Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Improved Monster Classes IV

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Actually, I advised the single exotic weapon choice. If using a quickrazor would be broken, well, even without that they could get it by spending one feat. Giving things you could just as easily get with a feat is almost never broken.
    Oh, it's not broken in and of itself, I'm just presenting the first thing that came to mind for me. I mean, you can just be a gnome factotum and be proficient with it for no feat cost. It's when combined with free, scaling TWF that it gets a bit ... iffy. But, again, this would be a great one level dip for a factotum.

We don't work off of houserules here. If you're going to houserule TWF to be better, then you should houserule this ability to be better.
    Okay then, so then I think it's a very decent fix for TWF!

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's not how Ultroloths look.

That's how Ultroloths look. If Diterlizzi has done it, then it's the official image.
    My Ultroloth WILL NOT look like a daemonic middle finger clothed in (probably) unholy wrappings!
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-11-29 at 06:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Multiple Natural Armor Bonuses

Spoiler
    Show
    A lot of Creatures here could get some crazy high Natural Armor Bonuses Through Templates. In my own system I have written up this solution to that problem, and I propose to add it to the project. If the project doesn't mind the crazy high Natural Armor Bonuses, ignore this proposal

If a creature gains natural armor bonuses from multiple sources treat them as The following chart.

{table=Head]Base Natural Armor|Extra Natural Armor|Results
    1/2 Con Mod|1/2 Con Mod|Full Con Mod as Natural armor Bonus

Anything higher than 1/2 Con Mod|1/2 Con Mod|+1 Nat. AC

Full Con Mod|Full Con Mod|1.5 Con Mod

Anything Higher than Full Con Mod|Full Con Mod|+2 Nat. AC

1.5 Con Mod|Anything higher than Full Con Mod|+3 Nat. AC[/table]
    Creatures that gain Natural Armor from more than one monster class, that specify different Ability Scores as the base for their Natural Armor Class use whichever Ability Score is higher to derive both Natural Armor Classes, and Uses the Chart Above.

A Chumps Twopence:
    Spoiler
    Show

Added in a MANAS caveat.
    Forgive me if I've missed something, but I thought that natural armor didn't stack? So if you get it from more than one source you only get the highest one, just like an armor bonus.
    -----------
    Found it:
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Natural armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to Armor Class (even with armor bonuses) except other natural armor bonuses.
    Last edited by hereyago; 2010-11-29 at 07:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Man, all the fun stuff happens while I'm at school... time to get down to some brass tacks then.

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    Body of Silver
    [class excerpt redacted]

Hokay, so, seems pretty normal, but leaves a bit open for cheese. Just struck me that you could dip this for proficiency in Gnomish Quickrazor and, as I'll point out later, free, scaling TWF. This makes an excellent dip for a factotum, as you get free TWF Gnomish Quickrazor Sneak Attack Iajutsu Focus of DOOOOOOOM. However, nothing really to complain about.
    Well, dipping a single level in the class only grants the base TWF feat, I tied the progression to class levels rather then HD so that one couldn't just grab the whole feat tree with a single level dip.

I think that, as incentive to keep taking the class, it does need stat bonuses.
    I actually agree. They look nice.
    Alrighty, what sort of ability progression would be suitable? +6 Str and +3 Dex is my initial inclination, but I'm definitely not sure how to gauge those so +4/+2 may be more reasonable (Though less even to distribute).

I'll toss something into the class now, and the scale it to what's appropriate after hearing more feedback.

Avenger's Armaments
    [class excerpt redacted]

Ah, this is how TWF should work, a single scaling feat. Unfortunately, a good amount of my games do work like that, and I find that's a fairly common fix. So, essentially, with games like that I'm getting ... a single bonus feat. Boooooring. Maybe give them a fancy weapon that they can choose? One that scales enchantments with HD? Starts Masterwork, becomes Axiomatic, Flaming, Colliding, Wounding, etc, with the player getting to choose and customize with thematic bonuses? Make it unenchantable except via HD advancing, and let it keep the TWF, so in one hand it gets its own special weapon, and in its other it gets a regular one?
    Basically what Gorgon said about houserules, though a fun benefit of the Lawful subtype is that their wielded weapons count as Lawful for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Blade Rend
    [class excerpt redacted]

Blade Rend is fun. I like this.
    Swoot, Blade Rend is one of my favourite parts of the race.

Chosen Implement (Ex):
    [class excerpt redacted]

Ah, this I like, getting rid of the stupid penalties with TWF. But give them a bonus for it anyway. At some level, make TWF as good as using a Two-Hander.
    Well, her offhand weapon does receive her full Str bonus to damage, and since she can wield two one-handed weapons she can Power Attack at 1:1 with both. So, with rend and double up on other bonuses, I think it's already quite comparable.

Arcadian Movement (Ex):
    [class excerpt redacted]

Flight is nice, but should it be the only thing it gains at this level? I mean, it's fine if it is, but maybe it should get another minor goodie.
    Well, I did have some ideas there... why don't I toss one in and see what you folks think.

Elude Chance (Su):
    [class excerpt redacted]

Fun! But it'd be funner if it had an even better chance of hitting, via STR boni, etc.
    Mmm, I'll keep that in mind if my latest adjustments don't work out. It's mainly a way to increase reliability, though, so maybe an option to burn two uses and turn a nat1 into a 10 if the class still seems to be missing something.

Avenger's Wrath (Ex):
    [class excerpt redacted]

That's ... kinda underwhelming for a capstone. I mean, pounce is nice, but I can get it for a one level dip. And how often are you gonna be making crits? No, I think it should be more unique, unless my suggestion about a unique weapon gets the choice of the Keen enchantment.
    Hrm, I'll admit it does seem a lot less fun to me then when I first changed it to the present. Maybe I'll tweak it a bit into something I'm a little more happy with. I've got two ideas, but one's a little complex so I'll go with something similar to what's there currently for now.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
    Forgive me if I've missed something, but I thought that natural armor didn't stack? So if you get it from more than one source you only get the highest one, just like an armor bonus.
    -----------
    Found it:
    True, but when the project began it was pretty clear that the bonuses weren't "Natural Armor Bonuses" but "Bonuses To Natural Armor."
    I suppose "They don't stack" is a simple enough answer, but many templates that have been converted offer Bonuses To Natural Armor before the conversion...

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    I must say, I recently built a were-character, and I came here to look at the classes, and was quite disappointed, enough to use the template instead. I recognize that a universal were-template would be difficult, but maybe one that goes by base animal HD or something? Dunno, just an idea.

Oh, specifically what I was disappointed about the current ones was that I had some difficulty figuring them out. They might be better than I thought, but I just don't get how some of the features work.
    Base animal HD?
    Honsetly that will breed a lot of really boring Therianthropes.
    What couldn't you figure out about the current templates?
    Keep in mind the Therians are currently being overhauled and the ones that are updated are noted below.

