Alot

Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 8d10+40 (84 HP)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Swim 40
    Armor Class: 19 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +8 Natural), 11 touch, 17 flat-footed
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+22
    Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10)
    Full Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10) and 2 Claws (1d8+5)
    Space/Reach: 10 Ft./5 Ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +3
    Abilities Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Spot +12, Swim +18
    Feats: Endurance, Run, Track
    Environment: Temperate Forests
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Lot (50-100)
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 9-12 HD (Large)

This creature is a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you. It's body is covered in brown, shaggy fur. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set eyes and a pair of short tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

The Alot is a magical hybrid of bear, dog, and bison. It is an extremely powerful omnivore that seems to have inherited the majority of it's mentality from its dog portion. Despite it's nearly 2000-pound bulk, the Alot is quite friendly, and takes well to humans, even when raised in the wild. Alots are extremely intelligent and affectionate, and can understand common, though they can only vocalize in a combination of barks, meows, growls, purrs, and whines.

Combat
    Alots are slow to anger, relying on their size and thick hide to discourage predators. When that doesn't work, however, alots make ferocious enemies with their deadly bite and powerful, gripping jaws.

Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the alot establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.

Gets Around Alot:
    Alots are extremely susceptible to magical changes. An alot is eligible for templates as though it were an abberation, animal, dragon, fey, humanoid, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.

Training an Alot:
    Although intelligent, an alot requires training before it can bear a rider in combat. To be trained, an alot must have a friendly attitude toward the trainer (this can be achieved through a successful Diplomacy check). Training a friendly alot requires six weeks of work and a DC 25 Handle Animal check. Riding an alot requires an exotic saddle. An alot can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.

Alot cubs are worth 2500 gp on the open market. Professional trainers charge 1,000 gp to rear or train an alot, which serves a kind master faithfully for life.

Carrying Capacity:

A light load for an alot is up to 1500 pounds; a medium load, 1501-3000 pounds; and a heavy load, 3001-4500 pounds.

Alot of Straw
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Plant
    Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (84 HP)
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+20
    Attack: Bite +14 (2d8+7)
    Full Attack: Bite +14 (2d8+7) and 2 Claws (1d8+3)
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Merciful
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, DR 10/slashing, Freeze, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Tremorsense 90, Vulnerability to Fire
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 14, Con 18, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Environment: Any
    Challenge Rating: 6

This remarkably well-pruned bus is trimmed neatly into the shape a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you with lafy eyes. It's body is covered in shaggy, impeccably feathered leaves. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set eyes and a pair of short woody tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

The Alot is a magical hybrid of bear, dog, and bison. It is an extremely powerful omnivore that seems to have inherited the majority of it's mentality from its dog portion. Despite it's nearly 2000-pound bulk, the Alot is quite friendly, and takes well to humans, even when raised in the wild. Alots are extremely intelligent and affectionate, and can understand common, though they can only vocalize in a combination of barks, meows, growls, purrs, and whines.

Combat
    Alots are slow to anger, relying on their size and thick hide to discourage predators. When that doesn't work, however, alots make ferocious enemies with their deadly bite and powerful, gripping jaws.

Merciful (Ex):
    A topiary guardian can deal nonlethal damage with any of its attacks without taking the standard –4 penalty on attack rolls. The creature chooses whether to deal lethal or nonlethal damage depending on the orders it is given by its creator. Orders to capture or subdue enemies cause the topiary guardian to use nonlethal attacks; any other attack order causes the creature to deal lethal damage.

Freeze (Ex): A topiary guardian can hold itself so still that it appears to be a normal sculpted shrub. An observer must succeed on a DC 30 Spot check to notice that a topiary guardian is actually an animated creature.

Tremorsense (Ex): A topiary guardian has tremorsense out to 90 feet.

Vulnerability to Fire:
    Topiary guardians are vulnerable
    to fire, taking an extra 50% damage from fire.

Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the alot establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.

Gets Around Alot:
    Alots are extremely susceptible to magical changes. An alot is eligible for templates as though it were an abberation, animal, dragon, fey, humanoid, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.

