New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Summoning XP

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Summoning XP

can you kill summoned monsters for xp?
    Why on earth do druids and monks have diplomacy?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Summoning XP

You don't get extra XP if they cast Unholy Blight, so why would you if they use summon monster instead?

I remember reading that somewhere...
    "If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint threw a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..." - Dennis, aged 37 - Executive Officer of the Week, Anarcho-syndicalist commune, somewhere in Britain.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Short answer No.

Long answer, if your facing a caster or a monster in combat and they summon a monster to help them or have a monster summoned before or somesuch? No xp.
    If the summoned monster IS the encounter. I.E. you break into a cultist stronghold and a summoned demon is waiting for you then maybe.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Short answer No.

Long answer, if your facing a caster or a monster in combat and they summon a monster to help them or have a monster summoned before or somesuch? No xp.
    If the summoned monster IS the encounter. I.E. you break into a cultist stronghold and a summoned demon is waiting for you then maybe.
    If a trap summons a monster then the monster is part of the trap CR. So, yes..
    "If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint threw a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..." - Dennis, aged 37 - Executive Officer of the Week, Anarcho-syndicalist commune, somewhere in Britain.