New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Stats for Inuyasha (and alignments)?

I've been wondering, what sort of stats would the characters in the Inuyasha series (both heroes and villans) have? I'm unable to think of much that fits very well. Any help?

EDIT: I'd prefer D&D 3.x, please. If you're using something else, please state the system.

EDIT2: Also, now interested in alignments.
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2010-12-28 at 12:35 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Sats for Inuyasha?

A different game.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

As with any anime character, stats vary at the speed of plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    As with any anime character, stats vary at the speed of plot.
    That's an incredibly broad statement to make. I've actually seen that more often in western animation than anime.

I've statted plenty of characters like these, but I'm not very familiar with Inuyasha in particular. Can you summarise the abilities of the characters you're interested in?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-12-23 at 09:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

the biggest problem with stating out a character like inuyasha is his abilities grow a tremendous amount so you would have to specify at which point in the serious you want to portray a given character.
    For Inuyasha his sword is the biggest aspect of his character he rarely gets new powers he mostly unlock new abilities for his weapon.
    this would be much easier with a point buy system like mutants and masterminds than dnd.
    Last edited by awa; 2010-12-23 at 10:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    That's an incredibly broad statement to make. I've actually seen that more often in western animation than anime.

I've statted plenty of characters like these, but I'm not very familiar with Inuyasha in particular. Can you summarise the abilities of the characters you're interested in?
    Inuyasha
    Kagome
    Sango
    Miroku

And, Naraku

Naraku, in particular, because he looks almost like a half-farspawn to me in one of his incarnations.

EDIT: I'm specifically interested in the anime arround seasons 5&6
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2010-12-23 at 10:02 PM.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Inuyasha's main abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Scent.
    • High physical strenght.
    • Claw attacks, that he is able to perform at range.
    • Very tough.
    • Heals very fast.
    • Has a magical blade that increases with power as the plot advances
    • Has a 'demon form' that makes him (a lot) more physically powerful but more reckless and evil

Hengeyokai (dog) grants us scent. Keep him always in hybrid form. Shifter works as well.
    Warshaper gets us Str and Con bonus, plus fast healing and claws.
    Take Ancestral Weapon (Book of Exalted Deeds) for the tessaiga (or make it a Legacy Weapon). He needs Blood Wind as a spell for claw attacks at range (it's interesting that this abilit is called Blood Claws or something similar, even). You can use it from an item, since it's a 1st level spell. Hengeyokai (dog) Duskblade 4/Warshaper 4 does it pretty nicely.
    Bestow Curse could give him his 'loses powers once a month' thing and kotodama is obviously a cursed item.
    For the 'superpowered evil side', refluffed demon possession (Fiendish Codex I) works wonders.

Sango is a Ranger/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade with an oversized boomerang. Take Boomerang Daze/Boomerang Ricochet and you're pretty much set. She can easily be around the same level as Inuyasha - Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Bloodstorm Blade 2 is already enough for all her iconic abilities. Getting a boomerang that big on D&D is probably not possible, though.

Kagome is a Favored Soul (or Mystic from DLCS) with Zen Archery. She starts at level 1 and does not have stellar Wisdom (say, 15 or something tops - and only because of willpower). Her other scores, other than Charisma, are also not very high.

I have no idea how to do Miroku's wind hole, but I'd have him as a Cleric (maybe add Monk levels).

Kouga hits hard and moves very fast but that's about it. I want to say he is a gish, but seeing as he usually just gets his ass handed to him... I'd say he is better done as shifter Fighter into Shou Disciple or something like that. Hell, he could be a Monk, even.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Stats for Inuyasha?

I always thought the feral template replicated Inuyasha's abilities perfectly.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Inuyasha's main abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Scent.
    • High physical strenght.
    • Claw attacks, that he is able to perform at range.
    • Very tough.
    • Heals very fast.
    • Has a magical blade that increases with power as the plot advances
    • Has a 'demon form' that makes him (a lot) more physically powerful but more reckless and evil

Hengeyokai (dog) grants us scent. Keep him always in hybrid form. Shifter works as well.
    Warshaper gets us Str and Con bonus, plus fast healing and claws.
    Take Ancestral Weapon (Book of Exalted Deeds) for the tessaiga (or make it a Legacy Weapon). He needs Blood Wind as a spell for claw attacks at range (it's interesting that this abilit is called Blood Claws or something similar, even). You can use it from an item, since it's a 1st level spell. Hengeyokai (dog) Duskblade 4/Warshaper 4 does it pretty nicely.
    Bestow Curse could give him his 'loses powers once a month' thing and kotodama is obviously a cursed item.
    For the 'superpowered evil side', refluffed demon possession (Fiendish Codex I) works wonders.

Sango is a Ranger/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade with an oversized boomerang. Take Boomerang Daze/Boomerang Ricochet and you're pretty much set. She can easily be around the same level as Inuyasha - Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Bloodstorm Blade 2 is already enough for all her iconic abilities. Getting a boomerang that big on D&D is probably not possible, though.

Kagome is a Favored Soul (or Mystic from DLCS) with Zen Archery. She starts at level 1 and does not have stellar Wisdom (say, 15 or something tops - and only because of willpower). Her other scores, other than Charisma, are also not very high.

I have no idea how to do Miroku's wind hole, but I'd have him as a Cleric (maybe add Monk levels).

Kouga hits hard and moves very fast but that's about it. I want to say he is a gish, but seeing as he usually just gets his ass handed to him... I'd say he is better done as shifter Fighter into Shou Disciple or something like that. Hell, he could be a Monk, even.

Where did you find the PrC and Boomerrang feats for Sango?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Bloodstorm Blade is from ToB, boomerang feats are from Eberron Campaign Setting (IIRC; they are from Eberron, that's a given).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Bloodstorm Blade is from Tome of Battle, The boomerang feats are from Races of Eberron...I think.

EDIT: Swordsaged.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2010-12-23 at 10:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks guys!

One thing, though, how can Kagome's rather nasty spiritual arrow attacks be accounted for?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thanks guys!

One thing, though, how can Kagome's rather nasty spiritual arrow attacks be accounted for?
    Align Weapon Spell?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Align Weapon Spell?
    I'm not sure that would suffice to replicate the massive blast of purifying and magic-dispelling energy that are Kagome's (and Kikyo's) arrows!

Also, what about Naraku?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Inuyasha might be best statted out as a Demon-blooded, or a Wyld-mutated half-Caste. As for his sword, I'd say it'd be a grand daiklave.

Naraku is a second-circle Demon.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Inuyasha might be best statted out as a Demon-blooded, or a Wyld-mutated half-Caste. As for his sword, I'd say it'd be a grand daiklave.

Naraku is a second-circle Demon.
    I'm sorry, but I don't recognise any of those things... What book(s) are they from?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Naraku is definitely a custom monster, he has so many abilities it is not funny.

Edit: I think he [TheCount] is using exalted terminology.... which is an White Wolf Game IIRC
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2010-12-24 at 10:42 AM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #18

I see 2 ways about this.

1) you make it item or special ability related, this gives you probably more accurate (if lower level) characters.

2) you try to use the existing D&D classes

On way 1, Inuyasha is probably a "half fiend" althoug a custom type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfFiend.htm). Make him sit at 4HD and top it with some 4 levels of Monk. With an LA of +4 you have something near a CR of 12. Tessaiga is....difficult to stat, so I m not gonna try today

Kagome is a....Commoner? Ok, a high level one because she has been through a lot. High CHA and WIS and the ability to spam "Enhance arrow" at will.

Miroku could be a wandering cleric or some class of 3.0 Oriental Adventures, but probably he is just a level 3 to 5 expert with maybe a level of monk (he seems to fight well with his staff and that could be a WIS bonus to AC). Oh, and he has a micro singularity in his hand.

So, you get the drift...

Way 2 requires levels of mastery of 3.5 I do not come even close to, so I aam looking forward to seeing what the others come up with
    Enjoy my creations
    Gatsu, from Berserk (Kentaro Miura's)
    A hero: the Tekkaman space-knight.
    The villain he has to face: Dobrai, Valdaster Overlord from Tekkaman

Threadwinner of Vs Mage challenges.
    Warning: may perform below standards if target has no heat signature (eg: undead mage)

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Naraku is definitely a custom monster, he has so many abilities it is not funny.

