Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 173
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Hey, at one point I was working on a Droid type, which is basically the middle ground between the Construct and the Living Construct. Would you like me to post 'em?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dencero View Post
    Guess who just watched Gurren Lagann in the span of two days? This guy. Changed my life it did. It isn't just about giant robots, bouncing bosoms, and pure manliness. It's about throwing logic out the window and having the balls to do the impossible.

    Me gushing aside, I have something that you could chew on for the Construct Power Cores. I have no clue if these are balanced, so you're gonna have to help me out here. :/ (Note to self; Include Spiral Energy at later time. Just who the hell do you think I am?!?)

    *snip*
    Don't believe in the me who believes in you! Don't believe in the you who believes in me! BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF!

    Oh, yeah.

    Anyways, those look pretty cool. I shall sink my teeth into them once I'm done with my AT-ST.

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Another brother has been intiated into the fold. Welcome. Have a look at my Spiral Warrior class. That shall soon be edited with the caveat that adding the Piloting skill to the class skills is acceptable, should you use the material in this thread.
    Well, the piloting skill actually has nothing to do with piloted constructs. It's for Vehicles. Though, having Kamina ride around in a tank would be pretty awesome, too...

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Hey, at one point I was working on a Droid type, which is basically the middle ground between the Construct and the Living Construct. Would you like me to post 'em?
    Sure, go on ahead. Do you have creatures WITH the droid type too, or shall they too become part of my list?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Sure, go on ahead. Do you have creatures WITH the droid type too, or shall they too become part of my list?
    I have stats laying around somewhere. I started stating up stuff for a Star Wars campaign before finding out there was already one in existence.

    I just saw the AT-PT. I like it, but I haven't gone into too much detail, yet.

    EDIT: I like them both. The DCs seem reasonable. A full attack could easily mow down level 1 warriors, so I think you fit the descriptions pretty well.

    PEACH away.

    Droid Type
    Droids are superficially similar to constructs, but they have regulated interior parts and weak points in their body, similar to living creatures. At the same time, they have much in common with constructs, and are a form of middle ground between living constructs and constructs.

    Features
    A Droid has the following features.
    • 10-sided Hit Die
    • Base Attack Bonus dependent on subtype.
    • Saving throws dependent on subtype.
    • Skill points dependent on subtype.


    Traits
    A Droid has the following traits (unless otherwise mentioned in the creature's entry):
    • Droids have a constitution score. Wires and internal components act very much like a biological being's organ systems.
    • Lowlight vision.
    • Darkvision 60 ft.
    • Immunity to mind effecting affects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects)
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Cannot heal damage naturally, but they can be repaired and repair themselves through the use of the repair skill.
    • Droids are subject to critical hits, but are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Immunity to any effect requiring a Fortitude save (unless it also works for objects).
    • Droids are suffer from massive damage. A Droid with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. It can take only a single move action or standard action each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When hit points are less than 0 and more than -10, a droid is left inert. It is unconscious and helpless, and it cannot perform any actions. However, an inert Droid does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to it, as with a living creature that is stable.
    • Since it was never alive, a droid cannot be raised or resurrected.
    • Because its body is made up of unliving matter, a droid is hard to destroy. It gains extra hit points based on size, as shown on the table.
    • Proficient with any weapons mentioned in its entry.
    • Proficient with no armor.
    • Constructs do not eat or breathe, but much recharge 4 hours in a state that resembles sleep. Droids do not gain the bonuses from consumable items.


    {table=head]Droid Size | Bonus Hit Points
    Fine | -----
    Diminutive | -----
    Tiny | -----
    Small | 10
    Medium | 20
    Large | 30
    Huge | 40
    Gargantuan | 60
    Colossal | 80[/table]

    Subtypes

    First Degree: These Droids are capable of creative thought, and the most intelligent droids are usually placed in this category. Mathematicians, scientists, artists, and medical droids fit into this category.
    • Base Attack equals 1/2 its HD
    • Good Will saves
    • Skill points equal to (8 + INT modifier)


    Second Degree: These Droids are engineers and technical experts. These droids are skilled in the use of computers, and can be deployed in combat situations. Scouting droids and pilots also fit into this category.
    • Base Attack Bonus equals 3/4 its HD
    • Good Will Saves
    • Skill points equal to (6 + INT modifier)


    Third Degree: Third Degree Droids are social droids, such as political servants, translators, and interaction droids. This type of droid interacts with humanoids the most.
    • Base Attack equals 1/2 its HD
    • No good saves
    • Skill Points equal to (8 + INT modifier)


