New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Come in and help out!

With regards to the Ankheg, I personally would rule they make tunnels as wide and tall as their bodies. I'm not sure if there's a set tunnel size, though.
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-12-10 at 04:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    With regards to the Ankheg, I personally would rule they make tunnels as wide and tall as their bodies. I'm not sure if there's a set tunnel size, though.
    Well, as a large, long creature they get 5' tunnels. Maybe it's their reach?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

No speech for the Yellow musk creeper. The Purple Wurm doesn't get it (Last I checked anyway) and neither should the creeper.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kajhera View Post
    Well, as a large, long creature they get 5' tunnels. Maybe it's their reach?
    I have no idea. I think we need a second opinion on this.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Reach is about the way to do it, as from what I can recall most Long creatures (and now that I think about it, all creatures) are about as wide in terms of squares as their reach. I think. Don't quote me on that one though. XD
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-12-10 at 05:07 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought taking up 4 posts in this thread would be... inappropriate. The Half-golem.

It has about 68 material choices. And I'd be willing to add more, by request.

Tried to short-hand the format for Golemaic Weapon so it would fit in one post. It wouldn't. So I will reformat that, when I have more time.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

7. - Top - End - #247

Okay, Yellow Musk Creeper can now not speak.

Chump: Holy...! That's awesome! That's one heck of a monster class. I don't have time to read through every option right now, but I will later. So many options!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-12-10 at 05:17 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

8. - Top - End - #248

First thing:OMG!
    Second
    Magic Resistance: At third level the Successful Half-golem gains Spell Resistance equal to 10+HD+Constitution modifier, the Failed Half-golem gains Spell Resistance equal to 10+HD+Wisdom modifier. Spells that deal the elemental damage it has an affinity with bypass its Spell Resistance without the need to lower it.
    I think that this could be a bit to powerfull,It might be better as only(10+Hd) but if you want to keep the stat,I would recommend that you put it at 10+1/2HD +Con(succes) or wis(Failed)
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    First thing:OMG!
    Second

I think that this could be a bit to powerfull,It might be better as only(10+Hd) but if you want to keep the stat,I would recommend that you put it at 10+1/2HD +Con(succes) or wis(Failed)
    Uy, typo indeed. Thanks.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm proofing it all at the moment. Up to Half Mud material.

Well, not all, as I'm bound to miss stuff.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-12-10 at 06:02 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Construction Material
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adamantine- This material is incredibly indestructible, The Half Adamantine Golem’s Strength increases by an additional +2 and its natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier.Further when a Half Adamantine Golem gains Damage Reduction at third level, it gains additional DR equal to its strength modifier. A Half Adamantine Golem is immune to spells that normally effect metals, as that their body is timeless and concepts such as Rust, and Heat Metal, do nothing to them.

Alchemical- This material is exceptionally toxic. However it seems to strengthen the Half Alchemical Golem’s Body. The Half Alchemical Golem's Strength improves by an extra +2 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Any creature that damages the Half Alchemical Golem suffers 1d4 acid damage per 4 HD the Half Alchemical Golem has.
    Any creature in melee range?
    Amorphion Golem- This material is constantly changing, ever reshaping itself. The Half Amorphion Golem may add a +2 bonus to any one of its ability scores. It may reassign this bonus 1/day, as a standard action. Further the Half-Amorphion Golem may alter its appearance as per the spell Alternate Form 1/day per 4 HD as a Full Round Action, caster level equal to its HD.

Artillery- This material is designed for effect combat mobility, the Half Artillery Golem may slow any fall it takes to 30 feet per round, and does not take falling damage while conscious. Upon Reaching 5 HD the Half Artillery Golem may levitate as if it had cast the spell of same name upon itself for a total number of rounds per day equal to its HD+ Charisma modifier. It does not suffer the normal attack penalties for this levitating.
    Nice,Why no jetpack?
    Ash- This material is loose and easily airborne, creating quite a few problems for anyone standing near the Half Ash Golem. Any time the Half Ash Golem is damaged, it fills all squares adjacent to it with thick clouds of airborne Blistering Ash, causing a -2 penalty to Dexterity and vision based skill checks, attacks rolls, and Reflex Saves to all creatures within a square of airborne ash. Further, if the creature that did the damaging is in an adjacent square to the Half-Ash Golem, it suffers 1d4 points of fire damage per 4 HD the Half Ash Golem has. The Half-Sand Golem may also leave clouds of Ash behind it as part of a move action, filling any square moved through by the Half Ash Golem with this same airborne Ash. This ash dissipates three rounds after forming, and can be dissipated fast by wind effects. Further when a Half Ash Golem gains Damage Reduction at third level, it gains DR/ Adamantine and Bludgeoning.
    Why Admanitine?I dont really think that it fits well here.
    Assembly-
    This material is built of very small constructs that may be disassembled and reassembled at any time. As a move action the Half Assembly Golem may disassemble part of its Golem limb in order to produce multiple miniscule Assembly Golems that may form together to build larger creatures. This functions similarly to the Summon Monster spell of Caster Level equal to half the Half Assembly Golem’s HD, and it uses the following table. Like summon monster, a Half Assembly golem may summon 1d4-1 creatures of a lower tier than what it can currently summon, or 1d6+1 of any tier 2 or lower than it’s currently available one. A Half Assembly Golem may use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Wisdom modifier.

{table=head]Half Assembly Golem HD|Summoned Creatures
    1|Tiny Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    3|Small Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    5| Medium Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    7|Tiny Assembly Golem or Large Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    9|Small Assembly Golem
    11|Huge Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    13|Medium Assembly Golem
    15|Gargantuan Animated Object (Golem Shaped)
    17|Large Assembly Golem[/table]
    The Assembly Golem
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Block|Large Assembly Golem|Medium Assembly Golem|Small Assembly Golem|Tiny Assembly Golem
    Hit Dice:|11d10 (61 HP)| 5d10 (28 HP)| 3d10 (17 HP)| 2d10 (11 HP)
    Initiative:| -1| 0| +1| +2
    Speed:| 20ft|20ft|20ft|20ft
    Armor Class:|26 (-1 size, -1 Dex, + 18 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 26|22 (+12 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 22|17 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16|15 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+8/+21|+6/+11|+4/+3|+2/-5
    Attack:|Slam +16 melee (2d10+9)|Slam +11 melee (2d8+5)|Slam +8 melee (2d6+3)|Slam +5 melee (1d10+1)
    Full Attack:|2 Slams +16 melee (2d10+9)|2 Slams +11 melee (2d8+5)|2 Slams +8 melee (2d6+3)|2 Slams +5 melee (1d10+1)
    Space/Reach:|10ft/10ft|5ft/5ft|5ft/5ft|2.5ft/0ft
    Special Attacks:|Golem Assembly, Golem Disassembly |Golem Assembly, Golem Disassembly|Golem Assembly, Golem Disassembly|Golem Assembly, Golem Disassembly
    Special Qualities:|Construct traits, damage reduction 10/adamantine, darkvision 60ft, immunity to magic, low-light vision, Collective Assembly Golem Awareness|Construct traits, damage reduction 7/adamantine, darkvision 60ft, immunity to magic, low-light vision, Collective Assembly Golem Awareness|Construct traits, damage reduction 4/adamantine, darkvision 60ft, immunity to magic, low-light vision, Collective Assembly Golem Awareness|Construct traits, damage reduction 2/adamantine, darkvision 60ft, immunity to magic, low-light vision, Collective Assembly Golem Awareness
    Saves:|Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +4|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2|Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1|Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +1
    Abilities:|Str 28, Dex 8, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1|Str 20, Dex 10, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1|Str 16, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1|Str 12, Dex 14, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
    Skills:|-|-|-|-
    Feats:|-|-|-|-
    Environment:|Any|Any|Any|Any
    Organization:|Solitary or gang (2-4)|Solitary to gang (3-5)| trios or gang (4-8)|trios or mob (4-16)
    Challenge Rating:|9|6|4|3
    Treasure:|None|None|None|None
    Advancement:|-|-|-|-
    Level Adjustment|-|-|-|-[/table]

