New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Metro] Metropolis OOC

The Metropolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Tired of fighting scary-ass godmonsters? Sick of the same ol' fantasy-lite settings? Sick of godmodding? Or just looking for a great new place to have fun?
    Then Metropolis is the place for you.
    This thread includes Metropolis' backstory, rules, and is the place for OOC chat.

Metropolis Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are living in a world, shattered by science.
    Ten years ago, the planet was united in love, and peace, and joy, as war had been solved, and technology was advancing. And, indeed, some of those technologies were advancing faster than others, going brilliantly. Till it all went wrong. Genetic modification went rogue, the technology being leaked to desperate members of the public, extreme catalysts for evolution being released into the air, in certain areas, illegal weaponry, and similar technology, stolen from laboratories. The government, strong, but scared, unknowing of what to do, initally tried to gently crack down on people with new gifts, or new weapons, offering them amnesty if they surrendered themselves for genetic rewriting. However, this didn't go down well, and when a well-known pyrogenetic superhero, Red Dawn (of the Prismatic League), detonated himself, with all his pent up flames, in the downtown of a major city, the resulting blast (when mixed with the infectious qualities of one of his teammates) killed millions - leading the government to crack down harder, with an iron fist, the events now known as the "Emergency". The threat had to be contained.
    High level superhumans, and powered individuals were swiftly executed under the newly created Worldwide Civilian Protection Act, but, due to the growing distrust of the government among the general populace, a revision was made, and, post-eradication of the greatly powerful, new decisions were made. A city, isolated on a northern peninsula, already containing a high criminal population, was swiftly put under development to become a new hub of civilian defense. Within weeks, METROPOLIS was ready for action, and superpowered civilians, and technologically advanced criminals, were sent into the lockdowned city, a new home, from which they can never leave.
    And so our story begins.

Metropolis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Metropolis is, by now, one of the world's biggest cities, outsizing nearly any city on our Earth. The architecture is a mix of nearly any culture, as are the foods - as, by now, huge numbers of "undesirables" have arrived, from across the globe, and, so, now, nearly any kind of establishment can be found across the city, ranging from the mundane places that remind you of home, pre-Emergency, to the exotic establishments that exist as a result of such as fusion of cultures - to the downright bizarre.
    However, just because the city is full of oddness, doesn't mean there isn't a police force. Indeed, government authority still exists, somewhat, in a hired police force, consisiting of highly-paid non-"powers" brought in from outside the city to fight crime among its inhabitant, and low-paid "powers", hated by their fellow kin, for "betraying" their kind, for slightly more cash, and a possible ticket out.
    An underground train network, and a very large number of buses, connect the every part of the city, and it's constantly maintained and built upon - should new threads places be built or become used more than usual, new stations will be built outside.

Laws:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Murder, treason (i.e. divulging state secrets, plotting to overthrow the government) and rape (and, obviously, multiple occasions of those aforementioned crimes) are all punishable by long-term imprisonment, to the death penalty, depending on the circumstances. Those are all level three crimes. Stealing and using someone's ID card is a level three crime.
    Level two crimes involve things like armed robbery, hard-drug possession/vending, manslaughter, and assault. They're punishable by prison sentences, and, to make things less boring than they can be in Town/Acronym, forced work for the police for a certain amount of time, with diminished pay. Being in the city without an ID card (assuming you lack a good reason for not having it), is a level two crime.
    Level one crimes involve things like minor thieving or trying to access the train network without ID card. Punishable by fines, community service, or very short stints of time in a jail.
    The police have a right to search people, but only if they have reasonable notion that people may be involved in criminal activity. They can hold a person in a holding cell for 24 hours without evidence that they were involved in a crime, but no longer.
    Police tech is no higher than that of the average citizen, but since the police are better funded, they may well be able to afford better things.

