New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Default GUFIPOLICE Cell Block Extension

This warehouse has been converted into extra cell blocks for the police station.

From the outside the building appears mostly unchanged, there are barred windows set into the walls at regular intervals, too high for a normal person standing on the ground to see through, poking a finger at them will find a small forcewall cover the space to prevent escape

A sign on the door reads "GUFIPOLICE Cell Block Extension. Access through Police Station"

2. - Top - End - #2

Devil

Default Re: GUFIPOLICE Temporary Shelter (setting up)

The red thing lands by the door and waits for Marrik to land. Snow piles up on it

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik lands next to Red Thing and looks up at the building*

Hmm, it's big enough certainly. Shall we have a look inside?
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

4. - Top - End - #4

Devil

((Ignore the construction sounds, there's nothing happening yet, that's just flavour for the nosy))

The red thing pushes the door open and walks through
    "Might as well" it says from the darkness "You see in the dark?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Well enough

*Marrik follows Red in and looks around*

[echo-y] Coo...big space. Just what we need[/echo-y]
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

6. - Top - End - #6

Devil

The warehouse has not been used for some time. There is dust on the dust and cobwebs on the cobwebs.

Empty, rusting, shelving racks stretch overheard like skeletal outlines of success.

There are little spears of light poking thorugh a few holes in the roof, but no real illumination.

The floor is clear of goods, but a drift of leaves and snow has managed to get inside over time. The scratching of small rodents can be heard in the corners.

In the far left corner from the doors there is a series of raised platforms with a small officelike construction on them.

"Bit of cleaning, lose the racking, we can keep the office for police use"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Just what I was thinking. We're going to need some help with this I think. I can handle most of the repairs, they're something of a specialty of mine. A couple of mages with Prestidigitation should take care of the dust and cobwebs, but this racking and general clutter is going to need some manual labour I should think.

*Marrik starts wandering round the building, looking over things and assessing the amount of effort it's going to need to clear up*

8. - Top - End - #8

Devil

"Right, I tell you what. I'll grab a couple of the faeries and a load of scrolls. We'll summon up some 'things' to help out. You take charge of the team here and I'll see if I can wake any of the shopkeepers up"

It kicks at a pile of leaves "Although I do admit, it looks like I'm leaving you the dirty jobs here. I'll come back and help as soon as everything else is set up"

It shows Marrik some teeth and leaves, shouting "Back soon" through the door

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik nods to Red Thing as he leaves and turns back to the large expanse that is the interior of the warehouse. He looks up at the holes in the roof*

Well, might as well make a start

*He then flies up to the ceiling and starts waving his claws and muttering. He makes several passes over the entire ceiling and as he passes holes and cracks, they disappear in a crackle of magical energy. About half an hour after he started, the ceiling is completely repaired of all damage and he has started on the walls, working from the top down*

10. - Top - End - #10

Devil

Godric and Krysta arrive at the building

"Detective" Godric says "Red Creature told us to come and help you"

"It also said it won't be far behind us" Krysta adds "I guess you want us to help here"

((Direct as you see fit, I'll post red thing's arrival after you talk to the faeries to avoid the evil double post))

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik glides down to ground level by the fairies*

Ah, good. I was thinking that the two of you could tackle the office area. Tidy up a bit in there, see what we have in the way of furniture and that. Make what you can of it because it's going to have to be used

Are you implying that we're too small to do anything in here?

*Godric gestures to the main hall. Marrik sighs*

Have you looked at who you're talking to? Just get on with it

*Godric heads off towards the office muttering, followed by a fairly indiferent Kryta*

12. - Top - End - #12

Devil

((Nice))

The red thing comes in, trailing snow

"I've got a load of stuff here Marrik" it says, putting the box down "Summons, light spells, heat spells, food and water creation. A few repair spells, although you look to have that well covered and some communication spells. The items are things I thought might be useful, detections and stuff"

It puts the staff across the box "The staff is for defense if anything should attack, although I can't see why it would"

"I'll go out and see if I can get some partitions and things, furniture, beds etc"

The red thing leaves

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik rifles through the box briefly and pulls out some stuff*

Ah, lets get some light in here shall we

*He fiddles with some of the things he grabbed and suddenly, the whole room is lit by a gentle glow*

That's better. Lets see if we can't get some help too

*He reads a scroll and in a cloud of smoke several orcs appear, looking a bit confused. Marrik speaks to them*

Ah, glad you could make it. If you would be so kind as to clear away all this junk in here, that would be grand.

*The orcs grunt and start picking up old crates, ripping out shelves and taking it outside, dumping it in a large pile. Marrik says to himself*

Hmm, I think I'm going to take a break before going on. See what Red turns up in the furniture department

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Supagoof enters the warehouse. He unwraps his cloak and looks around at the orcs working, moving shelves and cleaning up debris.