Wererat
    Wereviper
    Wereconstrictor

Weretiger
    Werelion
    Wereleopard
    Werecheetah

Werespider Weaver
    Werespider Hunter

Great tentacley one
    Spoiler
    Show

Overhauled Therianthropes
    WereconstrictorBy ChumpLump
    WerecheetahBy ChumpLump
    WereleopardBy ChumpLump
    WerelionBy ChumpLump
    Wererat By ChumpLump
    Werespider HunterBy ChumpLump
    Werespider WeaverBy ChumpLump
    WeretigerBy ChumpLump
    Wereviper By ChumpLump

Old Therianthropes (In Need of Overhaul):
    Werebear By Crafty_Cultist
    Werehydra By Oslecamo, Contributed by flabort
    Werelizard By un_known
    Wererhino by ChumpLump
    Werewolf By Crafty_Cultist
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-11-30 at 06:47 AM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

6. - Top - End - #36

I didn't know the lycanthropes were undergoing an overhaul. if you can point me to the guidelines, I'd be happy to redo the werewolf and the werebear.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I didn't know the lycanthropes were undergoing an overhaul. if you can point me to the guidelines, I'd be happy to redo the werewolf and the werebear.
    Check my miscellaneous lists. They're under "Other Content" as they have been for a while. If you're looking for something, I've probably catalogued it in one of my lists, if I haven't, let me know and I'll get it catalogued.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

8. - Top - End - #38

I've been looking at the new rules for the revised Lycanthropes, and i think Iget the gist of it. I'd make the werewolf's trip and the werebear's grab into a seperate ability(with a slight boost added) and nerf the capstone slightly, since they are more powerful than what has become the norm.

I'm thinking of removing the increased "deaths door" for the werebear and converting the werewolfs alpha wolf ability into a charm monster ability that only works on wolf-like creatures. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-11-30 at 01:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I've been looking at the new rules for the revised Lycanthropes, and i think I get the gist of it. I'd make the werewolf's trip and the werebear's grab into a seperate ability(with a slight boost added) and nerf the capstone slightly, since they are more powerful than what has become the norm.

I'm thinking of removing the increased "deaths door" for the werebear and converting the werewolfs alpha wolf ability into a charm monster ability that only works on wolf-like creatures. Thoughts?
    First: What do you think of the overhaul, the Lycans were your brain-child first.

Second: My Overhaul response to the Werewolf and the Werebear are as follows

Werewolf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could use some general cleaning up of coding and language.
    [b]Special[b] code is broken.
    A spoiled 'Alternate Form' would be nice.
    Could add Intimidate, and Knowledge (Nature) Class Skills.
    Wolf Empathy could mention magical beasts.
    No Speed has been specified for the Action of Assuming Alternate Form.
    Improved Trip shouldn't be part of Alternate form it feels like to me. Special attacks should have their own separate ability name, IMO.
    Needs an Animal Form Specific Ability.
    Otherwise pretty solid.

Werebear
    Spoiler
    Show

Could add Intimidate and Knowledge (Nature) to class skills.
    Bear empathy could mention magical beasts.
    No Speed has been specified for the Action of Assuming Alternate Forms.
    Claw damage in animal form is unclear, is it the same as the bite damage? If so, why is it different in Hybrid form?
    For the Werebear's Bite attack in Large, the size increases from 1d6 to 2d6, as well as the claws going from 1d4 to 1d8, why not start them off at 1d8 and 16 respectively?
    However... that might get crazy by the time it becomes colossal.
    Needs an Animal Form Specific Ability.
    Indomitable might function better as an immediate action, as that damage is rarely taken on the creature's own turn.
    Stupid Question: Does the 1/4 Maximum Hp increase the Werebear's downward limit of Hp? I.E. 48 = still fighting until -12 hp?
    Indomitable may function well as a Hybrid only ability...or at least giving more bonuses in Hybrid form.
    Otherwise pretty solid.

Third: I liked Alpha wolf a lot.
    Maybe keep the Summoning Howl, and Change it to Charm Wolves, I don't know, could be fun.

Deaths Door was interesting, probably a fine power for Bear form.

The Animal Only Powers can be a little more strong because incentive to be in animal form should balance the benefits of being in hybrid form.

Unrelated Note: A Chump's List
    Spoiler
    Show

Feedback would be awesome on the following:
    Multiple Ability score Natural Armor Bonuses
    Wererat
    Wereviper
    Wereconstrictor
    Weretiger
    Werelion
    Wereleopard
    Wherecheetah
    Werespider Weaver
    Werespider Hunter

To be Built (In Order):
    Werehydra Overhaul
    Half-Golem Revamp
    Pluranthrope Base
    Were...spidersawm...?
    The Rest of the Overhaul of Therianthropes.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Tentacley one - will you be using my formatting of the list, or would you prefer me to keep it up-to-date in a similar manner to Magicyop and the unfinished monsters list?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zemro Shivic View Post
    Alrighty, what sort of ability progression would be suitable? +6 Str and +3 Dex is my initial inclination, but I'm definitely not sure how to gauge those so +4/+2 may be more reasonable (Though less even to distribute).
    Definitely the latter. Just do
    1: no bonus
    2: +1 str
    3: +1 dex
    4: +1 str
    5: +1 str
    6: +1 dex, +1 str

Or something along those lines.

Mmm, I'll keep that in mind if my latest adjustments don't work out. It's mainly a way to increase reliability, though, so maybe an option to burn two uses and turn a nat1 into a 10 if the class still seems to be missing something.
    That would be fine.

Avenger's Wrath (Ex):
    [class excerpt redacted]

That's ... kinda underwhelming for a capstone. I mean, pounce is nice, but I can get it for a one level dip. And how often are you gonna be making crits?
    You'll be making crits very often, actually. More attacks means more crits.
    But I do agree- it would be nice to have a bit more.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

12. - Top - End - #42

Animated Object is coming along quite nicely, though I may want to think up more upgrade abilities, we'll see what everyone thinks. There's just one problem: I'm missing a level 6 ability and I'm stumped as to what to put there. Most things that I can think of are specific to what type of object it is, and that goes under a different class feature.

So, I'd like to ask you all for suggestions. It needs to be some ability which any Animated Object could use, no matter what type of object it is. Thoughts?
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo, any update on the Valkyrie?

14. - Top - End - #44

Here is the remake of the werebear. Also, I'd like to go on record saying I fully support ChumpLump's use of my formula to create so many other lycanthropes and feel proud that my original two classes have been helpful to him in his works.

The Werebear

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    To become a werebear, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any medium or large humanoid or giant
    Special:Must have been injured by the natural attack of another werebear and contracted lycanthropy

HD:d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Alternate form(bear), Bear empathy, Lunar body, Forager's nose
    2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Alternate form(hybrid), Lunar hide
    3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Bear hug, Growth, +1 wis
    4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Curse of lycanthropy, Indomitable[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, intimidate, knowledge(nature), listen, spot, survival and swim

Proficiencies: A werebear gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werebears retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A werebear gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in bear or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their constitution bonus.

Bear empathy: a werebear can communicate with bears and dire bears regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them. The Werebear can also influence and communicate with bear-like magical beasts, but does not gain the +4 bonus.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Werebear gains a (Medium sized) Bear Alternate Form. While in Bear form, the Werebear cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands ,but gains the appropriate natural attacks that a Bear has. (2 Claw attacks dealing 1d6 damage each and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage) While in Bear form the Werebear's movement speeds are set to that of an Bear's(40ft).

