New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Homebrew Edition! Come in and Help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post

It's a CR 19 wolf/dragon/beaver that Solars use as battle mounts.

Figured I'd start you off with a nice easy one

I'll probably get it started once I finish Illurien in the non-homebrew thread. Unless somebody else wants to get it done.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-01-09 at 03:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Homebrew Edition! Come in and Help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post

I'll probably get it started once I finish Illurien in the non-homebrew thread. Unless somebody else wants to get it done.
    Thanks much.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Apparently, there is a six week period before this is necro-posting. Either way, I'm calling the Arc Walker, and have started work on it. This... Should be interesting.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladesmith View Post
    Apparently, there is a six week period before this is necro-posting. Either way, I'm calling the Arc Walker, and have started work on it. This... Should be interesting.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

I knew it would be K-B to request the arc walker when I was PMed about it.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #36

GreataxeFighterGuy

Arc Walker
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: D8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1 | +2|+2|+0| Arc Walker body, Rainbow whirlwind, +1 Str
    2| +2| +3|+3|+0| Prismatic Breath(least), +1 Con
    3| +3| +3|+3|+1| The Color of Good, +1 Cha
    4| +4| +4|+4|+1| Rainbow Aura, +1 Str
    5| +5| +4|+4|+1| Iridescent Combat, Growth, +1 Con
    6| +6| +5|+5|+2| Flight+1 Cha
    7| +7| +5|+5|+2| Prismatic Breath(lesser), +1 Str
    8| +8| +6|+6|+2| Iridescent Tornado, +1 Con
    9| +9| +6|+6|+3| +1 Cha
    10| +10|+7|+7|+3| +1 Str
    11| +11|+7|+7|+3| +1 Con
    12| +12|+8|+8|+4| Prismatic Breath(greater), +1 Cha
    13| +13|+8|+8|+4| +1 Str
    14| +14|+9|+9|+4| +1 Con
    15| +15|+9|+9|+5| +1 Cha
    16| +16|+10|+10|+5| +1 Str
    17| +17|+10|+10|+5| Prismatic Breath(full), +1 Con
    18| +18|+11|+11|+6| +1 Cha
    19| +19|+11|+11|+6|+1 Str[/TABLE]

Skill points at 1st level:
    (4 + Int) x4
    Skill points at each level: (4 + Int)
    Class Skills: The Arc Walker’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (The Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Arc Walker Body: Loses all racial traits, and gains Magical Beast traits. It is a medium sized creature, with a land speed of 40’, a primary bite attack that deals 1d8+Str damage, and a secondary tail slap attack that deals 1d6+ ½ Str damage. As of yet, its claws are too small to be effective weapons. It is immune to acid, cold, and petrification, and has a natural armor bonus equal to its Con modifier.

Arc Walkers communicate mainly through telepathy, and can project and receive thoughts from 30’ away at first level, with the distance increasing by 5’ per HD of the Arc Walker. If farther away, the Arc Walker can bark loudly, which mentally implants a single simple idea in the minds of all allies which the Arc Walker specifies that can hear the bark. The Arc Walker can bark loud enough to create a noise loud enough to act as a -15 listen check, though it can choose to be quieter.

Ability score increases: At 1st level, and every three levels thereafter, the Arc Walker gains +1 Strength. At second level, and every three levels thereafter, he gains +1 Constitution. Every three levels, he gains +1 Charisma. This all adds up to a total of +7 Str, +6 Con, and +6 Cha.

Rainbow Whirlwind: An Arc Walker is gifted with extraordinary coordination, and makes all secondary natural attacks at a -2, as if it had the Multiattack feat. Also, as part of a full-round attack, the Arc Walker can make one additional attack at the attack bonus of his secondary attacks, though all attacks take a -2 penalty.
    Additionally, the Arc Walker can multiclass freely with the Paladin, and an Arc Walker’s class levels stack with the Paladin for determining damage and number of daily uses of Smite Evil.

