New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default [4e] Warlock Implement vs. Saves

I've been trying to locate an implement that would allow one of my players to lower the chances of enemies to make their saves. He is playing a Warlock of the Dark Pact and with his 1st Level Daily spell (Contagion), he wants to be able to infect as many as possible.

I would like your opinion on my Implement design. I'm going for something Level 4-6 with a minor effect on enemy saving throws.

{table]Damnation Rod +1 | Level X
    Enhancement: | +1 to attack and damage rolls
    Critical: | none[/table]

With either:

Property: Enemies under your Warlock's Curse take a -1 to all saving throws.

OR

Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. Use this power when an enemy attempts a saving throw. They take a -2 to the roll.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Warlock Implement vs. Saves

Quote Originally Posted by drawingfreak View Post
    I've been trying to locate an implement that would allow one of my players to lower the chances of enemies to make their saves. He is playing a Warlock of the Dark Pact and with his 1st Level Daily spell (Contagion), he wants to be able to infect as many as possible.

I would like your opinion on my Implement design. I'm going for something Level 4-6 with a minor effect on enemy saving throws.

{table]Damnation Rod +1 | Level X
    Enhancement: | +1 to attack and damage rolls
    Critical: | none[/table]

With either:

Property: Enemies under your Warlock's Curse take a -1 to all saving throws.

OR

Power (Daily): Immediate Interrupt. Use this power when an enemy attempts a saving throw. They take a -2 to the roll.
    If you make the first one "Enemies under your Warlock's Curse take a -1 penalty to all saving throws against effects imposed by this rod", then I think it'd be balanced as a level 4 or 5 item. Oh, and +1d6 critical per plus.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-01-08 at 07:19 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!