New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Snowflake Wardance and PF Bard

How best to adapt the Snowflake Wardance from daily bardic music to the pathfinder system of bardic performance based on a number of rounds? My best guess would just be to scrap the pathfinder system and just use the 3.5 but if anyone else has found a good compromise I would be willing to hear it.

BTW- I am the DM for this game but I have been suggesting helpful feats for the players

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Snowflake Wardance and PF Bard

I find the best solution to be replace the Pathfinder system with 3.5's. It's really a needless nerf for the entire party, limiting the Bard like that.
    No levelled malice
    Infects one comma in the course I hold;
    But flies an eagle flight, bold, and forth on,
    Leaving no track behind.

Andrew Eldritch Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Psionic Tricks Handbook (WIP!)

Brainstorming thread for a Basic FAQ (WIP!)

Oh, and you can just call me KA.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

If you want to use the PF system, then I would say each round of Snowflake Wardance counts against the daily amount.

I'm not a big fan of that change either though, and would recommend the same as the others of just using the uses/day like in 3.5

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

my other option would be expending 2 rounds of performance for each wardance sequence

edit - also it looks like i will be suggesting either a dip into Warblade or Martial Study for Iron Heat Surge...
    Last edited by klemdakherzbag; 2010-11-28 at 11:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Just spend a round of performance per turn of Wardance. Very simple; performances take turn per turn (well, duh) and Wardance is equivalent to performances in resource expediture so obviously it takes a turn per turn.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.