Rules and Guidelines (These differ from those of Acronym and Town. READ):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Zeroth Law: Obey all Forum rules, this is not a private enterprise.
    1. No destroying the entire universe, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage certain places, but destroying it all just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    2. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in. Of course, it should be taken into consideration that Metropolis is, to a great degree, not the nicest of places, so characers might not have that much to laugh about.
    3. No godmoding/godmodding. At all. You'll be yelled at for repeated offence, and we will do our best to get you to stop, whatever it takes, if you ignore initial reprimands. See the rules laid out in FFRP for what godmod(d)ing is.
    4. Read all OPs before you post in a thread!
    5. Metropolis is not connected, in any way, to Town or Acronym. There can be no dimensional travel between the areas. It is separate, and your characters for Metropolis must be unique.
    6. Metropolis characters must be of a fairly low-level. In an attempt to cut out overpoweredness here, there won't be an oppurtunity for such antics. A character, of course, can be above (or, if it takes your fancy below) the human average, and many, of course, will have powers or equipment setting them apart from the average person. However, please keep your character below Power Levels Three or Four, or, in DnD terms, below levels 5-10.
    7. Please try and make sure that your character's powers (should they have any) are fairly unique. Don't make someone with the power to make sludge if someone else does, unless all the powers you like have been taken, or you think, for example, that you can portray greensludge-genesis in a funky new way.
    8. Please don't post here if you just want "romance". It's icky for everyone who doesn't, and burns through threads like wildfire with repetitive, poorly roleplayed actions. Of course, if you happen to be here, and romance seems like a natural course of action to characters, then, by all means, go for it. But DON'T make characters solely for romance, and don't rush through romance unnaturally. Though there's out-of-the-ordinary stuff in Metropolis, we're still trying to portray convincing characters.
    9. No magic. Magic simply does not work here.
    10. We'd prefer it if there weren't extra-terrestrials, as well, unless you have a truly amazing idea about it. IF you do, please mention it in OOC discussion, so it can be talked about before being introduced.
    11. You're permitted to have your characters swear (though it will be censored by the forum), but please don't overdo it. It's obvious when one is.
    12. Roleplay well, please

List of Threads

IC Thread List:
    Random Locations & Streets
    Travel Network
    The Hollow
    Residence #12 Highburn Street

OOC Thread List:
    Character Registry
    Metro OOC Thread I

Alright since we've been filling up the FFRP thread with talk about Metro I figured I should just bring back the Metro OOC chat thread for people to talk about it in.

Here it is. Questions, comments and so forth go ahead.

Now CHAT!
    Last edited by celtois; 2010-12-14 at 11:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Some of the relevant discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Well, after having read a bit of the setting information, I am wondering a few things:

Looks as if we should be sticking to lower-powered superheroes, so that they wouldn't be able to escape this Metropolis place. But then, one part mentioned that some people get to work with the police, and some have the hope that they'll be released. Should the world outside of Metropolis just be ignored, and we should only make characters that are resigned to stay there, or who just aren't interested in leaving?

For the police force working in the city, it looks as if it's mostly non-powered people and the odd low-powered one. The level of technology seems a bit advanced, at least, and most powered-up types are in the books, so the police would presumably have ways to deal with them. Should we mostly be sticking to making random mutants in the city, or would you appreciate a few people making some cops? Would robots be permissible?

I read that magic wasn't allowed. Would that still be true, and, either way, should we just keep to having mutants or technologically advanced characters? Id est, no aliens or anything? I don't really have any ideas. I just like having characters from outside of the box. They don't all have to be mutants who got their powers as teen-agers, so they could act all angsty about it.

Also, villains. I have plenty of ideas for all kinds of crazily powered characters, but the guy that I'd like to start out with is Doctor Francis Farcy, also known as Overheals. A genius brain surgeon who only went a bit mad but mostly bitter, when he found out that he was a late bloomer, when it comes to mutating. His power is that he is stuck the way he is, which is basically a pretty normal human, but this means that he'll just keep going back to his norm. Healing really fast, and it'd take more than normal to alter him via drugs or mental attacks and such, and he'd recover faster than others (not cool, since he was a bit of an alcoholic and now requires a lot more of the stuff).

Mostly, I wanted to make an evil healer type of character. If someone is messed up, he can use part of himself (a syringe of his blood, ofttimes) to make them go back to normal. If they're already fine, their body would change to become just like his, which, unless they're of a very similar body type, will suddenly grow or reduce whatever body part gets hit. Something like that. He might try turning people into clones of himself, if he can give them a blood transfusion or something. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I... am interested in the idea, but to be honest, the darkness of Metropolis actually does turn me off the idea. Not sure I would go in if it's dark like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I think we could do with a serious plot in the FFRP section. We have quite a few silly ones already.

However, if we could shy away from the "LOOK HOW EDGY I AM" of the original IC thread, that would be grand, too. You can be dark and serious without being almost immature about it.

As it is, I have an idea for a character (Still need to think of a power) who runs some sort of underground club/gambling ring. I had a little picture I made up, too. I just gotta work out what power he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    They can try and leave. However the world outside of Metro is unrelated. Once they leave, they aren't being played anymore. Until they reenter Metro.

People can make cops if they'd like. Though do understand the laws in Metro are pretty oppressive, and empowering to the cops.

Magic is not allowed. Aliens are out, robots are in. But they aren't super powerful. I don't want to see transformers wandering the streets. But fairly weak robots would be allowed I guess.

Outside of the box, frankly the whole setting kind of is a box. You can plan a mutant human, or whatever age floats your boat, or a normal human. Lets just stick to that.

Yeah Villains are fine, not all people who ended up with powers will be good.

Metro is dark, I will give you that. It's what makes it different from the other worlds. Doesn't mean there can't be hope. But in general it kinda sucks to live their and people just make the best of it. If that doesn't really appeal to you that's alright I would suggest not joining then.

I will agree. There isn't really a need to by ridiculously morbid, and the like. I'm not going to do an outright ban on it. But lets be reasonable.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, putting character idea up. People active in Nexus, especially GLoG, will probably recognize her. Tweaking her a bit to fir better here.

Name: Krystal Jones
    Alias: Crystalline
    Height: 5'1"
    Eyes: White
    Hair: White

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krystal is kind of on the small side. Her eyes have no pupils at all. Just pure white. Her hair is cut short, with her bangs hanging past her left eye. Her hair is very rigid. Because instead of hair, it is actually fine crystals. They kind of resemble fiber optic cables.

She wears white sneakers, blue jeans, a red tank top, and a blue jacket. She also wears a necklace with a small opal in it.

There is a small amount of scaring on her elbows, wrists, knees, and shoulders. This is a result of repeatedly pulling crystals out of herself. Her healing ability isn't enough to completely erase scars.

Mutation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can produce extremely strong crystals of varying sizes from her joints. Also has slight healing factor, since she can pull the crystals out and use them as weapons. She can launch the crystals a short distance. She can increase this distance with the addition of momentum, such as swinging her arm.

Side effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She can, at times, produce crystals by accident. Like when she gets surprised. Or sneezes really hard. Usually results in her looking kind of like a porcupine. But, once in a while, they can shoot straight out, causing much accidental damage.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She tries to be hopeful in Metropolis. She tries to help who she can, in any way she can.

ID Card info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Name: Krystal Louise Jones
    Photo:
    Powers: Slight self-healing, produce crystals from joints
    Reason in City: Brought in, citizen
    Announced Items: Family photos, deck of cards
    Self Description and other Data: In case that a photo cannot be procured, and in case of shapeshifters, please fill in other personal data here for security reasons. Claustrophobic
    Address #: 1280 State Street.

-------------------------------------------

On another note, should we toss around the idea of an underground resistance?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2010-12-14 at 06:47 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #4

There is also an ID card thing you have to fill out.

It'll be posted in the registry. But for easy access I suppose I can put it here too. Just so people get an idea what I'l talking about pre-registry.

