A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 472
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    This is the Setup and Discussion Thread for Star Wars in the Playground, a Freeform game set during the Old Republic Era and the time of the Jedi Civil War, where the Republic and the Jedi fight a losing battle against the Sith Empire and the Sith Lord Darth Revan/Malak.

    Guidlines;
    Spoiler
    Show
    • This won't be a high-powered campaign where characters can move starships with a flick of their wrist and not every Jedi or Dark Jedi is as powerful as a JediMaster/Sith Lord. If I have to read a dozen character sheets that say how strong in the force a force-sensitive or how talented or powerful they are, I will brick somebody, probably a Gungan.

    • I also discourage everyone only making Jedi or Sith characters. At the time you submit your character and they're a Jedi, Sith, Force Adept, or member of a different Force-Using Tradition, state whether they're more combat oriented (With a melee weapon/lightsaber, or with ranged weapons like Blasters/Rifles.), or if they're strength lay mainly in using the Force.

    • Moving objects with the force/Telekinesis is a given power, but you must include the maximum weight limit of an object your character can move and lift at character creation. Force-Oriented characters tend to be able to lift a larger amount then Force Sensitives that focus more on combat.

    • Another given power is Force Sense, it is one of the first things Jedi learn once they undergo training.

    • For a Combat-Oriented Force User, 3 other specific force-powers are allowed in addition to the 2 free ones, for characters that use the Force around 7 powers should do, 5 for characters with a balance of both (Like the Jedi Sentinels).

    • Aside from specific powers, Force-using characters will write down how strong they are in each of the three aspects of the Force, Control, Sense, and Alter, power rated as either Strong, Decent, or Weak.

    • Combat-Focused Jedi/Sith can choose one Aspect that they're strong in, and the other two Aspects will be weak, or two Aspects are decent in strength and weak in the other one.

    • Balanced Jedi/Sith can choose to be strong in one Aspect, decent in one Aspect, and weak in the third Aspect, or decent in all Aspects.

    • Force-Use-Focused Jedi/Sith are strong in two Aspects of the Force, and decent in the third.

    • This era saw a massive surge in the use of personal energy shields to the use of blasters have declined, becoming partly obsolete. Melee weapons have started becoming more common, and are made with Cortosis woven into the metals of the weapon. Don't expect your lightsaber to be able to cut through non-lightsaber melee weapons.

    • Killing a character that isn't yous is not allowed, unless you have their permission. Fights between characters should and the decision of who should wins should be discussed between the users of the characters involved over PM so the parties involved can decide on how they want the fight to go. Want your character to gain a scar or lose a limb so they can get a cybernetic implant? Just PM the person you're fighting and tell them where to aim.

    • The maximum characters each user can have is 4, though it's not advised to use all of them at the same time. If you want to make another character, but have one that you're not using, you can always arrange to have a fellow Playgrounder kill them with a character of theirs.

    • Characters will be judged by a jury of your Playgrounder peers and will be approved or denied by said jury.



    Will put up a character Registry once we've worked on the characters and some loose factions. I have three characters in mind, a Father-Daughter Mandalorian mercenary duo, and the other a young Padawan/Jedi, race would either be a Togruta or Miraluka.

    So, shall this be before or after Malak betrayed Revan and assumed control of the Empire?


    Character Registry

    IC Threads;








    The Jedi Order:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Jedi play a great role in the Old Republic Era, though there are several key-differences between the Jedi of this era and other eras. There are many more active Jedi throughout the Galaxy, they are less reserved and bureaucratic.

    • The Jedi Council does not dominate the Order. They exert control, but even the Council doesn't necessarily interfere with Jedi enclanves or Non-Jedi Force traditions with different views on their connections to the Force differently.

    • Jedi Enclaves and Academies are scattered all-over the galaxy, each using their own training methods and philosophies, though most sitll use the Master-Padawan pairing as a training tool.

    • Jedi are not officially prohibited from pursueing relationships and can even marry in this era.


    Still, one thing remains the same, practitioners of the Dark Side are not tolerated. Some are redeemable, but the ones beyond hope and help are hunted down.


    Sith Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Mandalorian Wars, many Jedi left the order, fustrated that the Council was waiting too long to take action agains the Mandalorians. The Jedi Knight Revan led the Republic to victory, only to disappear for a year, returning with the Jedi that had followed him and a massive armada to wage war with the Republic.

    Revan became a Sith Lord, and Malak his apprentice, converting most Jedi that followed him to the Dark Side of the Force. Some Republic worlds, disatisfied with their performence and sensing the shift in power, seceded from the republic and joined the Sith willinging as their ever-growing army looks to crush the Republic.


    The Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the Mandalorian wars the Republic didn't fair well. They lost critical worlds, resources drained attempting to hold the ones they could, some planets lost immediately to the Mandalorian invasion. The tide chaned when Revan arrived with his group of Jedi that had seperated from the Order. The Jedi Knight was so succesful that the Republic gave operational control of their forces to him, and Reval defeated the Mandalorians for good at Malachor V.

