New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

eek Crystal keep witdraws all D&D

As the title says they have taken everything down by request of WotC, I gotta say this sucks for being away from books and at work ect. What are your guys thoughts on this?
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crystal keep witdraws all D&D

Quote Originally Posted by GodGoblin View Post
    As the title says they have taken everything down by request of WotC, I gotta say this sucks for being away from books and at work ect. What are your guys thoughts on this?
    My thought is that we had a thread on this about a week ago. Sucked then, sucks now.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

The last thread on this topic was locked, so I don't think we're allowed to discuss this topic further. The bulk of the discussion that was had is in another thread you can follow through the thread I linked.

To summarize, it sucks, WotC is within their rights, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah didnt see the other thread and only just went back to Crystal Keep, yeah real shame but if I was Wotc I would probably do the same, why sell your product when others are just giving it away?

Edit; Seeing as im just slow on the uptake and this has all been said before a lock or delete of the thread may be in order
    Last edited by GodGoblin; 2010-12-20 at 09:47 AM.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The other one went from discussing it to providing links to mirror sites and other such ways to bypass their legal right.

But yeah, it's quite inconvenient.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah didnt see the other thread and only just went back to Crystal Keep, yeah real shame but if I was Wotc I would probably do the same, why sell your product when others are just giving it away?
    Well that's the irony of it. 3.0 and 3.5 are out of print and not being supported by WotC, so they're not making any money on it anymore. I can understand asking them to remove 4.0 content, but the earlier versions are just the intellectual copyright equivolent of "take my ball and go home".

Now WotC could make some money off 3.0 and 3.5 if they started releasing out of print rulebooks in PDFs... I'd pay for official copies of those suckers!
    Ding, You've Got Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live. - Samuel Clemens

Oh, and DFTBA.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

As already said, they're not even selling their product. They just want to kill it dead

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, because removing it will have people buy 4e stuff and not linger on 3rd edition. Because obviously not selling the books anymore also means that the books that where sold have magically disappeared.
    "Quick Draw. It grants the ability to turn any boring non-combat scenario into combat as a FREE ACTION."-Deleted User

Handy links:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Totally off-topic, but... nice new avatar, Serp. I'm guessing that's mistletoe?
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!