Prismatic Breath:
    Once every 1d4 rounds, an Arc Walker can breathe a (5’/ HD) cone of prismatic colors, doing 1 damage of each energy type(fire, cold, acid, electricity, and sonic). Any creature caught in the blast is allowed a Reflex save(DC 10+ 1/2 HD+ Con modifier) for half damage. Any creature that fails the save is also affected by another effect, rolled randomly on the table below. Any saves required by these effects are made at the same DC as the original Reflex save. The effects become more potent as the Arc Walker gains levels, as indicated on the class table. The Arc Walker can choose to deal a lesser category of effect before it uses the breath weapon, but the type of effect is always random.
    {table]1d8|Least(2nd level)|Lesser(7th level)|Greater(12th level)|Full(17th level)
    1|1 additional point of fire damage per HD|1 additional point of fire damage per HD|1 additional point of fire damage per HD|1 additional point of fire damage per HD
    2|1 additional point of acid damage per HD|1 additional point of acid damage per HD|1 additional point of acid damage per HD|1 additional point of acid damage per HD
    3|1 additional point of electricity damage per HD|1 additional point of electricity damage per HD|1 additional point of electricity damage per HD|1 additional point of electricity damage per HD
    4|1 Con damage. (Fort Negates)|1d6 Con damage. (Fort negates)|2d6 Con damage. (Fort negates)|Poison (Kills; Fortitude partial, take 1d6 points of Con damage instead)
    5|Stunned for 1 round.(Fort negates)|Slowed for 1 round/HD. (Fort Negates)|Paralyzed for 1d4 rounds. (Fort negates)|Turned to stone (Fort negates)
    6|Dazed for 1 round/ HD. (Will negates)|Confused for 1 round/ HD. (Will negates)|Eyebite for 1 round/ 2 HD. (Will negates)|Insane, as insanity spell (Will negates)
    7|Pushed 5 ft back from the Arc Walker(Will negates)|Teleported 100’ away in a random direction. (Will negates.)|Teleported 1 mile away in a random direction. (Will negates)|Sent to another plane. (Will negates)
    8|Roll twice more, ignoring any "8" results|Roll twice more, ignoring any "8" results|Roll twice more, ignoring any "8" results|Roll twice more, ignoring any "8" results[/table]
    The damage of Prismatic Breath increases to 1d4/energy type at 4th level, and increases by 1d4/energy type/4 HD, for a total of 5d4/energy type(25d4 total) at 20 HD.

The Color of Good: At 3rd level, the Arc Walker begins to realize its potential as a true servant of the angels. It gains resistance to electricity and fire, and DR/magic equal to ½ HD. It also gains use of Detect Evil at will, as the paladin ability, and the following spell-like abilities 1/day/HD: Color Spray, Light, Remove Fear. At 10th level, these spell-like abilities can be used at will.

Rainbow Aura: Beginning at 4th level, the Arc Walker can exude a flat disc of prismatic energy that heals allies, and can support the Arc Walker over short distances. 1/day/2 HD the Arc Walker can activate this ability as a swift action, causing the ground within 10’ of him to glow with an iridescent burst of color. The Arc Walker, and any ally that enters this area gains Fast Healing equal to 1/2 of the Arc Walker’s HD for every turn it starts in this area. Also, while this ability is active, the Arc Walker can choose to run on the air, as the Air Walk spell, for a single move action. This ability functions for a number of rounds equal to the Arc Walker’s Cha modifier. Ending this ability is a free action.

Iridescent Combat: Arc Walkers are among the elite cavalry of Celestia, and are learning to fight demons and devils almost as soon as they can walk. At 5th level, the Arc Walker gains the use of one martial maneuver from the Devoted Spirit school, with the maneuver’s level not exceeding ½ the Arc Walker’s HD. This maneuver is useable once per encounter, though if the Arc Walker later gains levels in a martial adept class, treat this as an extra granted and readied maneuver, recoverable in the same manner as the new class’ other maneuvers. For every two Arc Walker levels gained after this, the Arc Walker can choose to switch this maneuver for one of a higher level that he qualifies for.

Also, 1/day/ 5HD, the Arc Walker can focus his power on a single onslaught against an evil outsider, adding his Cha modifier to attack rolls for one round, and dealing additional damage equal to his breath weapon(without any additional effects) with every natural attack that round.

Growth: Upon reaching fifth level the Arc Walker becomes large sized, with the space and reach of a long creature. The damage of its natural attacks increase as appropriate, and additionally the Arc Walker gains two claw attacks, dealing 1d8+1/2 Str damage each. Also, every time the Arc Walker gains a size category, its land speed increases by 10’.

At 10th level, the Arc Walker becomes Huge.
    At 15th level, the Arc Walker becomes Gargantuan.
    At 20th level, the Arc Walker becomes Colossal.