    When Revan reappeared with their fleets and even mroe under his command to invade the Republic they were blind-sided, still recovering from the Mandalorian war only a year prior, losing several battles in rapid succession. When Admiral Karath turned traitor, it split the Republic Navy into two factions, one loyal to the republic, and one loyal to the Sith.


    Mandalorians:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mandalorians are society of Nomadic warriors drivne by honor. Mandalorian crusaders roam and seek worthy battles and challenges. One such was waging war with the Republic. At first they engaded in small skirmishes, taking over worlds on the Outer Rim, out of Republic Space, for over a decade, gaining more members, resources, and new technology from each world they conquered. When they had enough numbers and resources, it was all-out invasion on the Republic.

    When Revan killed Mandalore the Ultimate in single combat and took his helmet at Malachor V, the Mandalorians were left defeated and without a leader. Many felt shame, not at beaing defeated, but atgiven up the traits that made them Mandalorians in the first place in their eagerness to defeat the Republic with their dishonerable tactics.

    One instance was the attack on the Cathar homeworld. Another warrior race, the Mandalorians attacked them from orbit while the Cathar slept, nuking most of the planet with only 10% of the species surviving. Those that joinded durnig the Mandalorian Wars, called the 'Neo-Crusader' movement, tended to lack the honor of Mandalorian traditionalists, and most Mandalorians ended up becoming mercenaries after the war was over.


    The Exchange:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The most powerful crime organization of it's time. The Exchange deals in spice smuggling, extortion, weapon trafficking, bounty hunting, and slave-trading, usually acting locally under the guise of a sham front. On each planet there is an organized cell led by a single boss who rules over exhcange itnerest in that world, they in turn, answer to sector chiefs, whose identities remain hidden, and they report to the exchange boss, one of those hidden sector chiefs.


    Czerka Corperation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Czerka Corperation is a galaxy-spanning business with controlled interest on the planets Korriban, Taris, Tattoine, Kashyyk, and Telos IV. Currently Czerka is allied with the Sith, suppling them and being supplied exclusive trade rights on Sith-controlled planets.

    Illegal and unethical activities were tolerated by Czerka Officers, and even encouraged if the flow of credits aren't disrupted, and word doesn't leak out. Due to legal loopholes regarding Kashyyyk's location, Czerka was allowed to enslave the Wookie inhabitants for profit. They are a shadey and unscrupolus coorperation, and have starved colonists when the high-prices of their food were not met.


    Unaffiliated:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mercenaries, bounty hunters, and the like fit here. Those with no real ties to any of the organizations listed, or those belonging to a Force Tradition that is neither Jedi or Sith
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2011-01-02 at 12:21 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    *shows interest*

    Don't know a million about Star Wars but I'll contribute my two cents.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Working on info for the factions. Also brainstorming worlds we could use. For Jedi there's Dantooine, the Sith homeworld of Korriban had many Sith academies. Then there's Tatooine, Coruscant, and Onderon for other planets we could use.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    I'd be very interested in playing a Twi'lek Jedi.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    ...DARN IT!! WHY DOES MY BRAIN KICK INTO OVERTIME ON THINGS LIKE THIS?!

    ...I have a few ideas for possible characters yes.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Alright, finished with the descriptions. So any thoughts on whether this should take place before or after Malak betrays Revan?

    As for my own characters... a Taung Mandalorian, the original Mandalorian species, with a baseline human daughter. Adopting was fairly common. "Aliit ori'shya tal'din", or 'Family is more than bloodline', Mandalorian proverb .

    Like BleachitP, come up with a character concept here, and if it's been approved, you can put it in the character registry that is coming soon. Will get started on my own characters. Here's a template;

    Name:
    Gender:
    Species:
    Age:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hair:
    Eyes:

    Appearance:

    Personality:

    History:

    Powers/Equipment:

    Abilities:

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ashen Lilies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Hmmm... I'm interested.
    ...
    Four characters is a good restriction. I'll probably fill all my slots up in the first three days... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Tagging for interest; more to be said later tonight, after work.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North
    Gender
    Female

    smile Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    This is going to get confusing if the old (last post was earlier this month) Star Wars In The Playground ever starts up again.

    But I'm still in! :D

    I am currently split between starting with a heavily force-based character (Sort of the Star Wars version of those mages that sit in their libraries with books and candles flying around them, except without the Game destroying power and more of the ditzyness) or a force sensitive-at-most snooping smuggler kind of guy/gal who was just unlucky to end up in some mess (s)he is now trying to escape again.

    Any of them sound like they will work? I kind of haven't read any Expanded Universe books or played more than five minutes of any Star Wars Video Game taking place anywhere near this point in the chronology
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This is going to get confusing if the old (last post was earlier this month) Star Wars In The Playground ever starts up again.