Nice,I like it.Though it might be strange to get a large golem from a medium sized half golem
    Battleglory- this material is built with the bones, weapons, armor, blood, and palpable stubbornness of the fallen warriors of Ysgard. The Half Battleglory Golem’s strength improves by an extra +2 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further the Half Battleglory Golem is treated as having the Die Hard feat, and its downward limit of Hp is increased by its HD. For a successful Half Battleglory golem its Death Threshold becomes -X (X=10+the Half Battleglory Golem’s HD), for a Failed Half Battleglory Golem it becomes -Y (Y=The Half Battleglory Golem’s HD)
    It's Okay but it aint to special.
    Birthday-Cake- This material comes with alchemical candles that grow naturally from the cake-like arm, the Half Birthday-Cake Golem gains a number of candles equal to half its HD. The Half Birthday-Cake Golem gains fast healing to the number of candles it has lit. These candles are particularly hard to put out. A character can blow out a Half Birthday-Cake Golem’s candles as a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity. The character makes a touch attack, and if successful, the character can blow out a number of candles equal to 1d20 + his Constitution modifier. A gust of wind works like a ranged attempt to blow out a birthday Golem’s candles, and thus requires a ranged touch attack. A gust of wind blows out 1d20+Primary casting ability score candles. As a swift action, a Half Birthday-Cake Golem can relight 1d6 candles.
    If all of the Birthday-Cake Golem’s candles are lit, it may extinguish them all as a swift action to grant a single targeted creature the benefits of ‘Heroes’ Feast’ caster level equal to its HD.
    I think a little light spell would be required.I also think that you should limit how many times you can use *heroes'feast*

Blood- This material is very strong but demands constant upkeep or else it becomes a hindrance. The character's strength score improves by an extra +4 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier, further, it can detect any creature within a 30 feet per HD range that has been injured or is actively bleeding, as if by the Scentspecial quality. The Blood Golem must consume an amount of blood equal to the water it requires each day, every day the Half Blood Golem does not consume such blood it must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+number of days since its Last Feeding) or grow weak. It loses 1 points of Strength each day it fails this save. It takes 1 minute of interrupted work with proper tools (cost 50 GP, not expended by this) and the body of a recently slain creature with blood (Which is consumed in this process, each creature offers a total amount of repairs equal to half its constitution score), and a successful heal, profession, or craft check the appropriate type with DC (18) to remove each point of Strength penalty. A Restoration spell will automatically recover the Strength damage and will Strength loss for 24 hours. The subject can repair itself but it takes double time. There's no penalty for failing these repair checks.
    Would things than sustain the creature without water work for the blood?
    Brain- This material resonates with psionic energy. The Half Brain Golem gains a deflection bonus to armor class equal to its Wisdom modifier, further it gains two additional power points per HD.
    Maybe allow it to get Some Psysic powers,Look at the Phrenic creature.
    Brass This material greatly improves the olfactory capabilities of the Half Brass Golem. The Half Brass Golem gains the Scent ability and gains a bonus on Survival checks (Including those made in Tracking) equal to its HD, it may make survival checks in the place of intelligence checks when attempting to navigate labyrinths and mazes, including those created by the Maze spell.
    Real boring and weak compared to the other ones.Maybe the spell ''Maze" or something like that.
    Butterscotch-Pudding- This material is extremely sticky making the subject a great walking mess. Any weapon that deals damage to a Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem becomes stuck to its skin, unless the wielder succeeds on a DC (10+1/2 The Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem’s HD + Strength modifier(con would be better) ) Reflex save. The weapon may be retrieved with a successful disarm check which the Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem receives a racial bonus to equal to half its HD. A Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem can spend a standard action to cover over a single weapon per round and hide it within its Limb, however the Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem may only have one item hidden within its limb at any given time. This item can only be retrieved if the Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem is unconscious and requires a Disarm check as if the Half Butterscotch-Pudding Golem is taking 10.

Cadaver-Collector- This material is built with fierce steel and cruel spikes, the Half Cadaver-Collector Golem is treated as having armor spikes of a creature one size larger than it is for all intents and purposes. It is naturally proficient with these armor spikes, further, the Half Cadaver-Collector Golem is considered a quadruped for carrying capacities.
    It gains spikes right?
    Caltrop- This spiky material is constantly falling apart, as such any square moved through by a Half Caltrop Golem is left covered in caltrops. These caltrops attack roll is equal to the Half Caltrop Golem’s attack roll, without any size bonuses or penalties. These caltrops deal 1d4 damage per 4 HD the Half Caltrop Golem has. The DC Heal check for these caltrops’ speed reduction is 10+1/2 The Half Caltrop Golem’s HD+ Strength Modifier. These disappear three rounds after forming. Further the Half Caltrop Golem is treated as having armor spikes for all intents and purposes. It is naturally proficient with these armor spikes.

Calzone- This material is exceptionally delicious, but always just a little too hot to bite into. Any time the Half Calzone Golem is damaged, it makes a splash attack that deals 1d4 fire damage per 4 HD it has. A Successful reflex save halves this damage to any creature except one that directly did the damaging in the first place. Further the cheese within a Half Calzone Golem is particularly sticky, any weapon that deals damage to a Half Calzone Golem becomes stuck to its skin, unless the wielder succeeds on a DC 10+1/2 The Calzone Golem’s HD + Strength reflex save. The weapon may be retrieved with a successful disarm check.
    Melee creature right?
    Carver-
    This material is intricately deft but requires constant maintenance or it may become a hindrance. The Half Carver Golem’s Dexterity improves by +4 and its bonus to natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further the Half Carver Golem gains a racial bonus on craft or profession checks involving woodworking or tree falling equal to its HD. However every time the Half Carver Golem takes Bludgeoning or Cold damage it must make a Fortitude save DC (10+ damage dealt) or it suffers a -1 penalty to Dexterity. Further damage taken increases this penalty by an extra -1 to Dexterity for every failed fortitude save. It takes 1 minute of interrupted work with proper tools (Which cost 50 GP, and are not expended by this) and a successful Craft (Cutlery) or other appropriate check (DC 18) to remove each point of Dexterity penalty. The Half Carver Golem can repair itself but it takes double time. There's no penalty for failing these profession checks.

Chain- This material is loose and dangly, but also very effective for defending against ranged attacks. A Half Chain Golem’s natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier, and a Half chain Golem gains it gains DR/- against all ranged attacks equal to its Strength Modifier. (At third level this is applied after its DR/Adamantine)

Chocolate- This material is tantalizingly aromatic to any creature that gets too close to the Half Chocolate Golem. Any creature within a range of 10 feet plus an extra 10 feet for every 4 HD the Half Chocolate Golem possesses must make a will save DC (10+1/2 The Half Chocolate Golem’s HD+ Wisdom Modifier) or behave ConfusionConfused[/url] for a number of rounds equal to the Half Chocolate Golem’s HD. A creature that succeeds on its save cannot be effected again by this ability. This is a mind-effecting affect that is scent dependent. (As such creatures who cannot smell are immune, and creatures with the Scent quality suffer a -4 circumstance penalty to their will save. Likewise Gnomes always suffer a -2 racial penalty to this will save.)