Alot of Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Large Elemental (fire)
    Hit Dice: 8d10+40 (84 HP)
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares) Swim 40
    Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10 plus 1d6 fire)
    Full Attack: Bite +18 (2d8+10 plus 1d6 fire) and 2 Claws (1d8+5 plus 1d6 fire)
    Special Attacks: Burn, Heat, Improved Grab,
    Special Qualities: Cold Vulnerability, Darkvision 60, DR 5/Magic, Elemental Traits, Gets Around Alot, Immunity to Fire, Low-Light Vision, Scent
    Abilities Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Spot +12, Swim +18
    Feats: Endurance, Run, Track
    Challenge Rating: 5

This creature is a squat quadruped that stands about 5 feet at the shoulder as it looks at you. It's body is apparently compose entirely of roaring flames. It's broad, upturned mouth and wide shoulders give it an almost comically flat face, with wide-set glowing eyes and a pair of short, blackened tusks. It's forelegs end in bearlike paws, while it's rear legs are more canine.

Combat

Burn (Ex): Those hit by an alot of fire's natural weapons must make a reflex save (DC 15) or catch fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. Creatures hitting an alot of fire with natural weapons take 1d6 fire damage and must make a reflex save or catch on fire, as though they would if they were hit with the alot's natural attacks.

Heat (Ex): An alot of fire deals an additional 1d6 fire damage whenever he strikes an opponent with a natural weapon.

Gets Around Alot:

Alot Better:
    Spoiler
    Show

Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 8d10+192 (272)
    Initiative: +9
    Speed: 120 ft. (24 squares) Swim 120
    Armor Class: 50 (-1 size, +9 Dex, +8 Natural, +12 insight, +12 luck), 35 touch, 41 flat-footed
    Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30)
    Full Attack: Bite +43 (2d8+30) and 2 Claws +38 (1d8+25)
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Gets Around Alot, Low-Light Vision, Scent, spell-like abilities, Fire and cold resistance 10, DR 10/epic, Spell resistance 45, Fast healing 20, Epic natural weapon
    Saves: Fort +28, Ref +25, Will +20
    Abilities Str 45, Dex 29, Con 35, Int 21, Wis 27, Cha 23
    Skills: Spot +22, Swim +28 (+10 competence on all skills)
    Feats: Endurance, Run, Track, Power Attack
    Challenge Rating: 20

This thing looks Alot better than you ever imagined anything could look. Alot like a bear, but also like a dog or bison, just Alot more beautiful and imposing.

Combat

Gets Around Alot:

Spell-like abilities: The alot better can use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, at caster level 15.

To get Alot of Mist, apply Half-Air Elemental.

To get Alot of beer cans, apply Effigy Template.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-11-27 at 11:45 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Alot [3.5 Monster]

I like this alot.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Wizards are alot better than fighters

*imagines alot eating fighters*

*writes down*

Got my next quest. Thanks alot.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone loves this alot. Cause it's alot of fun.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is the fastest response I've ever gotten to a homebrew.

Thanks alot!
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Added a brief blurb about training and riding Alots.

Turns out, an alot can carry alot.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2010-11-23 at 12:20 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Improved Grapple: To use this ability, an alot must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, the crocodile establishes a hold on the opponent with its mouth, automatically dealing bite damage each round.
    Missed a spot. Didn't take you long to stat it out. Nice.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Golf clap*

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alot of straw just needs to gain fire vulnerability.
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    *Golf clap*
    You know you love it. You love it alot.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

It looks like alot of fun, and I guess you put alot of work into it, but I think it needs some unique ability beyond just alot of hit points.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Your next missions is obviously to apply the Elemental Beast [Fire] template to it so that we have stats for Alot of Fire...

I'm not sure how you might do the other options....
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

13. - Top - End - #13

Obviously, you make an aquatic version, so you have alot of fish. (Cookie for the reference).

14. - Top - End - #14

I have a proposal for a special thingy for the Alot. Something along the lines of, it can have any template applied to it, even if the template specifically says it can't be.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I take it this ability would be called Alot of Templates? Perhaps Compatable with Alot.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

16. - Top - End - #16

You know, if we start using puns, this thing has alot of potential.

I mean:

This makes alot of sense (ex): The alot has a +8 racial bonus on bluff checks.

Actually, as it is, I don't see why it should be a magical beast: it's intelligent, but doesn't really have anything magical besides that.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-11-23 at 06:48 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

I like Compatible With Alot, or perhaps Gets Around Alot.

18. - Top - End - #18

Shouldn't "Get's around alot" be a speed bonus? $

The organization chart also misses Lots and Lots: 10-50
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-11-23 at 06:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    It looks like alot of fun, and I guess you put alot of work into it, but I think it needs some unique ability beyond just alot of hit points.
    There's not alot that would fit though. i though about alot of things, but I thought that alot of abilies wouldn't be alot of fun. It's Improved grapple and the automatic bite damage makes up for alot, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Your next missions is obviously to apply the Elemental Beast [Fire] template to it so that we have stats for Alot of Fire...

I'm not sure how you might do the other options....
    I suggested alot of templates already, but I guess I don't know alot about templates.

Obviously, you make an aquatic version, so you have alot of fish. (Cookie for the reference).
    It's already alot better at swimming than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I have a proposal for a special thingy for the Alot. Something along the lines of, it can have any template applied to it, even if the template specifically says it can't be.
    that sounds like it could be alot of fun, though a lot of those might get wierd. Alot of templates don't work on alot because they're very specific.

You know, if we start using puns, this thing has alot of potential.

I mean:

This makes alot of sense (ex): The alot has a +8 racial bonus on bluff checks.

Actually, as it is, I don't see why it should be a magical beast: it's intelligent, but doesn't really have anything magical besides that.
    Well, I admit there's not alot of magical abilities to be had, but i didn't think it needed alot. Look at the griffon. Or the hippogryph. They don't have alot of special abilities.

Shouldn't "Get's around alot" be a speed bonus? $

The organization chart also misses Lots and Lots: 10-50
    I like the idea of lots of alot. Thanks alot!
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

I tried generating a random template from Crystalkeep's index. It gave me Smoke Elemental Creature: Alot of Hot Air.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

HA.

To be perfectly honest, I had some scribblies lying around with ideas for a creature like this, but no idea what kind of special abilities to give it.

That being said, it could use a bit more oomph.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I like this alot, Mr. Admiral, sir.But I'm still waiting for an update to the Disciple of Mym C'sil. I like that one alot too.
    @M-Bark: I think it already has alot of oomph, but Gets Around Alot would definitely give it alot more oomph.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    @M-Bark: I think it already has alot of oomph, but Gets Around Alot would definitely give it alot more oomph.
    It would.

Though it wouldn't yet be able to cover "Alot of Humans". Unless I update my old Half-Human template and repost it here.

24. - Top - End - #24

Wasn't there a mob template somewhere? That could help with Alot of people.

25. - Top - End - #25

I added gets around alot, but I decided that it wouldn't make sense to be able to apply undead or construct templates to a living creature. So, I just made it so the alot can count as alot of different creature types for the purpose of templates.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Just alot of silly suggestions I've come up with on the spur of the moment (what can I say, I had alot of time on my hands)

Theres Alot you don't know:
    The alot cannot be identified with untrained knowledge checks.

You really like this Alot
    Once per encounter, the alot can attempt to charm person (as the spell).
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    alot of silly suggestions
    Capable of using suggestion and Otto's irresistable dance both 1/day as an SLA?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    alot of time
    Capable of using Haste and Slow at will?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Another templated version

Oh my God there's alot of them. Celestial Alot mob (believe the mob template going around may have been by Oslecamo, but I could be wrong)
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

30. - Top - End - #30

I'm glad everyone likes this alot. It seems like everyone's having alot of fun.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show