    But I'm still in! :D

    I am currently split between starting with a heavily force-based character (Sort of the Star Wars version of those mages that sit in their libraries with books and candles flying around them, except without the Game destroying power and more of the ditzyness) or a force sensitive-at-most snooping smuggler kind of guy/gal who was just unlucky to end up in some mess (s)he is now trying to escape again.

    Any of them sound like they will work? I kind of haven't read any Expanded Universe books or played more than five minutes of any Star Wars Video Game taking place anywhere near this point in the chronology
    No matter what timeline of Star Wars you are in, a Smuggler is always welcome.

    Also, posting interest. Would being a Senator for the Republic be an option?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    My advice Zerkai is try to narrow it down to one or possibly two locations for each 'faction' then have a hub world/place/thing where they can mostly interact however they choose.


    And may join, don't know.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    "These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    My advice Zerkai is try to narrow it down to one or possibly two locations for each 'faction' then have a hub world/place/thing where they can mostly interact however they choose.


    And may join, don't know.
    So basically Bleach with starships? *runs for his life*

    I'm here. Posting a concept later on.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Apologies for not posting sooner. Working on my characters, it was taking longer because I have a habit of not submitting my characters unless I do some image or mugshot of them. Decided to just finish the sheets first before I start worrying about art.

    Since I am not above my rules, I'm submitting my Padawan for approval.


    Padawan Risa;

    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Risa Roth
    Gender: Female
    Species: Togruta
    Age: 15
    Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 112 lbs
    Lekku/Montrail: White/Blue
    Eyes: Blue

    Appearance: Risa is a young Togruta with Orange skin, blue eyes, and white facial markings on her forehead and under her eyes that run down her cheeks. Still young, her montrails have just started developing, only four-to-five inches long. Her attire consists of a blue midriff-bearing tanktop with a black open vest over it, blue boots, a blue skirt with black tights under it, and blue elbow-length gloves. Her Lekku and Montrails bear a strange color variation from the norm, appearing to be blue with white stripes instead of the opposite.

    She also wears an Akul-Tooth headdress, with a chain at the top of it going between her montrails and splitting into two chains decorated with pearls and gems between her three Lekku. Chains and brains between the montrails and lekku where a sign of a Padawan for Togruta which ahd to hair to form into a braid.

    Personality: When not in battle, Risa is a cheerful and optimistic to a fault, and just a bit naive, believing in giving people the benefit of the doubt. She has the tendancy to get involved in other peoples problems just by asking 'What's the matter?', her happy and caring nature is a stark contrast to her aggressive lightsaber style and taunting nature in combat.

    History: Her and her Master were part of the Revanists that left the Jedi Order to fight in the Mandalorian wars. Unfortunately, her Master, a Miraluka Jedi Knight, fell in the final battle at Malachor V. Rather then go off with Revan's fleet to 'hunt down the remaining Mandalorians', and unable to go back to the Jedi Order after deserting them to fight, she started traveling by herself republic space to help people in need.

    Equipment: Aside from a small pack with various odds and ends and a credit stick, she had two shoto, or 'short lightsabers', made from the claws and bone of Desert Hulak Wraids that she hunted when traveling with her Master, the blades are blue in color. She also carries a more normal looking lightsaber constructed of metal with a yellow blade, which had belonged to her Master.

    Force Powers;


    Move Object: The maximum limit Risa is able to lift is 55kg, or 120 pounds, a side-effect of focusing more on lightsaber combat than her force abilities.

    Force Speed: A core force power, it allows for a Jedi to speed up, physically and mentally. Risa is able to go a little more then twice her normal running speed when using this power, though this force-power is a drain on the users force-energy and metabolism.

    Force Jump: Using this ability, sometimes in tandem with force speed, Risa can acomplish daring acrobatic feats, able to leap four-to-five times her height at the most vertically and 50-60 feet horizontally, and over a hundred when using Force Speed.

    Abilities: Risa is agile, fast, and flexible, focusing more on speed than strength during combat. Her species also have passive echolocation, their hollow montrails gathering information through sound. Another trait from her carniverous species are their fangs. There are rumors that by the way the animals spasm as they die when being bitten that Togruta are venomous, but noone has goaded a Togruta into biting them to verify this.

    Dun Möch: A combat technique primarily used by the Sith, but has been used on occasion by Jedi. It is a form of combat that focuses on distraction and doubt, usually by taunting, most of the time during lightsaber battle.

    Risa has a habit of taunting and mocking her opponents in battle, though is had a tendancy to backfire with a boomerang effect, invoking anger and aggression from the target instead of fear and doubt. On occasion she has deployed the more benign Jedi version which involved motivating opponents to cease fighting or surrender.

    Lighsaber forms;

    Form IV- Ataru: An aggressive combat style that makes use of the force to enhance a Jedi's abilities to perform acrobatics for not only attack, but evasions as well. It is most suitable for combat against a single opponent, but weak against multiple enemies, fighting in enclosed spaces, or for long periods of time in this style is ill-advised, as limited room to move hampers your defense and tires you out quickly respectively.