Clay- This material gives extra momentum to the Half Clay Golem. After it has engaged in at least one round of combat the Half Clay Golem can act as if it were under the effects of Haste. Activating this ability is a free-action, and lasts 1 round per HD and can be used once per day plus an extra use for every 4 HD the Half Clay Golem has. In addition, when the Half Clay Golem gains Damage Reduction at 2nd level, it gains DR Adamantine and Bludgeoning.

Coral- This material has impressive self-preservation properties. The subject gains fast healing equal to half its HD, further a Half Coral Golem’s jagged bone like structure grates against creatures it grapples automatically dealing damage equal to its slam natural attack, this is Slashing damage. However this material is very water dependent and A Half Coral Golem must immerse its entire body in water at least once every week or suffer ill effects. After a week has passed, the Half Coral Golem must make a Constitution check every day thereafter (DC 10+ 1 per additional day) or take 1 point of Strength damage. Once a Half Coral Golem immerses its body in water, it regains 1d4 points of Strength per hour it remains immersed.

Demon-flesh- This material is hewn from the bodies of the Flying terrors that hail from the Abyss. The Half Demon-Flesh Golem never suffers from falling damage and falls at a rate of 20 feet per round, even while unconscious its grafted wings snap open slowing its fall. Upon reaching 5 HD it gains the ability to glide 20 feet in any direction for every 10 feet it falls, its maneuverability is poor. Even if its maneuverability is improved to perfect, it cannot hover while gliding. Further the Half Demon Flesh Golem gains Darkvision 60 feet, this Darkvision works even in magical darkness.

Dragon-flesh- This material is exceptionally sensible to vibrations. The Half Dragon-flesh Golem gains Blindsight with a range of 10 feet plus an extra 10 feet for every 4 HD it has.

Fang- This material is highly natural, and has ties to the forces of nature. The Half Fang Golem gains a +2 bonus to wisdom, and may be treated as an animal, fey, or its normal type (whichever benefits it the most) for the purposes of spells cast on it. (This does not overcome a Construct’s immunity, or an Undead’s vulnerability, to cure spells.) Further the Half Fang Golem is treated as having armor spikes for all intents and purposes. It is naturally proficient with these armor spikes.

Fewmet- This material is extremely fertile in magical energy, but it is also most foul, The Half Fewmet Golem effectively gains an additional level, for purposes of Caster Level, Spells Known, and Ability to cast spells per day as if it had gained a level in any arcane casting class it had access to before taking its First level of Half Fewmet Golem, if it had more than one Arcane casting class before taking its First level of Half Fewmet Golem, it must select one to gain this benefit. If the Half Fewmet Golem did not have an Arcane Caster class before, or if it does not wish to increase said casting class, it gains this benefit as for a 1rst level Sorcerer. It only gains this increase at first level. Any creature successfully making a bite attack on the Half Fewmet Golem must pass a DC (10+1/2 The Half Fewmet Golem’s HD + Constitution Modifier) fortitude save, or suffer from the nauseated status for 1d4+1 rounds, even on a successful save they are sickened for 1 round.

Flesh- This material is heavy, and uncannily powerful, the Half Flesh Golem’s slam improves, it now deals 2d6+1.5 Strength Modifier damage (for a medium creature), further its critical is x3 rather than the usual x2. Further, the Half Flesh Golem may spend an hour with a dead creature to rob its flesh, to repair its body, recovering hp equal to 5 per HD the dead creature had. Because their bodies are whipstitched together, the Half Flesh Golem may be affected by skills such as Craft (Sewing) or Profession (Seamstress) as though they were the Heal skill.

Force- This material is naturally enigmatic, The Half Force Golem gains a deflection bonus to armor class equal to its Wisdom modifier, further it gains a bonus on bull-rush checks (including opposed strength checks) equal to its HD.

Gear – This material was deftly put in motion by the forces of Law itself, adamantine, Mithral, Silver and Marble make up gears, cogs, sprockets, and whirligigs that twist and turn within its complicated construction. The Half Gear Golem finds itself functioning at maximum efficiency, requiring half as much sleep or meditation each night, even to prepare spells, half as much food/water, and half as much air as other creatures (It may hold its breath twice as long as it could before.) Further it gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity. If the Half Gear Golem becomes a construct through the danger, this clockwork efficiency goes to its mind, granting it a +2 bonus to Wisdom. Further, the Half Gear Golem may make repairs on other Constructs without a craft check or tools, it effectively gains a Repair spell of equal level to half its HD usable a number of times per day equal to its wisdom modifier.

Gloom- This material is wrought of the very emotional ambiance of the lower planes, the sheer force of Evil and Wickedness override any auras the Half Gloom Golem would normally project. Any divination power that reveals alignment reveals only Evil about the Half Gloom Golem. All spells and effects that affect creatures based on alignment treat the Half Gloom Golem as if it were Evil or its own alignment, whichever would be better for the Half Gloom Golem. Further the Half Gloom golem radiates a terrible sadness, any creature within 5 feet per HD of the Half Gloom must make a DC (10+1/2 the Half Gloom Golem’s HD+ Wisdom Modifier) will save or suffer -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, ability checks and weapon damage rolls until it leaves this area. This is a mind-affecting Compulsion.

Grave-dirt- This material is unnaturally perverse, and tied directly to the necromantic energies that can be found within defiled crypts. As a full round action that provokes an attack of opportunity, the Half Grave-Dirt Golem may vomit out an Undead creature as per the Summon Monster spell of level equal to half the Half Grave-Dirt Golem’s HD, except it uses the following table. A Half Grave-Dirt Golem may use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Wisdom modifier. Treat the Half Grave-Dirt Golem’s HD as the Caster Level. This is a supernatural ability.

{table=head]Spell|Undead
    Summon Monster I| Any Small 1 HD Creature Zombie, Any Medium 1 HD Creature Skeleton
    Summon Monster II| Any Large 3 HD Creature Zombie, Any Large Skeleton of up to 5 HD.
    Summon Monster III|Ghoul, Any Large Skeleton of up to 7 HD, Any Large 4 HD Creature Zombie
    Summon Monster IV| Huge Skeleton of up to 9 HD, Allip, Ghast, Any 7 HD Creature Zombie
    Summon Monster V| Skeleton of up to 11 HD any size, Mummy, Shadow, Vampire Spawn, Wight
    Summon Monster VI| Skeleton of up to 12 HD any size, Any 8 HD Creature Zombie of any size, Vampire (L.5 Human Fighter)
    Summon Monster VII| Skeleton of up to 14 HD any size, Any Creature Zombie of any size, Ghost (L.5 Human Fighter),
    Summon Monster VIII| Skeleton of up to 17 HD any size.
    Summon Monster IX| Skeleton of Any Size. [/table]
    Zombie’s HD are doubled, so a 3 HD Creature Zombie will have 6 HD.