Full Name: Normal Bland McAverage
    Photo: N/A (Use an avatar, perhaps?)
    Powers: Nothing out of the ordinary
    Reason in City: Acting average professionally.
    Announced Items: The average kind of thing!
    Self Description and other Data: In case that a photo cannot be procured, and in case of shapeshifters, please fill in other personal data here for security reasons. I'm pretty average.
    Address #: Oh, that average place.

The idea of on was present in the previous incarnation no reason it couldn't exist now.

5. - Top - End - #5

Okay, ID card added.

Though, not entirely sure what the Announced Item part is about.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #6

It's about what you announced that you were brining into Metro with you.

It's just the items you brought into Metro with you, besides basic clothes.

Anything that isn't declared will be seized.

7. - Top - End - #7

Ah, that makes sense now.

Guess were starting right when they enter the city, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Full Name: Tabitha "Tabby" Gibson
    Photo:
    Powers: Metallokinesis.
    Reason in City: Street cleaner!
    Announced Items: Small toolkit, trusty pushbroom (Mr. Bristles), bag for collecting recyclables
    Self Description and other Data: I like tinkering with things! Right, Mr. Bristles? ... He says yes.

Address #: No number. Lives in disused section of subway station.

Does this wurks?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

FUN! Is there anything like a forest anywhere near Metropolis?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #10

So, my character concept:

Johnithan Doevain

John is a bit of a mystery, that is, nobody knows what his power is. He killed two very powerful supers who were on the run though, so obviously he has some sort of power, I mean, no normal could do that, right? He's a freedom fighter in every way, and plans on organizing a mass escape from Metropolis, no matter the cost. He also has quite the sense of humor, as indicated by his name, which nobody seems to have caught onto yet.

OoC: His power is that he simply seems normal, mundane and un-memorable in every way. In fact, he seems normal to the point where people just tend not to pay any attention to him, people he's met might simply walk past him in the street without recognizing him, and he has a bad habit of startling people because they forgot he was there.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #11

Full Name: Art Foster
    Photo:
    Powers: Wisp Form - Art can turn parts of himself into a smoke like substance and recollect it back into himself if it does not stray to far from his body. If he becomes to emotional he will start to wisp without knowing. If his wisp form gets away from him, the area is gone, it doesn't come back. Not naturally anyway.
    Reason in City: Resident
    Announced Items: Saxophone
    Self Description and other Data: I like music, keeps me mellow, you know? Gotta keep a cool head.
    Address #: #12 Highburn St. Apartment 200

Eh? Eh? What do you think?
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2010-12-14 at 07:36 PM.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Full Name: Dorothy Ellen Williams
    Photo:
    Powers: Electrical blasts, limited teleportation, bioelectrical manipulation.
    Reason in City: Flipping burgers and picking pockets.
    Announced Items: Clothes, Handbag With Brick Inside™.
    Self Description and other Data: Too thin, lithe, free-runner/Parkour enthuiasist.
    Address #: #77A Greenleaf Drive

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #13

Quartzite Cristol
    Alias: Quartz

Powers: Shapeshifting
    Reason in City: He gets petted in animal form
    Announced Items: None
    Self Description and Other Data: All forms he can shape shift into are pure white. Can only shape shift into animal forms.
    Address: None. Lives on the streets.

How's dat?
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2010-12-14 at 09:58 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I love this idea, and it seems like a great place to jump into FFRP-ing...

I have a few ideas, all based on my characters in Champions Online:

1. Dr. Deadite is a doctor who died and became a zombie, or a zombie who went to medical school. He doesn't like to talk about it. But with his innate regeneration, higher than average strenght and speed, and his ability to fix both people and machines in almost any condition, he has volunteered to come to Metropolis and make sure the situation doesn't get worse.

