New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Crafting Question

i have a Hellfire Warlock lvl 14, warlock 11/hellfire warlock 3, next level i get Imbue Item as a warlock speial ability, and im going to be picking up Craft Wonderous Item feat. I know a party member wants a Ring of Evasion, but since i wont have the Forge Ring feat, i was wondering what the cost to create some thing else of Evasion would be, like a Hat of Evasion.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crafting Question

According to the Body Slot Affinity section of the SRD, I would say Evasion either falls under protection (cloak, cape, mantle, amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace, periapt or scarab), physical improvement (shirt) or quickness (gloves). If your DM is OK with it, you should be able to make one of the above items of Evasion for the same price as the ring.

Alternatively, you could make in an unslotted item (maybe an Ioun Stone?) for double the usual cost.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Note that Magic of Incarnum has an evasion-granting soulmeld in the feet slot, although perhaps Incarnum isn't the most relevant point of reference here.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

A ring of evasion isn't a wondrous item, but as a DM I would be fine letting a character use the body slot affinities rules to apply Evasion to another body slot.

As per the SRD:

Wondrous items that don’t match the affinity for a particular body
    slot should cost 50% more than wondrous items that match the
    affinity
    So boots of evasion would be 37500gp. Expensive, but highly useful for characters with a high reflex save.

~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by balistafreak View Post
    Note that Magic of Incarnum has an evasion-granting soulmeld in the feet slot, although perhaps Incarnum isn't the most relevant point of reference here.

This would be the cheapest method. Shape Soulmeld feat instead of a magical item.
    Last edited by HunterOfJello; 2010-11-30 at 09:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Or even +50% in the semi-related body slots if your DM doesn't think they're a close enough fit. Or some compromise. Regardless you should be able to do it whether at normal price or an increased price.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)