    Fourth Degree: Combat droids are generally used as security or military units. With the end of the Clone Wars, most Fourth Degree droids have been outlawed.
    • Base Attack equals its HD
    • Good fortitude saves
    • Skill Points equal (2 + INT modifier)


    Fifth Degree:The least advanced type of droid, fifth degree droids are menial laborers. They often participate in easy tasks humanoids cannot be bothered with, like window washing and sanitation.
    • Base Attack equals 1/2 its HD
    • No good saves
    • Skill Points equal to (2 + INT modifier)
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-11 at 01:02 AM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Longue-Rive, Québec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Cool, Gurren lagann! Though I would have added a kind of activated powerup ability for lagann to represent an increase in fighting spirit (and thus spiral energy). Maybe a charisma check? What do you think?


    Also, good job with the new skill and subtypes, but I think that a skill check for everything is a little too much. How about if you have at least 1 rank in piloting, you can do basic stuff (attack, move) without a check, 5 or 10 for more complexe stuff (full attack, run) and keep the checks for the rest?

    This would assume a kind of standardised control scheme. When trying to pilot something with variant controls, checks become necessary again.

    Or you could make a feat (basic trainning) that removes checks for baic stuff.



    Speaking of feats, how about a feat for the good pilots (Ace Pilot maybe), that seem to get more out of his vehicle than normal pilot. Could act as a kind of weapon focus, but with a specific type of vehicle and would boost the stats of the vehicle.



    Finally, what happens when a vehicle his big enough to warrant multiple pilots? I suppose the "gunner" gives his AB, the "pilot" the stats, etc.

    But I think they would need to make a kind of piloting check to synchronize their efforts.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergor Terraf View Post
    Also, good job with the new skill and subtypes, but I think that a skill check for everything is a little too much. How about if you have at least 1 rank in piloting, you can do basic stuff (attack, move) without a check, 5 or 10 for more complexe stuff (full attack, run) and keep the checks for the rest?
    I think the point of the skill checks is so that random, unqualified people cannot just go around using the walkers. I think it should stay, as is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergor Terraf View Post
    Speaking of feats, how about a feat for the good pilots (Ace Pilot maybe), that seem to get more out of his vehicle than normal pilot. Could act as a kind of weapon focus, but with a specific type of vehicle and would boost the stats of the vehicle.
    I agree whole heartedly, feats would rock.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    All right, all three of the classic walkers are up. AT-PT, AT-ST, and AT-AT. AT-AT was a tad disappointing, that colossal size penalty to attack really nerfed 'em. Still, they should be fine for targets that don't move much.

    Anywho, respondin' in turn.

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    I have stats laying around somewhere. I started stating up stuff for a Star Wars campaign before finding out there was already one in existence.

    I just saw the AT-PT. I like it, but I haven't gone into too much detail, yet.

    EDIT: I like them both. The DCs seem reasonable. A full attack could easily mow down level 1 warriors, so I think you fit the descriptions pretty well.

    PEACH away.

    *snip*
    Okay, going into it, let's see... Immunity to mind-affecting. I'm not sure this is accurate. Didn't Qui-Gonn use the mind trick on a droid at one point?

    Immunity to anything requiring a fortitude save overlaps a lot of the things you mentioned in the specific immunities list.

    You mention they must recharge four hours, but you need to mention 'each day', and that a droid spellcaster must still rest for 8 hours to restore spells.

    Beyond that, however, I see no issues. I'll go add it into the post and make sure you get credit.

    EDIT: Oh! Just noticed you mention 'repair' skill. Do you mean 'craft'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergor Terraf View Post
    Cool, Gurren lagann! Though I would have added a kind of activated powerup ability for lagann to represent an increase in fighting spirit (and thus spiral energy). Maybe a charisma check? What do you think?

    Also, good job with the new skill and subtypes, but I think that a skill check for everything is a little too much. How about if you have at least 1 rank in piloting, you can do basic stuff (attack, move) without a check, 5 or 10 for more complexe stuff (full attack, run) and keep the checks for the rest?

    This would assume a kind of standardised control scheme. When trying to pilot something with variant controls, checks become necessary again.

    Or you could make a feat (basic trainning) that removes checks for baic stuff.

    Speaking of feats, how about a feat for the good pilots (Ace Pilot maybe), that seem to get more out of his vehicle than normal pilot. Could act as a kind of weapon focus, but with a specific type of vehicle and would boost the stats of the vehicle.

    Finally, what happens when a vehicle his big enough to warrant multiple pilots? I suppose the "gunner" gives his AB, the "pilot" the stats, etc.

    But I think they would need to make a kind of piloting check to synchronize their efforts.
    Hmm... I could see a charisma-based booster check. Would you say just double the regular fighting spirit bonuses?

    Well, you've gotta keep in mind, most of these DCs are pretty low. Mid-level characters should be pulling these off no problem, even the harder ones.

    I could, however, see a feat in the future based on removing most of the piloting checks for a machine you're intimately familiar with. You'd still have to make piloting checks to bail or perform skills, but you could perform most things without issue.

    Also, I like the idea for 'ace pilot'. I think I'll add that in. Since it's a little more situational than weapon focus, it would probably be stronger. A plus to vehicle dex, perhaps, and maybe a +2 to attacking with the construct's weapons. Hey, maybe the feat that removes the pilot checks is a precursor to this one.

    Also, I was thinking about multi-pilot vehicles. But I'm not honestly sure how I would make it work. I don't want it to be just 'add extra pilots, get infinite actions'.

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    I think the point of the skill checks is so that random, unqualified people cannot just go around using the walkers. I think it should stay, as is.

    I agree whole heartedly, feats would rock.
    'Zactly. Most people with a focus on piloting would have no trouble with the DCs. Oh, also, I just thought of the masterwork tool for piloting: Fuzzy dice. Oh, yeah.

    Don't worry, there will be feats. Also, classes. Mech Warrior, and Ace Pilot (working names). Mech Warrior would focus on piloted constructs, while Ace Pilot would do his work with vehicles. Possibly an artificer PrC based on multiple homonculi/constructs and giving them bonuses.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2011-01-11 at 02:14 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hell itself (Ohio)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    sweet!

    Why didn't I notice this before now?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    sweet!

    Why didn't I notice this before now?
    Blinded by the brilliance of my AWESOME, perhaps?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Okay, going into it, let's see... Immunity to mind-affecting. I'm not sure this is accurate. Didn't Qui-Gonn use the mind trick on a droid at one point?
    Yes, he attempted to at one point. The droid was slightly confused at first, but was ultimately unaffected, which leads me to believe it just did not understand what Qui-Gon was attempting. The droid's response was (paraphrased): "That does not compute. Await for response. Oh, your under arrest!" Still, just in case.... bah, now I need to look through the force power articles on wookieepedia to see exactly what did and what didn't affect droids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Immunity to anything requiring a fortitude save overlaps a lot of the things you mentioned in the specific immunities list.
    Yes, but the construct type feels like that is important enough to give it its own bullet point in the MM, so I think I should do the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    You mention they must recharge four hours, but you need to mention 'each day', and that a droid spellcaster must still rest for 8 hours to restore spells.
    That will be added immediately.

    Beyond that, however, I see no issues. I'll go add it into the post and make sure you get credit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    EDIT: Oh! Just noticed you mention 'repair' skill. Do you mean 'craft'?
    Yes, that was another holdout from the homebrew Star Wars project I was working on. Man, I really need to work on following a project all the way through. Anyways, I'll change it to craft right away.

    EDIT: I've been thinking, since the walkers are objects, shouldn't they have hardness? I was originally going to mention damage reduction, but nothing bypasses hardness. I'm thinking maybe 10 for most walkers (Iron and steel have hardness 10, after all), and 20 for the AT-ATs (just for that indestructible feel).
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-11 at 10:00 AM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    EDIT: I've been thinking, since the walkers are objects, shouldn't they have hardness? I was originally going to mention damage reduction, but nothing bypasses hardness. I'm thinking maybe 10 for most walkers (Iron and steel have hardness 10, after all), and 20 for the AT-ATs (just for that indestructible feel).
    ...And we think of this AFTER I've finished six vehicle entries. Blaaarg. I shall go fix.

    On that note, I decided to... diverge slightly from the original plan for the RL tank, car, and bike. I'm just finished with Scorpion and Warthog, and I'm going to get to work on Ghost once I go install this 'hardness' idea. I think all the heavy-armor vehicles should have hardness 20. AT-AT, AT-TE, and Scorpion are all pretty epically indestructible.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2011-01-11 at 10:49 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    ...And we think of this AFTER I've finished six vehicle entries. Blaaarg. I shall go fix.
    Yeah, I just woke up this morning and the thought popped into the swirling maelstrom of insanity that is my mind. Sorry for it being a little late.

    Anyways, after on and off research, I've come to the conclusion that droids are immune to mind affects. It seems that Lobot was immune to mind affects because of his cybernetic neurological enhancement. I assume this, by extension, means that droids as a whole are immune to them as well.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Longue-Rive, Québec
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hmm... I could see a charisma-based booster check. Would you say just double the regular fighting spirit bonuses?

    That would be good. But I'd also add a risk to it. Miss by less than 5 and nothing happens. Miss by more and you lose the fighting spirit bonus (despair sets in). Now we just need to find how to determine the check, the duration and htimes per encounter it can be used.

    Well, you've gotta keep in mind, most of these DCs are pretty low. Mid-level characters should be pulling these off no problem, even the harder ones.
    I know. I just wanted a way to implement the fact that after using something for a while, the basics become second nature. Sure, the more complex stuff would still need a check, but I think thatif the player can eventually move without the need to make a check, it would convey the sense that his character is realy getting the hang of piloting this thing.

    I could, however, see a feat in the future based on removing most of the piloting checks for a machine you're intimately familiar with. You'd still have to make piloting checks to bail or perform skills, but you could perform most things without issue.

    Also, I like the idea for 'ace pilot'. I think I'll add that in. Since it's a little more situational than weapon focus, it would probably be stronger. A plus to vehicle dex, perhaps, and maybe a +2 to attacking with the construct's weapons. Hey, maybe the feat that removes the pilot checks is a precursor to this one.
    That would be great!


    Also, I was thinking about multi-pilot vehicles. But I'm not honestly sure how I would make it work. I don't want it to be just 'add extra pilots, get infinite actions'.

    Here's a rough version of how I see it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    A construct with the piloted subtype can acomodate 1 pilot's hollow sized for a creature of the same size, two sized 1 step smaller, 4 sized 2 steps smaller, etc.

    When their is more than 1 pilot's hollow, each must have a designated function. They are "navigator" and "gunner". The navigator controls the movements of the construct and use his dexterity mod. The gunner controls 1 or more weapons. He uses his BAB to attack with them and his own dexterity mod if the weapon gains an bonus from it.

    Multiple pilot can control the same thing. In this case, one is determined to be the "main" pilot and the others "helpers". The main pilot provides the stats for the construct. The helpers can make a piloting skill check (DC ??) to give a +2 bonus to the piloting skill or the stats (dex, BAB...) of the main pilot. If they miss by 5 or more however, they give a -2 penalty instead.

    Each pilot must spend actions to give them to the construct. However if this gives more actions to the construct than a normal character would have (moving and making a full attack action for exemple) the pilots must make a piloting check to coordinate their efforts or suffer penalties.


    It's still rough (and I would like a better name than gunner) but the basic idea is there.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Alright, I found the stats I made for the Baktoid Combat Automata B1-series battle droid (or simply Battle Droid, for those only familiar with the movies).


    B1-series Battle Droid
    Medium Droid (Fourth Degree)
    Hit Dice: 1d10+19 (24 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 13 (+1 natural, +2 Dex), touch 12, flat footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
    Attack: Blaster Rifle +3 ranged (2d6 damage)
    Full Attack: Blaster Rifle +3 ranged (2d6 damage), or Blaster Pistol +3 ranged (1d6 damage)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: -----
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Lowlight vision, droid traits
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Skills: Listen +4, Spot +4, Search +5
    Feats: Rapid Shot
    Environment: Any Battlefield
    Organization: Solitary, or Squad (3-8 plus one OOM-series leader)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Equipment: E-5 Blaster Rifle, SE-14 Blaster Pistol
    Manufacturer: Baktoid Combat Automata
    Level Adjustment: +3


    B1-series Battle Droid (CCC-Controlled)
    Medium Droid (Fourth Degree)
    Hit Dice: 1d10+19 (24 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Armor Class:
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
    Attack: Blaster Rifle +3 ranged (2d6 damage)
    Full Attack: Blaster Rifle +3 ranged (2d6 damage), or Blaster Pistol +3 ranged (1d6 damage)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: -----
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Lowlight vision, droid traits
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 15, Con 8, Int ---, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Skills: -----
    Feats: -----
    Environment: Any Battlefield
    Organization: Solitary, or Squad (3-8 plus one OOM-series leader)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Equipment: E-5 Blaster Rifle, SE-14 Blaster Pistol
    Manufacturer: Baktoid Combat Automata
    Level Adjustment: -----
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-11 at 11:04 PM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Yeah, I just woke up this morning and the thought popped into the swirling maelstrom of insanity that is my mind. Sorry for it being a little late.

    Anyways, after on and off research, I've come to the conclusion that droids are immune to mind affects. It seems that Lobot was immune to mind affects because of his cybernetic neurological enhancement. I assume this, by extension, means that droids as a whole are immune to them as well.
    That makes sense. If the force is all about manipulating living energy, then something not alive wouldn't be affected.