    Form V- Shien: A form with defense in mind designed to deflect blaster bolts and returning them to their original, back at the attacker. Best used against multiple opponents with blasters, but not so much in single-combat or close-quarters. Risa has been known to combine this with force speed to defense herself better.

    Form VI- Niman:
    Risa's favored style, fighting with the dual bladed version using two short lightsabers. This style allows to attack multiple times with great speed and carries a mix of all five prior lightsaber forms in its teaching. The dual-wielding variant thought has several weaknesses; Risa is unable to strike with both hands, and with her petite frame, does not have the strength to block strikes with one hand effectively. Another weakness is that some user, like Risa, have become dependent on using two blades, and despite knowing other lightsaber forms, her fighting skills are poorer without a second blade to support her


    So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-12-29 at 06:21 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    I like.

    I'll get my Twi'lek up soon. I'm thinking she might actually be married to another Jedi in a husband-and-wife team.

    Anyone want to play the husband?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-12-29 at 06:31 PM.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Well, I never played a husband in any freeform game or RP of any kind, so it sounds like fun. *offers arm* Shall we?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ashen Lilies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Hmmm... I've been struck with... three character ideas in the past day. But two are recycled from older, failed SWitPs, so it's all good. They're all criminals of some sort to... Exchange, possibly? A pilot/smuggler(?), a hutt (who may or may not be more than meets the eye) and the Terminator Anton Chigurh an Ithorian.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-12-29 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Heh, actually the Hutts have their own Crime Cartel, but as for now The Exchange is the larger and more powerful organization. Later on in this era the Hutts stopped tolerating their crap, which probably led to a very awesome galactic gang-war

    As for each group having a central Hub, that's a bit difficult, as you wouldn't find just one of any of the factions on a world, save for the Mandalorians and Dxun, but that's a few years after this setting.

    Wherever Sith are you'd find Czerka, even on the Sith Homeworld of Korriban since they have the exclusive rights to trade on any Sith-controlled worlds, and there are different Jedi Enclaves on many planets. I'm guessing Coruscant could be the central RP world maybe, but most planets would be a mix of several factions..

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Well, I never played a husband in any freeform game or RP of any kind, so it sounds like fun. *offers arm* Shall we?
    Okay.

    What species is he going to be?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    @Zerkai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    Apologies for not posting sooner. Working on my characters, it was taking longer because I have a habit of not submitting my characters unless I do some image or mugshot of them. Decided to just finish the sheets first before I start worrying about art.

    Since I am not above my rules, I'm submitting my Padawan for approval.


    Padawan Risa;

    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Risa Roth
    Gender: Female
    Species: Togruta
    Age: 15
    Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 112 lbs
    Lekku/Montrail: White/Blue
    Eyes: Blue

    Appearance: Risa is a young Togruta with Orange skin, blue eyes, and white facial markings on her forehead and under her eyes that run down her cheeks. Still young, her montrails have just started developing, only four-to-five inches long. Her attire consists of a blue midriff-bearing tanktop with a black open vest over it, blue boots, a blue skirt with black tights under it, and blue elbow-length gloves. Her Lekku and Montrails bear a strange color variation from the norm, appearing to be blue with white stripes instead of the opposite.

    She also wears an Akul-Tooth headdress, with a chain at the top of it going between her montrails and splitting into two chains decorated with pearls and gems between her three Lekku. Chains and brains between the montrails and lekku where a sign of a Padawan for Togruta which ahd to hair to form into a braid.

    Personality: When not in battle, Risa is a cheerful and optimistic to a fault, and just a bit naive, believing in giving people the benefit of the doubt. She has the tendancy to get involved in other peoples problems just by asking 'What's the matter?', her happy and caring nature is a stark contrast to her aggressive lightsaber style and taunting nature in combat.

    History: Her and her Master were part of the Revanists that left the Jedi Order to fight in the Mandalorian wars. Unfortunately, her Master, a Miraluka Jedi Knight, fell in the final battle at Malachor V. Rather then go off with Revan's fleet to 'hunt down the remaining Mandalorians', and unable to go back to the Jedi Order after deserting them to fight, she started traveling by herself republic space to help people in need.

    Equipment: Aside from a small pack with various odds and ends and a credit stick, she had two shoto, or 'short lightsabers', made from the claws and bone of Desert Hulak Wraids that she hunted when traveling with her Master, the blades are blue in color. She also carries a more normal looking lightsaber constructed of metal with a yellow blade, which had belonged to her Master.

    Force Powers;


    Move Object: The maximum limit Risa is able to lift is 55kg, or 120 pounds, a side-effect of focusing more on lightsaber combat than her force abilities.

    Force Speed: A core force power, it allows for a Jedi to speed up, physically and mentally. Risa is able to go a little more then twice her normal running speed when using this power, though this force-power is a drain on the users force-energy and metabolism.

    Force Jump: Using this ability, sometimes in tandem with force speed, Risa can acomplish daring acrobatic feats, able to leap four-to-five times her height at the most vertically and 50-60 feet horizontally, and over a hundred when using Force Speed.

    Abilities: Risa is agile, fast, and flexible, focusing more on speed than strength during combat. Her species also have passive echolocation, their hollow montrails gathering information through sound. Another trait from her carniverous species are their fangs. There are rumors that by the way the animals spasm as they die when being bitten that Togruta are venomous, but noone has goaded a Togruta into biting them to verify this.

    Dun Möch: A combat technique primarily used by the Sith, but has been used on occasion by Jedi. It is a form of combat that focuses on distraction and doubt, usually by taunting, most of the time during lightsaber battle.

    Risa has a habit of taunting and mocking her opponents in battle, though is had a tendancy to backfire with a boomerang effect, invoking anger and aggression from the target instead of fear and doubt. On occasion she has deployed the more benign Jedi version which involved motivating opponents to cease fighting or surrender.

    Lighsaber forms;

    Form IV- Ataru: An aggressive combat style that makes use of the force to enhance a Jedi's abilities to perform acrobatics for not only attack, but evasions as well. It is most suitable for combat against a single opponent, but weak against multiple enemies, fighting in enclosed spaces, or for long periods of time in this style is ill-advised, as limited room to move hampers your defense and tires you out quickly respectively.

    Form V- Shien: A form with defense in mind designed to deflect blaster bolts and returning them to their original, back at the attacker. Best used against multiple opponents with blasters, but not so much in single-combat or close-quarters. Risa has been known to combine this with force speed to defense herself better.

    Form VI- Niman:
    Risa's favored style, fighting with the dual bladed version using two short lightsabers. This style allows to attack multiple times with great speed and carries a mix of all five prior lightsaber forms in its teaching. The dual-wielding variant thought has several weaknesses; Risa is unable to strike with both hands, and with her petite frame, does not have the strength to block strikes with one hand effectively. Another weakness is that some user, like Risa, have become dependent on using two blades, and despite knowing other lightsaber forms, her fighting skills are poorer without a second blade to support her


    So what do you guys think?
    Fluff: Very nice.

    Force Powers: Hm. Not a bad mix. That said, does she not have any other Force abilities? What about things like their passive danger sense, empathy, etc? If her Master was a Miralaku, I'd think that was almost guaranteed, since they specialised in Sense type powers.
    I think referencing the three core aspects of Force usage (Alter, Sense, and Control) might be a good "baseline". The force is less strictly defined than things like Kido in Bleach, Jutsu in Naruto, Spells in D&D, and so on. Often you could justify a one-time usage of an ability if you've got a decent foundation.

    Abilities: Good extrapolation from her species' abilities and her personality. At first, I was going to say Dun Much belonged in one of the other two sections, but really, that's not true.

    Lightsaber Forms: ...Uh, say what? For a 15-year old Padawan who hasn't even completed her training, having anything other than the basics of one form is a sign of great talent. Three is kind of ridiculous. At most, I think you could say something like "Her Form 6 incorporates a few small aspects of Forms 4 and 5", but even then...I mean, consider that Obi-Wan Kenobi mastered only 1 form. Even Anakin really only studied Form 5; he branched out a bit with it, stealing stuff from Form 3 here and there (considering his Master used 3, this isn't a shock).

    Considering she's explicitly got 2 short sabers, I'd say she should have Jar'Kai as her only style, and just say she's worked hard on keeping mobile and comparatively offense-oriented. I could see her being rather good at that 1 style in that manner.


    Moving on. Currently, I'm considering two characters.

    1.)A Bounty Hunter With Standards. In other words, he only goes after bounties for criminals and the like, instead of doing hits on cops who get in crime lords' way and such. Armed to the teeth, experienced, and not a lick of Force Sensitivity.

    2.)A Jedi; he's basically going to be a "paladin", with things like Force Healing, excellent senses, and so on. A paladin done right, no less.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Okay.

    What species is he going to be?
    Aw, man. I can't ever remember the names of the various Star Wars species.

    Say, is that feline-like species around at this point in time? I'm really, really bad on keeping track of timelines as is.

    Or maybe a Cerean.

    EDIT: Remembered: the Cathar.

    So would rather she have a cat-like husband or a brainy husband?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-12-29 at 08:34 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    The Cathar? Yes, they are.

    ...that sounds like an interesting marriage, to say the least.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Aw, man. I can't ever remember the names of the various Star Wars species.

    Say, is that feline-like species around at this point in time? I'm really, really bad on keeping track of timelines as is.

    Or maybe a Cerean.
    The Cathar? Or another species?

    I'm not sure what race to make either of my characters yet. I might "cheat" and just say "long-lived Near-Humans" or something.

    Also, while strict "hub worlds" may be hard, I will say that we should try to figure out some good "meeting places"; otherwise, we'll all just be writing solo adventures. Which, while fun, kind of goes against having, you know, a group game.

    Also, a note: My Jedi would be a very experienced Knight, or possibly a Master. So I could potentially take on a Padawan, either at game start, or shortly after.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    The Cathar? Yes, they are.