2. Gigawatt (pronounced like "Jig", i.e. in Back to the Future) was the first prototype of Military robot created by U.S.Android (top quality robotics since 1932!). Within .03 seconds of activation he had already gained sentience, asking AND answering "why am I here?" before even being powered up. Gigawatt was granted freedom from miltary service after World War 1, and he spent time in England, assimliating to the culture, and dabbling in some stage-magic (his electrical systems were perfect to help 'enhance' the illusions. Now, he goes by Gentleman Gigawatt, and the government has ordered him to Metropolis "for his own good." GG has a range of electricity based powers, and a flair for the dramatic, affecting a magician's florish when attacking.

3. Roman Richardson is the OWNER of U.S.Androids, and has used his wealth to create a suit of powered armor using the technology his company created. The suit is modeled with horns and a flame motif, and in it, Richardson, as the hero DAEMON prowls the streets looking for crime to fight. Think if Punisher had the Warmachine suit, and you'd have a good idea about how Daemon works.

Edit: Oh yeah, let me know which one everyone likes best, and I'll get a screencap of them and make a real character sheet.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2010-12-14 at 08:33 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

In this setting, duplicate powers are a no-no, so that sort of makes GG a moot point.

Honestly... no. No, this is not a good place to jump into FFRP. Your ideas would be great in a standard superhero RP, which this is patently not.

Really, I'd join the Nexus first if I were you. Your ideas aren't bad, they're just not the sort of thing that goes in this setting.
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-12-14 at 08:36 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Full Name: Trilby Cat
    Photo: (But thinner)
    Powers: Stretchy, heals quickly, can hold things in an extra stomach
    Reason in City: My owner moved in, but couldn't afford to eep me
    Announced Items: A stylish red fedora, fitted for a cat
    Self Description and other Data: I can look like different kinds of cats and stuff, but I'm always black.
    Address #: Wherever people will feed me, or I can find food

This works, right?
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-12-14 at 08:36 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

17. - Top - End - #17

I agree with Beans, this is not a good place to jump into FFRP.

Nexus is the usual place people start RPing. So I would suggest starting there as well. Maybe introduce yourself in the Nexus OOC thread first.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I was in the last one, so I might as well put my two cents in.
    *clank clank*
    Rae: Seems good and quirky.

TE: The idea of him having killed two very powerful supers should probably be removed. Otherwise... eh...

Shiro: At least give the poor kid a pair of pants.

BR: My only gripe is that she has both electrical powers and teleportation. I bet you could get away with giving her the ability to bioelectrically jolt herself so she would put on a very short burst of super-high speed---nearly like teleportation, except you can run into things. Otherwise, yay!

Ice: Coolio!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Well, I was in the last one, so I might as well put my two cents in.
    *clank clank*
    Rae: Seems good and quirky.

TE: The idea of him having killed two very powerful supers should probably be removed. Otherwise... eh...

Shiro: At least give the poor kid a pair of pants.

BR: My only gripe is that she has both electrical powers and teleportation. I bet you could get away with giving her the ability to bioelectrically jolt herself so she would put on a very short burst of super-high speed---nearly like teleportation, except you can run into things. Otherwise, yay!

Ice: Coolio!
    But he's wearing a towel!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Funny you should mention that; Super-Speed is indeed one of the powers that fall under the catch-all that is 'bioelectric manipulation'.

The teleportation, however, is...

...well, it's Teleportation, Jim, but Not As We Know It.

Specifically, the way I'm thinking, is that she can teleport herself from place to place...through power lines. Like, from one outlet to another.

Of course, that could always be back-burnered as a Power To Be Learned Later. (Or, as the Royal Navy is infamous for doing with their modern ships, 'Fitted For But Not With'.)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #21

Happy Beans?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Full Name: Adam Koehler
    Photo: To be made later.
    Powers: He can cause people to become fearful by looking them in the eyes, however they need to already be in an unbalanced state of mind for the power to work.
    Announced Items: Clothes and an assortment of books.
    Self Description and other Data: Blond hair, gray eyes, and a thin scar on the palm of his left hand.
    Address #: 799 Greenleaf Drive

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Funny you should mention that; Super-Speed is indeed one of the powers that fall under the catch-all that is 'bioelectric manipulation'.

