New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default And in the Lawful corner.. We have.. :

Hey all,

In an upcoming campaign, I will be playing a Lawful Evil character, who is far more lawful than she is Evil.

Expected build will be :

Crusader / Casting Class / [Phoenix Mage or Ruby Knight Vindicator or Psionic Custom PrC that is similar to the Phoenix Mage]

My character's goal in life is to find and destroy threats to a 'Gate' which leads to the place where Gods live etc.
    The reasons for this are based on the God of the Pantheon that lives there which I follow.

Could you guys suggest lawful spells that are non-core which might be appropriate for me to cast? Their type doesn't matter much, as I will have access to arcane and divine magic through the party Artificer.

I am also stumped as to what I should summon. Demons/Devils are not appropriate to my character, Undead are banned, and Modrons/Inevitables probably don't exist in this campaign setting. Thoughts?

Thank you,
    Vampire2948,

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: And in the Lawful corner.. We have.. :

this really made me realize that lawful alginments lack lots of features others get.
    protection from chaos may add nice flavor
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Protection from Chaos is a big one. Axiomatic storm is flavourful but not so powerful.

Re: summons. Formians are LN, but more or less suck. Talk with your DM about being able to apply an Axiomatic Creature template (I think the Planar Handbook has one, or adapt the fiendish template from the MM - not too hard to come up with something) to anything currently listed as LG or LE from the Summon Monster List.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

There's a Calling line of spells in the SpC to summon Inevitables. Page 42.

Lawful Sword (SpC) is like Holy Sword, except Lawful. Can dip the Prestige Paladin class to get it on a more powerful casting chassis.

Mechanus Mind (SpC) gives you a bonus on Intelligence checks and saves vs. mind-affecting, but a penalty on charisma checks. Sor/Wiz 2.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.