New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Pounce + Marshal's Bonus Charge Damage

So, having acquired Pounce from Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian I can make a full attack after a charge. If I am subject to the Marshal aura Over the Top is this damage added to all iterative attacks?

The exact wording of the aura is: "Bonus on damage rolls when charging."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pounce + Marshal's Bonus Charge Damage

Well, the attacks are all made at the end of a charge, so as long as you are still within range of the aura, I'd say yes, they all get the bonus damage. Just like how you might get a bonus to all attack rolls, etc.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Well, the attacks are all made at the end of a charge, so as long as you are still within range of the aura, I'd say yes, they all get the bonus damage. Just like how you might get a bonus to all attack rolls, etc.
    Alright, thanks for the clarification. Also, I should have been more specific, I'm going to be a Marshal.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin_of_Amber View Post
    Alright, thanks for the clarification. Also, I should have been more specific, I'm going to be a Marshal.
    Then it might be different. I'm not sure if all of the Marshal's auras also affect himself, or just his allies, or that only certain kinds of auras effect him, but always effect his allies. I've seen different things said on this forum, so for that you might also want another answer.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Then it might be different. I'm not sure if all of the Marshal's auras also affect himself, or just his allies, or that only certain kinds of auras effect him, but always effect his allies. I've seen different things said on this forum, so for that you might also want another answer.
    Marshal's auras affect herself, unless otherwise noted. Over the Top doesn't note otherwise.

It should be called Unto the Breach, though.

White Raven does much the same as a marshal, except better. I'm going to assume that ToB is not an option.
    Last edited by Greenish; 2010-11-29 at 05:29 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    White Raven does much the same as a marshal, except better. I'm going to assume that ToB is not an option.
    I'm actually taking a dip into Crusader to get some of the charging maneuvers/stances. This is actually for a Favored Soul/Prestige Paladin build. With the Marshal's Aura, Leading the Charge stance, and the Divine Might Feat, with a dip into Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian, meant that I get a full attack on a charge that gets +2xCha+Initiator Level on each iterative attack.

Although as I type this I am beginning to wonder if this would work, I'm taking a dip into Cleric for Turn Undead and then taking PrC Paladin to advance Favored Soul.

Is it possible for me to do that or do I have to take the caster level increase in Cleric levels?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

How do you plan on taking both Paladin and Barbarian levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose87 View Post
    How do you plan on taking both Paladin and Barbarian levels?
    Damn, that's a good point.

The only thing that interests me in Paladin is the Tyranny variant that gets Aura of Despair. Is there some non-Paladin way to get this?

My original answer to this was the CE Paladin, but that gets some crappy penalty to AC aura.
    Last edited by Corwin_of_Amber; 2010-11-30 at 12:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

You could always dip Sacred Exorcist. That's the one that turns, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Ring of Evasion means never playing a monk with monk levels again. There is just no reason to dip that stuff. I know we're all about using every part of the buffalo here, but can we just admit that it's inedible?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose87 View Post
    You could always dip Sacred Exorcist. That's the one that turns, right?
    Yea, but I can't take it until 9th level (Dismissal is Clr 4, FS gets it at 8) that means no Paladin until 10th level. And there's the problem of my character being Evil; there's no point in taking the levels if I can't get access to the Aura of Despair, since that is my sole reason for wanting the class.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin_of_Amber View Post
    Damn, that's a good point.

The only thing that interests me in Paladin is the Tyranny variant that gets Aura of Despair. Is there some non-Paladin way to get this?

My original answer to this was the CE Paladin, but that gets some crappy penalty to AC aura.
    Paladin of Freedom. There, solved.

12. - Top - End - #12

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Paladin of Freedom. There, solved.
    Even easier solution if you don't want that: Start as a chaotic character (Spirit Totem Lion Barbarian) and become lawful. You lose the ability to rage…you don’t lose your pounce.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtwasAwamps View Post
    Even easier solution if you don't want that: Start as a chaotic character (Spirit Totem Lion Barbarian) and become lawful. You lose the ability to rage…you don’t lose your pounce.
    That's a good idea, thank you.