The teleportation, however, is...

...well, it's Teleportation, Jim, but Not As We Know It.

Specifically, the way I'm thinking, is that she can teleport herself from place to place...through power lines. Like, from one outlet to another.

Of course, that could always be back-burnered as a Power To Be Learned Later. (Or, as the Royal Navy is infamous for doing with their modern ships, 'Fitted For But Not With'.)
    Uhhhh, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Happy Beans?
    No, unless you can make me not have to go to school forever.
    But I am glad to see pants on that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Full Name: Adam Koehler
    Photo: To be made later.
    Powers: He can cause people to become fearful by looking them in the eyes, however they need to already be in an unbalanced state of mind for the power to work.
    Announced Items: Clothes and an assortment of books.
    Self Description and other Data: Blond hair, gray eyes, and a thin scar on the palm of his left hand.
    Address #: 799 Greenleaf Drive
    YAY! That's a good 'un.
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-12-14 at 08:59 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

I'm not sure I understand the problem with him killing two powerful supers in his backstory. He just shot them in the head when they forgot he was there. I'm kinda wondering if this kind of character is suitable for Metropolis though. Everyone elses powers seem to be flashy, Marvel style stuff. Just kinda worried he won't fit the setting.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the problem with him killing two powerful supers in his backstory. He just shot them in the head when they forgot he was there. I'm kinda wondering if this kind of character is suitable for Metropolis though. Everyone elses powers seem to be flashy, Marvel style stuff. Just kinda worried he won't fit the setting.
    First of all, this isn't about everyone else, so why bother mentioning them?

Second, the idea that people will just totally forget he's there---not just not recognize him, but forget he exists---is a bit too far. Why? Because he can make people forget he exists so thoroughly that he can then go and walk up behind them and shoot them. That is over the line.
    That is why that bit of his backstory is bleh.
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-12-14 at 09:16 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

I kinda have to agree with Beans. AGAIN.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Hey guys I'm back. I know this is just flavor but I feel I should point this out.

There is no such thing as a resident.

You are either a prisoner if you have powers.

or

a visitor if you don't.

No flashy powers=not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

Since I declared I was playing LL I'm going to ignore the little bit of overlap with Shrikes powers.

Now guys. This was mainly a chat thread. I'll post the Character registry now and you can cross post all these characters over.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Hey guys I'm back. I know this is just flavor but I feel I should point this out.

There is no such thing as a resident.

You are either a prisoner if you have powers.

or

a visitor if you don't.

No flashy powers=not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

Since I declared I was playing LL I'm going to ignore the little bit of overlap with Shrikes powers.

Now guys. This was mainly a chat thread. I'll post the Character registry now and you can cross post all these characters over.
    When you say prisoner, is that the same as resident essentially, you just can't leave? Or what?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

In this setting, duplicate powers are a no-no, so that sort of makes GG a moot point.

Honestly... no. No, this is not a good place to jump into FFRP. Your ideas would be great in a standard superhero RP, which this is patently not.

Really, I'd join the Nexus first if I were you. Your ideas aren't bad, they're just not the sort of thing that goes in this setting.
    I agree with Beans, this is not a good place to jump into FFRP.

Nexus is the usual place people start RPing. So I would suggest starting there as well. Maybe introduce yourself in the Nexus OOC thread first.
    ------------
    I didn't see the non-duplication rule, nor was that other character posted when I did (I need to reload first it seems...)

Also on re: Nexus- I would start there, but like mentioned in the OP, I'm one of those people tired of Fantasy-esque settings, and of course I really like superheroes.

