New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Badass Normal it is. My favorite kind of character.
    My character in the old Metropolis came to Metropolis from Poland running away from a war that broke out between a coallition of Eastern European states and Russia. He was a rather... less than lawful fellow, an expert on weapons, chemistry, explosives and burglary as well as a decent shot. I just need a clear goal he'll be trying to achive.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Awesome goals for the non-powered --->

One-up The Most Dangerous Game, and make a mutant hunter.

Be one of the dudes trying to make a cure for mutants?

Be a member of some mutant rights group who's trying to reform the evil ones or at least try to prove to people that mutants can be quite awesome as welders, depending on the heat of their vision.

Or, of course, try to find someone important to him, since he wasn't around, when that person was picked up and tossed into Metropolis for whatever reason.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello folks who may or may not know the plague of stupid I carry!
    So, yeah, tossed my dice in with a carbon copy of my SupersITP character (which I lamented the untimely demise of).
    So, what's going on here in Metropolis?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose looking for his brother who turned out to be powered and shipped off to the Metropolis would be okay. Coupled with a healthy dose of frustration with supers in general(the war's cause would be connected to supers somehow) and a desire to one-up them to the best of his ability.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quick question. How powerful do you think I guy who could never die would be.

He could come in to varieties. One, he never ages, or two he literally could never be killed, shoot him in the head and he will get up eventually. What do you think?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Always coming back is doable as long as it's not high speed regeneration ala Wolverine.

Also I've thrown my interest in with a speedster because, come on! ya gotta have a speedster in a supers game. I'm pretty sure a Flash grade speedster would be a bit too much, he's not speed of light fast. Tops out at maybe Mach I?

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Shyftir View Post
    I'm pretty sure a Flash grade speedster would be a bit too much, he's not speed of light fast.
    Speed of light? Flash has run at thirteen trillion times the speed of light.

But yeah, a Mach 1 speedster would probably be doable.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

8. - Top - End - #98

SolithKnightGuy

I was speaking of my character not being speed of light. There are Allens who are so fast they are more like teleporters.

Also I just got my "superhero" name "Mach 1"
    Last edited by Shyftir; 2010-12-15 at 06:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

So, is it possible to run a character who has powers but isn't a prisoner? Because I have an idea for a character who's powers would be really hard to detect, and I'm thinking of different possibilities of what to do with him.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

10. - Top - End - #100

Seems as if anyone in Metropolis is a prisoner, except that the cops or whatever normal people crazy enough to actually want to be there can leave, whenever they want. I don't see why you couldn't make a character with a power that no one knows about, be allowed into the city, then allowed back out, if people don't discover the guy.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    I wish to join!

I also have a character idea!

Sergeant Spiky Bones or something like that. Basically hard and toughened military man that can use spike bone powers. So, he can shoot them from his fists or just grow them out and stuff like that.

Tough anterior but a big softy in the middle.
    So... Uhh... Anyone have any comments or anything like that?
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    So, is it possible to run a character who has powers but isn't a prisoner? Because I have an idea for a character who's powers would be really hard to detect, and I'm thinking of different possibilities of what to do with him.
    There was a character in old Metro who was able to fool detection for a while, by using her psychic imprinting powers to persuade the people doing the test into thinking that she's a normal. I'm not sure that there's any other way to avoid detection, besides having powers that let you do so.

I have my idea for a character ready - just popping off to do some research on densities of certain metals...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #103

Well, that certainly sounds like an interesting character!

Towards Sergeant Spiky Bones, though, we've already got a character that can shoot crystals from her body. Sounds like you've got the same power, only one is prettier. The personalities seem plenty different enough, though, and personality is what's really important (what the guy with the power to peel paint always hears).

- Myself

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Well, that certainly sounds like an interesting character!

Towards Sergeant Spiky Bones, though, we've already got a character that can shoot crystals from her body. Sounds like you've got the same power, only one is prettier. The personalities seem plenty different enough, though, and personality is what's really important (what the guy with the power to peel paint always hears).
    I'd say bones and crystals are different enough. I mean, what the bones and crystals themselves can do are fairly different.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, they have completely different densities and stuff like that.

Also it's kinda harder to form bone spikes into different shapes that you want.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

How dense would be those crystals anyway? I'm making a guy who can phase through things/turn intangible as his secondary power, but he can only phase through materials with a density less than 10 gcm-3.
    Leads to the amusing situation where he can phase through copper jacketed bullets... and then get hit by the lead cores inside them.

17. - Top - End - #107

Yes, it is true that the different "sprout something from your body to toss at someone" characters could have very different effects. I shall await some significant difference to the new guy's power, then?

Anyways, since I'd like my character to be able to move on, anyone wish to help me out in that Random Locations Slash Streets thread? If not, I can handle it by myself, I suppose.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-15 at 08:53 PM.

- Myself

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    How dense would be those crystals anyway? I'm making a guy who can phase through things/turn intangible as his secondary power, but he can only phase through materials with a density less than 10 gcm-3.
    Leads to the amusing situation where he can phase through copper jacketed bullets... and then get hit by the lead cores inside them.
    Hmmm...well, without doing any math...I'd say they're about as dense as aluminum. Just way harder. However, they can't go through steel. They just bounce off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    Anyways, since I'd like my character to be able to move on, anyone wish to help me out in that Random Locations Slash Streets thread? If not, I can handle it by myself, I suppose.
    You character could always stop by the store at #12 Highburn street.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #109

I would like to toss him into all of the other threads, actually. Oh, well, I suppose that I could do that thing that people here do, sometimes ---> Tossing your character into more than one place and hoping that something that you do in one thread doesn't kill you or something, since that would mean that the character couldn't have been in the other thread at all.

- Myself

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Posting this character sheet here for feedback before I post it to the character thread.

Photo:
    Full Name: Wess Klein Parker
    DoB: September 16
    Powers: None, Unless You Count Metro Law Enforcement Training, a Mechanical Engineering Degree, and a Law Degree
    Reason in City: Currently Serving As A Law Enforcement Officer
    Announced Items:
    Sidearm: Desert Eagle
    Wallet
    Silver Rolex Watch
    Aviators
    Earpiece (Communication System)
    Handkerchief
    Pen
    Paper
    Whatever else is issued to me to perform my tasks.
    Self Description and other Data:
    Eyes: Blue
    Complexion: Tan
    Heritage: Asian
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Trained to Metro cop standard. (Skill in knife fighting, eagle claw (hand to hand preferred fighting style), and weapons handling along with other KGB style stuff.) Holds a degree in law as well as mechanical engineering (since he took four years of mechanical engineering as pre-law then entered law school).
    Address: In Metropolis: 153 Washburn Avenue
    Apartment #13

Backstory:
    Wess was born down in tropical region along the planet's equator. He attended gradeschool surviving with a 3.9 GPA (curse you evil chemistry teacher). He was into sports and quickly demonstrated an aptitude for fencing, tennis, golf, and shooting. He attended college at quite a young age, around 14, due to an accelerated aptitude for learing, after which he was tested yet again to determine whether he was a mutant or not. The test returned negative, and Wess continued his academic pursuits. He graduated at 18 years of age with a degree in mechanical engineering. At 22, he finished his degree in law. Needless to say, in order to obtain these two degrees, he took a class load which was over the norm and rarely found time to sleep. Wess had no social life at the university, but he continued to practice the sports he had already learned for that time, with the edition of war games for fun. It was at this point that he decided he desired to serve in the military of his nation, but he would push it off until he obtained his degree. Upon the completion of his degree, he was promptly shipped to Metro to serve as a policeman in the particularily dangerous city, seeing as there were no wars currently occurring in his country that required his services in the military. He is a rookie, but is quickly learning just how brutal and powerful he can be from his seniors.

Personality: Bold, demeaning, and cold towards anyone he doesn't know. His notions of how to properly conduct warfare are categorized under General Sherman's total warfare notion. Wess grudgingly believes he is "helping" people, and he cares as much for the supers as for normal people but percieves supers as more of a threat. He hates everyone almost equally. He is very loyal and honorable, but he will do anything to accomplish a task assigned to him. He is confident in his abilities and will often use his wit and intellect to solve his problems when he is outclassed in fighting, which happens quite often in Metro. He relies on the other cops to support him, and generally sticks with a squad and employs squad tactics. He is very intimidating and regimented. He is additionally easily offended. However, he is actually quite kind and compassionate once one eventually becomes a friend of his, which is quite difficult for a super, or any other human really due to his tendency to push people away from him so that he can kill anyone if necessary without feeling guilty, if the mission calls for such an action. This leads to him being described as ruthless. He will kill anyone and everyone who stand in his way. This can be attributed to the fact that he is a great rookie and is following closely in the footsteps of the senior Metro cops.

Suggestions, comments, mallets with which to smack me for doing it all wrong?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2010-12-16 at 12:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Just posting to announce that the registry is now up to date again.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

2.7 g.cm-3 then. Practically harmless.
    Well, kinda.

New character incoming!
    Spoiler
    Show

Metropolis Metahuman Database, File TH#1138-42A

Full Name:
    DoB: 29-Feb-████ (Age 17)
    Photo:

Photograph taken post capture.
    Powers:
    • Constantly produces complex organic compounds of unknown composition - studied samples show similarities to pheromones secreted by a number of animal species, only much more complicated. Secreted pheromones have demonstrated minor mind altering - even hallucinogenic - effects when inhaled or absorbed through skin contact. Exact effect of pheromones vary - suspected to be result of conscious act of will on part of subject. For full list of displayed effects to date please refer to File #124T. Subject is seemingly immune to the effects of produced chemicals
    • Wing manifestation - wings display superficial similarities to those found on insects of order Lepidoptera, including Danaus plexippus and Papilio troilus. Despite size, wings show no effective flight capability - suspected to aid with distribution of mind affecting pheromones. ((Wings destroyed by fire damage as of time of edit. Also, who wrote this thing, Mr. Spock? Those were ****ing fairy wings, man. Geez.))
    • Subject has displayed ability to render himself, and an additional mass of roughly 100 kg, intangible and able to pass through solid objects. Subject is not capable of remaining intangible for a duration longer than he can hold breath, and has displayed no ability to date of being able to pass through, or render intangible, materials with a density of more than 10 g.cm-3.
      ((Density limitation confirmed as of Test #1267B, following Incident #52A. Heh. Who would have known that we put lead inside of our bullets these days?))

Reason in City: Prisoner
    Announced Items: Clothing. All other items confiscated upon capture.
    Self Description and Other Data:
    • Constantly wears heavy winter clothing, even indoors. ((Um... duh? It is winter. Maybe you haven't noticed, but it's freezing this time of year.))
    • Due to unusual biochemistry, subject has demonstrated increased susceptibility to a variety of foreign substances, including alcohol, nicotine, sedatives, anesthetics, painkillers, narcotics, hallucinogens, antidepressants and the like. ((For full list please refer to the results Test #1267C)). In case of medical emergency, it is recommended that medical professionals administer no more than one-third of standard dosages, even if ((Hell, especially if)) lowered dosage does not produce adequate results. ((We're serious here. DON'T DO IT.))

Address #: Currently homeless.

[hr]
    Last edited by Dr. Josef ███████ : ██-███-████ at ████

Comments?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 10:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Yay for our first cop representative, I type! I am noticing that this sheet (as well as those in the registry) have a lack of a Personality or Backstory section. What are your plans for this character? Defending mutants from overly oppressive cops, relentlessly pursuing the mutant who jaywalked right in front of him, or focusing on compensating in the face of all of the mutants by rising in the ranks and gaining his own kind of power?

And, to edit, Intangi-Pheromone-Fairy Man sounds plenty interesting. I am a large fan of the sheet. I didn't have any fun with mine. oh well.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-15 at 10:12 PM.

- Myself

24. - Top - End - #114

Kid Kris. Just a question here. Which power do you intend to be the major power?

The Pheromone release?

By the way I love what you did with the formatting.

That is all.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

The pheromones, yes.

I decided that it was a little bit too much information to be held on an ID card... presumably the card itself only has the Name, DoB and Power fields, with the rest being accessed through a scannable computer chip implanted within the card.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 10:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

... Okay, my next character idea has wings as well, but I honestly didn't see your butterfly-man until now.
    Her wings are a bit more batlike, small, and are useful only for the little claws on 'em.
    And her power involves telecommunications. Essentially, she can tune into things and sometimes talk into them. For example, she can listen to the radio with no radio, using her wings like little receivers. If she tries really hard, she can catch bits of phone conversations, though that's easier if she has a physical hold on the telephone line.
    Last edited by Beans; 2010-12-15 at 10:24 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Huh. Towards Wess, woah. Lots of specialties, there, for a twenty-one-year-old. Is his goal to wipe out all mutants with the sorts of crazy powers that make them better than those that have trained really hard to do the same thing without powers? Seems like he might be resentful.

Also, dang. Was I limiting myself to making my evil doctor a mere expert at biological type experiments? He could be an evil genius of any specialty, apparently! Anyways, I'll get on with my character getting hired at the hospital, so that he can finally get to some evil doctoring.

- Myself

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    ... Okay, my next character idea has wings as well, but I honestly didn't see your butterfly-man until now.
    Her wings are a bit more batlike, small, and are useful only for the little claws on 'em.
    And her power involves telecommunications. Essentially, she can tune into things and sometimes talk into them. For example, she can listen to the radio with no radio, using her wings like little receivers. If she tries really hard, she can catch bits of phone conversations, though that's easier if she has a physical hold on the telephone line.
    *gasp*
    It's DER TELEKOMM KONDUKTOR!
    Okay, maybe it isn't, but that doesn't mean I can't pretend it is!
    Nothing can keep us apart... e_e
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-15 at 10:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    *gasp*
    It's DER TELEKOMM KONDUKTOR!
    Okay, maybe it isn't, but that doesn't mean I can't pretend it is!
    Nothing can keep us apart... e_e
    If we ever have another Supers ITP, DTK will be back. I love her so.

But this is a kind of geeky gal with useless little wings and insert Radiohead joke here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Also I just noticed my Fairy Man has no name! Oh noes!
    But can't think of one, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Also I keep trying to imagine what he would look like with the wings, and... er...
    No. It's just too fabulous to take seriously. So I might have to ditch them. >.<