New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default So how to match this up?

Ok So I'm trying to plan out a dungeon crusade setting.. The general storyline is that a group of Imperium troops(Preferably including a few of just about everything the Imperium has so the players have options) Arrived at a feral world, sensing disaster the Epic+1 mage rips the whole planet and surrounding space into a new dimension Trapping the Imperium guys but also stopping them from calling for help, killing himself in the process... A century or so later the Imperium troops control half the world and there is constant war between the highly magical D&D side and the Warhammer 40k side.

So how powerful should the D&D side be after a hundred years of war with the Imperium? How much Dakka is reasonable for the Imperium to have? I Had already decided that one crashed ship was converted into an enormous factory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: So how to match this up?

The answer to every campaign is... evenly matched. The PC's then get to be the tipping point.

Besides, the D+D half would have gotten the aid of a few extraplanar beings intent on seeing the imperials suffer. A diety of magic, one of temptation, one of death, and one of war... admittedly with a few drawbacks.

What game system are you running this in?
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.