Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Geomancer PrC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Geomancer PrC

    Does anyone know which book has the Epic Progession? Page number would also be appreciated.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Geomancer PrC

    I didn't know there was a book that had the epic progression of the Geomancer.

    When I made it to the epic levels with my geomancer, I continued to advance his Spell Versatility and he got to choose more terrains every 3 levels. I think I also got a bonus feat every 4 levels. Some DM's might give you a bonus feat every 3 levels since there isn't an epic progression chart for the Drift.

    If your DM is nice, maybe they will let you take more Drift, but it could be things that mimic extraordinary epic abilities.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Debatra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kaeda
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Geomancer PrC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    I didn't know there was a book that had the epic progression of the Geomancer.
    I'm not sure either. That's why I'm here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaschaser View Post
    When I made it to the epic levels with my geomancer, I continued to advance his Spell Versatility and he got to choose more terrains every 3 levels. I think I also got a bonus feat every 4 levels. Some DM's might give you a bonus feat every 3 levels since there isn't an epic progression chart for the Drift.

    If your DM is nice, maybe they will let you take more Drift, but it could be things that mimic extraordinary epic abilities.
    Sounds good to bring up if I can't find anything official. Thanks.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?


    Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Geomancer PrC

    The official rules as far as I can remember is this:

    1) The prestige class must be at least 10 levels. If it's less, then there is no epic progression.

    2) Any special ability of the class that repeats 3 times or more, continue to progress in epic levels. If the special ability only repeats once or twice, it will not continue into epic levels.

    3) If an ability repeats 3 or more times but will have no effect in epic levels, then you might get bonus feats instead (one bonus feat every 3, 4, or 5 levels).

    Since all the Geomancer abilities repeat 3 or more times, they should all continue to progree in the epic levels. The problem is when it comes to Drift. Unless your DM wants to sit down and create Drift for epic levels, he/she might as well give you bonus feats instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •