New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [SWitP] Star Wars in the Playground: Discussion & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. I personally prefer the holocron idea, because that would be something that every Sith would want, causing infighting among the Sith as they vie to get to the holocron first, thereby giving a reason why the Hutts couldn't give it to any one Sith. If they did, then they'd risk angering the Sith that they didn't give it to. Either that, or someone gets word to the Jedi while the transaction is taking place, and the Jedi find the Hutt and Sith when they're about to make the exchange, spoiling the entire exchange and sending the Hutt into hiding while the Sith and Jedi both vie for the holocron.

Alternatively, we give the holocron to some Hutt with scruples (if we have any of those, perhaps Attila), who doesn't want to give the holocron to a Sith. In that case, he would be trying to get the holocron to the Jedi while the Sith hunt him down, making it a race to see who can get to the Hutt first. Also, the holocron can then lead to other plot arcs down the line, depending on who gets it.
    Indeed, the Jedi need not be the ones to find it. Specially if it's a Sith Holocron.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, it might make much more sense for the Hutts to find it, or...

Maybe a bounty hunter or some smuggler finds it while on the run from someone. Then, not knowing its value, they sell it to the Hutts, who actually know what it is. Then, hilarity ensues!
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

Emphasis on hilarity.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry KD, I've been busy being on vacation and sick in that order. Should we start doing something?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I don't think any Hutt would be particularly afraid of the Sith, and the definitely wouldn't they run and cower behind the Jedi. Bear in mind that the Hutts as a faction (maybe not so much individual Hutts) are a powerful group in their own right, with some of them running entire planets. They have most of the criminality of the galaxy on their side, and that includes some very deadly people.
    I'd gather if any Hutt obtained a Sith holocron, they'd likely just sell it to the highest bidder, preferably after holding it back for a while in order to jack up the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Personally, I don't think any Hutt would be particularly afraid of the Sith, and the definitely wouldn't they run and cower behind the Jedi. Bear in mind that the Hutts as a faction (maybe not so much individual Hutts) are a powerful group in their own right, with some of them running entire planets. They have most of the criminality of the galaxy on their side, and that includes some very deadly people.
    I'd gather if any Hutt obtained a Sith holocron, they'd likely just sell it to the highest bidder, preferably after holding it back for a while in order to jack up the price.
    It just means the Sith have to be particularly deadly, then.

Also, keep in mind... War out there. Last thing they need is encroaching on their territory.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    It just means the Sith have to be particularly deadly, then.
    I'm all ears.

Really, I agree with getting moving. I know I'm not helping much, but I do wish to continue playing. I just don't have any real ideas.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Think of it like this. Suppose the Hutts send a whole elite kill squad to get rid of ONE Sith.

Suppose they come back in nice, bite-sized pieces in a big box.

Would you not be wary of one such guy?

Now imagine a whole ARMY of 'em.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuro, are you going to post revised Kerran?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

ACK! SO SORRY!! I'd completely forgotten about that!!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Pixie in the Playground

To be fair to Canon, the Hutts are not so big a group at this time. The Exchange runs most of the Crime-related goodies in the Era, and only later do the Hutts decide to snuff out the other group.

I do think though any Hutt with a Holocron would just try and sell it to the highest bidder.

What if what the Hutt was selling was just the coordinates to where the Holocron was? And what if, in true Hutt greed forgetfulness, he happened to sell the data to both sides?
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-01-20 at 07:04 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Kerran Narr, Jedi Knight

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Kerran Narr
    Species: Cathar
    Height: 1.89 meters
    Weight: 65 kg
    Allegiance: His wife Kye and the Jedi.
    Eye color: Gold
    Hair color: Light brown, cut short

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kerran and his parents were amongst the few descendants of the survivors of the Mandalorian Wars. His village was small, but prosper. From an early age, Kerran demonstrated to be more quick-witted and faster than his fellows, owing it to an instinctive understanding of the Force, which he referred to as 'the Voice of the Forest'. One of the shamans of his tribe recognized the gift within the boy, but refused to train him - afraid that he would quickly outgrow his master and become more important than himself. Thus, when Jedi Master Shiros Hallu visited the village, the shaman was eager to suggest to his parents that Kerran be taken under the master's wing. As he came from a long trip, he spent the night in the village, which was assaulted, that very same night, by a pair of Sith - a master and his apprentice. Master Hallu was unable to keep them from killing Kerran's parents despite his best efforts, and worse still, to keep the young Cathar from witnessing it. He still managed to fend off the assault of the two Sith, however, and seeing as the boy no longer had a family, Shiros Hallu adopted him as his child and Padawan.

The years rushed them by. Kerran was a quick and studious learner. His father was a stern, but fair teacher. As the boy matured and neared adulthood, he began to be troubled by nightmares of the day he lost his parents. To Master Hallu, it was a sign that he needed to confront the ones who'd scarred his heart.

They sought the long cold trail of the Sith attackers. When they finally came face to face, each faced their counterpart. During their fateful duels, the Sith apprentice mocked and taunted Kerran. He said the Catharese village they'd assault had been mere target practice, its inhabitants mere training dummies. At which point Kerran cut off his head.

Kerran kept his opponent's lightsaber as a trophy and a reminder of the duty laid out before him, the path he'd been pushed into. And as a painful way to keep in mind not to let his anger and hatred overtake him, so he would not become like the ones who nearly destroyed his life.

Some time passed. Along the years, Master Hallu introduced Kerran to Aisa Vellia and her Padawan Kye. For both educational purposes (in that it was good practice) and entertainment purposes (because of their rivalry), they'd have their Padawan spar against each other. What started as friendly rivalry ended up blossoming into unabashed love. Master Hallu, for his turn at least, entirely supported what ended up becoming a married couple sometime later - as he sensed that Kye helped balance what could easily become the dangerous combination of personal grief and training in the ways of the Force.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kerran is an odd duck. Or better yet, cat. While a true Cathar in every sense of the word - proud, passionate, and with high moral standards -, he is not above being playful at times, or even wily. He seems otherwise fairly carefree and unconcerned, even with what others think of him. His temper, however, is quickly ignited by two subjects: the slavery of his people by the Mandalorians, and the Sith. Threats to his beloved do not go unheeded either, but he tends to be even quicker to ironize the poor, blundering fool who thinks it wise to threaten a woman as wise in the ways of the Force as Kye. At such times, he clearly seems to struggle with his 'inner lion', so to speak, and instead turns the passion characteristic of his people into a slow-burning, detached, seething tranquil fury.

Powers: Hoboy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kerran is a Balanced type of Jedi... of sorts. He focuses significantly in combat powers.

Aspects of the Force: Strong in Alter, decent in Control, and weak in Sense. Strangely enough, this seems to stem more from a focus in his training than actual aptitude - in that despite his use of Control-related powers displaying more capability than his powers related to Sense, his natural abilities seem to either complement or partially compensate each.

Force Telekinesis: Kerran's Force-based area of expertise. Kerran's control of objects with the use of the Force is little less than formidable. His absolute weight limit when lifting things with the Force is an astonishing 5 tons, assuming he doesn't focus on anything else, though anything weighing half a ton or above typically gives him pause. (As a reference, a relatively small real-life car weights between 3.5 and 5 tons.)

Telekinetic Combat: Kerran is able to use both his lightsabers in telekinetic combat. In theory, he might be able to handle more; however, he does not carry extra lightsabers for this purpose, nor does he want to.

Force Speed: Kerran is... fast. VERY fast. Of the few Control powers he possesses, this is one of the most impressive, adding to his feline agility quite handsomely. Kerran brags that at one time, he met the man who used to claim he had the fastest speeder in the galaxy. And now it belongs to him.* (*The veracity of either side of the tale is often disputed. Not because Kerran couldn't have done it, but because the owner of the speeder was well-known in Nar Shaddaa.) This does not refer to his 'combat' speed, however. Kerran is a fast runner, specially considering the Force (he can actually run practically as fast as a speeder, but it takes quite a bit out of him), but he's not the "cut you seventeen times before you drop dead" kind of fast.

Mind Trick: These aren't the pants you're looking for.

Battle Precognition: Usable only in his state of tranquil fury, Kerran has this as more of an instinctive ability than an actual known power. Usually, when his mind reaches such a state, his frantic fighting style becomes almost eerily still, shifting only to reflect aggression inflicted upon him in equal strength. Thus, the more desperate his opponent is to kill him, the less likely he is to succeed.

Lightsaber combat abilities

Kerran employs not one, but two dual-phase, black-bladed lightsabers in battle. At first glance they appear to be normal lightsabers, but Kerran has developed an unique form of Tràkata that consists in shifting the size of the lightsaber itself to unbalance his opponent's movements. Their maximum length is two meters' worth of blade, and he never uses both in this setting at once. Kerran's preferred form is a dual saber form of Ataru. As a dual saber user, Kerran is well-informed in Jar'Kai, but it's not his specialty.

Skills: Kerran is a competent pilot and mechanic. His knowledge on both matters is more practical and instinctive than theoretical: he may not know the names of some parts of his ship, but he can tell which ones tend to give the most trouble, and when they need replacing. It has been observed at times that when at work, he pays particular attention to the noises the ship makes, if any; though the ship is not a living thing per se and there is definitely no Force power involved, Kerran claims that such is the way the machine has of communicating with him and telling him what's wrong. For such a relatively uninformed fellow, he keeps the ship in good shape, however. Likewise, his piloting relies a lot more in observing the path most beneficial to the vessel rather than using knowledge of what the ship can do to pull off certain maneuvers.

Equipment: Two black-bladed, triple-setting dual-phase lightsabers, one red lightsaber (carried as a trophy; it was disassembled so as to remove its ignition switch and put back together), a small set of mechanic's tools, some credits (typically about 2000), ID, brown Jedi robes, black leather flightsuit.

That should do it. Remember kids, 500 kg in the Star Wars universe is practically a paperclip.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-01-20 at 08:03 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, the problem with selling the holocron to the highest bidder would mean alienating the side that he didn't sell the holocron to. If he sold it to the Jedi, he would earn the animosity of the Sith, potentially ruining his business given the current strength of the Sith. And if he sold it to the Sith, he would earn the anger of the Jedi, which could ruin his reputation and business on any non-Sith controlled worlds, and even some of those if the Sith were angry about which Sith he sold it too.

However, I also like the idea of the Hutt having just the coordinates, because that would involve a race both to the Hutt and to the holocron itself. And potentially a giant battle wherever the holocron is, or at least a dramatic run. Bonus points if the info gets leaked halfway through!
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Sorry KD, I've been busy being on vacation and sick in that order. Should we start doing something?
    I'd like to. Work's drained me enough I've had a bit of trouble posting (my stupidly long drive last night didn't help).

Maybe just some instructive sparring in the Republic thread?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Well, the problem with selling the holocron to the highest bidder would mean alienating the side that he didn't sell the holocron to. If he sold it to the Jedi, he would earn the animosity of the Sith, potentially ruining his business given the current strength of the Sith. And if he sold it to the Sith, he would earn the anger of the Jedi, which could ruin his reputation and business on any non-Sith controlled worlds, and even some of those if the Sith were angry about which Sith he sold it too.

However, I also like the idea of the Hutt having just the coordinates, because that would involve a race both to the Hutt and to the holocron itself. And potentially a giant battle wherever the holocron is, or at least a dramatic run. Bonus points if the info gets leaked halfway through!
    Business is business. Sometimes you just have to risk the hard consequences and sell. If either side doesn't like it they can deal with the bounty hunters.

For Kuro's information, "Kid Kris' Twi'lek Jedi" is actually a human now, and named Aisa Vellia.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Business is business. Sometimes you just have to risk the hard consequences and sell. If either side doesn't like it they can deal with the bounty hunters.

For Kuro's information, "Kid Kris' Twi'lek Jedi" is actually a human now, and named Aisa Vellia.
    Thanks, that's all I needed to know. So no complaints?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope. Though some questions. What was Hallu's fate, in the end, anyway?

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

He's probably still wandering around, never to be seen again, as a proper NPC.

I left him open in case someone wants to play the guy.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ugh, been really with RL lately, and some more comp problems that never end

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Posting Kerran to the Registry, then I'm off to leap into a galaxy far, far away. FOR ADVENTURE! Capitalism, ho! waitaminute...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'd like to. Work's drained me enough I've had a bit of trouble posting (my stupidly long drive last night didn't help).

Maybe just some instructive sparring in the Republic thread?
    Perhaps it would be good. I do have tons more work these few weeks than I ever thought I could have.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Updated the character registry, let me know if I missed anyone.