Wow, we have a bit of work to do.

Godric and Krista fly over to him. Hello captain, just to let you know when we agreed to come help at the station, it never mentioned this. Godric says, holding a broom and Krista holding a dustpan.

Supagoof chuckles You are fairies, aren't you? Why don't you use some magic?

Oh, yeah, well that would make more sense then. Godric says, a little embarrased he hadn't thought of that soon. He puts some dust on the broom and dustpan, and they immediatly go to work by them selves, with Godric following them around instructing them.

Krista on the same note, gets a mop and bucket to do the same - following Godric's broom and dustpan around.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik looks up at the Chief entering as he pulls a cigar out of his belt and lights up*

Oh hey Chief. What do you think?

*He grins and gestures to the room*

16. - Top - End - #16

The chief heads over to Marrik.

I think it's great, a reall community service effort. You and Detective Red Thing come up with the idea? he asks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

17. - Top - End - #17

Devil

The red thing drops down and walks in.

It looks at the leigons of cleaners

"Knew those summons would be useful" it says, then flys up to the office area

"How's it going guys?"

"Fine" Godric says, brandishing a want and making a pile of rubbish float out of the room

"I think a simple count of how many people come in, and their names should do" it says "I've left an order as HARD WARE to come and look at the place, see what's needed. They'll bring a note signed by me as authorisation"

"How long will this last?" Krysta asks

"As long as the bad weather" the red thing says "Now, I'm going to help downstairs for a while"

"Chief!" it says, coming down the stairs "Didn't hear you come in"

18. - Top - End - #18

Supagoof looks and sees Red Thing.

Hello Detective. I was just asking Marrik who came up with this brilliant idea. he says, motioning to the warehouse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Yeah, just sort brainstormed it down at Trogs

20. - Top - End - #20

Devil

"Yeah, fifty fifty really. Although the inspiration goes to that battered place on the outskirts" ((I wish I knew IC that it was Moon Called's house, so much eaiser to describe))

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Speaking of which, did you check that place out at all?

22. - Top - End - #22

Devil

"I'm going to do it now, as my shift is almost up. I'll check back here later tonight and see how it's going. I hope the furniture people turn up, otherwise we'll have to use Create spells for food, water and furniture"

((It's Friday, yay, so I will be able to log back in later. Bye guys))

The red thing flys off

Godric watches it go"Who's going to have to stay here and babysit? Me of course. I wish Ravina were here instead of Krysta"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Ghost Warlock floats by and hears the commotion. Curious, he peeks inside by stepping through the wall, not even seeing the police tape. Seeing all the busy workers helping construct the shelter, he gasps.
    [shadow=silver,left,1000]Oh my.[/shadow]Then he spots the officers.
    [shadow=silver,left,1000]Excuse me, gentlemen, but do you need any assistance?[/shadow]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Well, I'd better get back to work I suppose.

*Marrik takes a look in the box of bits and pulls out a wand*

Might as well use this. Saves exhausting myself and the skill is in the use, not the magic

*Marrik goes back to repairing the walls using the wand. Before long, the whole building is patched up and all that needs doing is a good clean and fitting out.*

-------------------------------------------------------------
    *Marrik notices the incorporeal figure and flies down to him*

How did you get in here? Didn't you see the tape?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

[shadow=silver,left,1000]Tape? Oh, no, sorry. I haven't been around to the front.[/shadow]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik squints suspiciously at Ghost but then brightens up a bit*

Well, seeing as you're here and willing to help, you can....wait, you're not going to have a problem, what with being....somewhat insubstantial are you? You can haul stuff can't you?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

[shadow=silver,left,1000]I can use my telekinesis to manipulate objects, yes. How can I be of service?[/shadow]
    ((Max. cap. is 575 lbs. Gotta go soon, put me to work quick! ;D ))

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Good, you can get to work helping these guys get the crud out of here

*Marrik indicates the Orcs and the general clutter that adorns the floor space*

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

[shadow=silver,left,1000]Glad to be of service![/shadow]He sets about helping the orcs.

((OOC: NPC status for Ghost Warlock for helping set up the shelter. Use him as needed! ;) ))

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

*Marrik watches Ghost get started before surveying the room. He lights up and smokes and thinks for a while. When he's finished the cigar, most of the interior is clear. He helps the others to clear out the lasts of it. Just as the last bit of shelving is removed, the duration on the summoning spell ends and the orcs fizzle out of existance. Marrik stands and looks at the pile of junk for a few seconds before muttering and gesturing towards it. The pile glows green and turns into so much ash before blowing away on the wind. He turns to go back inside*

Well, we'd better start cleaning I suppose

*He says to Ghost. He then mutters a few words and gets to sweeping up the dust and crud on the floor with no more than hand gestures, whilst Ghost starts pulling cobwebs down form the ceiling with the power of his mind*