    ...that sounds like an interesting marriage, to say the least.
    In several rather different ways.

    Would you like to discuss their background openly or via PM?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    @Zerkai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fluff: Very nice.

    Force Powers: Hm. Not a bad mix. That said, does she not have any other Force abilities? What about things like their passive danger sense, empathy, etc? If her Master was a Miralaku, I'd think that was almost guaranteed, since they specialised in Sense type powers.
    I think referencing the three core aspects of Force usage (Alter, Sense, and Control) might be a good "baseline". The force is less strictly defined than things like Kido in Bleach, Jutsu in Naruto, Spells in D&D, and so on. Often you could justify a one-time usage of an ability if you've got a decent foundation.

    Abilities: Good extrapolation from her species' abilities and her personality. At first, I was going to say Dun Much belonged in one of the other two sections, but really, that's not true.

    Lightsaber Forms: ...Uh, say what? For a 15-year old Padawan who hasn't even completed her training, having anything other than the basics of one form is a sign of great talent. Three is kind of ridiculous. At most, I think you could say something like "Her Form 6 incorporates a few small aspects of Forms 4 and 5", but even then...I mean, consider that Obi-Wan Kenobi mastered only 1 form. Even Anakin really only studied Form 5; he branched out a bit with it, stealing stuff from Form 3 here and there (considering his Master used 3, this isn't a shock).

    Considering she's explicitly got 2 short sabers, I'd say she should have Jar'Kai as her only style, and just say she's worked hard on keeping mobile and comparatively offense-oriented. I could see her being rather good at that 1 style in that manner.


    Moving on. Currently, I'm considering two characters.

    1.)A Bounty Hunter With Standards. In other words, he only goes after bounties for criminals and the like, instead of doing hits on cops who get in crime lords' way and such. Armed to the teeth, experienced, and not a lick of Force Sensitivity.

    2.)A Jedi; he's basically going to be a "paladin", with things like Force Healing, excellent senses, and so on. A paladin done right, no less.
    @KnightDisciple:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks on the critique, I'm a bit too use to playing KOTOR II, where you could switch between several lightsaber forms, just about all of them in the case of the Jedi Guardian ^^;.

    Will get to editing my character. My original intent was that Niman, Form VI, is a combination of the older forms , and that my character at least knew a few stances of Form IV and V (At the very least Form V from her Master. I like the idea of her Master having used Shien.) for better Offensive and Defensive combat respectively, then I got a little carried away.

    Also making Force Sense a given since that's one of the first things Jedi learn. I'm considering having her Master taught her the basics of Force Sight, but I'm tempted to use some kind of advanced Force Sense power to alter her echo-location instead.


    Oh, I gotta include Force Sense as a free power too, since that's one of the most basic abilities, one of the first things they learn. Will get to work on editing the rules

    EDIT: Wookiepedia is also your friend http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-12-29 at 08:42 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Via PM, I'd say.

    I will say she's a Ruutian Twi'lek (red skin, absolute rarest kind). Probably more of a Consular.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    What means location?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Okay, my interest is still a bit iffy, but I'll put down what I can of my concept.

    Also, I'm not that familiar with the Expanded Universe, so feel free to correct me on anything I'm doing wrong. And yes, it is a work in progress.

    Reldileen saj Skaleek, combat-oriented ex-Jedi Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Reldileen saj Skaleek (first name Skaleek)
    Gender: Male
    Species:Kaleesh
    Age: 43
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 165 lbs?
    Hair: None
    Eyes: Yellow

    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Humanoid. A bit wiry, but decently muscled even in his age. Four digits on each hand, two of them opposable thumbs. Reddish-brown skin, angular, somewhat long face. There is a slight hole in his right ear where an ear ring used to be. The tusks from his chin are somewhat thin.

    However, for the most part his face is covered by a traditional mask. White, made of bone, covers pretty much the entire front of his face, the area around the eyes being pretty much the only flesh showing from the front. Somewhat form-fitting, although it is a bit thick. Three thin red bands streak down each eye. However, around the right cheek, there's a hole, and a thin spidery crack extending up past the eye socket. Near the bottom are four triangular teeth shapes.

    Nowadays, he wears a dark brown robe with a hood, tailored just enough to not appear like a Jedi. Underneath, he tends to wear practical clothing. Pockets, wrappings, comfortable clothing in all situations and environments, flexible. His Lig sword is kept in a scabbard at his left, and a bit behind him for stealth purposes. Generally, the rifle, slugthrower, and blaster are hidden both by clothes and the robe. For the most part, he keeps himself mostly covered.


    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After what he's gone through, he's become a tad cynical. A bit sarcastic. He also has a rebellious streak, and isn't afraid to run over, both figuratively and literally, anyone who gets in his way. However, there is a good man beneath all the trash-talk and stubborn will, even if it is a bit hard to tell sometimes.

    He values his culture's beliefs, despite the fact that he's faced more than his fair share of the bad ends of it. In fact, his experience of the Force had renewed his faith in his culture. As such, he does have honor and standards, and hopes to do right in this world to be rewarded in the next.


    History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *name* was born on Kalee. He was born to a Lig smith and a huntswoman. However, due to odd circumstances, his mother ended up betraying the Lig tribe. This caused *name* to be almost an outcast in his own tribe, often considered scum in worse cases. This most likely instilled a rebellious streak in him, as he had no respect for his tribe either.

    His father raised him and taught him about Kaleesh and Lig traditions, while his love Kullan kept him sane. The rest of the time, *name* often went on trips into the wilderness alone, something that caused the rest of the tribe to wonder how he stayed alive. Then, a Jedi Knight named Alexandre Eriston crash-landed in Lig territory. The then-15-year-old *name* decided to drag the unconscious Near-Human back to camp, where Alexandre recieved the help of the healers. After he regained consciousness, he helped out their village in small ways while he fixed his shuttle. All the while, he payed particular attention to *name*, seeing something no one else did...

    This was proven during a raid conducted by a neighboring tribe on the Lig, when *name* had shown potential in the Force. After healing the wounded, Alexandre offered *name* a chance to join the Jedi Academy. After a few days of thought and discussing it with his father and Kullan, he decided to leave with Alexandre.

    During his stay, *name* had become a Padawan under Alexandre, eventually becoming a Jedi Knight. Through this, Alexandre became a father figure to *name*, while they became friends. This was until the Mandalorian Wars. *name* sided with The Revanchist, while Alexandre sided with the Jedi High Council.

    Everything went as expected, until *name* noticed that his squad-mates, and indeed his fellow Revanchists, were starting to become more corrupt overtime. He finally had enough when they raided a newly formed Mandalorian colony under the guise of raiding a barracks. After they fled to a volcano, *name* got into an argument with the rest of his squad, devolving into a fight that almost got him killed. They left him for dead after they were forced to run from a backup unit.

    With his Lig sword broken, and his lightsaber fallen into the lava below, *name* managed to escape from the planet. Ever since, he's been working his way to...somewhere.


    Powers/Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Force abilities: Force speed, Force Concealment, Force Cloak.

    Pillar proficiency: Control-Decent, Sense-Weak, Alter-Decent.

    Telekinesis: Pretty much what it says on the tin. He can move around 200 pounds maximum.

    Forces Sense: A natural ability to all Jedi. Unfortunately, due to *name*'s somewhat lacking in this area of expertise, he can only detect danger and get vague impressions of people and things.

    Force Speed: An ability to enhance physical and reactionary speed, as well as potentially slowing down perception of time. He can enhance speed up to 3 times normal, as well as slow down perception by the same rate.

    Force Concealment: An ability to supress various aspects of the Force within a person; his Force alignment, his ability to use the Force, and even his presence. However, in *name*'s case, he can only hide his ability up to using the Force.

    Force Cloak: The ability to photo-kinetically bend light and sound waves around a person to become invisible to both sight and Force. However, this requires great concentration and energy to maintain. As such, *name* can only maintain this for around 10 seconds max.

    Equipment: A Lig sword, originally his father's, but had to be reforged; Cortosis woven alloy. A slugthrower rifle, heavily customised; collapsable stock and barrel, high-powered scope, silencer. A revolver slugthrower pistol. Blaster pistol, with alternating stun/kill settings. A few different kinds of slugs for ammo.


    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jedi Forms: Form IV: Ataru with hints of Form VII: Juyo. This creates an aggressive fighting style, mostly on the offensive. It is powerful, graceful, swift, and just a tad bit chaotic and unpredictable, to the point of being overwhelming at times. However, due to the fact that he doesn't possess a lightsaber, he's had to adapt it to his Lig sword, with a fair bit of success.

    Kaleesh Abilities: Thermal pits under the eyes allow Kaleesh to see in the dark. They have keen olfactory senses. They possess two thumbs and two fingers on each hand.

    Hunting abilities: Due to spending most of his adolescent and early teenage years as a hunter, he has a passable knowledge of tracking and survival skills.

    Marksman: Despite the Jedi's proficiency with a Lightsaber, *name* has taken a liking to ranged weapons. He's learned to be quite proficient with those as well.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2011-01-01 at 12:14 AM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Got a name I like, after finding a name generator.

    Dia Tal'kina. Or, in actual Twi'lek, Daital'kina.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ashen Lilies's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    Heh, actually the Hutts have their own Crime Cartel, but as for now The Exchange is the larger and more powerful organization. Later on in this era the Hutts stopped tolerating their crap, which probably led to a very awesome galactic gang-war.
    Yeah, I realized this about three seconds after I posted. >.<
    Theoretically, this Hutt would be among the weaker of the Hutt crimelords. He doesn't have any of the giant palaces, dancing slavegirls or other frivolities commonly associated with Hutts. In fact, due to a serious amount of understaffing, he's recently been required to do some actual *gasp* work! He runs a no-questions-asked repair dock on... some planet (to be decided later) with an attached cantina, with a little bit of arms dealing and smuggling on the side. Pilot dude is under his employ.
    ...
    'Employ' in this case meaning, Pilot-dude owes Hutt-man a freighterload of money, and if he doesn't work for the Hutt-man, he can expect to have several bounty hunters clamoring up his rear engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, my interest is still a bit iffy, but I'll put down what I can of my concept.

