New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Looking for a short dungeon/adventure

Due to a massive amount of homework and a future project for my current campaign I haven't had the time to put anything together for this week's session. Luckily the campaign I'm running is centered around exploring an entirely new continent, so I can basically just put anything in there so I'm looking for a short, 1-2 session long prewritten dungeon/adventure for a level 1 group I can easily use while I get the future project together. Can anyone recommend me any such thing? A short dungeon crawl would probaly be ideal, my players love dungeons.

EDIT: Woohoo! I'm a bugbear now
    Last edited by Darwin; 2010-11-30 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguinePenguin View Post
    I am just saying that Nam seems crazy to Kohl even by violent, homeless, grave-robbing arsonist with a death wish standards.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Looking for a short dungeon/adventure

I am not sure how long it plays, but there is a lv1 intro adventure by wotc meant to bring you to lv3. End boss is a wyrmling black dragon. Anyone recall the name of that module?

Wotc has some free 1-shots here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...030530b&page=1

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Runestar View Post
    I am not sure how long it plays, but there is a lv1 intro adventure by wotc meant to bring you to lv3. End boss is a wyrmling black dragon. Anyone recall the name of that module?

Wotc has some free 1-shots here.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...030530b&page=1
    Yeah, I ended up finding those myself. The Burning Plague is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Thank you none the less
    I am just saying that Nam seems crazy to Kohl even by violent, homeless, grave-robbing arsonist with a death wish standards.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    The Burning Plague is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
    Pardon me chiming in, but,

I've put multiple groups through this dungeon, and nobody has yet to get through it alive. This dungeon is brutal.

So be careful. It's an amazing dungeon, but depending on how you DM it, it may be a little much for a lvl 1 party. Just my 2cp.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I've had real fun session running level 1 parties through A Dark and Stormy Knight and the module in the back of the Eberron Campaign Setting.

If people in the party are new to d&d, then A Dark and Stormy Knight is a great starting point.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    Pardon me chiming in, but,

I've put multiple groups through this dungeon, and nobody has yet to get through it alive. This dungeon is brutal.

So be careful. It's an amazing dungeon, but depending on how you DM it, it may be a little much for a lvl 1 party. Just my 2cp.
    Thanks for the warning, but brutal is my game, and the players are well aware of it. I should probaly tone down the final encounter. A level 5 cleric with 2 contagion spells prepared seem like a liiiiiittle too much for a group of level 1. The rest looks good, if not a little difficult

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

The One-page Dungeon Codex is great. And free. The individual dungeons are all over the place in terms of quality or style; but there's like 80 of them, and they're free.

8. - Top - End - #8

I just want to say that: "Burning Plague is amazing!!!"

It was my first D&D adventure ever, and it's still my favourite session to date

I would also suggest Something's Cooking, as you go up against THE best monster in the game.
    Credit to Bradakhan for the amazing avatar.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Scarey Nerd View Post
    I just want to say that: "Burning Plague is amazing!!!"

It was my first D&D adventure ever, and it's still my favourite session to date

I would also suggest Something's Cooking, as you go up against THE best monster in the game.
    I ran Something's Cooking as my session as a DM quite a few years back, and it was amazingly fun It does make it hard to maintain suspension of disbelief though.