New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Hrm, I must've missed this. I liked Metro back in the day. I guess I could have...the guy I had before again, or someone similar.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

2. - Top - End - #152

SolithKnightGuy

So I wanna bring in Johan a.k.a. Mach 1, your friendly neighborhood delivery speedster. Into some storyline any suggestions?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

We should start a hilarious cat as well as mouse thing between your character and mine. You'll be delivering something to my guy. Everything will be normal, until he notices your super speed, at which point, my guy will start ranting about how crazy dangerous you could possibly be. He'll start trying to catch you, so that he can "fix" you. Huh. He might try to fix you in more than one way, actually, since these crazy powers might be inherited. Anyways, you'll easily get away, but he'll know where you work. It'll be a daily thing, with your guy always outwitting my guy. Ah, otherwise, I'm not seeing many plots. Show up within the nick of time and save some poor mutant from some bully cops?

To anyone, anyone wish to play their character or just an NPC to give my guy some practice at messing with mutants? Willing or unwilling, we can work something out. He'd be trying to figure out what causes their powers (some people are just some kind of psychic, while others just have really mutated sweat glands that allow them to open pocket dimensions) and get rid of it. Or he could try adding a bit of his own mutation to them, probably just seeing if he can transfer a memory or permanently dye their hair black, his color. Or something. Nothing too evil, yet. He's just starting out, you know. I could just grab some NPC, but I doubt that it would be as fun for everyone.

Also, I'm willing to play some evil cop NPCs, if anyone wants to do anything with them. Why not? Just trying to help.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

4. - Top - End - #154

SolithKnightGuy

Seems viable since my character's whole shtick is doing what a normal guy would do having been given super-speed. Make an easy living and have lots of fun with the ramifications of moving very very fast.

With a touch of the emo because he's a "Cursed with Awesome" character. Moving naturally at greater speed to everyone else would force you to miss out on certain pleasures of life but allow you access to others.

5. - Top - End - #155

Okay, well, what does your dude deliver? I can type something up in that residence thread, or you can just have your character get a call, while he's in the bar.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

6. - Top - End - #156

SolithKnightGuy

I altered things to be more of a entrepreneur with a courier service. As in he takes small items that need quick transportation.

7. - Top - End - #157

Got it. Well, mayhaps tomorrow, as I need to get up early, tomorrow. Have fun, dudes.

- Myself

8. - Top - End - #158

SolithKnightGuy

but Johan gets there first,
    The first time of many these words will be said in Metro. I think I'll start keeping a running count. (no pun intended)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Well, now that I've introduced Lech, I'm wondering where to put him next.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #160

Penelope could use some company in Random Locations...
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

11. - Top - End - #161

Visit the shrink and the hospitals, attempting to find out if the guy has been through, at some point? Do you know anything about the guy that your character is looking for? Got any plans for what would happen, if they eventually find each other? I could always have my evil doctor being evil with his doctoring of the guy, and your character could show up to save the day.

Which reminds myself ---> I mentioned in my character's backstory that he came from a poor Southern family that mooched off of his success. It would be hilarious if someone wanted to play another mutant from his family.

Also, looks as if we are no longer reviewing each other's characters before tossing them into the profile thread. Okay. I'll toss my No Friction Dude in there, then.

Also, also, if the psychologist is in, my guy might show up to interact, why not?

Huh. To edit ---> I did not see that coming.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-18 at 08:26 PM.

- Myself

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Aw man, it seems anti-grav girl will have to wait until after Christmas.

That shucks.

I really need to actually read any of the IC as well... Oh well, next year maybe
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #163

Holidays getting in the way? Huh. I should have my Guy With The Ability To Not Change empathize with Scrooge. "Poor guy. He was a sensible guy, before some hallucinations made him change!" Anyways, I am looking forward to the more technologically-oriented to do cool stuffs.

- Myself

14. - Top - End - #164

Just going to say. I'm really tempted to have someone going around stealing what little christmas cheer exists in the metropolis. Sort of a grinch who stole christmas deal.

Would anyone be interested?

15. - Top - End - #165

A character with the ability to drain happiness? Certainly could be fun, at this time of year, but my character wouldn't be of any use for him. I'd type ---> Go for it. Although, you do still have Lightning Lass. *hides*

- Myself

16. - Top - End - #166

..No no not a power to drain happiness. He'll just run around stealing christmas presents and trees and stuff, and making a huge cache of them to destroy.

Probably a powered but not an emotion related power.
    Last edited by celtois; 2010-12-18 at 08:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

Ah. Well, either way, I'd be for it occurring. The guy could be a Grinch-like dude and somehow related to Luc I. Ferris, the devil-looking landlord at the apartment building. I'll help out with whatever.

- Myself

18. - Top - End - #168

Hmm that's not a bad idea. He gets the keys to the apartments, steals all their Christmas stuff and heads off to his secret lair.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Hmm that's not a bad idea. He gets the keys to the apartments, steals all their Christmas stuff and heads off to his secret lair.
    That would piss off Krystal so much...

I'm for it!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #170

Dr. Farcy could, I suppose, have some eggnog that he purchased just for the holidays. He's too self-centered to care about the holidays much. I could still have him outraged that some horrible mutant stole something from him. Yay for all of our characters having some goal?

Or this could be a good point for my No Friction Dude to show up to try to be a hero.

Or I could just come up with some cute little girl NPC to show your guy the true meaning of Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah. Whatever works.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-12-18 at 10:32 PM.

- Myself

21. - Top - End - #171

Yeah, well the point is that he won't be defeatable easily. Through brute force. But instead through showing him the meaning of it.

22. - Top - End - #172

And then he would steal Quartz's little homeless person Christmas tree.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Metro] Metropolis OOC

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Yeah, well the point is that he won't be defeatable easily. Through brute force. But instead through showing him the meaning of it.
    Ok, get in the spirits of Christmas Thanksmassnewyearskwanzaakkah Past, Present and Yet To Come!

I think I may have time for a write up for my character actually, but it's only a slight chance.

If I manage, I am so having her decorating the city for the holidays whether the prisoners/cops/guests want it
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. Say, would anyone be perhaps up to RPing Lech's brother once he actually finds him?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #175

In the interest of activities taking place in this universe, sure, I would. Why not? I already asked about what, if anything, you may have in mind for the character, so, here's a restatement of that, I suppose.

- Myself

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I did read your post and began to think about fleshing out the character of Lech's brother. If you want to play him, the details are left to you, up and including the circumstances in which they finally meet, of course.

27. - Top - End - #177

Don't Blink or you'll miss it.

Blinks string of Christmas thefts begins today, and so the How Blink Stole Christmas plot begins.

28. - Top - End - #178

Dr. Farcy will be in his apartment, being Scroogey. He'll also, I suppose, be in other places, if it looks as if there's interaction to be had.

In other plots, I'll be coming up with something, using your Lech character for inspiration, Morty. Too bad I don't know much about Poland, but I could make the kid too young for much to have stuck, or he could have been messed with in some way, so that he doesn't remember stuff, which could make for some drama, when they meet.

- Myself

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I intended Lech's brother to be his younger brother - the type of a younger sibling who always gets in trouble that his older brother has to bail him out of. The way I imagine it, Lech heard that his brother ended up in Metropolis - which probably indicates that there are no such prisons in Europe - after travelling to the US and he went to get him out. Other than that, well, do as you want. Before you come up with something you're satisfied with, I'll have Lech wander around and do other stuff... and if you need some info about Poland for the backstory, ask me.

30. - Top - End - #180

I edited my No Friction Dude's profile. No Friction Dude is now the Lech character's younger brother. Woo as well as Hoo! I wanted to have him show up to attempt something superly heroic, but, if your Grinch Blink dude doesn't feel like stealing from my other character (who's been waiting in the apartment thread), I can post something about No Friction Dude hanging out in the neglected Travel Network thread.

Otherwise, go Lightning Lass, go! Stop that Trygaunt thingy in the Nexus universe! Unfortunately, my other characters can't just pop in to help out.

- Myself