Alternate form
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Werebear has the ability to assume one or more specific alternate forms. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the Werebear's Humanoid or Giant form, as well as it's Hybrid or Animal Forms. While using alternate form the Werebear reverts to its Humanoid or Giant form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. Assuming an alternate form results in the following changes to the Werebear:

* The Werebear retains the type and subtype of its Humanoid or Giant form. It gains the size of its Bear or Hybrid Form. (As Specified). If the new form has the aquatic subtype, the Werebear gains that subtype as well.
    * The Werebear loses the natural weapons, natural armor, and movement modes of its Humanoid or Giant form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its Humanoid or Giant form not derived from non-monster class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    * The Werebear gains the natural weapons, natural armor, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of Bear or Hybrid Form. (As Specified).
    * The Werebear retains the special qualities of its Humanoid or Giant form. It does not gain any special qualities of its Bear or Hybrid Form. (Unless Specified Otherwise.)
    * The Werebear retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its Bear or Hybrid Form.
    * The Werebear gains the physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) of its new form as specified. It retains the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) of its Humanoid or Giant form. Apply any changed physical ability score modifiers in all appropriate areas Unlike normal creatures with Alternate Forms the Werebear gains the hit points increase from any change to its Constitution.
    * The Werebear retains its hit points and save bonuses, although its save modifiers may change due to a change in ability scores.
    * Except as described elsewhere, the Werebear retains all other game statistics of its Humanoid or Giant form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    * The Werebear retains any spellcasting ability it had in its Humanoid or Giant form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components. Hybrid may speak and has humanoid enough hands if the Werebear's Humanoid or Giant form has hands.
    * The Werebear is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its Bear or Hybrid Form, and it gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    * Any gear worn or carried by the Werebear that can’t be worn or carried in its Bear or Hybrid Form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the Werebear changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its Bear or Hybrid Form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and vice versa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

At second level, the Werebear can assume a (Medium sized) Hybrid form, between its bear form and its Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Werebear gains the natural attacks of bear form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Werebear retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Werebear can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Werebear, or for every two in another class, the Werebear's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table]Werebear level+1/2 other levels|Ability scores
    1|+1 con
    2|+1 str, +1 con
    3|+1 str, +2 con
    4|+2 str, +2 con
    5|+2 str, +3 con
    6|+3 str, +3 con
    7|+3 str, +4 con
    8|+4 str, +4 con
    9|+4 str, +5 con
    10|+5 str, +5 con
    11|+5 str, +6 con
    12|+6 str, +6 con[/table]

Forager's nose: While in alternate form, a Werebear gains the scent ability and a bonus to survival checks equal to half its HD. At second level, this ability works regardless of form.

Lunar hide: At second level, A Werebear Gains DR/silver equal to half its HD while in its alternate form.

Growth: At third level, a Werebear’s bear or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Werebear chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When A Werebear changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Lycanthrope gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Werebear of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Werebear of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Werebear of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Bear Hug: While in its alternate form, a Werebear Gains the Improved grab ability, allowing it to grapple any creature it hits with a claw attack as a free action.

In addition, when the Werebear successfully pins a creature smaller than itself while in bear form, it can squeeze the creature, dealing 2d6 points of damage(plus double the Werebear's strength modifier), plus an additional 2d6 for each size category above medium the werebear is. In addition, any creature affected by this ability must make a fortitude saving throw(DC15 + 5 per consecutive round the creature is pinned) or begin to suffocate. A creature that does not have lungs is immune to the suffocation effect.

Curse of Lycanthropy: At fourth level the Werebear can transmit Lycanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of medium or large size is hit by the Werebear’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Werebear's HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Lycanthropy. For more information on Lycanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Indomitable: A forth level werebear gains the ability to shrug off damage. 1/day for every 4HD they possess, the werebear can try to resist an attack. If the werebear succeeds a fortitude save(DC=damage dealt) then half of the damage of the attacks is ignored and the other half is converted into subdual damage. Using this ability is a immediate action.

They also gain diehard as a bonus feat, regardless of whether or not they meet the prerequisites or what form they are in. If the werebear already has this feat they may choose a different one. The werebear's dying threshold also increases by an amount equal to their HD. For example, a Werebear with 13HD would die at -23, while one with 7HD would die at -17.

The diehard feat works regardless of form, but the other abilities only function while the werebear is in its hybrid form.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here is the more up to date version of the werebear. the changes are mostly minor things to fit in with the more recent Lycanthropes, and the Bear Hug ability(because squeezing the life out of your opponents is fun)
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-12-02 at 12:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Sooo, any update on the Valkyrie?
    If I may, you've asked a couple of times. I think you should wait and cease nagging for a while. It's been a reasonable bit since I heard anything about the Living Spell, but I figure nagging will only stress people out more.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Magicyop: In this whole thread, he's only asked once. You don't have to defend me: if I feel I'm being nagged, I can say it myself.
    Anyways, I already gave a suggestion. If you updated in response to it, I need to be informed of that. If you didn't, then here it is below: I'll still need a response to it.

En maneuvers:
    I'd like to make a standardized maneuver system, like we have the spellcasting multiclassing system. If you don't have a problem with the reth dekala's maneuver system, use it. If you do have a problem with it, then tell me and we can discuss it.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    If I may, you've asked a couple of times. I think you should wait and cease nagging for a while. It's been a reasonable bit since I heard anything about the Living Spell, but I figure nagging will only stress people out more.
    Ah but every time I've asked it's becaue I've just updated it with the suggestions given. I only re-asked because I thought it may not have been noticed as I posted that it was updated at the end of the last thread.

EDIT: @^ I updated the maneuver progression to match the Reth Dekala. I added stances at 5th and 8th level as well as 2nd, since its meant to be a heavy initiator.
    Last edited by Niezck; 2010-11-30 at 05:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Magicyop: In this whole thread, he's only asked once. You don't have to defend me: if I feel I'm being nagged, I can say it myself.
    Anyways, I already gave a suggestion. If you updated in response to it, I need to be informed of that. If you didn't, then here it is below: I'll still need a response to it.
    Ah but every time I've asked it's becaue I've just updated it with the suggestions given. I only re-asked because I thought it may not have been noticed as I posted that it was updated at the end of the last thread.
    In that case, I offer my apologies, for some reason I thought that you had asked a couple times in the last thread and then a couple more in this thread. I just looked back through and, obviously, I was mistaken. Sorry!
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: @^ I updated the maneuver progression to match the Reth Dekala. I added stances at 5th and 8th level as well as 2nd, since its meant to be a heavy initiator.
    Oh, that's fine. Nevertheless, it's still much more complex than the Reth Dekala: I can see it as a crusader, I can see it as a swordsage, and I can see it as a warblade. It shouldn't be limited on discipline access.

Living spell: Every spell. EVERY SPELL. If it doesn't normally specifically target an enemy creature, its ability must be explained. Period. Many, many of the spells have to be interpreted, and with something like this, there can be no room for interpretation. There needs to be a RAW for everything.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-30 at 05:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Animated Object
    Base Monster Class
    Monster Manual

Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: d10
    {table=head]Level|BaB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Inanimate Body, Object Power
    2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Tough Shell, +1 Str
    3rd|+2|+3|+1|+1|Object Power, +1 Str
    4th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Hidden Life, Object Power
    5th|+3|+4|+1|+1|Object Power, +1 Str
    6th|+4|+5|+2|+2|Never Alive, +1 Str
    7th|+5|+5|+2|+2|Object Power
    8th|+6/+1|+6|+2|+2|Distributed Consciousness, Object Power, +1 Str
    9th|+6/+1|+6|+3|+3|Object Power, +1 Str
    10th|+7/+2|+7|+3|+3|Magic Item
    [/table]
    Skills: 2 + Int modifier.