Flight: At 6th level the Arc Walker finally takes to the air, gaining a fly speed of 10’ per HD, with Clumsy maneuverability.
    At 9 HD, the Arc Walker’s maneuverability becomes Poor.
    At 12 HD, maneuverability is Average.
    At 15 HD, maneuverability is Good.

Iridescent Tornado: Beginning at 8th level, the Arc Walker becomes a whirlwind of terrible destruction. The Arc Walker no longer takes penalties to the attack bonus of secondary weapons, as if he had the Improved Multiattack feat. Also, as a full round action, the Arc Walker can whirl in a complete circle, making a tail slap attack against every adjacent foe. Any creature hit by the tail slap must make a Fort save DC 10+1/2 HD+ Cha modifier or be dazed for one round.

Comments and Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Comments: Big friggin' Wolfdragonbeaver. Of rainbows, unicorns, and fluffy bunnies. Or not. Obviously not done yet, but its a start. I think I'm going to have to pare down the breath weapon table a lot. Also, I think there are a lot of ability score increases that it might not actually need. Still, if you would like to see the original monster, by Temotei, you can find it HERE.

Changelog: For there will be many.

7. - Top - End - #37

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hey, sorry if I spoiled anyone's day by making them think that I was anywhere near done with this. However, I did want to prove that I was working on it, albeit slowly, and give them something to look at. Right now, my concerns run thusly:
    - The breath weapon table is annoying, and probably overpowered at times.
    - Scaling uses for the Rainbow Aura, ultimately coming near the original creature's rainbow bridge thing. Mostly, I think they will focus on being battle-form type abilities with a utility use or two, and will give the Arc Walker some way to aid his comrades.
    - Not sure whether I should ditch SLA's all together, or make a series of abilities similar to "Color of Good". Of course, the capstone can only be called "Taste the Rainbow".

Do not worry though. I don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands now, but it is on my mind, and it will be finished.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

[Soul Mimic]

The Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Soul Mimic Body, The Plus and Minus, Proficiency Morph

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |KABONG!, Skill Morph

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Natural Hover 10ft., Chomp.

4th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Blockade, Powerball

5th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Needleshot

6th|
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |MUNCH!, Imbue

7th|
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Natural Hover 20ft, Batterball

8th|
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    |The Soul Marksman, Symbiosis
    [/table]
    Skills Points at 1rst Level: (1+Intelligence Modifier) x 4
    Skills Points at Each Level: (1+Intelligence Modifier)
    Class Skills: The Soul Mimic's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Each listed individually), Listen (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Spot(Wis), Use Rope (Dex).

Proficiencies: The Soul Mimic has a natural bite attack for 1d4 + Str modifier.

Soul Mimic Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Soul Mimic.

Class Feature: Soul Mimic Body
    Upon taking the first level in Soul Mimic, a player loses all other racial traits and gains the following traits.
    -30ft Movement
    -Natural Hover up to Five Feet
    -Fall Damage reduced to 1d6 per 20 Feet.
    -Small Size
    -Does not speak outside of sounds resembling clicks. However, the Soul mimic is sentient and may learn and convey basic messages such as "Danger", "Hungry" and the like through charades and clicks of varying tone and urgency. Allies who spend at least a week in the Soul mimic's company learn most of the cues.
    -Due to the nature of communication, Soul Mimics cannot share the complex information that may come from Knowledge checks. At best, they can try and direct their allies in a game of charades. ("Left, die. Right, live. Go right!")
    -Gains 1 Constitution every odd level, and 1 Strength every even level for a total of +4/+4 str/con at 8th level. Gains 1 AC per level and con Modifier, for a total of +10 at Eighth Level.
    -Vital Vision: Soul Mimic vision is unaffected by the time of day or weather. Soul mimics see the vital essence of living things, gaining a +4 circumstantial bonus to spot when a living thing is attempting to hide behind a non-living thing (Such as a person hiding behind a rock), and a -4 circumstantial penalty when a living thing hides within a living thing. (Such as a person hiding behind a bush or tree)

Class Feature:Plus and Minus
    At First Level and conception, the Soul Mimic is given a plus and minus.

A "Plus" is beneficial in extreme ways to the Soul Mimic. It gains natural damage reduction of 2 from damage sources of Plus, and ingesting solid or liquid forms of the plus heals the Soul Mimic. Out of combat and in resting situations, the Soul Mimic's healing is tripled if a source of Plus is available for consuming.

In combat, this manifests into the Soul Mimic's natural bite attack. Making a successful bite attack against a creature or item of the Mimic's plus causes it to heal for 2 + the damage dealt.

A "Minus" is detrimental in extreme ways to the Soul Mimic. It takes an additional 2 damage from damage sources of this Minus, and ingesting the minus will cause steady damage. Should the Soul mimic be covered by the minus, it will take 10% of its maximum hit points as damage (rounded down) per round until the minus is removed.

The following list contains the selections for Plus and Minus

A GM may determine if the Mimic's plus/minus are determined randomly, picked by the player, or picked by the GM at their own discretion upon application to a game.

Should the player not be the one picking them, the GM may also choose not to reveal this.

Extreme Heat (Boiling and above)
    Extreme Cold (Freezing and below)
    Metal
    Wood
    Toxins
    Acid
    Blood
    Spectral residue
    (Other ideas welcome)

Class Feature: Proficiency Morph
    At first level and every level thereafter, the Soul Mimic may select a Weapon from Simple, Martial, or Exotic weapon proficiencies. The Soul Mimic may then transform into a weapon of that type for an ally to use.

While wielded in the form of a weapon, the ally uses the Mimic and deals damage as the weapon it morphed into, with half the mimic's Str or Con bonus, whichever is higher, as bonus damage.

While being wielded in this way, the Soul Mimic's Initiative is set just after the Ally wielding it, and may utilize its attacks as the weapon it transformed into, but it may only strike targets that the ally is in range of.

Should the Soul mimic become a shield, it instead adds half its str+con bonus as additional AC. On applicable savings throws, the Mimic adds half its saving throw bonus to the wielder.

While being wielded as a shield, the mimic may use its bite attack where AoO are provoked.

The Soul Mimic may be targeted separately.

Class Feature: KABONG!
    At Second Level, the Soul Mimic may make a full round action to fling itself at high speeds in a straight line. The Soul Mimic's movement is increased to 60ft and will collide with the first thing it flies into, ally, enemy, or wall alike.

The kabong deals 2d4 + Str + Con modifiers to the person or object it collided with, and 2d4 - Con modifer to the Soul Mimic, with a minimum of 2 damage.

This provokes an AoO where applicable at -4 attack bonus.

A reflex save of 10 + Soul Mimics HD + Dex + 1 per 5ft traveled completely avoids the damage.

Class Feature: Skill Morph
    At second level the Soul Mimic may take on the shape of basic tools such as hammers or lockpicks. It may then be used by an ally who gains a circumstance bonus of 2 + the Soul Mimic's Skill level in the respectful skill.

In addition, the Mimic's ability to morph itself and hover allows it to apply +1 bonus to the following skills for every 2 levels of Soul Mimic taken.

It may apply +1 for every 4 levels taken in another class or classes.

Move Silently
    Disguise
    Escape Artist

Class Feature: Natural Hover 10ft.
    As described, as well as further reducing fall damage to 1d6 per 40ft.

Class Feature: Chomp
    At Third level the Soul Mimic's natural bite evolves into Chomp. This chomp deals 1d8 + Str mod x 1.5, rounded down. If used to heal via ingesting a plus in combat, the Soul Mimic is healed by 4 + damage done.

In addition, the Soul Mimic may dismantle non-magical equipment by this use, effectively and permanently disarming an opponent. The Soul mimic may target a weapon, a suit of armor (Causing a -2 damage penalty or removing 3AC per chomp), or even natural weapons and armor (Causing a -2 damage penalty per chomp and -2AC per chomp.)

Class Feature: Blockade
    At Fourth Level, the Soul Mimic may turn itself into a wall spanning 10ft wide by 10ft. high.

While using Blockade, the Soul mimic gains a stacking damage reduction of 4 as well as complete immunity to its "Plus". However, it takes double damage from sources of its "Minus."

As a free action during anyone's turn, the Soul Mimic may revert to its normal form.

Class Feature: Powerball
    At fourth level, the Soul Mimic's kabong's damage is increased to 2d8 + Str mod+ Con mod, and if it strikes a person or an object, it may ricochet in a different direction (But still within a straight line) for an additional 10ft and kabong another target.

Self damage is taken on all collisions.

The Soul Mimic may only ricochet a maximum amount of times equal to its dexterity bonus, and may only hit an individual once per kabong.