Hangman- This material has impressive self-preservation properties but requires constant maintenance. The subject gains fast healing equal to half its HD. Further the Half Hangman Golem gains a racial bonus to Climb, Use Rope, Profession (Sailor) and Profession (Hangman) checks equal to half its HD. However every time the Half Hangman Golem takes slashing or fire damage it must make a Fort save DC (10+ damage dealt) or it takes a -1 penalty to Dexterity. Further damage taken increases this penalty by an extra -1 to Dexterity for every failed save. It takes 1 minute of interrupted work with proper tools (cost 50 GP, not expended by this) and a successfully profession or craft check the appropriate type with DC (18) to remove each point of Dexterity penalty. The Half Hangman Golem can repair itself but it takes double time. There's no penalty for failing these repair checks. A repair spell of any level instantly recovers an equal amount of Dexterity damage to the Hp damage it recovers.

Hellfire- This material is wrought from the very fires of the seven hells, The Half Hellfire Golem's Dexterity improves by an extra +2 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Any creature that damages the Half hellfire Golem suffers 1d4 fire damage per 4 HD the Half Hellfire Golem has.

Homunculus – This material is often made from clay and the blood of the very person who is to receive the Limb. A Half Homunculus Golem never fails their The Danger will save unless the participant wills it do so, further the Homunculus limb has almost a secondary awareness to it, granting the subject a +2 bonus to Dexterity.

Ice- This material is mined from the eternal mountain that holds ancient evils deep within its ice. The Half Ice Golem's Strength improves by an extra +2 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Any creature that damages with a melee attack the Half Ice Golem suffers 1d4 cold backlash damage per 4 HD the Half Ice Golem has.

Inevitable- This material is the flesh of Law itself, steal, ivory, brass and marble stolen from those who exist to maintain Order. The sheer force of Order and Law override any auras the Half Inevitable Golem would normally project. Any divination power that reveals alignment reveals only Lawful about the Half Inevitable Golem. All spells and effects that affect creatures based on alignment treat the Half Inevitable Golem as if it were Lawful or its own alignment, whichever would be better for the Half Inevitable Golem. The natural abortion of deceit runs hot within the inevitable limb, causing a tangible pain in the subject that assists with dealing with such trickery. The Half Inevitable Golem receives a racial bonus on all checks that it makes opposed by a bluff check.

Inquisition- This material is exceptionally cruel, and capable of silencing the cries of its opponents. Once per day per 2 HD the Half Inquisition Golem has the Half Inquisition Golem may use Silence center on itself as a SLA, caster level equal to its HD. Will save DC equal to 10+Half the Half Inquisition Golem’s HD + Wisdom Modifier. Further, as a swift action the Half Inquisition Golem may equip any tool found inside Healing kit, or that may be particularly vicious, granting the Half Inquisition Golem a racial bonus to Heal and Intimidate checks equal to half its HD.

Iron- This material is incredibly strong but demands constant maintenance or it may become a hindrance. The Half Iron Golem’s Strength improves by +4 and its bonus to natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further the Half Iron Golem gains a racial stability bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped equal to half its HD. However every time the Half Iron Golem takes Bludgeoning or Cold damage it must make a Fortitude save DC (10+ damage dealt) or it suffers a -1 penalty to Strength. Further damage taken increases this penalty by an extra -1 to Strength for every failed fortitude save. It takes 1 minute of interrupted work with proper tools (Which cost 50 GP, and are not expended by this) and a successful profession (Blacksmith) or other appropriate check (DC 18) to remove each point of Strength penalty. The Half Iron Golem can repair itself but it takes double time. There's no penalty for failing these profession checks.

Junk- This material gains its strength from already being damaged and destroyed refuse, A Half Junk Golem is immune to spells that normally effect metals or other specific materials, as that that their materials are not depended on any specific make-up, further the Half Junk Golem suffers half damage from any spell that directly damages constructs or objects.

Juggernaught- This material is made for constant battle, The Half Juggernaught Golem gains fast healing equal to half its HD, as well as natural armor equal its full constitution modifier. Further the Half Juggernaught Golem is treated as having the Die Hard feat, and its downward limit of Hp is increased by its HD. For a successful Half Juggernaught golem its Death Threshold becomes - (10+the Half Juggernaught Golem’s HD), for a Failed Half Juggernaught Golem it becomes - (The Half Juggernaught Golem’s HD)

Magmacore- This material is a mix of metal, stone, and molten earth, and is particularly difficult to contain, as such any square moved through by a Half Magmacore Golem is left covered in molten earth. These squares of Molten earth are considered difficult terrain, and slow land movement speeds as if it were two squares. Further any creature entering or standing in a square of molten earth suffers 1d4 points of fire damage per 4 HD the Half Magmacore Golem has. These squares of molten earth dissolve and cool three rounds after forming. Further the Half Magmacore Golem gains a bonus to natural armor class equal to its full constitution modifier.

Mindstrike- This material is wrought of boiling blood, and the screaming manias derived from the pandemonium. The sheer force of Madness and Chaos override any auras the Subject projects. Any divination power that reveals alignment reveals only Chaos about the Half Mindstrike Golem. All spells and effects that affect creatures based on alignment treat the Half Mindstrike Golem as if it were Chaotic or its own alignment, whichever would be better for the Half Mindstrike Golem. The madness and continuing shrieks that echo in the Half Mindstrike Golem’s head renders it immune to all moral, fear, and confusion effects.

Mud- This simple material is gooey and somehow slippery at the same time, as such any square moved through by a Half Mud Golem is left covered in Sticky-slippery Mud. This mud entangles any creatures that walk into its space, any such creature must make a balance check DC (10+1/2 the Half Mud Golem’s HD+Strength modifier) or fall prone, directly after which, weather successful or not, the creature must make a Reflex save of equal DC or be glued in place. A strength check of equal DC breaks the creature free. This mud lasts for 3d4 rounds. Further the Half Mud Golem gains a racial bonus on all disarm checks equal to half its HD.

Mithral- This material is uncannily light and durable. After it has engaged at least in one round of combat the Half Mithral Golem can act as if it were under the effects of haste. Activating this ability is a free-action, and lasts 1 round per HD and can be used once per day plus an extra use for every 4 HD the half Mithral Golem has. In addition the Half Mithral Golem gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, and all of its base speeds increase by 10 feet.

Nimblewright- This material is uncannily light and durable. After it has engaged at least in one round of combat the Half Nimblewright Golem can act as if it were under the effects of haste. Activating this ability is a free-action, and lasts 1 round per HD and can be used once per day plus an extra use for every 4 HD the half Nimblewright Golem has. In addition the Half Nimblewright’s slam attack is replaced with a ‘rapier-hand’ attack, which functions much like a monk’s unarmed attack in that it is both a natural weapon and a light manufactured weapon. This attack deals 1d8 piercing damage, and has critical threat range of 18-20/x2.

Outer- This material is made from metals from planes unknown by even the wisest of wizards. The Half Outer Golem’s natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier and when a Half Outer Golem gains Damage Reduction at third level, it gains additional DR equal to its Strength modifier. Further the Half Outer Golem gains a bonus equal to its HD to all saves against divination spells, clairsentience powers, and all teleportation effects.

Peanut-Butter- This Material is different depending upon the Brand of the Peanut-Butter Golemaic graft, the Half Peanut-Butter Golem gains a one of the following material traits at first level, this decision may not be changed after first level.