Proficiencies: An Animated Object is proficient with its natural slam attack, but otherwise gains no new proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Inanimate Body: The Animated Object loses all other racial modifiers and receives the Construct type, small size, 20 ft. movement speed, and a natural slam attack dealing 1d4 + Str modifier damage. It is capable of fine manipulation.

It has all the characteristics of the construct type:
    • No Constitution score.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, ability damage, fatigue or exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Cannot heal damage on its own, although it can be healed.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    • Never being alive to begin with, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. It can only be revived by a wish, limited wish, miracle.
    • Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

The Animated Object may choose to be any mundane nonmagical item, worth no more than 100 GP per HD, and of a size no greater than the Animated Object is allowed to be. You may change size whenever you could change into a new object. Every time you level up, you may reselect what object you are.

The Animated Object may grow, but is not required to. It may be any size indicated that it may be on the following table, but no larger. It may only change size when it levels up.
    • 1 HD: Small size
    • 3 HD: Tiny size
    • 5 HD: Medium size
    • 9 HD: Large size
    • 11 HD: Diminutive size
    • 13 HD: Huge size
    • 17 HD: Gargantuan size
    • 19 HD: Fine size
    • 21 HD: Colossal size
    • 25 HD: Colossal+ size
    • 27 HD: Fine- size

Object Power: Depending on what object it is, the Animated Object has various special abilities. At each level indicated, you may choose one of the following abilities, as long as you meet the prerequisites. If the type of object you are changes such that you no longer qualify for some of your abilities, you may reselect those in favor of those you now qualify for. At any time you may spend a feat slot to gain another ability.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dwarven Made
    Requirements: Must not have any of the other 'made' abilities.
    Effect: You are sturdily built, and able to overcome enemies through force. You gain the powerful build ability. You may not gain this ability more than once.

Elven Made
    Effect: You are elegantly built, and able to gracefully dance out of the way of blows. You gain the sleight build ability. You may not gain this ability more than once.

Halfling Made
    Effect: You gain a 10 ft. bonus to your movement speed and a +3 bonus on reflex saves. Further, you gain the effects of a permanent freedom of movement spell.

Orcish Made
    Effect: You gain a +3 bonus on fortitude saves. Further, you are immune to any effect which would attempt to move you against your will, such as telekinesis or bull rush.

Gnomish Made
    Effect: You are ridiculously complicated and able to achieve functions which no one would have believed possible. You may select up to three Object Power abilities which you do not normally qualify for, but only if the requirement you are bypassing is based on what type of object you are. This ability does not give you those abilities, it simply allows you to select them like you would select one which you qualify for.

Sturdy Construction
    Requirements: Hardness.
    Effect: You gain 2 additional Hardness, and an armor bonus to AC equal to ½ your HD. If your Hardness is increased to that of a different material, you may choose to take on the other properties of that material, though you may be constructed of only one material at a time.
    Special: You may take this ability more than once, each time gaining 2 Hardness and +1 to your armor bonus.

Heavy Slam
    Requirements: None
    Effect: Your slam attack increases in damage by 1 step, and you may choose to either increase its critical range by 1, or its critical modifier by 1. Further, after the first application of this ability, your strength bonus to slam attacks changes to 1½ times your strength modifier.
    Special: You may take this ability multiple times, each time increases the damage by 1 step and either the critical range or critical modifier by 1.

Strong Arm
    Requirements: Must have multiple appendages which you do not use for movement, and must have more of such appendages than you currently do slam attacks.
    Effect: You gain another slam attack with one of your appendages. For example, a candelabra with three candles could gain this ability twice, for a total of three slam attacks.
    Special: You may gain this ability more than once, but no more times than you have appendages. You may never have more slam attacks than available appendages.

Grasper
    Requirements: Must be an object which is in some way naturally flexible, such as a carpet, blanket, or rope.
    Effect: You gain the Constrict ability, which allows you to deal damage equal to your slam damage plus 1½ times your Strength modifier on a successful grapple check. Furthermore, an object may grapple and make constriction attacks against multiple creatures at once, as long as they are all small enough that they can fit together in the Animated Object's space.

Mow Through
    Requirements: Hardness 5, Str 14.
    Effect: You gain the Trample ability, allowing you to attack enemies simply by moving through their space. They must be no larger than you, but you attack any enemies whose square you move through, dealing damage equal to your slam damage plus 1½ times your Strength modifier. Enemies who you would attack may choose either to make an attack of opportunity against you, or to make a reflex save (DC 10 + ½ HD + Strength Modifier) to avoid you.

Controlled Hovering
    Requirements: Sheetlike object such as a blanket or sheet of paper, 6 HD
    Effect: You are light enough that you may manipulate air currents to float through the air. However, you are effected doubly by wind conditions. You gain a fly speed equal to ¼ your base land speed with clumsy maneuverability.
    Special: You may take this ability more than once, each time, your flight speed increases by ¼ of your land speed. So, two applications would make your flight speed ½ your land speed, six would make it 1½ times your land speed. Every two applications increases your maneuverability one step.

Ignite
    Requirements: Must be an object able to be ignited, such as a candle or lantern.
    Effect: All of your slam attacks gain bonus fire damage equal to your HD. Additionally, you cast bright light at a radius of 5 ft. per HD, and shadowy light at a range of 5 ft. per HD beyond that.
    Special: You may take this ability more than once, each time, your bright light and shadowy light ranges both increase by 5 ft. per HD. The second application increases the fire damage to 1d4 fire damage per HD, the third to 1d6 fire damage per HD. After that, each application simply grants a stacking bonus to the fire damage of ½ your HD.

Sorcerous Light
    Requirements: Ignite
    Effect: You may change the hue of your light to any color you wish, additionally, anyone within the range of your bright light who is staring at you may, at your option, be subject to Hypnotism as a gaze attack. You may use this no more than once per round. You may effect up to 2d4 HD of creatures for each of your HD, and creatures may make a will save to avoid the fascination (DC 10 + ½ HD + Charisma Modifier). A successful save renders a creature immune for 24 hours.

Storage
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of storing things inside of it, such as a backpack, basket, or chest.
    Effect: The space inside you becomes extra-dimensional, and is capable of holding objects weighing no more than 25 pounds per HD, which take up a space no larger than 5 cubic feet per HD. These objects do not count towards your maximum carrying capacity, and you are in no way hindered by having them. Furthermore, you may count yourself as a Handy Haversack for the purposes of withdrawing items from yourself: The item you need will always end up shifted to the top.
    Special: You may take this ability multiple times, each time increasing the maximum weight by 25 pounds per HD, and the maximum space by 5 cubic feet per HD.