Class Feature: Needleshot
    At fifth level, the Soul Mimic gains a new natural attack. The Soul Mimic sharpens one of its arms and then lashes out violently, attempting to impale a threat at range.

Needleshot is a ranged touched attack that deals 2d6 + Str mod at a range up to 40ft.

Needleshot may be used while being wielded as a Shield.

Class Feature: MUNCH!
    Sixth level further evolves Chomp to deal 2d8 + 2 x Str mod damage, and when used to heal in combat via ingesting a Plus, the heal is increased to 8 + damage dealt.

Further enhances the dismantling of non-magical equipment, causing a damage penalty of -4 and an AC reduction of 6 per munch. Further enhances the mutilation of natural weapons and armor, causing a damage penalty of -3 and an AC reduction of 4 per munch.

Class Feature: Imbue
    At sixth level, the Soul Mimic may ingest a magical item of basic combat properties (Damage, Attack, AC, Damage Reduction, Savings Throws, Attributes) to gain the bonus. Only one item may be ingested for a bonus at a time.

If a new item is to be ingested, the old bonuses are lost and the previous item is considered scrap.

It is not wise nor recommended to consider ingesting artifacts.

Class Feature: Natural Hover 20ft
    As described, as well as permanently providing a Featherfall effect as the Mimic approaches ground after a fall.

Class Feature: Batterball
    Any individuals struck by Kabong or the Powerball ricochets must make a fortitude save of 10 + Soul Mimic's Str mod+ Con mod+ HD or become dazed.

Class Feature: The Soul Marksman
    At Eighth Level, Needleshot may now be aimed for specific parts of the body.

Head: Successful hits cause a 'critical confirm' for double damage. Failing the critical confirm causes 1d6 + Str mod.
    Arm: Deals 1d6 + Str mod. Causes non-stacking -4 on Attack Rolls and -2 on damage rolls if Needleshot hits.
    Leg: Deals 1d4 + Str mod. Cuts movement rate in half.

Penalties last for two rounds

Class Feature: Symbiosis

At Eighth level, the Soul mimic has fully matured and is ready to begin the reproductive process.

Gestation takes a very long time, but the first step is simple. Find a suitable host. Once a host is selected, gestation begins.

This bonding between the two entities empowers the Soul Mimic while the the two are in close proximity (100ft.) in the following ways.
    -While being wielded as a weapon, the Soul mimic uses its full Str or Con modifier, whichever is higher, for bonus damage. At every even HD after Eight, this bonus damage increases by 1.
    -The Soul Mimic and the Ally wielding the Mimic as weapon or shield gain 4 damage reduction.
    -While wielded as a weapon, the Mimic adds half its BAB to the wielder's attack rolls.
    -Needleshot deals 3d6 + 3 x Str Mod damage for Normal and successful Headshots. Deals 2d6 +2 x Str mod for Arm shots. Deals 1d4 + 2 x Str mod for leg shots.
    -The Soul Mimic may heal the bonded entity for 1d4 as a swift action, losing hit points equivalent to the amount healed.
    -The Soul Mimic deals an additional six damage on all successful attacks, and suffers a minimum of 1 damage and a maximum of 3 damage from KABONG! and powerball collisions. This bonus damage does not apply while being used as a weapon.

Restrictions
    -A Mimic will never bond with an entity that so completely opposes them. (Someone just completely unwilling to be the host, someone whose alignment is completely incompatible, etc etc.)
    -A mimic may only perform one bond at a time; Should the host die and the offspring be lost, the Mimic will seek to find a new, compatible host.

Comments/Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show

Comments
    I'm not entirely sure what this monster really is. Working with limited information.

However, it's a bit of a basher / supporter, obviously favoring melee classes like the Fighter or others, as they receive so little love anyways.

Fairly high mobility through the use of KABONG! and powerball ricochets, letting it get where it needs to be or just cause a whole mess of pain.

Needleshot provides it with a ranged attack that it can utilize when going in close is too dangerous.

The "Plus" and "Minus" needs work. It feels too inconsequential as it is, and could be gamed easily to fit a scenario. Perhaps making it a random roll would be better.

Changelog
    Shifted the Hitdice from d6 to d8.
    Clarified some things.
    Needleshot penalties reduced, given specific duration.
    Added restrictions to Symbiosis.
    Made the Mimic weapon less redonkulous.
    Natural Hover 20ft now provides permanent featherfall.

v2
    Made more clarifications.
    Aimed Needleshot damage specified. Reduced attack penalty, added damage reduction to Arm shot. Headshot now has a penalty so it's not brainless.
    Empowered Needleshot damage specified for specific targets.
    Edited "Bonded" bonuses a slight bit.
    Class Feature Imbue now includes Attribute bonuses as well as clarifying what happens when items are "swapped".
    Added a clause for Plus/Minus giving the GM discretion in how these are selected. Revealing said information is also discretionary.

Last edited by Das Beeg Kabooa; 2011-02-25 at 04:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

On proficiency morph it should say "the Soul mimic will deal damage as the weapon, as well as adding half its Con and Strength modifiers to damage."

Kabong needs to say strength and constitution modifier, and so does powerball.

under skill morph, the word you're looking for is "Respectful" not "respectable."

Needleshot needs to say mod or modifier too. Needleshot is also a ranged touch attack, meaning natural armor and armor from non magical armor doesn't apply anyway, so that doesn't need to be specified.

chomp and munch both need to specify "Modifier" and munch being "MUNCH!" in the text is kind of irritating, no offense.

The soul marksman: -8 seems too powerful, and it doesn't specify it can only be used once, which means against any humanoid enemy, you can potentially reduce their attack by 16. Also, the "Any healing will take away the penalties." will probably make the other two never be used.

Symbiosis: The soul mimic gives a bonded creature a +8 bonus to attack minimum, adds its strength and Constitution modifiers to damage, gets an additional +6 bonus to damage rolls, and 4 stackable DR? That's a fairly powerful weapon for 8th level.

"The Soul Mimic may heal the bonded entity at a rate of 1d4 hit points per round by transferring its own health." Does that mean the mimic also loses 1d4 hit points per round?

When the soul mimic uses its ability to give an ally its saving throws, does that mean they get the full saving throw as a bonus, or what?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-02-24 at 03:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Noted, editing, and clarifying.

11. - Top - End - #41

If the Mimic has a fort save of 4, and is being wielded as a shield, it may add 2/4 to the wielder's Fort save.

It is a powerful weapon for level eight; Perhaps a bit too much that should scale more with generic levels rather than just level eight.

Aimed towards making a fairly decent combat class that excelled when joining up with another fighter. Exploring options to make it more 'active' while being used in this manner however.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Das Beeg Kabooa View Post

It is a powerful weapon for level eight; Perhaps a bit too much that should scale more with generic levels rather than just level eight.
    That's probably a good idea. I'd make the attack and damage bonuses lower too. At the moment, at level 10, you potentially have a +10 bonus to attack rolls, plus a guaranteed +10 bonus to damage rolls without any other boosts.

EDIT: At hover 20 feet, just give them a permanent feather fall effect. It's not overpowered since you can get the same thing for 1500 or so GP anyway, and you get it at 7th level.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-02-24 at 03:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Clarified a bit more, toned down the weapon both initially and at level eight.

Added the featherfall bit. Was easier than elongating the 1d6perXft.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Under restrictions it says the mimic can only do it once, but then it says if the offspring dies it will look for somebody else.

Also, I suggest getting rid of the damage bonus altogether. whoever wield the thing is getting some pretty good abilities already, they don't also need an additional 6 damage on every attack especially when they're already getting a damage bonus from your strength/Constitution.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-02-24 at 04:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Bad wording.

Added a clause stating the +6 damage doesn't apply while being used as a weapon.

Still applies to kabong and powerball, needleshot, and the bite attacks.

Clarified symbiosis with "One bond at a time."
    Last edited by Das Beeg Kabooa; 2011-02-24 at 04:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Bad wording.

Added a clause stating the +6 damage doesn't apply while being used as a weapon.

Still applies to kabong and powerball, needleshot, and the bite attacks.

Clarified symbiosis with "One bond at a time."
    With that in mind, I'll look at it again later when I have more time.

17. - Top - End - #47

Added a penalty to Headshot so it wasn't so brainless.
    Specified damage for Arm and Legshot.
    Specified Empowered Needleshot damage.
    Added GM discretion when determining how Plus/Minus are chosen.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Added a penalty to Headshot so it wasn't so brainless.
    Pun intended?

19. - Top - End - #49

Pun intended?
    Never!

Maybe.

I cannot confirm nor deny.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Never!

Maybe.

I cannot confirm nor deny.
    I'm just going to assume that's a yes.

21. - Top - End - #51

I'm just going to assume that's a yes.
    Oath of silence.

Also removed teh blue.

Edit: Also retweaking Skill Morph so it's more individually useful.
    Edit: Also clarified that complex Knowledge check results, should any be taken, are not able to be shared with party mates due to the nature of communication.
    Last edited by Das Beeg Kabooa; 2011-02-25 at 04:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Black Dragon Wyrmling

Monster Class
    Paizo Core/Pathfinder SRD

Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|
    Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Black Dragon Body, Puny Build, Breath Weapon, Acid Resistance

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Wings, Speed Increase (+10'), +1 Con, +1 Str

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Water Adaptation, Speed Increase (+20') +1 Con, +1 Cha[/table]

Skill Points: (6 + Int modifier) per level, x4 at first level.
    Class Skills: The Black Dragon’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Proficiencies: The Black Dragon gains proficiency with only its natural weapons.

Black Dragon Body: The Black Dragon loses all other racial bonuses and becomes a Dragon (Water). It gains Dragon traits, granting it Darkvision out to 60 feet, low light vision, and immunity to magical sleep effects and paralysis effects. A Black Dragon can breathe underwater. Black Dragons are initially small sized creatures with a base land speed of 50', possessing a primary Bite attack that deal 1d4+ 1.5x Str modifier damage and two primary claw attacks that deal 1d3+Str modifier damage and Natural Armor equal to their Con modifier. A Black Dragon has Draconic as a starting language, with additional languages for a high Int score as normal.

Puny Build: The physical stature of Black Dragons makes them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a Black Dragon is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), she is treated as one size smaller. A Black Dragon is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. However, the space and reach of a Black Dragon remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.

Attribute Increase: The Black Dragon gains +1 to Con at levels 2 and 3, +1 to Str at 2 and +1 to Cha at level 3 for a total increase of +2 Con, +1 Str, and +1 Cha at 3rd level.

Breath Weapon (Su): Starting at 1st level the Black Dragon gains the ability to exhale a 30 ft line of acid dealing 2d6 damage as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Those caught in the breath weapon may attempt a reflex save against DC (10+1/2 HD + Con Modifier) to take half damage. A black dragon can use its breath weapon only once every 1d4 rounds. A breath weapon always starts at an intersection adjacent to the dragon and extends in a direction of the dragon's choice. A black dragon may use its breath weapon while grappled.

Acid Resistance (Ex): At 1st level the Black Dragon has Acid Resistance 15.

Wings (Ex): At 2nd Level, the Black Dragon learns to use its wings to augment its jumps, gaining a +10 racial bonus to Jump checks.

Speed Increase (Ex): At 2nd level, the Black Dragon's base land speed increases by 10 ft. It increases again at 3rd level by 10 ft.

Water Adaptation (Ex): At 3rd level the Black Dragon gains a swim speed equal to its base land speed.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will freely admit that this is a completely experimental class, and that it's not technically homebrew. However, it doesn't go in the main thread, as it's based on non-3.5 dragons. So yeah.

I'm envisioning the Black Dragon as a blaster type at this point, using its breath weapon to deal damage to a bunch of enemies at once. It's very passive, but this is when its just getting its legs under it. It should be able to kill with its breath weapon, and its additional levels just provide boosts to its ability to move around. It's stealthy (but doesn't have racial bonuses to hiding; effective Tiny size helps that out.), and ambushy.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    First version posted

3/10/11: Changed 'Small Build' to Puny Build.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2011-03-10 at 08:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Reserved for "True Dragon Juvenile" and other classes based on my True Dragons.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

For reference, the term Slight Build is the opposite of Powerful Build, and using that as opposed to Small Build would be more in line with established sources.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

*shakes head* Slight build doesn't FORCE being treated as a size smaller. My version does. So I gave it a slightly different name.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a though......why not just make it small sized from the get-go, and grow to medium at 3rd with the normal slight build?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Cause wyrmlings are tiny?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Just a though......why not just make it small sized from the get-go, and grow to medium at 3rd with the normal slight build?
    Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Cause wyrmlings are tiny?
    It looks like the point here is to have a tiny creature able to attack from a square away.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

The point of Small (Puny?) Build and being small is to emulate being effectively Tiny, without actually making you Tiny. Of course, technically, their bite has a reach as though they're one size category larger.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fair enough. It's better than the Amazing Shrinking Pseudodragon in the past.