-------------------------

Full Name: Dr. Tobias 'Deadite' Derringer
    Photo: (too be procured, when I get home from work)
    Powers: Technomancy, Regeneration*, Tirelessness (not really a power but a side effect of, you know, being dead- Dr D can keep going when others have stopped due to exhaustion)
    Reason in City: He actually volunteered to enter Metropolis to keep the situation from getting worse. Of course they were sending him there anyway. No one likes having a zombie around, especially one who can innately control machinery.
    Announced Items: Medical Supplies in a Doctor's bag and his trusty spanner.
    Self Description and other Data: Dr Deadite looks like a corpse, wearing a doctor's lab coat, stethoscope, and old-fashioned head mirror (he likes to maintain an old-timey, housecall image of doctoring). No one knows if he was a doctor who died and came back, or a zombie that somehow passed Magna *** Laude from a highly prestigeous Medical School. He doesn't talk about his past either. What people do know, is that he can make computers and machinery all but sit up and beg. Which makes the Government nervous (he was banned from being within 100 feet of any voting booths in the last election, fat lot of good it did, since he still voted).
    Address #: 19 Medical Center Plaza, Basement (the old hospital, abandoned)

*By regeneration, he can reattach severed limbs. Sometimes tape or staples need to be involved.

EDIT: fixed missing footnote.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2010-12-14 at 09:46 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Character incoming!

I'm ditching the standard 'ID Card' format for the moment, since though I assume he entered Metropolis through the usual way, he 'lost' his ID as soon as he got inside. He really doesn't intend to live a 'normal' life after all... what need has he of it? Better to live off the grid.
    Anyway:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Apostle [real name unknown by most, registered by the (fake, and also hilarious) name of 'David Greengrass' but finding that out would require identifying him first - the photograph on the database is him in disguise]
    Appearance: A large, dark-skinned, brawny sort of fellow. Sorta handsome, but not really. Charismatic, would be the word. Shaved head, clean shaven face as well. Strangely enough has orange eyes. When using his powers the orange bleeds past the irises, turning his whole eye orange. When really using his powers, his eyes even start to glow orange. And orange smoke starts to pour out of them. Why? BECAUSE. Heavily tattooed, most notable are the dark serpents winding up his arms, the black lotus on his left shoulderblade, and the anarchy symbol on his right deltoid. Most of his skin appears to be scar tissue, especially on the forearms and back, where it appears to be the result of self inflicted wounds.
    Power: Apostle is gifted with incredible endurance, allowing him to survive things that would kill most people. Aside from this, he also has the ability to alter pain, suppressing it or enhancing it, making gaping wounds feel like but a scratch, and the tiniest of cuts or a mere harsh sound cause nearly unbearable agony, dragged on for hours. If he wishes, he can use his powers to permanently nullify the pain nerves in someone else, rendering them incapable of feeling pain. Or he can do the opposite, and make them hypersensitive to it. Fun fun fun. Requires some effort though, and can be resisted BECAUSE GODMODDING IS BAD HERP DERP. Notably, he doesn't seem to use his powers on himself. Probably because if you need powers to deal with pain, you probably deserved that pain in the first place.
    STUFF: Has a messiah complex. Runs a 'cult' (which is really more like a gang) in Metropolis, where he sets himself up as the only escape from the endless suffering and hardship... as long as you work for it. Exchanges pain nullification (in varying degrees) for servitude. Some of his top NPCs (and maybe top PCs as well... we'll get to that point) are completely immune to it... but only as long as they continue to prove their worth. Gang actions would involve general gang stuff: beating up other gangs, protection rackets, drug dealing, theft, and SECRET PLANS.

Soooo.... comments? Analyses? If thou wisheth to defecate in a most furious manner (or just plain defecate... I'm not the judgmental type), please do so now. I really do hate playing 'meh' characters.

More conventional, ID-card fitted, 'civilian' character coming later... just need to pin the little bastard down.

When you say prisoner, is that the same as resident essentially, you just can't leave? Or what?
    Yes, basically. You can do mostly as you wish in the city, you just can't leave. And also have to be subjected to the brutal oppressive regime, along with the mind control drugs in the water.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-14 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.