New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Vague descriptions of a game...see if you can help me remember the name

Ok, this is extremely vague I'm aware. I had it bookmarked to look at, but my hard drive had thoughts about that kind of shenanigans. Its a fantasy RPG where combat is success based story telling basically. Whoever wins the rolls tells how combat plays out describing that rounds action.

I want to say it was a success based system, and had a vaguely oriental samurai feel. That is unfortunately all I have to remember off of. This was not easy to google

I'll be happy with any system that is based off character story telling though, I'm trying to find a system with a unique feel since we are getting too heavy into D&D again in my group. I find myself bored with D20 mechanics if I have 3 games a week all using it. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Vague descriptions of a game...see if you can help me remember the name

Would it be Wushu by any chance?
    Awesome Delirium-avatar by Recaiden
    Looking for friendly contact with an evil outsider in the fanclub

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Vague descriptions of a game...see if you can help me remember the name

That...that is exactly it. I'm in awe, and thank you very much.
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also it can be used for what I've been wanting to run, a matrix type game.