Edit: I think he [TheCount] is using exalted terminology.... which is a White Wolf Game IIRC
    You do recall correctly. OP didn't specify game system, after all.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    You do recall correctly. OP didn't specify game system, after all.
    You're correct, edited to fix that.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

21. - Top - End - #21

You're correct, edited to fix that.
    No problem. For future reference, Exalted is a d10-based system in which the PCs are typically mythic characters with nigh-epic power in a setting that fuses anime and Greek mythology.

Which isn't to say that it's a mechanically-sound system, but we don't come to these boards expecting an RPG that works, now do we?

22. - Top - End - #22

His sword would definately be some sort of big Mcguffen with it's own special rules. Without it he hasn't actually got that many abilities. His sword on the other hand can (warning, potential spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show

• Near the beginning the sword can create a wave of energy when Inuyasha is fighting a powerful demon. This ability later develops so he can use it at-will.
    • Instantly destory any demon barriers.
    • Create a barrage of sharp diamons as a ranged attack.
    • Absorb powers that other demon weapons possess.
    • Create doors to other planes.

It should be noted that Inuyasha also gets these abilities specifically from killing foes with the Tetsuiga. It's possible that he may gain other abilities as well by killing different foes (for instance, maybe granting regeneration if he kills a particularly tought Troll).

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

So... Still, about Naraku: A custom monster... maybe a human half-fiend, half-farspawn with enough levels in a casting class to cast otiluke's telekinetic sphere?
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say Naraku is a half-fiend sorcerer/alienist approaching epic levels, with maybe some aberrant template.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I'd say Naraku is a half-fiend sorcerer/alienist approaching epic levels, with maybe some aberrant template.
    I was thinking half-farspawn because in his final form, he has tentecles coming out of his back, plus bone-spurs coming out of his shoulders and covering his chest, plus a huge eye in his sernum and smaller eyes in his hands.

Yeah, definately also a half-fiend. And probably well into epic levels. Don't forget the cloudkill up the wazoo!
    Last edited by Chilingsworth; 2010-12-25 at 08:57 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Yeah, definately also a half-fiend. And probably well into epic levels. Don't forget the cloudkill up the wazoo!
    Not sure about this. See, we already know we can give all of Inuyasha's and Sango's abilities to mid-level characters. Wih the feral template, you could even have Inuyasha at ECL 3. The big bad doesn't need to be epic level to be a threat.
    In fact, considering how Narak avoids confrontation at all times if possible, I'd say he is not that a lot of levels above the crew.
    Also - Narak gains abilities by consuming other demons. I'd say Illithid Savant works.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

We could have a rough chassis for Inuyasha's abilities very early, that's true, but I don't think low level would fit for the level of landscape destruction and amount + power of monsters he can kill.

Likewise, while I think most of Naraku's abilities could be found from a relatively low-level Warlock or Sorcerer, the extent to which he uses them suggests a higher level character. (Such as creation of very large monsters and swarms.)

I think Inuyasha is fairly high-level, just of race/class combination that doesn't get a huge variety of abilities. Most of his troupe I'd put between levels 5 and 10. Naraku I feel warrants a high-level, 15+ or approaching epic.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

So... what spells/spell-like abilities might Naraku have?
    My guesses:

Summon Monster
    Otiluke's Telekinetic Sphere
    Cloud Kill (Extended and Widened, and somehow made permenant...)

I Still have no idea how to represent Kagome's arrows, though.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

I Still have no idea how to represent Kagome's arrows, though.
    Soulbow/Illumine Soul (or was it Illumine Blade?) gets pretty close. The problem is that a Soulbow has no bow.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

I would actually say hes probably pretty decent level and this is why normal warrior types are depicted as completely worthless against even the weakest demons. the weakest demons are casually slaughtered by the hundreds in almost every fight by even the weaker members of the party. Are they epic level ? probably not and if they were they would be really unoptimized.

I would not make naruku (edit a sorcerer) because he has a very small set of powers not like any dnd caster. I was going to say warlock for naruku but changed my mind mid post to say his power is dm fiat in most fights nothing the heroes due works he just wins and leaves.
    Last edited by awa; 2010-12-28 at 01:22 PM. Reason: edited for errors