Jif: After it has engaged at least in one round of combat the Half Jif Peanut-Butter Golem can act as if it were under the effects of haste. Activating this ability is a free-action, and lasts 1 round per HD and can be used once per day plus an extra use for every 4 HD the half Jiff Peanut-Butter Golem has. In addition the Half Jif Peanut-Butter Golem gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, and all of its base speeds increase by 10 feet.

Peter Pan: The Half Peter Pan Peanut-Butter Golem is continuously affected as if by Feather Fall spell. Further it may fly for a number of rounds per day equal to its HD at a speed of 60 feet with average maneuverability. These rounds may be used all at once or interspersed across the day.

Plumpy'nut: Once per day the Half Plumpy'nut Peanut-Butter Golem may increase in size by one size category as the Enlarge Person spell, treat the Half Plumpy'nut Peanut-Butter Golem’s HD as caster level.

Reese’s: There's no one way to attack a Half Reese’s Peanut-Butter Golem. It gains immunity to either one damage type (Slashing, Bludgeoning, Piercing, Fire, Acid, Electricity ect.) or one Material (Silver, Adamantine, Cold Iron, Ect.) type, chosen by the last attack to damage it before it's turn.

Skippy: The Half Skippy Peanut-Butter Golem moves erratically so that in any round it moves more than five feet all attacks against it are assessed a 20% miss-chance. This is not the same as concealment. It also gains a racial bonus to jump checks equal to its HD.

Adam’s: The Half Adam’s Peanut-Butter Golem is exceptionally good for the Half Adam’s Peanut Butter Golem’s health, but requires constant restirring. The Half Adam’s Peanut-Butter Golem’s Constitution improves by an extra +4 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further the Half Adam’s Peanut-Butter Golem gains a bonus on escape artist checks equal to its HD. However every day it must make a Fortitude save (DC 15+number of days since maintenance) or start to separate. It loses 1 point of Constitution each day it fails this save. It takes 1 minute of interrupted work with proper tools (cost 50 GP, not expended by this) and a successful profession or craft check the appropriate type with DC (18) to remove each point of Constitution penalty. A purify food and drink spell will automatically recover the Constitution damage and will prevent separation for 24 hours. The subject can repair itself but it takes double time. There's no penalty for failing these repair checks.

Perfector- This material is gathered in peaceful planes and is designed to resonate tranquility. Any Humanoid or Outsider type creature within a range of 5 feet plus an extra 5 feet for every 4 HD the Half Perfector Golem possesses must make a will save DC (10+1/2 The Half Perfector Golem’s HD+ Wisdom Modifier) or be effected as if by a Calm Emotions effect, Caster level equal to the Half Perfector Golem’s HD. Further, upon reaching 4 HD the Half Perfector Golem may use Remove Disease as a spell like ability 1/week per 4 HD it possesses.

Piñata- This material is filled with wonderful delicious candies. The Half Piñata Golem gains fast healing equal to half its HD, however it may willing stop this fast healing for 1 round in order to produce a handful of candy. This functions as a Goodberry spell of Caster Level equal to the Half Piñata Golem’s HD, except it requires no material component, and produces a number of ‘good-candies’ equal to its constitution modifier. It may use this ability a number of times per day equal to its HD.

Plague- This grisly material is the monkey-stitched result of a recent outbreak of disease, various parts of sickly corpses are unceremoniously bound to create this limb. The Half Plague Golem gains racial bonus on saves against all diseases, including supernatural diseases, equal to its HD. If it defeats any disease by natural means, including having aid from a heal check, the Half Plague Golem becomes immune to that disease, any becomes a carrier of said disease but has no means to spread them (yet). Further because their bodies are whipstitched together, the Half Plague Golem may be affected by skills such as Craft (Sewing) or Profession (Seamstress) as though they were the Heal skill.

Prismatic- This material is constructed out of a mixture of energy types, allowing the Half Prismatic Golem may change the energy that heals it via ‘Prototype’ once every 24 hours, This process requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration. Further the Half Prismatic Golem gains a +2 to Wisdom.

Replicant- This material is naturally simple, and quickly cobbled together. The Half Replicant Golem’s Strength improves by an extra +2 and its Natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further, as a swift action the Half Replicant Golem may equip any tool that may be used in the creation of golems’ bodies, granting the Half Replicant Golem a racial bonus to all Craft checks equal to half its HD.

Rubber-Chicken- This material is strangely bouncy and crafted of odd alchemical substances. The Half Rubber-Chicken Golem gains immunity to crushing and falling damage, and gains a bonus on swim checks to remain afloat or to travel towards the surface of the water equal to its HD. In addition, when the Half Rubber-Chicken Golem gains Damage Reduction at 2nd level, it gains DR Adamantine and Piercing.

Sand- This material is loose and easily airborne, creating quite a few problems for anyone standing near the Half-Sand Golem. Any time the Half Sand Golem is damaged, it fills all squares adjacent to it with thick clouds of airborne sand, causing a -4 penalty to Dexterity and Vision based skill checks, attacks rolls, and Reflex Saves to all creatures within a square of airborne sand. Further, if the creature that did the damaging is in an adjacent square to the Half-Sand Golem, it must make a Reflex save DC (10+1/2 The Half Sand Golem’s HD+Strength Modifier) or be blinded for as long as the Sand Cloud lasts. The Half-Sand Golem may also leave clouds of sand behind it as part of a move action, filling any square moved through by the Half Sand Golem with this same airborne sand. This sand dissipates three rounds after forming, and can be dissipated fast by wind effects. Further when a Half Sand Golem gains Damage Reduction at third level, it gains DR/ Adamantine and Bludgeoning.

Sentinel of Mithardir- This material is forged from the Ire of the Storm gods, The Half Sentinel of Mithardir Golem's Dexterity improves by an extra +2 and its Natural Armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Any creature that damages the Half Sentinel of Mithardir Golem with a melee attack suffers 1d4 points of electricity back-lash damage per 4 HD the Half Sentinel of Mithardir Golem has.

Shacklelock- This material is loose and dangly, but also very effective for binding and holding on to what it needs to hold. A Half Shacklelock Golem’s natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier, further it gains a bonus on grapple checks, opposing disarmed checks, and strength checks to hold its ground (Against such attacks as Bull-rush attempts, or Trip attacks) equal to half its HD.

Shadesteel- This material was mined and forged entirely on the plane of shadow, granting the Half Shadesteel Golem the ability to blend into the shadows. In any lighting condition less than Full light, (Low-light, Darkness, ect.) the Shadesteel Golem gains a bonus on Hide checks equal to half its HD, further the Half Shadesteel Golem gains a +2 bonus to Strength.

Shield-Guardian- This material has been magically treated for certain purposes. 1/day per 4 HD the Half Shield-Guardian Golem has it may cast Shield Other as a spell like ability, Caster level equal to the Half Shield-Guardian Golem’s HD. The Half Shield-Guardian may store one in its body, either ‘peacefully’ cast into it by a willing creature, or any spell that has failed to overcome the Half Shield- Guardian Golem’s Spell Resistance. It may only have one spell within it at any given time, but it may immediately drop an old spell for a new available spell. It may cast this spell at any time, however while this spell is cast from the Half shield-guardian Golem, it’s Caster Level and DCs are all based on the original caster. A Half-Shield-guardian Golem may only store spells of levels up to 1/2 its HD.

I've done a bit,More will be reviewed when i get the time.
    EDIT: I hate the 50000 character limit
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-12-10 at 06:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

Any creature in melee range?
    Intended to note that. Yes.

Why Admanitine?I dont really think that it fits well here:
    Part of the Half Golem In general.

Why no Jetpack?
    Levitate?

Nice,I like it.Though it might be strange to get a large golem from a medium sized half golem
    I invision a bunch of tiny golems crawling off of the Half-Golem and assembling a Large Golem.

Battle-glory: Suggestions?

EDIT: Tell me about it. I loath limits today.
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-12-10 at 06:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

Second part
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer- This material is filled with resonating chambers, and various instrument like mechanisms. The Half Trainer Golem is capable of using its body as any musical instrument that it has 4 or more ranks in Perform (That instrument) for any task that requires one. This does not require the use of its hands as that the noise is created internally. The Half Trainer Golem effectively gains an additional level, for purposes of Caster Level, Spells Known, and Ability to cast spells per day and Bardic Music as if it had gained a level in Bard for each level of Half Golem it takes, if the Half Trainer Golem did not have Bard class before it gains this benefit as for a 1rst level Bard.
    A bit to powerfull,your giving them another class.

Warforged- This material is made from the body of a Living Construct, designed to mirror the Half Warforged Golem’s own species, it is naturally strong and the Half Warforged Golem gains a +2 bonus to Strength, and suffers only a -2 penalty to disguise its grafted nature. Further, the naturally living state of the Warforged material makes it easier to graft, reducing the Will save DC of The Danger Ritual by 5.
    There already a graft to get a warforge arm, Not sure what book though.
    Web- This material is extremely sticky and surprisingly strong. Any weapon that deals damage to a Half Web Golem becomes stuck to its skin, unless the wielder succeeds on a DC (10+ 1/2 The Half Web Golem’s HD + Strength) Reflex save. The weapon may be retrieved with a successful disarm check which the Half Web Golem receives a racial bonus to equal to half its HD. Further the Half Web Golem gains a continual Spider Climb effect, as well as slow-falling for a distance equal to 10 feet per HD the Half Web Golem possesses.
    No love for spider man?(web slinging)
    Woodwrath- This material was bound together in the outer planes of the wild. The Half Woodwrath Golem gains a +2 bonus to Constitution, further any square moved through by a Half Woodwrath Golem is left covered in Overgrown wild assassin-vine like plants. These plants never become fully grown, but they do entangle any creature that walks into their space, and attempt to Hold fast the creature there. The creature must make an opposed strength check in order to exit any such square, use the Woodwrath Golem’s strength for this opposed check. These overgrown plants last for three rounds after forming.
    Do these plant hold the half golem?
    Worker- This material is built with heavy labor in mind, The Half Worker Golem’s Strength increases by an additional +2 and its natural armor increases to equal its constitution modifier. Further when the Half Worker Golem is considered one size larger for purposes of lifting and carrying capacities, as well the Half Worker Golem gains a bonus on all Profession checks involving construction and heavy labor, and Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) checks.

Well that the second finshed part of my review,Now i got to go to the first part.
    Anyways I made some adjustements for my Maug.

Edit:
    Levitate?
    Levitate gives them the fly ability but It's not the same as a jet pack
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-12-10 at 06:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Were-Elemental (Water)

Hybrid Form-

Full-Alternate Form-

Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisites:
    To become a Were-Elemental (Water), the character must meet the following requirements...

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Were-Elemental (Water).

HD: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Water Elemental, Water Elemental Empathy, Lunar body, Waves Sense, Whirlpool

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form (Hybrid), Lunar hide

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | +1 Dex or Con, Drown, Size

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Curse of Magucanthropy, Flow [/table]
    Skills Points at Each Level: 2+Int mod
    Class Skills: The Were-Elemental (Water)’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Handle Animal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Move Silently (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex)

Proficiencies: A Were-Elemental (Water) gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Were-Elemental (Water).

Lunar Body: Were-Elemental (Water) retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. They gain Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Were-Elemental (Water) gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Were-Elemental (Water) gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Were-Elemental (Water) gains a Medium Water Elemental Alternate Form. While in Water Elemental form, the Were-Elemental (Water) cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands or feet, but gains two slam attacks dealing 1d8+Str mod damage. While in Water Elemental form the Were-Elemental (Water)’s movement speeds are a base land speed of 20ft and a swim speed of 30ft+10ft/size category above medium.

At second level, the Were-Elemental (Water) can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between it's Water Elemental form and it's Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Were-Elemental (Water) gains the natural attacks of Water Elemental form, as well as the same movement speeds, however the Were-Elemental (Water) retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Were-Elemental (Water) can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Were-Elemental (Water), or for every two in another class, the Were-Elemental (Water)'s Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table]Were-Elemental (Water) Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Dex
    2|+1 Dex, +1 Con
    3|+2 Dex, +1 Con
    4|+3 Dex, +1 Con
    5|+3 Dex, +2 Con
    6|+4 Dex, +2 Con
    7|+5 Dex, +2 Con
    8|+5 Dex, +3 Con
    9|+6 Dex, +3 Con
    10|+7 Dex, +3 Con
    11|+7 Dex, +4 Con
    12|+8 Dex, +4 Con
    [/table]

Water Elemental Empathy: The Were-Elemental (Water) can communicate with Water Elementals, and other Aquan speaking Animals, regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Beasts, however the Were-Elemental (Water) gains no such bonus on influencing Animals.

Wave Sense: Beginning at first level the Were-Elemental (Water), while in Water Elemental form, gains Tremer-sense out to 5ft/HD in water and half that distance on land and gains a bonus on Escape Artist checks equal to its HD. At second level the Were-Elemental (Water) gains the full benefits of Wave Sense regardless of form.

Whirlpool: The elemental can transform itself into a whirlpool once every 10 minutes, provided it is underwater, and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD it has. In vortex form, the elemental can move through the water or along the bottom at its swim speed. The vortex is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and 10 feet or more tall, depending on the elemental’s size. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet.

The elemental’s movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.

Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage when caught in the vortex (see table for details) and may be swept up by it. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save when it comes into contact with the vortex or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents, automatically taking damage each round. An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex. The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the vortex’s effects varies with the elemental’s size. The save DC is Strength-based.

Creatures trapped in the vortex cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex’s volume.

The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be. A summoned elemental always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.

If the vortex’s base touches the bottom, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.

Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

An elemental in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

{table=head]Size|Damage|Height|Save DC

Medium|1d8|10-30ft|10+1/2HD+Con mod

Large|1d10|10-40ft|12+1/2HD+Con mod

Huge|2d6|10-50ft|14+1/2HD+Con mod

Gargantuan|2d8|10-60ft|17+1/2HD+Con mod

Colossal|2d10|10-70|20+1/2HD+Con mod
    [/Table]

Lunar Hide: At second level, while in either Water Elemental or Hybrid form, the Were-Elemental (Water) gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Were-Elemental (Water) gains a +1 increase to either Dexterity or Constitution in all forms.

Size: At third level, a Were-Elemental (Water)’s Water Elemental or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Were-Elemental (Water) chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When a Were-Elemental (Water) changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Were-Elemental (Water) gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Were-Elemental (Water) of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Were-Elemental (Water) of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Were-Elemental (Water) of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Drown: At third level the Were-Elemental (Water) gains the ability to drown an opponent. Any creature that is in the Were-Elemental (Water)'s square must make a Reflex save or be trapped in the Were-Elemental (Water). While a creature is in the Were-Elemental (Water) it must make a Will save to regain focus and an opposing swim check to the grapple check of the Were-Elemental (Water). If the opposing check fails the creature must make a Fortitude save against another grapple check or become unconscious, a creature may only stay conscious inside the Were-Elemental (Water) for it's Con mod rounds (min=1). If a creature is unconscious, it dies in one round, unless saved by their ally as a Full-Round action, that leaves both in the next square closest to you, the drowned creature has -1 HP. This is a Class Feature that only functions while it is in Water Elemental Alternate Form.