    Also, I'm not that familiar with the Expanded Universe, so feel free to correct me on anything I'm doing wrong. And yes, it is a work in progress.

    (As of yet unnamed Kaleesh), combat-oriented ex-Jedi Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: TBD
    Gender: Male
    Species:Kaleesh
    Age: 38
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 165 lbs?
    Hair: None
    Eyes: Yellow

    Appearance:

    Personality

    History:

    Powers/Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Force abilities: Force speed, Force Concealment, and Force Sense.

    Equipment: Two Lig swords, one inherited from his father, the other custom made as payment for a job. A Czerka Arms Adventurer slugthrower rifle, heavily customised.


    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jedi Forms: Form IV: Ataru with hints of Form VII: Juyo. This creates an aggressive fighting style, mostly on the offensive. It is powerful, graceful, swift, and just a tad bit chaotic and unpredictable, to the point of being overwhelming at times. However, due to the fact that he doesn't possess a lightsaber, he's had to adapt it to his Lig sword, with a fair bit of success.
    Nice choice for race . Also edited the rules, Force Sense is another Free power, so you can have 1 more power in addition to Move Object and Force Sense.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    @KnightDisciple:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks on the critique, I'm a bit too use to playing KOTOR II, where you could switch between several lightsaber forms, just about all of them in the case of the Jedi Guardian ^^;.

    Will get to editing my character. My original intent was that Niman, Form VI, is a combination of the older forms , and that my character at least knew a few stances of Form IV and V (At the very least Form V from her Master. I like the idea of her Master having used Shien.) for better Offensive and Defensive combat respectively, then I got a little carried away.

    Also making Force Sense a given since that's one of the first things Jedi learn. I'm considering having her Master taught her the basics of Force Sight, but I'm tempted to use some kind of advanced Force Sense power to alter her echo-location instead.


    Oh, I gotta include Force Sense as a free power too, since that's one of the most basic abilities, one of the first things they learn. Will get to work on editing the rules

    EDIT: Wookiepedia is also your friend http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Enhanced Echolocation sounds nifty.

    Again, my suggestion with having people give at least 1-sentence blurbs on Alter, Control, and Sense, even if one of them says "almost no talent at all", is so we can get a quick feel for strengths and weaknesses. Then you list specific powers and the like.

    As for lightsaber style...I think Niman/Jar'kai is already a fairly mobile/offensive style. Honestly, I don't know if we need to go to the level of "my character knows 5 stances from here, 6 from here, and 20 from here"; instead, just stating a primary style, and what other styles give influences to that character, should be enough. Links to Wookiepedia would be helpful in this case, to save room.

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, my interest is still a bit iffy, but I'll put down what I can of my concept.

    Also, I'm not that familiar with the Expanded Universe, so feel free to correct me on anything I'm doing wrong. And yes, it is a work in progress.

    (As of yet unnamed Kaleesh), combat-oriented ex-Jedi Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: TBD
    Gender: Male
    Species:Kaleesh
    Age: 38
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 165 lbs?
    Hair: None
    Eyes: Yellow

    Appearance:

    Personality

    History:

    Powers/Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Force abilities: Force speed, Force Concealment, and Force Sense.

    Equipment: Two Lig swords, one inherited from his father, the other custom made as payment for a job. A Czerka Arms Adventurer slugthrower rifle, heavily customised.


    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jedi Forms: Form IV: Ataru with hints of Form VII: Juyo. This creates an aggressive fighting style, mostly on the offensive. It is powerful, graceful, swift, and just a tad bit chaotic and unpredictable, to the point of being overwhelming at times. However, due to the fact that he doesn't possess a lightsaber, he's had to adapt it to his Lig sword, with a fair bit of success.
    Kind of sparse, but not bad. Though, the irony of an ex-Jedi Kaleesh who dual-wields...it is so thick I could cut it.

    Edit: Just noticed the limit on powers. I'd strongly suggest that be for specific powers, with Alter, Control, and Sense being more vague "disciplines and talents" or some such. Almost all Jedi have at least a bit of talent in all 3. Perhaps Combat-Focused Jedi/Sith get 1 of those 3 that they're strong in, with 2 weak, or 2 that they're decent in, with 1 weak. Then Balanced Jedi/Sith could have 1 strong, 2 decent, or 3 decent. And Force-Use-Focused Jedi/Sith get 2 strong, 1 decent? That way, we could (to use a term from Mutants and Masterminds) "stunt" a Force power in a one-shot scenario, albeit at greater strain (fatigue, can't do as much Force-y stuff for a while)? Just a thought.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-12-29 at 08:55 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •