Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 235
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Exploring Eberron

    Ballard took up a challenge. To seek out a ruined temple in Xen'Drik mentioned in a recently discovered scroll. The scroll said that the temple was the resting place of a mysterious Gemstone of great magical power. Whoever retrieved the stone and handed it in to House Medani would be rewarded with 10'000 Gp and of course be allowed to keep any other treasures they found.

    Meanwhile, Professor Gaeliss was entrusted by Morgrave University with the task of finding a certain valuable statuette of The Keeper. In his research Gaeliss came to the conclusion that the statue was at the same temple as that of the House Medani mission. Knowing he would require assistance he sought out those who had taken up the challenge, eventually finding and joining Ballard. With some difficulty Gaeliss convinced Ballard that the two of them couldn't survive the journey through Xen'Drik alone. Therefore, they looked for further assistance. This came in the form of two companions they found hiring themselves out as 'Adventure Support'.

    About half a day's travel into Xen'Drik, Ballard raises a hand to stop the party.
    Holding his sword ready he slowly turns his head to the left...

    Just as two White Wolves almost 5' tall burst out of the undergrowth. Ballard initially thinks he recognises Winter Wolves, but the climate is too hot for that.

    Roll Initiative.
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2010-12-30 at 07:48 PM.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DoctorHobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show

    Awesome opener! I love it. Bravo, sir. Also, I'm going to assume you mean "With some difficulty Gaeliss convinced Ballard that the two of them couldn't survive the journey through Xen'Drik alone. Therefore, they looked for further assistance."

    INITIATIVE - (1d20+4)[10]
    "Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daxter Grey - Illuminance
    Ballard Clarke - Exploring Eberron


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorHobo View Post
    I'm going to assume you mean "With some difficulty Gaeliss convinced Ballard that the two of them couldn't survive the journey through Xen'Drik alone. Therefore, they looked for further assistance."
    What do you mean? That's what it says.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DoctorHobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    What do you mean? That's what it says.
    Gasp! You are correct sir. My mistake!
    "Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daxter Grey - Illuminance
    Ballard Clarke - Exploring Eberron


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    Woot, this one is going finally. I almost asked about it this morning. Initiative: (1d20+7)[27]

    And let the good times roll.
    Last edited by Grendus; 2010-12-30 at 08:14 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Australia
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ack. Good thing I checked the thread I agree, awesome opening though I read this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devmaar View Post
    Ballard took up a challenge. To seek out a ruined temple in Xen'Drik mentioned in a recently discovered scroll.
    as "To seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly go where no man has gone before!" at first... I've been watching too much Star Trek

    Anyway!

    (1d20+2)[10]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+2)[12]
    ===================

    My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!



    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Australia
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just noticed, Doc & I got the same initiative. I believe the person with the highest dex goes first in that case? That would be Ballard

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Marlowe acts first.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how far away the wolves are, so I'm going to assume close enough that sudden leap can get there. If it isn't, I'll be moving to engage and making a single attack.

    Marlowe draws his halberd as a swift action (via Lesser Crystal of Return), then uses Sudden Leap to reach the wolves and performs a full attack, trading three points of attack bonus for damage.

    Jump check for distance: (1d20+13)[21]

    First attack: Attack Roll (1d20+13)[20], Damage (1d10+14)[16]+(1d6)[2]
    Second attack: Attack Roll (1d20+8)[23], Damage (1d10+14)[18]+(1d6)[1]


    Marlowe raises his eyebrows as the wolves step through the grass. "Here doggy doggy," he mutters, grabbing the halberd with almost inhuman speed. "Niiiice doggy." Suddenly, he lunges forward, slashing powerfully at the first one, hoping to ward them off or take it out of the battle quickly.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Marlowe leaps forward, his halberd cutting deep into the wolf's flesh. Snarling, the wolf lunges at him but Marlowe neatly sidesteps the attack.

    Another wolf jumps out the foliage on the other side of the party and releases a green cloud from its muzzle (12 acid damage against everyone except Marlowe, REF DC 16 for half).

    The third wolf joins its companion in attacking Marlowe, this time biting in his arm. Marlowe feels a strange burning sensation in his arm (11 damage +6 acid).

    The Prof is up!
    Last edited by Devmaar; 2010-12-31 at 10:54 AM.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    "Winter wolves, but something's odd about them..." says Prof. Gaelis.

    His psicrystal communicates telepathically with Gaelis ("Watch out!")

    As an acid stream seems to cover a wide area, Gaelis reacted quickly, and summoned a magic shield to protect him from the harms of acid, at least temporally.

    "Acid wolves?" the professor thinks, curious. "This is weirder than expected..."

    Then he manifests a psychic power which displays a sonorous hum, and lifts the professor to the air.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Action vs the acid area attack: Energy Aegis (Resist Acid 20 during this round, so I take no damage from the wolves' acid attacks). It's a spell of Players Handbook 2.

    Standard Action: Psionic Fly (I have fly speed 60 (good), and it will last 10 minutes). 7 pp expended, 54 remaining.

    Move Action: Move upwards to see better.


    Question: Was the acid area attack a cone or a stream?
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-02 at 02:44 AM.
    ===================

    My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!



    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    A cone


    As the professor rises he sees a fourth wolf emerge alongside the one that used the acid attack and leap at Terryn, but its teeth skitter off her armour.

    Ballard next, then Terryn, Then Marlowe again.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    "There's a fourth wolf coming from there!" says Gaelis to the group.
    ===================

    My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!



    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    "I didn't even know there were three," Marlowe calls back, shaking his arm repeatedly to get the wolf off. "Do yours have acid fangs too? I bet these would go over really well as pets back home. Most dogs just chew on your slippers, these dissolve them." He delivers a harsh kick to the wolf's chest, finally dislodging it, and sets his feet for his next attack.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DoctorHobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ballard's Reflex Save: (1d20+8)[15]
    Carver's Reflex Save: (1d20+6)[26]

    I'll have Ballard ride up to the wolf that shot the cone of acid and attack it.
    Attack: (1d20+14)[29]
    Damage: [roll]3d8+8[/roll]


    Ballard let out a roar of fury once the wolf's acid had hit him, and in retaliation he charged the offending beast and brought his blade down upon it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not charge as in the action, obviously. Just flavor~
    Last edited by DoctorHobo; 2011-01-01 at 07:12 PM.
    "Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daxter Grey - Illuminance
    Ballard Clarke - Exploring Eberron


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Australia
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    "Nice doggy?" Terryn shakes her head in exasperation at Marlowe's words. The next second she flings her hands up to cover her eyes as the acid launches at them and spins sideways as another wolf lunges and bounces off her armour.

    "Let's see how well you do if you can't see," she mutters, pulling a small packet of ground mica from the pouch at her belt. A word and gesture later and she blows the dust towards the wolves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+9)[23]

    Casting Glitterdust at the biggest grouping of wolves (wanting to get as many covered in it as possible)
    Will Save: 18

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    That would be the two targeting Marlowe and they they are indeed blinded. Marlowe's turn
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to activate Paimon's Power for +2 strength and +2 stamina.

    Full attack against the already wounded wolf, power attacking for -3 attack bonus same as last time. Think I'll save my corrosive surge charges though, if it breathes acid it's probably resistant.

    First Attack: attack roll (1d20+14)[26], damage roll (1d10+16)[17]+(1d6)[2]
    Second Attack: attack roll (1d20+9)[24], damage roll (1d10+16)[25]+(1d6)[3]


    Ok, might be a little outnumbered here. Paimon?

    "Hah, thought you'd never ask," came the vague reply, like a fragment of a half forgotten thought. "But remember, strength may cleave through armor, but precision can cut like it's not there."

    Yes, yes. Thank you for the swordplay lesson. Coming from someone who's been in a long-distance-no-contact relationship with his normal plane of existence for several centuries, your expertise is greatly appreciated, Marlowe replies, bringing his halberd to bear on the wounded wolf again with his newly augmented strength. Paimon's only reply was a ghostly chuckle.
    Last edited by Grendus; 2011-01-02 at 09:26 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Marlowe deftly finishes the wolf.

    The remaining wolf by Marlowe lunges at him clumsily but misses by a wide margin. The wolf that used it's breath weapon lunges forward at Ballard's mount, bringing it crashing to the ground.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    "This reminds me of old times..."

    From above, Gaelis maneuvers his fly speed with precision, right above the newcoming wolf, and two fire rays emerge from the professor's hand, cascading downward to the wolf, scorching it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: Move away from the group, close to the fourth wolf that appeared last. I'd prefer to be at 50-ft right above the wolf.

    Standard: Scorching Ray on that wolf.
    Ray 1: (1d20+6)[16] vs touch AC. (4d6)[15] fire damage.
    Ray 2: (1d20+6)[26] vs touch AC. (4d6)[16] fire damage. (Critical, I'll confirm in the OOC thread; result: 11.)

    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-05 at 11:35 AM.
    ===================

    My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!



    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    With a squeal the professor's target rears up and dies, black smoke rising from its scorched fur.


    Ballard's turn
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DoctorHobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show

    I dunno what the check is for landing gracefully after one's mount is knocked out from under oneself, but I'll assume it's Ride and make one of those. Also assuming such an attempt is a move action, I'll just make the standard attack after dismounting.

    Ride Check: (1d20+12)[14]
    Attack: (1d20+14)[28]
    Damage: weapon: [roll]2d6+6[/roll] + shock: (1d6)[3] + 2 magic = 17


    Ballard leaped from his his mount as the wolf brought it down, then brought a vengeful slash from his greatsword down upon it.
    Last edited by DoctorHobo; 2011-01-05 at 06:06 PM.
    "Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daxter Grey - Illuminance
    Ballard Clarke - Exploring Eberron


  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Ballard viciously swings at the wolf, drawing blood from its flank.

    Behind him his mount struggles to its feat.


    Marlowe
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dance of Death as a standard action. Using four points of power attack.

    Not sure if I need to make a tumble check, though I should be able to pull it off easily. I'll throw in two here. (1d20+19)[33](1d20+19)[28]

    Attack against the blind wolf: Attack (1d20+12)[28], Damage: (1d10+16)[18]+(1d6)[6]

    Attack against the other wolf: Attack (1d20+12)[25], Damage: (1d10+16)[20]+(1d6)[1]

    Also, activate Paimon's Defense Aura to add +5 AC to me and Ballard


    "Remember, combat is like a dance," the words floated across Marlowe's mind. "Balance, poise... you must lead your opponent, you must..."

    Did it ever occur to you that had you taken combat more seriously, you might not be in your current predicament? Marlowe cut him off sarcastically, shifting his weight before jamming the point of his halberd into the wolf in front of him. He withdraws it, spinning acrobatically before bounding across the battlefield to slam the axe head into the other wolf. Dancing never inflicted that much pain.
    Last edited by Grendus; 2011-01-05 at 08:18 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Damn. Sorry Grendus, I just realised I skipped Terryn's go
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine, just calculate my turn after hers.
    Last edited by Grendus; 2011-01-05 at 09:56 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bunbury, Australia
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Terryn watches, amused as Ballard and Marlowe make short work of the remaining wolves.

    "You guys just go ahead without me," she calls cheerfully, not at all bothered that she clearly isn't needed. "Although..." with a shrug, she tips her head to make sure everyone is in range of her voice and starts to sing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about it, Terryn is rather superfluous in this fight anyway

    On the other hand, have some Inspire Courage +2 anyway
    +2 attack & damage
    +2 saves against fear affects (in case the wolves are really scary )

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    Upon hearing Terryn's song, prof. Gaelis smiles in approval.

    "Bardic magical song, huh?" he thinks. "That's really useful, specially with my fire rays or telekinetic maneuvers..."
    ===================

    My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!



    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devmaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Exploring Eberron

    After Marlowe's agile display the blind wolf turns and clatters away back into the forest. The other tries to turn and run but is cut down by Ballard.
    Avatar is Alim
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •