious around here, report it to the station. You can do that, right?
    "Easily," he responded. "I'm not fool enough to try and tackle a god unless I have to."

He paused. "Who are the suspects, out of curiosity? I'll want to know who to report."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Thank you. The blonde with the large sword is named Kyrian. The skank in the dress is named Arha. Iames turns and embraces Aerin, then teleports them to the station.

26. - Top - End - #26

So, it was Kyrian. And now he had a name for the redhead. And -- he glanced down the alley, empty but for blood -- they were harvesting bodies. He'd been right, then.

If Kyrian was supposed to be a god, it would explain a good deal about the strange powers he'd exhibited while Gaheris had been passively observing the town over the past several days, but it was beyond him why one of the divine would bother directly engaging in villainy here, in the mortal realms.

That was beyond his concern at the moment, though. He concentrated on his link with Percival, instructing the gryphon to keep his eagle eyes open for people matching Kyrian's and Arha's descriptions as he soared through the evening sky over the Town.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

The psicrystal, irked at having been forgotten, levitates itself and zooms off.
    Apparently I'm now called "Rocky the Rock".

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Greeny Wolf, bored of having spent the day feeling sorry for himself in the librarian's home, leaves the house in the slums and begins to head towards the town. As he passes the murder scene, the smell of blood becomes overpowering and he whines quietly, hurrying past.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald View Post
    ...Paladins aren't heralded and celebrated because they follow the rules really well.
    They're heralded and celebrated because they SAVE THE SODDING WORLD FROM DARKNESS. A lot.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

yordan the cabbage grower finally finds a place cheap enough to call home, unloads his cabbages, and finds a nice box to claim as his own
    Nerd-o-rama Wrote on 10/16/06 at 01:06:57:
    Even creatures listed as "Always Alignment" have one-in-a-million exceptions: the Chaotic Good White Dragon Ranger yearning to throw off the reputation of its Evil kin, anybody?

Dice for the Dice God! D20s for the D20 Throne!

30. - Top - End - #30

A unremarkable man steps out of a gray, dirty, and stark building. He gives off a sense of pure desolation and hopelessness. He pulls out a match and lights up a cigar. He takes a long breath in of the tobacco and lets it blow out slowly, letting the feeling of complete despair wash over him.

20,000. Damn. That's a lot of %^&*ing zeroes, and all because of that stupid bugbear.

*Click*

It's not entirely the fighter's fault. It must have taken some force of your own will to take such a stupid course of action, do you really think he wouldn't find out it was fixed? Where is the money?

I can't pay him back, I've got kids, a wife, a family to feed, and I can bring it to you later I swear!-

That's not good enough. He needs all of it, now.

I can't, I just can't man don't you understand that this was a fluke let me pay you back in some other-

He didn't pay me for my diplomacy skills idiot, I have a low Charisma score, rather, he did not pay me for my eloquence either, but for one singular reason. You. Two bullets. One in your sternum, one in your gut.

The man in the shadows pulls out a silenced pistol and quick as lightning fires a bullet into the other man's sternum and another square in his gut.

The man in the shadows disappears.
    Groom to the Haberdasher's Daughter.

Freddy Krueger by Ink, Flabbicus by Lord Herman, Rilik by Ceika.