New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Forced Movement

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Forced Movement

First, I'm looking for any feats, spells, maneuvers, melds, binds, powers, class abilities, monster abilities, or items that allow one to effect movement on multiple enemies at once à la explosive spell or Melf's Unicorn Arrow, preferably on 3rd or 4th spell level or equivalent. To summarize, I'm trying to find something that forces movement via a failed save or a bull rush (another mechanic would be fine) that would be usable multiple times a day around level 8-10 and affects multiple enemies at once. Homebrew is okay, I guess, but not terribly helpful. If anyone can help me on this I'd be rather thankful.

The only thing quite like I was looking for was Forcewave from the Spell Compendium, but the range was a bit short for my purposes. So, secondly, I'm wondering how exactly Sculpt Spell (CAr) would interact with Forcewave. Can they be used together? Could one turn Forcewave into a Cone or a Ball like this? The primary concern I'm having is the "initiates a bull rush against all enemies within 10 feet" bit.

Lastly, on another note (and as a clarification of the sort effect thing I'm looking for), if anyone can tell me if this is a reasonable for a third level spell I'd also appreciate it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Evocation [Force]
    Level: Sorcerer/wizard 3
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
    Range: 30 Feet
    Effect: Cone-shaped Burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex Negates; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You release a blast of force that deals 1d6 damage per 3 caster levels (Maximum 5d6). In addition, characters medium or smaller are pushed straight back 1d4*10 feet, and are then knocked prone if they fail a second reflex save.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Forced Movement

"Baleful Transposition" switches places, as a 2nd level Sor/Wiz spell. Getting that off on multiple targets shouldn't be hard, by any number of means. Might not do what you want though.

If all else fails, a "Suggestion" or "Command" works pretty well to get someone to move somewhere.
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2010-11-19 at 07:41 PM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe there's a psionic power that does this, though for the life of me I can't remember what it is ... Also, it may not target multiple enemies. Edit: it's an Energy something ....
    Last edited by mootoall; 2010-11-19 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

The feat Shock Wave from Draconomicon bull rushes everyone in the area (which can get quite big), but it only knocks them down and there is the problem of having to be a very large dragon to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    I believe there's a psionic power that does this, though for the life of me I can't remember what it is ... Also, it may not target multiple enemies. Edit: it's an Energy something ....
    Energy push.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    "Baleful Transposition" switches places, as a 2nd level Sor/Wiz spell. Getting that off on multiple targets shouldn't be hard, by any number of means. Might not do what you want though.

If all else fails, a "Suggestion" or "Command" works pretty well to get someone to move somewhere.
    This makes me wonder, what does a chained Baleful Transposition do?