Knockover
    Requirements: Must be an object which is normally occupied by creatures, such as a chair or a bed.
    Effect: On a successful Bull Rush attempt, you may knock someone over on or into you. (So they would end up sitting in a chair or lying in a bed.) Furthermore, you may make a pin attempt against anyone on or in your as a swift action. This is a grapple check with a +10 bonus. If you are successful, they are pinned and stuck inside your space, and you may maintain the pin with a successful grapple check as a free action each turn. You may only hold one creature immobilized in this way. If you move, the creature moves with you, as they are effectively trapped on you. You take no penalties for grappling unless the other creature beats your grapple check.

Looking Glass
    Requirements: Must be an object which is normally used to enhance vision, such as a magnifying glass or spyglass.
    Effect: You gain a bonus to spot checks equal to ½ your HD, as does anyone using you to look at things. Furthermore, you and anyone using you gains the benefits of some special effects. Every time you take this ability, you may choose one of the following effects. You may not choose an effect of a spell level higher than one below ½ your HD. All "Detect" abilities reveal all information instantaneously.
    • Detect Secret Doors
    • Detect [Alignment]
    • Detect Magic
    • Comprehend Languages (written)
    • See Invisibility
    • Detect Thoughts
    • Arcane Sight
    • Analyze Dweomer
    • True Seeing
    • Greater Arcane Sight

Special: You may gain this ability more than once. Each time, select a new ability that you qualify for, and the bonus on spot checks increases by ½ your HD.

Codex
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of containing knowledge, such as a book.
    Effect: You gain a bonus on knowledge checks equal to ½ your HD. Furthermore, you may alter the words on your pages at your whim. Finally, to a certain extent, you become a wizard's spellbook. You may select a single wizard spell of a level no higher than ¼ of your HD, and you gain this spell as a spell-like ability, usable at will. If it allows a save, the DC is 10 + ½ HD. You may choose this ability multiple times, each time the bonus on knowledge checks increases by half your HD, and you learn one new spell.

Religious Artifact
    Requirements: Must be an object related to some religion, such as a holy symbol.
    Effect: You may select two cleric spells of a level no higher than ¼ of your HD, and you gain these spells as spell-like abilities, usable at will. If it allows a save, the DC is 10 + ½ HD. If you choose an emanation, it is permanent rather than at will.

Crystalline Resonance
    Requirements: Must be an object containing crystals of some sort.
    Effect: You may select two psion powers of a level no higher than ¼ of your HD, and you gain these spells as psi-like abilities, usable at will. If they allow a save, the DC is 10 + ½ HD. Further, you gain 1 Power Point per HD.

Ancient Tactics
    Requirements: Must be a weapon of some sort, or an object capable of containing knowledge
    Effect: You may select two maneuvers of a level no higher than ¼ of your HD, and you gain these maneuvers, which you may use at will. If they allow a save, the DC is 10 + ½ HD. Further, you may select one stance of a level no greater than ½ your HD, and you are considered to perpetually be in this stance.

Soul Crafted
    Requirements: Must be a memento or sentimental object, such as a portrait.
    Effect: You may select two soulmelds which target a chakra that an incarnate of your HD could access, and you gain them as if they were permanently bound to those chakras. Further, you gain an essentia pool equal to your HD.

Choke
    Requirements: Graspers
    Effect: When you make a constrict attack, you may choose to gag the constricted target, banning them from all verbal actions. Furthermore, you may choose to begin choking them, in this case, they begin asphyxiating and remain so until they are able to remove you, or they die.

Spray
    Requirements: Must be an object normally used to hold liquid, such as a vial or pot.
    Effect: You may spew liquids inside of you out in a massive geyser, washing away those before you. You gain what is effectively a breath weapon. It has a range of 5 ft. per HD, and deals 1d4 damage per 2 HD. It also effects the target with whatever substance you are spraying them with. You must have a substance inside of you, and this breath weapon uses up 1 gallon per 2 HD when you use it. You may choose to use less of the substance, decreasing the number of gallons used by that spray, but counting you as 2 HD lower for every gallon removed, for the purposes of damage and range.

Substance Conjuration
    Requirements: Spray.
    Effect: You may conjure an infinite amount of a substance, as if you were a Decanter of Endless Water. You must have a bit of the substance placed inside you first, for you to attune to, and the substance can be worth no more than 5 GP per HD. From now on, you may conjure a seemingly infinite supply of that substance. You may change substances by attuning to a new substance, but you may only conjure one type of substance at a time.

Magic Cupboard
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of storing things inside of it, such as a backpack, basket, or chest.
    Effect: As a free action, you may use any prestidigitation effect on any object inside you. The effects of this prestidigitation are permanent. Furthermore, you may create, at will as a swift action, any nonmagical item worth no more than 10 GP per HD within yourself. You may only have one of these items at a time, if you create another, the previous one falls to dust.

Digger
    Requirements: Must be a sharp object such as a shovel or mining pick.
    Effect: You gain a climb speed equal to ½ your base land speed. You also gain a burrow speed equal to ½ your base land speed. You may burrow through solid rock (although you only burrow at half speed when going through solid rock) and any object with a hardness no greater than your HD. You leave a usable tunnel behind you.
    Special: You may gain this ability more than once, each time increasing your speeds by ½ of your land speed, and increasing the maximum hardness you can burrow through by your HD.

Musical
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of making noise, such as a bell or musical instrument.
    Effect: You gain Bardic Music as a bard of your HD. You may choose to give up a number of your daily uses of Bardic Music equal to the level at which a Bardic Music effect is gained, to gain that Bardic Music effect at will.

Energy Lash
    Requirements: Must be an object associated with any of the following elements: cold, fire, acid, lightning, sonic. For example, a horn could qualify with sonic, a lightning rod with lightning, or a torch with fire.
    Effect: You gain a breath weapon dealing damage of the type you used to qualify for this. It deals 1d6 damage per HD, and when you gain this ability, you may choose to shape it as a line with a range of 15 ft. per HD, a cone with a range of 10 ft. per HD, or a sphere with a range of 5 ft. per HD. Enemies may evade this with a successful reflex save. After using this attack, you must wait 1d4 rounds to use it again. A second application of this ability increases the damage to 1d8 per HD and the range by 5 ft. per HD.

Slicer
    Requirements: Must be sharp in some manner, such as a fork or pickaxe.
    Effect: When you make a slam attack, you may choose between bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage. Further, you ignore one point of hardness on objects.

Mirror, Mirror
    Requirements: Must have a reflective surface of some sort.
    Effect: At will, you may create a scrying effect in your surface. Further, once per day, you may use this scrying to answer a question, as though through divination, such as "who is the fairest in the land". Your scrying effect will automatically target the event, place, or object which is closest to your request.

Seafaring
    Requirements: Must either be made of wood, or directly related to water.
    Effect: You are able to float across the sea, effectively granting you a swim speed equal to your land speed. If you take this ability again, your swim speed increases by your land speed.

Tradesman's Tools
    Requirements: Must be a tool kit or a tool used for some sort of profession.
    Effect: You may always take 10 on the skill associated with your tool. Further, you gain a +2 bonus on that skill. You may take this ability multiple times. Each time after the first, you gain a stacking +3 bonus on the skill.

Blinding
    Requirements: Ignite.
    Effect: Anyone within the range of your bright light must make a will save or be blinded.

Selection
    Requirements: Must be an object normally used to hold clothing, such as a coatrack or a hatstand.
    Effect: You may wear clothing of the type you are associated in, furthermore, you may benefit from a number of articles of clothing of that type equal to your charisma modifier.

Jaws
    Requirements: Storage.
    Effect: You gain a bite attack dealing 1d8 damage. It deals piercing damage, and you add your strength modifier to the damage.

Hungry Basket
    Requirements: Storage, Jaws.
    Effect: You gain the Swallow Whole ability. You may only hold creatures inside you if they could fit, as per the rules of Storage.

Improved Movement
    Requirements: Must have legs or wheels.
    Effect: Your base land speed improves to 40 ft. if you have legs, or 60 ft. if you have wheels.

Psychedelic
    Requirements: Must have a reflective surface or transparent surface, such as a kaleidoscope.
    Effect: You gain the ability to use any illusion spell as a spell-like ability once per day per HD. You may use any illusion spell you wish, as long as it has a level no greater than 1/2 your HD. A spell uses up a number of uses of this ability equal to its level. You may not choose any illusion spell which lets you mimic another spell.

Stabbity
    Requirements: Must be reasonably sharp.
    Effect: You gain the sneak attack ability. This deals an additional 1d6 per 3 HD damage on a successful sneak attack.

Soporific
    Requirements: Must be normally related to sleeping, such as a pillow or bed.
    Effect: You radiate a permanent sleep spell at a radius of 5 ft. per HD. The maximum HD of creatures effected is your HD plus your Charisma modifier. A creature actually touching you treats the spell as though it has permanent duration, leaving them asleep until something wakes them up.

Ability Increases: The Animated Object gains +1 to Str at levels 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 9, for a total of +6 Strength.

Tough Shell: The Animated Object gains hardness, even though it is alive. It has hardness equal to 1/2 its HD. (you may have a hardness greater than your HD by using Object Power, see above.) This stacks with any damage reduction you may have.

Hidden Life: An Animated Object may choose to suppress its life to fool others. You gain a +10 bonus on Disguise checks to appear as a normal object of the type that you are. Furthermore, when keeping yourself disguised in this manner, you do not move involuntarily and no magic will detect that you are actually alive.

Never Alive: At 6th level, you gain the power to avoid death. Since you were never alive to begin with, you cannot die. You may, once per day, upon your death, strain your will to live, at which point you will begin to repair yourself. You effectively gain fast healing 1 until you are repaired to full health, though you may take no actions while in this state. If a piece of you is separated, it will itself animate and try to work its way back to the main portion of your body. It has no intelligence and can easily be blocked, but it will move around corner and through corridors if it recognizes the most direct route if blocked. It moves at 1/2 your movement speed when you were alive. You do not gain Fast Healing until all your pieces are together.

Distributed Consciousness: At 8th level, once per day, you may choose to distribute your mind to a number of other object. You may distribute your mind to a number of objects equal to your charisma modifier. Each object may be an Animated Object of a level equal to ½ your HD. (If you have more than 20 HD, all of your objects are level 10 Animated Objects). Your original object body glows with obvious magic, but is left comatose while you puppeteer the other objects. You may animate the legion of objects for a maximum number of rounds equal to your HD plus your Charisma Modifier.

Magic Item: You realize your destiny: You are no ordinary object, you are a magical object, and your deeds will set the course of history. You gain an enhancement bonus equal to half your HD, which you may distribute between your 'armor' and your natural weapons. You may spend this enhancement bonus to gain other special qualities. If you have 21 or more HD, you may receive epic qualities. You gain 1 Hardness and 5 bonus HP for every point of enhancement bonus, just as a normal object would. (This applies only to actual enhancement bonuses, not to special qualities.) Before level 21, the actual enhancement bonus on your natural attacks or armor may not exceed +5, after that, it may not exceed +10. Further, you may spend your budget for animating yourself on a magical item, instead of a mundane item, if you wish.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harder than it looks! The Animated Object monster is surprisingly vague on exactly how different animated objects perform. However, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It gains its choice of abilities based on what type of object it is, and eventually becomes a magic item. Enjoy!

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    None yet.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-12-16 at 06:35 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Alrighty, I'll remove the discipline-specific stuff.

Also, just for reference's sake, what are these monster classes? Base? Prestige?

It's important for things like gestalt games that disallow taking two prestige classes at once etc.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty, I'll remove the discipline-specific stuff.

Also, just for reference's sake, what are these monster classes? Base? Prestige?

It's important for things like gestalt games that disallow taking two prestige classes at once etc.
    ...I...
    I honestly don't really know.
    I'm thinking monster classes that make you lose previous racial stuff are base, and monster classes that don't- monster classes with level-dependent prerequisites- are prestige.

23. - Top - End - #53

The animated object, but it is unclear on whether it changes physically to a new object on level up, or if it transfers it's essence to a new shell. Personally, I prefer the latter.

24. - Top - End - #54

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    To celebrate my first endorsed monster.....

Ultroloth

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: D8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1| +0| +0| +2| Yugoloth Body, Weapons of Ruin.
    2| +2| +0| +0| +3| Daemonic Aura I
    3| +3| +1| +1| +3| Basic Yugoloth Magic
    4| +4| +1| +1| +4| Hypnotic Gaze
    5| +5| +1| +1| +4| Daemonic Aura II
    6| +6| +2| +2| +5| Intermediate Yugoloth Magic
    7| +7| +2| +2| +5| Telepathy, Trickster General
    8| +8| +2| +2| +6| Daemonic Aura III
    9| +9| +3| +3| +6| Greater Yugoloth Magic
    10|+10| +3| +3| +7| Immunities, All-Seeing Eyes
    11|+11| +3| +3| +7| Daemonic Aura IIII
    12|+12| +4| +4| +8| Greatest Yugoloth Magic
    13|+13| +4| +4| +8| General's Mount
    [/TABLE]
    Abitity increase??
    Skills: 6+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Climb, Craft (Any one), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spellcraft, Ride, Spot, Spellcraft, Concentration, and Knowledge (Taken seperatly).

Proficiencies
    The Ultroloth has proficiency in all simple and martial weapons, one exotic weapon of your choice (can't be changed after choosing), and light and medium armor.

Yugoloth Body: The Ultroloth loses all revious racial traits and gains Outsider traits (Basically Darkvison 60ft), with a land speed of 30ft and two claw attacks dealing 1d4 damage. Ultroloths can speak Common, Infernal and Abyssal.

Weapon of Ruin: All your natural attacks and any weapon you wield count as evil aligned for the sake of over-coming damage reduction.

Daemonic Aura I: As a born leader of the Yugoloths, you give off strength and power in a measurable aspect not unlike the mortal adventurers called Marshals. To activate your Daemonic Aura takes a swift action, and to dismiss it only requires a free action. You normally activate your Aura by intimidating, cajoling or enticing anyone in range to better serve your purposes. Your aura affects all sentient (3+ INT) allies within 40ft of your person, and is dismissed automatically if you cannot be heard for some reason (Silence spell, Dazed etc). At Level 2, you gain a simple aura - Any ally within range of your aura gains a +1 to attack rolls.
    What type of bonus??

Basic Yugoloth Magic: Whenever you would gain an SLA from your Ultroloth levels, treat your HD as the spell's CL, and the DC as (10+CHA Mod+ 1/2 HD) when applicable. At Level 3, you gain Invisibility, Desecrate, Scorching Ray and Fear as SLA's useable once per day for every 2HD you have.

Hypnotic Gaze: As Hypnotic Pattern (the spell), only you add 4 to your CL instead of 2d4 to determine the total HD of creatures affected. At 18HD, your Hypnotic Gaze has no HD limit to how many creatures can be affected.
    ??What action?Is It a sla?(You just say what it does)
    Daemonic Aura II: At Level 5, your aura's range increases to 60ft, and anyone within range of your aura gains +2 morale bonus to all Fortitude saves, and Fast Healing 1. At Level 11, this increases to Fast Healing 2.
    Fast healing 1 is kinda bad, I would give it 1/4 or 1/3 of it's Hd for fast healing as well as the fortitude save .Also why exacly do they get a fortitude save?
    Intermediate Yugoloth Magic: You gain Deeper Darkness, Ray of Enfeeblement and Alter Self as SLA's useable once per day for every 3HD you have.

Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with any creature that has a language within 100ft.

Chatty General: You gain a +5 bonus to Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy.
    Wouldnt these 2 abilityies be able to fit in 1??It would be a better one and also make the telepathy have a range of 20ft+10ft/hd
    Daemonic Aura III: Anyone ally within your aura's range gains a +5 bonus to Intimidate checks, and DR 5/Silver. At Level 13, this increases to DR 10/Silver.
    Dr should be 1/2Hd Also shouldnt you just get the intimidate check?(it dosent make sence for someone to get scairer just beacuse he's with you)
    Greater Yugoloth Magic: You gain Gaseous Form, Enervation, Prying Eyes, and Scrying as SLA's useable once per day for every 4HD you have.

Immunities: You become immune to all poisons and all acids
    Resitances equal to HD would be better

All-Seeing Eyes: You gain a permanent See Invisibility effect on your person. At 15HD, this becomes True Seeing.

Daemonic Aura IIII: Firstly, your Aura's range increases to 80ft. Secondly, anyone within your Aura's range gains the benefits of the Bear's Endurance, and See Invisibility spells.
    It a tad powerfull, it practacly a permantent +4 enacement bonus(16000 gp) to all your allies(normally you dont really move far from your oppontents).
    Greatest Yugoloth Magic: You gain Geas, Suggestion (Mass), Wall of Fire and Lesser Planar Binding as SLA's useable once per day for every 5HD you have. As long as you summon the creature within your Aura's range, you may treat your Aura as a Magic Circle for the sake of casting Lesser Planar Binding.

General's Mount: You aquire a personal mount from the the Gehenna Stables to ride into battle. You gain an animal companion from the Druid Animal Companion List, with your effective Druid Level equal to your HD-6, and the animal you choose must be Large sized or bigger, but it gains the Fiendish Creature template for free, and you gain a +10 untyped bonus to Ride checks.
    It's nice but I dont know, it just dosent seem very interesting. Oh wow a large+ animal but animals arent that great especally at higher levels.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you can imagine, I was going for a Leadership role with the Ultroloth - They lead a bunch of greedy mercs into battle, so they're good at generally being leaders. They also have a bunch of SLA's and small effects so they can hold their own in combat. If I can be bothered later, I might make a Yugoloth General Prc that lets him convert his SLA's into Summon Monster spells, a bit like Druid's ability, and grants him bigger mounts and better Planar Binding spells and stuff.

Changes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None so far, but i'm sure there's gonna be a few. There always is

This class is quite balanced and reminds me of a marshal, Maybe you should try to make a bit more like one.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-30 at 09:36 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    The animated object, but it is unclear on whether it changes physically to a new object on level up, or if it transfers it's essence to a new shell. Personally, I prefer the latter.
    Well, transfers its essence to a new shell, but it doesn't need to have the object at hand. I'll make that more clear, thank you.

Any other thoughts?

Working currently on making all Living Spell anima combat related... even though I'll add that I don't really like doing it. D&D isn't all about combat and I don't feel every spell should be combat-related, but I'll bow to the superior expertise of those who have been doing monster classes a lot longer than me.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Arcadian Avenger has been updated, and there were some other updates last night in case those were missed.

My alternate idea for Avenger's Wrath was being able to split you pounce attacks up between multiple targets along the route of your charge, and then a bonus if you nail them with Blade Rend while doing so (such as not provoking, or a bonus against, AoOs while moving away). Attacks would still be made in order, of course, I just found the wording a bit cumbersome.

I'll offer some comments on the Animated Object and Ultroloth later tonight.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Magicyop: No fluff restrictions. Nothing should change based on fluff. People shouldn't be forced to compromise fluff for mechanics, or vice versa.

Ultroloth:
    I don't like it.
    They may be rulers, yes, but they aren't generals. No Yugoloth is loyal to an Ultroloth. Or anybody. There's nothing inspirational about an Ultroloth. Only fear.

Habitat/Society: No lower-planar mercenary dares disobey an ultroloth for fear of cruel punishment. Even non-yugoloths in the Lower Planes steer clear of the ultroloths, fearing their powers.
    Note that the ultroloth's actual power, though certainly respectable, does not greatly exceed some others of its kind. However, ultroloths maintain an air of mystery, so that few yugoloths of lesser power know their true abilities. Ultroloths also typically have enormous presence, shrewdness, and force of will, nonmagical qualities that often overshadow the most powerful enchantments.
    Ultroloths are enigmatic, mysterious, and quite literally legendary, as all the knowledge about them is shrouded in myth. They're the bogeyman of the bogeymen- the things that the fiends tell stories about. 3rd edition botched it up and made them some 50's alien knockoff, with a big round head and big eyes. Ultroloths aren't scary because they're big and ugly with big teeth and flaming eyes- "The oldest and most powerful emotion of mankind is fear, and the most powerful fear is fear of the unknown". That's why they have the blank slate face.

And the funny thing is they aren't all that powerful, at least on the supernatural front. They're just brilliant and a powerful presence and willing to do anything to get their way.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-30 at 10:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Magicyop: No fluff restrictions. Nothing should change based on fluff. People shouldn't be forced to compromise fluff for mechanics, or vice versa.
    Wait, I don't understand, where am I putting a fluff restriction on something? What are you talking about?
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Magicyop;9867627]The Animated Object has a movement speed defined by what type of object it is.
    • Normal Object: 20 ft.
    • Object With 2 Legs: 30 ft.
    • Object With 4+ Legs: 40 ft.
    • Object With Wheels: 60 ft.

Strong Arm
    Requirements: Must have multiple appendages which you do not use for movement, and must have more of such appendages than you currently do slam attacks.
    Effect: You gain another slam attack with one of your appendages. For example, a candelabra with three candles could gain this ability twice, for a total of three slam attacks.
    Special: You may gain this ability more than once, but no more times than you have appendages. You may never have more slam attacks than available appendages.

Grasper
    Requirements: Must be an object which is in some way naturally flexible, such as a carpet, blanket, or rope.
    Effect: You gain the Constrict ability, which allows you to deal damage equal to your slam damage plus 1½ times your Strength modifier on a successful grapple check. Furthermore, an object may grapple and make constriction attacks against multiple creatures at once, as long as they are all small enough that they can fit together in the Animated Object's space.

Controlled Hovering
    Requirements: Sheetlike object such as a blanket or sheet of paper, 6 HD
    Effect: You are light enough that you may manipulate air currents to float through the air. However, you are effected doubly by wind conditions. You gain a fly speed equal to ¼ your base land speed with clumsy maneuverability.
    Special: You may take this ability more than once, each time, your flight speed increases by ¼ of your land speed. So, two applications would make your flight speed ½ your land speed, six would make it 1½ times your land speed. Every two applications increases your maneuverability one step.

Ignite
    Requirements: Must be an object able to be ignited, such as a candle or lantern.
    Effect: All of your slam attacks gain bonus fire damage equal to your HD. Additionally, you cast bright light at a radius of 5 ft. per HD, and shadowy light at a range of 5 ft. per HD beyond that.
    Special: You may take this ability more than once, each time, your bright light and shadowy light ranges both increase by 5 ft. per HD. The second application increases the fire damage to 1d4 fire damage per HD, the third to 1d6 fire damage per HD. After that, each application simply grants a stacking bonus to the fire damage of ½ your HD.

Storage
    Effect: The space inside you becomes extra-dimensional, and is capable of holding objects weighing no more than 25 pounds per HD, which take up a space no larger than 5 cubic feet per HD. These objects do not count towards your maximum carrying capacity, and you are in no way hindered by having them. Furthermore, you may count yourself as a Handy Haversack for the purposes of withdrawing items from yourself: The item you need will always end up shifted to the top.
    Special: You may take this ability multiple times, each time increasing the maximum weight by 25 pounds per HD, and the maximum space by 5 cubic feet per HD.

Knockover
    Requirements: Must be an object which is normally occupied by creatures, such as a chair or a bed.
    Effect: On a successful Bull Rush attempt, you may knock someone over on or into you. (So they would end up sitting in a chair or lying in a bed.) Furthermore, you may make a pin attempt against anyone on or in your as a swift action. This is a grapple check with a +10 bonus. If you are successful, they are pinned and stuck inside your space, and you may maintain the pin with a successful grapple check as a free action each turn. You may only hold one creature immobilized in this way. If you move, the creature moves with you, as they are effectively trapped on you. You take no penalties for grappling unless the other creature beats your grapple check.

Looking Glass
    Requirements: Must be an object which is normally used to enhance vision, such as a magnifying glass or spyglass.
    Effect: You gain a bonus to spot checks equal to ½ your HD, as does anyone using you to look at things. Furthermore, you and anyone using you gains the benefits of some special effects. Every time you take this ability, you may choose one of the following effects. You may not choose an effect of a spell level higher than one below ½ your HD. All "Detect" abilities reveal all information instantaneously.
    • Detect Secret Doors
    • Detect [Alignment]
    • Detect Magic
    • Comprehend Languages (written)
    • See Invisibility
    • Detect Thoughts
    • Arcane Sight
    • Analyze Dweomer
    • True Seeing
    • Greater Arcane Sight

Special: You may gain this ability more than once. Each time, select a new ability that you qualify for, and the bonus on spot checks increases by ½ your HD.

Codex
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of containing knowledge, such as a book.
    Effect: You gain a bonus on knowledge checks equal to ½ your HD. Furthermore, you may alter the words on your pages at your whim. Finally, to a certain extent, you become a wizard's spellbook. You may select a single wizard spell of a level no higher than ¼ of your HD, and you gain this spell as a spell-like ability, usable at will. If it allows a save, the DC is 10 + ½ HD.

Spray
    Requirements: Must be an object normally used to hold liquid, such as a vial or pot.
    Effect: You may spew liquids inside of you out in a massive geyser, washing away those before you. You gain what is effectively a breath weapon. It has a range of 5 ft. per HD, and deals 1d4 damage per 2 HD. It also effects the target with whatever substance you are spraying them with. You must have a substance inside of you, and this breath weapon uses up 1 gallon per 2 HD when you use it. You may choose to use less of the substance, decreasing the number of gallons used by that spray, but counting you as 2 HD lower for every gallon removed, for the purposes of damage and range.

Magic Cupboard
    Effect: As a free action, you may use any prestidigitation effect on any object inside you. The effects of this prestidigitation are permanent. Furthermore, you may create, at will as a swift action, any item worth no more than 10 GP per HD within yourself.

Digger
    Requirements: Must be a sharp object such as a shovel or mining pick.
    Effect: You gain a climb speed equal to ½ your base land speed. You also gain a burrow speed equal to ½ your base land speed. You may burrow through solid rock (although you only burrow at half speed when going through solid rock) and any object with a hardness no greater than your HD. You leave a usable tunnel behind you.
    Special: You may gain this ability more than once, each time increasing your speeds by ½ of your land speed, and increasing the maximum hardness you can burrow through by your HD.

Musical
    Requirements: Must be an object capable of making noise, such as a bell or musical instrument.
    Effect: You gain Bardic Music as a bard of your HD. You may choose to give up a number of your daily uses of Bardic Music equal to the level at which a Bardic Music effect is gained, to gain that Bardic Music effect at will.
    [quote]

All of these abilities have fluff restrictions. What this means is you're restricted in your fluff to take certain abilities. It's like saying you have to be a part of the holy order of mashed potatoes to enter PrC X, or have to be a gravy kobold to take feat Y, or anything like that. If you want to be a chair, you should be able to be a chair and still be able to take all of the abilities.
    The move speeds is just wrong, as you're actually giving flat out bonuses/penalties based on fluff. That's like saying female kobolds get +2 to wisdom while male kobolds get -2 to wisdom, and that's the only difference between the two. If I want to play a book, I shouldn't be penalized for it. And I shouldn't get some huge bonus because I decided to play a cart.

30. - Top - End - #60

All of these abilities have fluff restrictions. What this means is you're restricted in your fluff to take certain abilities. It's like saying you have to be a part of the holy order of mashed potatoes to enter PrC X, or have to be a gravy kobold to take feat Y, or anything like that. If you want to be a chair, you should be able to be a chair and still be able to take all of the abilities.
    The move speeds is just wrong, as you're actually giving flat out bonuses/penalties based on fluff. That's like saying female kobolds get +2 to wisdom while male kobolds get -2 to wisdom, and that's the only difference between the two. If I want to play a book, I shouldn't be penalized for it. And I shouldn't get some huge bonus because I decided to play a cart.
    What? That's the whole idea. That's how the original Animated Object works. It is changed based on what type of object it is. It doesn't make any sense for a book to be able to contain stuff, but a backpack without the ability to hold items? That doesn't make sense to me.

Objects are just so different, they need to have different abilities. It doesn't make any sense for a blanket to play music on itself or for a table to strangle someone.

I'm sorry, but this sort of thing is necessary to the class. I cannot give blanket abilities for any animated object. That just can't work to make a fun class. A book would have about the same abilities as a boat. I'm not penalizing anyone, I've tried to make sure that most common mundane objects have an ability or two specific only to them.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that your choice of object is not just fluff. I've tried to make rules for choosing what object you are, and you gain abilities based on that. I'm not giving abilities based on, say, hair color, it's more akin to making abilities based on race. And there are tons of elf or dwarf based PrCs out there.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-30 at 10:36 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew: