Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Yes, I can start playing immediately.

2. - Top - End - #62

Hey, is it alright if I have have Krystal work in the little shop of horrors in the apartment building?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah I suppose you could.

By the way all threads are now up and linked in the OP

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

I be thinking of joining. Would wind manipulation be good power mutation whatchamahoo for my character?
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

5. - Top - End - #65

Yeah sure that would be just fine. It's not taken yet.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Full Name: James T. Price
    Photo:
    Powers: Wind manipulation
    Reason in City: Prisoner
    Announced Items: Black Comb
    Self Description and other Data: Claustrophobic.
    Address #: 7777 Shadow Street

Is this good?
    Last edited by Gimliggamer; 2010-12-15 at 12:44 AM.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

7. - Top - End - #67

Change the reason for being in the city to Prisoner, and yeah it looks fine.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Change the reason for being in the city to Prisoner, and yeah it looks fine.
    Done deal.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

9. - Top - End - #69

Greetings. Any issues with the character idea that I tossed out? His description was in the other thread as well as the second post of this one, but here's his information in the character registry format --->

Full Name: Doctor Francis Evan Farcy
    Photo: Nope.
    Powers: Always stays the same. This includes healing from anything except that which would dry him out completely (he wouldn't heal so crazy fast that it wouldn't be satisfying to rip him up, I suppose) and being resistant to anything that might change him. He won't age, needs more drugs or alcohol than usual to be affected, it's harder to mentally mess him up, stuff like that. Also, if you're messed up in some way, and he touches you with any of his precious bodily fluids, you'll go back to what would be normal for you. If you're not messed up, whatever part of you he hits will become like him. I figure that this would mostly just be a painful experience with one of your body parts suddenly growing or shrinking, unless you're quite similar to his body type.
    Reason in City: He's a dude with a superpower? Seems as if most people are using this for Profession, as well, and he'd be a doctor.
    Announced Items: Medical supplies, a couple of changes of clothes, a diary
    Self Description and other Data: Tall, scarecrow-ish, short black hair, goatee, glasses, usually wears a suit with a hat or just your average doctorin' getup, usually carrying his medical bag, which is filled with a lot of the usual stuff, plus a bunch of vials and syringes filled with various fluids from himself.
    Address #: Not sure yet.

Here's what I typed before, if it helps ---> A genius brain surgeon who only went a bit mad but mostly bitter, when he found out that he was a late bloomer, when it comes to mutating. His power is that he is stuck the way he is, which is basically a pretty normal human, but this means that he'll just keep going back to his norm. Healing really fast, and it'd take more than normal to alter him via drugs or mental attacks and such, and he'd recover faster than others (not cool, since he was a bit of an alcoholic and now requires a lot more of the stuff).

Mostly, I wanted to make an evil healer type of character. If someone is messed up, he can use part of himself (a syringe of his blood, ofttimes) to make them go back to normal. If they're already fine, their body would change to become just like his, which, unless they're of a very similar body type, will suddenly grow or reduce whatever body part gets hit. Something like that. He might try turning people into clones of himself, if he can give them a blood transfusion or something. I don't know.

And here are some later thoughts ---> While thinking about what, "The power to stay the same!" could include, I thought that I could take it even further and say that he forgets everything that happened after he got his powers, so he has to tell himself anything new in his diary. I figure that he'd probably keep some backups in places that he'd be likely to discover. Or mayhaps he goes to sleep every night with a self-hypnosis tape playing, to keep himself up to date. It would just be a routine chore, to him, but it could be used for things like a bunch of good guys finding his reminders, destroying them, and convincing him to be a good guy, this time, only to have him discover a hidden cache of tapes somewhere, then betraying them. Cool little ideas like that.

I'd like to roleplay the guy being tossed into the city from the beginning. He'd go for a hospital job, first. Would I be correct to write a bit of a description for a hospital already set up in Metropolis in the Random Locations & Streets thread, then wait for someone to show up as an NPC to hire him?

Also, if the evil healer idea is despised, here are a couple of other character ideas ---> My no friction dude, who can make things lose their friction. I planned on him growing in power, so that he could later increase something's friction, then he'd move on to other things from physics class, like being able to decrease something mass, to pretend that he has super strength. He'd be a minor, amusingly defeated villain type, or a clueless hero, depending.

I had an idea for a lady named Claire, who'd go by the alias Clairity, since her powers would be all about picking up on other people's emotions and surface thoughts. She'd also have the ability to become clear, not invisible. Seems as if we're trying to keep characters with only one sort of power, though, so that might not work. She'd stick with the first part, then, and be working with the cops, as a negotiator and such.

The other guy is a concept that I've had for a while, after thinking about that, "The customer is always right!" saying. This guy would own a restaurant and be all about that saying. He creates alternate realities where people's dreams come true. If your dream is to gain omnipotence, you'd have it, but only in that alternate reality, which wouldn't leak into the real one. He'd own a restaurant, preferably, where that would just happen, when he's around. Of course, it would be crazily as well as overly powered for him to just be able to toss someone into an alternate universe, where they can be harmless, so you'd have to choose to jump into the thing. Otherwise, he'd just be able to do things like pull things from Hammerspace or have any attacks directed at him be diverted to Hammerspace instead of hitting him. Stuff like that.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

TruorTupnm, I too have a Doctor character! If you don't mind working with a zombie (if you do, what are you, a life-ist?!), then I'm here to invite you to join me in Mercy Medical Hospital. It's more of a fringe establishment for those who... let's say "forgot" their ID badges. Or don't have one at all. Or maybe just don't want the government knowing anymore about them than necessary.

Currently I'm setting up in the 'Random Locations/Streets' thread, but if it becomes a popular locatiion, we maybe can persuade celtois to start a new thread.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

11. - Top - End - #71

...Wall of characters concepts..

Yeah most of those are pretty good. Some of them might be a bit hard to pull off. The regenerative one for example, keeping that balanced would be hard.

NF dues is pretty cool, but the doctor idea is neato too.

12. - Top - End - #72

I apologize for typing a lot. Rambling bad. Keep it concise. I thought that I was already trying. Argh. Stream of consciousness bad. Got it.

Tell me how to change the doctor around. Here are some stabs at fixing it --->

Regeneration time could just be something along the lines of requiring several days to heal most things. Relatively minor things (for superheroes) would only take about a day, I figure. I thought that it would be fun to have a character that could be sliced up by people and still come back.

The overhealing power doesn't seem too bad, to myself, since it'd just hurt people but couldn't kill them. He'd use it for immobilizing limbs and such, I figure. The bit where I mentioned that he might use complete blood transfusions to create clones was just an idea. Not something that he'd use regularly. It'd be a large deal, a big villain plot to be foiled sort of thing. Entirely unnecessary, of course.

Anything else? Anyways, I'd like to be able to work with people to come up with some cool adventures. Since he hates being a mutant, we could do the plot where he discovers a way to get rid of powers. He'd be the sort to capture and experiment on random mutants, figuring out how their powers work, developing counters, mayhaps injecting some normal people with powers and getting them to work for him. Mayhaps he'd be a large fan of brainwashing.

Towards Zanshin and your doctor character, if your guy is supposed to be mostly good, it'd be cool for our characters to work in the same hospital and routinely try to thwart each other, while still doing their regular jobs. My guy does have his professional pride, so he wouldn't (normally?) be messing with people coming to the hospital for help. If your guy is more evil or neutral, I'd actually hope that our characters don't need to interact as much, since two doctor types would be redundant. We'll see what happens.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Argh! I'm having trouble thinking of powers... any suggestions?
    Preferably something 'biology' based, if that means anything.

How strange that I come up with the weaknesses before the strengths... usually it's the other way around! And I have to scrabble helplessly for weaknesses to make it seem he's not overpowered.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #74

No worries. I did read through it. Sorry that my posts are so succinct today I've been posting left and right and am about to go to sleep.

The only thing I had any issues with was the rate of regeneration. You slim that down a little bit and I think you'll be fine.

Biology? So like, plant manipulation? Genewarping? Animal Mastery..(Would actually be kind of cool to have a pack of strays follow him around.)

I'll think about adventures over night see if I can think of anything, when I'm less tired.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, his weakness is that he's incredibly vulnerable to most drugs and foreign substances (alcohol, nicotine, narcotics, sedatives, certain venoms and poisons etc.) so the power should reasonably tie in with that. Otherwise it's like, 'Oh hi my power is that I can control water with my mind! Unfortunately, as a side affect of my powers, morphine will kill me.'
    It doesn't quite work.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 02:16 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Hmmm... Biologically-based powers always make me think of shapeshifters. Here are two weird kinds of shapeshifter concepts --->

You gain the attributes of whatever you touch. Touch a wall, and you can become a large and sturdy dude. Touch a spider, become a pygmy Spider-Dude. Touch another superhero, and I figure that it would depend. It could be up to them. They could be up for an epic battle with a doppelganger, or they could just give you their character's fear of ducks. Touch several things, and become some kind of awesome conglomeration of your favorite traits of walls, spiders, and ducks?

Shapeshift into things, but when you shapeshift, your personality changes to fit. You still have your own mind, but it'd be colored by its new form. It'd help with being able to act like the captain of the guard, at least, and could be quite fun, depending on what the character is normally like. I came up with this mostly because I wondered how a shapeshifter who isn't a good actor could still do a good job.

Also, here's another random idea ---> Make inanimate objects come to life?

Better ideas are out there. One's on the tip of my fingers.

To edit so I don't double post, biologically-based powers that have to do with the weakness you mentioned could be --->

He is a certain kind of poisonous, but he's got an especially weak immune system to everything else.

He is a small and weak and pathetic dude who can make others weaker as well.

A bubble boy without the bubble. He can purify things (including minds of negative emotions?), but he's always using a bit of his power to keep himself from dying to everything.

None of those really sound superly awesome. I'll sleep on it. I'll also edit the character registry thing and stick in the thread tomorrow. For the healing time thing, I suppose that I could even just type that he can just come back from anything, eventually, but it'd take him just as long as it'd take anyone else. That way, people can still have fun with beating him up, and he can still keep coming back. He'd still be able to pretty much instantly heal anyone else. Hitting himself with a vial of his own urine wouldn't have made him heal any faster, anyways.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-15 at 02:51 AM.

- Myself

17. - Top - End - #77

Goblin

Ooh, this looks cool.

I was thinking some kind of Chameleon/Gecko man - he has predator style camouflage and wall climbing. Probably slightly enhanced athletics and strengths, although these are just in the same way that all superheroes seem too.

Is that too much?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

What?

I was looking at the old character registry for ideas, and I noticed a whole bunch of character who should be there are missing. All of my characters, and all of Kaela's characters, for instance. And more besides. I'm fairly sure I didn't delete those posts...

What?

Ah. Found the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    I was wondering how much in favour people are of delegitimising the current registry thread, and getting a new one - what with JJKaybomb being gone, it's somewhat hard for us to update - which was one of the original ways we were going to make it different, as we'd have a power list at the start.
    Any active players could just repost their characters onto the new thread?
    Also the last character in that registry thread is hilariously inappropriate, in just about every way. Made me giggle from the sheer DID NOT DO THE RESEARCHity of it.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 09:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

*Huff huff*

I need to stop joining everything, I ran out of free time three universes ago

I was thinking about making a character with anti-grav boots and gravity manipulating field gloves, while that sounds very powerful the best she could do that somebody with rollerskates and a grappling hook couldn't is:

Super-heavy glomp!

Flying!

And

Drop kick!

So, sounds good?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #80

Sounds okay, but why would the character be around? In fact, unless they're some kind of crazy cyborg thing that normal people outside the city wouldn't want to deal with, why would anyone that just has access to some cool technology be there? I figure that they'd just be going about their normal human lives, while mayhaps obtaining some patents on nice technology.

Which makes me ask ---> Are there any normal people in the city that aren't cops, or would most of the random NPC's just be low-powered mutants?

Also, that makes me come up with yet another idea for the character with the weaknesses to drugs and alcohol and such ---> Some kind of cyborg. Since he's more machine now than man, the stuff would be able to spread throughout his system and affect him faster?

Also, also, is the stretchy cat character in there just to add a touch of light-heartedness, or is there more to him than what meets the eye? Either way, I'm thinking about tossing in a mutant rabbit that is basically Carbuncle.

Ah, and for the chameleon dude, sounds awesome. I love those dudes.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-15 at 11:28 AM.

- Myself

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose I might as well give Metropolis another shot. My character in the old Metro was a normal whom I decided to give a power later - to be indistinct and easily overlooked. However it's been taken so I'll either play a normal again or come up with something else.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Sounds okay, but why would the character be around? In fact, unless they're some kind of crazy cyborg thing that normal people outside the city wouldn't want to deal with, why would anyone that just has access to some cool technology be there? I figure that they'd just be going about their normal human lives, while mayhaps obtaining some patents on nice technology.
    Well, the OP says that technologically advanced villains go there too and I kind of assumed that if the tech was originally stolen she would be sent there as well.

Especially if she knew how to make more, even if she doesn't have the parts for it, we don't want some psychopathic rich boy to get access to anti-grav tech do we?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wish to join!

I also have a character idea!

Sergeant Spiky Bones or something like that. Basically hard and toughened military man that can use spike bone powers. So, he can shoot them from his fists or just grow them out and stuff like that.

Tough anterior but a big softy in the middle.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. I need opinions, guys - should I play a Badass Normal with some sort of goal to make him more active by giving him a reason to end up in Metropolis or should I come up with some sort of power? I prefer the former approach, as no satisfactory powers come to my mind.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morty I would go with a badass normal if that is what you feel like playing, plus it is hard to come up with an appropriate power. I know I am still giving it some thought before I make a character.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #86

I'd prefer a non-powered dude. You could be one of the odd nice cops, or you could be some important mutant-hating cop. You could be one of those crazy old dudes who's always lived in the area and didn't get scared, when he found out that Metropolis was to be the place where all of the crazy superheroes would be deposited.

- Myself

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I'd actually want him to be a newcomer to the Metropolis, just like all the powered guys. But apart from the reason to leave his home and come there, he also needs a goal to achieve in the city, or else he might end up being boring to play.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe he's heard about how bad things are in Metropolis, and has come to investigate to find out if the rumours are true, with plans of publishing an exposé if they are?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Hmmm. I need opinions, guys - should I play a Badass Normal with some sort of goal to make him more active by giving him a reason to end up in Metropolis or should I come up with some sort of power? I prefer the former approach, as no satisfactory powers come to my mind.
    You should, we need someone to mop the floor with powered people with only the use of a mop

Seriously, badass normal sounds nice
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    You should, we need someone to mop the floor with powered people with only the use of a mop
    Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items