New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Zceryll, question concerning.

So, at level 20, can a binder, use SMIX to bring out an elder earth elemental, and apply the template, and the use Nar, to make it take half your damage? And per the template it gains SR 25, while it retains its original DR 10/-. Am I reading that right? Or did I miss something?
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Zceryll, question concerning.

I don't think you miss anything. The complete list of summonable stuff might be helpful, though. IIRC, there are better things to summon than elementals.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    I don't think you miss anything. The complete list of summonable stuff might be helpful, though. IIRC, there are better things to summon than elementals.
    Zceryll lets you summon anything* so long as it is corporeal. Her Summon Alien ability is thus far more powerful than that of an Alienist, because hers is not restricted just to celestial and fiendish creatures. Add to that free Telepathy+Mindsight, and everything else she gives you is icing on the cake.

She also does not penalize your social skills like the Alienist does, and you can suppress her sign without impacting your abilities.

*anything summonable via Summon Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    So, at level 20, can a binder, use SMIX to bring out an elder earth elemental, and apply the template, and the use Nar, to make it take half your damage? And per the template it gains SR 25, while it retains its original DR 10/-. Am I reading that right? Or did I miss something?
    Stuff like this is why the online Vestiges bump you up a Tier as a Binder.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Yeah, between Zceryll's "sure, have any spell like ability and/or power found on any critter on the Summon Monster list, and that creature will then spam it for you without using your actions, and you can have a bunch up at once" nonsense, and that other one that suddenly makes you into a great magic item maker, the Binder gets REALLY strong out of nowhere.

If you want to make it really nasty, take the feat that lets you use Zceryll's summon once every four rounds, and take a Major Bloodline (to increase your EBL). Now you can have even more at once!

JaronK