New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default HELP too many feats

So, I'm about to begin playing a game that has some ridiculous rules going on...Gestalt.

Anyway the ruling is that even prestige classes can be gestalt.

So, I'm trying to ramp up a character that is a OA Samurai/Fighter that is prestige classing into Hellreaver/Iajutsu Master. It almost makes me sick.

Problem is that I have no idea what to do with all my bonus feats. And to make it tougher, there aren't any restrictions on what bonus feats I can pick up. Play starts at level 4. The feats I have so far are:

Human-Power Attack
    1st-Battle Jump
    Fighter1-WF Katana
    Sam2- Quickdraw
    Fighter2- Improved bullrush
    3rd- Improved Initiative
    Fighter4- ???
    Samurai4- ???

I plan on going Shock-Trooper and boosting charisma for Iajustu Master and Hellreaver abilites. My plan is to leap from the heavens to lay down smack in a ridiculously quick flash of a blade upon Evil(tm). With possible explosions and heavy metal.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Perducci; 2010-11-28 at 04:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: HELP too many feats

Okay.

Let me get this straight.

You have gestalt, and your first move is to essentially put Fighter + Fighter together.

Fighter Squared. Double-Fighter. FighterxFighter.

F I G H T E R
    I G H T E R F
    G H T E R F I
    H T E R F I G
    T E R F I G H
    E R F I G H T
    R F I G H T E

Okay.

Got that out of my system.

I really recommend that you do not use Fighter2 and instead use the bonus feats rogue if you really want the feats. But honestly, as you're finding out, it's hard to burn up that many feats at a low level even when you're throwing in terrible ones like Improved Bull Rush... Can I recommend you try something else entirely for your partner? Like... even Monk would make a better partner - huge move speed for Iaijitsu draws...

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    I really recommend that you do not use Fighter2 and instead use the bonus feats rogue if you really want the feats. But honestly, as you're finding out, it's hard to burn up that many feats at a low level even when you're throwing in terrible ones like Improved Bull Rush... Can I recommend you try something else entirely for your partner? Like... even Monk would make a better partner - huge move speed for Iaijitsu draws...
    Improved Bull Rush is a pre-req for Shock Trooper, and as such, is a *GREAT* feat to grab(OP mentioned his plan to get ST).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Missed that - forgot about Shock Trooper. I'm just still like... really in awe of the featiness.

a steampunk fantasy ♦ the novelthe album

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I thought I had remembered that variant rogue. Point noted and taken there. Just pretend I said that instead of Fighter.

My friend and I like silly games. I'm wondering what all I can do with it. We usually play martially oriented games. I'm sure his character will be just as ridiculous.
    Last edited by Perducci; 2010-11-28 at 04:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

don't forget about the Psychic Warrior, they get lots of bonus feats like a fighter, but can select them from the psinoics list and gain power points + psionic powers.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Erm, I'm slightly confused.

Your thread title suggests that you have more feats than you know what to do with, and yet you are looking for classes that give you more feats ?
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

tome of battle allowed? if so, don't forget martial study/stance are available as fighter bonus feats

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you mind being psychic? Two levels in PsyWar are a good way to pick up even more feats, and Psionic Weapon + Deep Impact is a good way to increase to-hit for single attacks.
    Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest) is potentially good for a Hellreaver, as it lets you regain holy fury points with impunity.

A nice trick is to take the Feat Rogue variant and then take Daring Outlaw, which stacks Rogue and Swashbuckler levels for Sneak Attack Progression. It lets you get sneak attack and fighter feats from the same levels pretty much for free. If 2-3 levels in Swashbuckler would fit your character concept, it could be quite handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.