Flow: At fourth level the Were-Elemental (Water) gains the ability to flow between forms, it may switch between Hybrid and Alternate form as a free action at will and may switch from Huminoid to Hybrid one step quicker, becoming a free action at 20HD and doesn't provoke an AoO when changing at all, when changing from Huminoid to Hybrid or Hybrid to Alternate Form.

Curse of Magucanthrope: At fourth level the Were-Elemental (Water) can transmit Magucanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of (the same sizes as the Prerequisites for this class) is hit by the Were-Elemental (Water)’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Were-Elemental (Water)’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Magucanthropy. Magucanthropy Functions exactly as Magucanthropy except as noted above. For more information on Magucanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

May I request that I make the other Were-Elements? I sort of want them as my own creations...
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-12-10 at 08:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Also Chump,
    Warforged- Warforged grafts are highly adaptable, and are easily modified, the Half-Warforged Golem gains 1 graft upgrade selected from the Marut Monster Class instead of a Golem weapon.
    What? Work in progress, or has it been lost, or am I blind? @.@

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

A Were-Elemental? what is the Animal form and the Hybrid form? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    A Were-Elemental? what is the Animal form and the Hybrid form? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
    Ya... Get technical about a game you stab a dragon with your fourth arm while shooting fire out of the rest

Edit: The Hybrid looks like the picture, a human made of water, while the water elemental looks like a living wave, with it's lowers half split and two mini waves as arms, with a creepy troll face where his chest should be...

Last edited by Rumel; 2010-12-10 at 07:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

It kind of does make a difference, ChumpLump said somewhere that the creature needs to be feral to give it that mutant I'm-not-totally-human-cause-I-turn-into-this-freaky-think-at-night feeling.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

It kind of does make a difference, ChumpLump said somewhere that the creature needs to be feral to give it that mutant I'm-not-totally-human-cause-I-turn-into-this-freaky-think-at-night feeling.
    I fixed the problem in my edit /\

Edit: I talked to ChumpLump and already got his O.K.
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-12-10 at 08:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Small thing I noticed, d10 is too big of a HD for this.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Small thing I noticed, d10 is too big of a HD for this.
    Fixed it... Would d10 or d12 be appropriate for Earth?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

No critiques for the Scorpion or Water Elemental?

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    No critiques for the Scorpion or Water Elemental?
    Be patient. There are many monsters who have been up there longer and have either gotten no or very few critiques. I know that I'm personally slowly working my way down the unfinished list, from the top, and trying to nominate or critique each monster in turn.

Maybe you should do the same? Critiquing and nominating other people's monsters will encourage them to help you with yours (See the first post!)
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Be patient. There are many monsters who have been up there longer and have either gotten no or very few critiques. I know that I'm personally slowly working my way down the unfinished list, from the top, and trying to nominate or critique each monster in turn.

Maybe you should do the same? Critiquing and nominating other people's monsters will encourage them to help you with yours (See the first post!)
    I kind of feel I shouldn't critique fully until I get a monster accepted, but if you say I should... I'll be the best critiquer in the forum!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Might as well continue the Weremadness then. Magucanthropy powers, away!

WereRemorhaz

Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisites:
    To become a WereRemorhaz, the character must meet the following requirements:

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Wereremorhaz.

HD: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | Alternate form Remorhaz, Remorhaz Empathy, Lunar body, Remorhaz Traits, Heat

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Alternate form (Hybrid), Lunar hide

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | +1 Wis, Multi-Legged, Size

4th|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Curse of Magucanthropy, Burrow

5th|
    +5
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Clever Traps, Improved Grab

6th|
    +6
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Swallow Whole

7th|
    +7
    |
    +1
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | Remorhaz Rage[/table]

Skills Points at Each Level: 2+Int mod
    Class Skills: The Wereremorhaz’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Handle Animal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Knowledge (Dungeoneering)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex)

Proficiencies: A Wereremorhaz gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Wereremorhaz.

Lunar Body: Wereremorhaz retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. They gain Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Wereremorhaz gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Wereremorhaz gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Wereremorhaz gains a Medium Remorhaz Alternate Form. While in Remorhaz form, the Wereremorhaz cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains a bite attack dealing 1d8+Str mod damage and two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str damage. While in Remorhaz form the Wereremorhaz’s movement speeds are a base land speed of 30ft.

At second level, the Wereremorhaz can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between it's Remorhaz form and it's Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Wereremorhaz gains the natural attacks of the Remorhaz form, as well as the movement speeds, however the Wereremorhaz retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Wereremorhaz can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Wereremorhaz, or for every two in another class, the Wereremorhaz's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table]Wereremorhaz Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Con
    2|+1 Con, +1 Dex
    3|+2 Con, +1 Dex
    4|+3 Con, +1 Dex
    5|+3 Con, +2 Dex
    6|+4 Con, +2 Dex
    7|+5 Con, +2 Dex
    8|+5 Con, +3 Dex
    9|+6 Con, +3 Dex
    10|+7 Con, +3 Dex
    11|+7 Con, +4 Dex
    12|+8 Con, +4 Dex
    13|+8 Con, +5 Dex
    [/table]

Water Elemental Empathy: The Wereremorhaz can communicate with Remorhazes, and other arctic worms regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Beasts, however the Wereremorhaz gains no such bonus on influencing Animals.

Remorhaz Traits: Beginning at first level the Wereremorhaz, while in Alternate form, gains Scent and gains a bonus on hide checks equal to its HD in snowy, bright, or white areas. At second level the Wereremorhaz gains the full benefits of Wave Sense regardless of form.

Heat: A Remorhaz is known for the intense heat it generates from it's body in combat. Unarmed creatures attacking a Wereremorhaz or anything touching it takes 1d6 fire damage, add another 1d6 per 2 HD. At 10 HD the Wereremorhaz's heat is so intense it burns away at nearly anything. Any non-magical object the Wereremorhaz touches in battle and if the Wereremorhaz wills to melt it must make a (10+1/2 HD+Con) save or be destroyed.

Lunar Hide: At second level, while in either Water Elemental or Hybrid form, the Were-Elemental (Water) gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Wereremorhaz gains a +1 increase to Wisdom in all forms.

Size: At third level, a Wereremorhaz’s Water Elemental or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Wereremorhaz chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When a Wereremorhaz changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Wereremorhaz gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Wereremorhaz of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereremorhaz of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereremorhaz of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Multi-Legged: At third level a Wereremorhaz in Animal form learns to use it's multiple legs to full effect. It gains a +2 bonus to grapple and climb checks. In addition, it gains a Rake attack only useable while grappling. On a successful grapple check, the Wereremorhaz deals 2d6 damage to a grappled foe.

Burrow: At fourth level the Wereremorhaz uses it's Humanoid and Remorhaz characteristics to burrow. It gains a burrow speed equal to 2/3rds his land speed (round down) in Hybrid form. In addition, his heat makes it so that anyone that enters them automatically takes his heat damage.

Curse of Magucanthrope: At fourth level the Wereremorhaz can transmit Magucanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of (the same sizes as the Prerequisites for this class) is hit by the Wereremorhaz’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Wereremorhaz’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Magucanthropy. Magucanthropy Functions exactly as Magucanthropy except as noted above. For more information on Magucanthropy, check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Clever Traps:A Wereremorhaz of fifth level can use to full effect his burrowing powers in alternate form. He can burrow and make an area up to Large size unstable as a full round action as long as no-one is already standing in it. Anyone that enters it breaks the surface and falls 20 feet. Once inside the pit, the creature is subject to the Wereremorhaz's heat for three rounds.

Improved Grab: A fifth level Werermorhaz gains Improved Grab in Alternate form.

Swallow Whole: A sixth level Wereremorhaz is capable of swallowing his opponents whole. If he succeeds on a grapple check while grappling an opponent in alternate form, he swallows him whole. Once inside, an opponent can break out by dealing damage equal to 1/4 the Wereremorhaz's HP to it's stomach, which has an AC equal to the Wereremorhaz flat-footed. Creatures inside the Remorhaz take acid damage equal to the Wereremorhaz's heat damage and 1d6 bludgeoning damage per 5 HD.

Remorhaz Rage A Wereremorhaz of seventh level has rage so intense it keeps him alive after huge blows. He gains Fast Healing equal to his HD in all forms. He also can keep himself alive through burning rage. He stays conscious even after going below 0 HP, but still dies if he hits -10.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just crazy right now so I made this, don't know how weak/strong it is at this point.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-12-11 at 12:10 PM.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Do we have a plain old remorhaz class? My boyfriend, again, asked about it.

Your remorhaz can change into a water elemental.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Do we have a plain old remorhaz class? My boyfriend, again, asked about it.

Your remorhaz can change into a water elemental.
    Fixed it up, thanks

EDIT: No, I just checked, there is no Remorhaz class in either thread.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-12-10 at 10:03 PM.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Fixed it up, thanks

EDIT: No, I just checked, there is no Remorhaz class in either thread.
    Then I'll request it, I mean, if we're going to have a were-class. Won't work on it myself unless I actually take a look at it, though.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Grell

Spoiler
    Show

Grell: A base character class.

Hit Dice: d8

{table] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +0 | +0 | +0 | +2 | Aberrant Body, Electric Nature, Blindsight, Paralyzing Tentacles
    2 | +1 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Improved Grab, Constrict, Flight, +1 Dex
    3 | +2 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Expert Grappler, Growth, Reach, +1 Con
    [/table]

Skill Points: 2+int (x4 at level 1)
    Skills: Craft, Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Profession, Spot
    Proficiencies: Grell are proficient with their natural attacks and grellcraft simple weapons.
    Maybe Martial weapons too... Or a select few?

Features:
    Aberrant Body: The grell loses all racial bonuses and gains aberration traits. A grell is a small aberration with speed 20', +5' each level after first. It hovers above the ground, but it must remain within 1' above a solid or liquid surface. A grell is blind (though it can still detect enemies with its blindsight ability). A grell gains natural armor equal to its Con bonus. A grell has 2 tentacles as primary natural weapons (1d3+str) and a bite as a secondary natural weapon with 0' reach (1d4+1/2str). A grell gains 1 tentacle attack each level after first, until it has 10 tentacle attacks. Its tentacles are capable of fine manipulation, but can only wield grellcraft weapons.
    I like the wording, but it seems like the tentacles are to weak... Even Wizards get 1d6 daggers, and they're the weakest... A die size up would be good without the +1

Electric Nature (Ex): A grell gains a bonus on saves against paralysis equal to its HD. It also gains electricity resistance equal to its HD.
    Might want to specify it's only immune to electrical paralysis, and if not, the title is misleading

Blindsight (Ex): 40', +5' for each subsequent hit die.

Paralyzing Tentacles (Ex): 2xHDxCon modifier times per day, a grell may paralyze with one or more of its tentacle attacks for a round. Any creature hit by a grell's tentacle must make a Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds (DC 10 + 1/2HD + Con modifier). Creatures struck by multiple tentacle attacks in the same round do not make multiple saving throws, nor does this take any additional uses; instead, the DC of the save increases by 1 for each additional tentacle that hit in the same round. At 2nd level, when a creature fails his saving throw, he is paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds; and at 3rd level, a creature that fails his saving throw is paralyzed for 2d4 rounds.
    I think 1d4+1 to 2d4 is a big jump for a possible level 3 player... Maybe make it HD based for die size, and +1 per class level?

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a grell must hit an opponent of its size or smaller with a tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): On a successful grapple, a grell deals 1d4+str points of damage. This damage increases by a step when the grell gains a size category.

Flight: A 2nd-level grell may levitate itself as the spell. At 4HD, it gains a fly speed equal to its base land speed with perfect maneuverability.
    Maybe raise the levitation height by 5ft/HD, instead of flight at level 2?

Expert Grappler (Ex): Grell employ their tentacles to excellent effect in grapples, using their smaller ones to assist. They gain a +1 racial bonus on all grapples per tentacle they possess.

A grell that chooses to grapple with one tentacle and remain ungrappled itself reduces the penalty for such a hold by 1 per tentacle, from the normal -20 penalty. So, for example, a grell with 10 tentacle attacks takes only a -10 penalty on holds using a single tentacle.
    I would specify they only get the multi-tentacle bonus while useing said tentacles. So no grappleing 10 people and getting a +10 bonus to all for no reason. Also, makeing a small-medium character nearly 90% based on grappleing isn't the best idea... You should make it so the Grell counts as a few size categories larger while grappleing, or it can grapple larger foes.

Growth: A 3rd-level grell grows from small to medium, along with the normal non-ability changes associated with such.

Reach: A 3rd-level grell has 10' reach with its tentacle attacks.

Grellcraft Weaponry
    Spoiler
    Show

Grellcraft: The grellcraft special quality may be added to any one-handed or light melee weapon. It loses its range increment, if any. Grellcraft weapons cost twice as much to make as their normal counterparts.

A grellcraft weapon alters one tentacle attack to which it is attached, rather than acting as a wielded weapon. The tentacle's type of damage, damage die, critical threat range, and critical threat multiplier change to match the weapon. It continues to be able to deliver paralysis attempts. A grell wielding a one-handed grellcraft weapon gains an additional 5' of reach with its tentacle attack.
    Specify if "Normal" counts as magic bonuses as in, a masterwork dagger costs double, but makeing it flameing only costs only a +1 bonus or +2?

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show

*Clarified some things.
    *Changed Electricity Immunity to Electricity Resistance.
    *Ctrl-X'ed paralysis immunity.
    *Reduced tentacle progression so you are level 9 by the time you get all 10 tentacles.
    *Removed simple weapon proficiencies. Feral grell do not use weapons. Subject to change.
    --
    *Elaborated on grellcraft weaponry.
    --
    *Recombined Expert Grappler and Skillful Grappler into 3rd-level Expert Grappler.
    *Put paralysis immunity back under aberrant body because I'm not sure where else it elegantly fits.
    --
    *Switched paralysis and electricity resistance into Electric Nature.
    *Reinstituted weapon proficiencies.
    *Changed Flight.
    *Maybe did something else.
    This is my ideas for the Ultimate Bird-Brain

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

I wish to endorse the Living Spell, Animate Object and Swarmshifter...
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-12-11 at 12:00 AM.