    I boldly respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergor Terraf View Post
    That would be good. But I'd also add a risk to it. Miss by less than 5 and nothing happens. Miss by more and you lose the fighting spirit bonus (despair sets in). Now we just need to find how to determine the check, the duration and htimes per encounter it can be used.

    Hmmm. Perhaps that's more a feature of the pilot, though. Perhaps I shall make a ToB class based off Kamina with an eventual focus on piloting ganmen. The pilot gets 'spirit surge' x/day.

    I know. I just wanted a way to implement the fact that after using something for a while, the basics become second nature. Sure, the more complex stuff would still need a check, but I think thatif the player can eventually move without the need to make a check, it would convey the sense that his character is realy getting the hang of piloting this thing.

    I think the vehicles would usually be different enough from one-another that it wouldn't be a general 'no longer need to make checks'. You'd be trained on that one sort of vehicle.

    Here's a rough version of how I see it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    A construct with the piloted subtype can acomodate 1 pilot's hollow sized for a creature of the same size, two sized 1 step smaller, 4 sized 2 steps smaller, etc.

    When their is more than 1 pilot's hollow, each must have a designated function. They are "navigator" and "gunner". The navigator controls the movements of the construct and use his dexterity mod. The gunner controls 1 or more weapons. He uses his BAB to attack with them and his own dexterity mod if the weapon gains an bonus from it.

    Multiple pilot can control the same thing. In this case, one is determined to be the "main" pilot and the others "helpers". The main pilot provides the stats for the construct. The helpers can make a piloting skill check (DC ??) to give a +2 bonus to the piloting skill or the stats (dex, BAB...) of the main pilot. If they miss by 5 or more however, they give a -2 penalty instead.

    Each pilot must spend actions to give them to the construct. However if this gives more actions to the construct than a normal character would have (moving and making a full attack action for exemple) the pilots must make a piloting check to coordinate their efforts or suffer penalties.


    It's still rough (and I would like a better name than gunner) but the basic idea is there.
    Well, first of all, a pilot's hollow grants it the [piloted] subtype, not the [vehicle] subtypes, so that's different.

    Second, take a look at the Warthog and AT-TE. I've already somewhat addressed the gunnery issue. If I add in a clause about having it take a standard action to take the pilot/gunner's seat, I think it should be perfectly fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Alright, I found the stats I made for the Baktoid Combat Automata B1-series battle droid (or simply Battle Droid, for those only familiar with the movies). Added a new feat, converted from KotOR, which may need some PEACHing.

    *snipsnipsnip*
    Sweet! Are those the stick-like ones, or the headless ones with the blaster in their arm?

    Also, rapid shot... >.> *cough* <.<
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Sweet! Are those the stick-like ones, or the headless ones with the blaster in their arm?

    Also, rapid shot... >.> *cough* <.<
    The B1-series refers to the weaker, skeletal version. I am working on the B2-series Super Battle Droid right now, actually.

    And.... I'll fix that right now.

    EDIT: The Baktoid Combat Automata B2-series Super Battle Droid is done. I've decided to add pictures, to minimize confusion.


    B2-series Battle Droid
    Medium Droid (Fourth Degree)
    Hit Dice:
    3d10+32 (48 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 15 (+4 natural, +1 Dex), touch 11, flat footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+4
    Attack: Wrist blaster +3 ranged (2d6 damage)
    Full Attack: Wrist blaster +5 ranged (2d6 damage), or wrist trishot +5 ranged (3d4 damage)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Wrist rocket launcher
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Lowlight vision, droid traits, fortification
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3
    Feats: Improved Toughness, Point Blank Shot
    Environment: Any Battlefield
    Organization: Solitary, or Pair
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Equipment: None
    Manufacturer: Baktoid Combat Automata
    Level Adjustment: +5

    Wrist Rocket Launcher (Ex): A B2-series battle droid has three rockets loaded into its right arm rocket launcher. These rockets are small, compact kinetic weapons that deal 1d4 piercing damage, followed by 2d4 untyped damage resulting from the explosion of laser energy. This is treated as a ranged touch attack. It takes a standard action to fire one. Reloading takes five minutes for each rocket.

    Fortification (Ex): Super battle droids have their important systems buried deeply inside their torso, an improvement compared to the earlier B1-series. This makes it extremely hard to score a critical hit against or sneak attack, as there is a 75% chance of the critical hit being nullified.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-11 at 11:06 PM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    The B1-series refers to the weaker, skeletal version. I am working on the B2-series Super Battle Droid right now, actually.

    And.... I'll fix that right now.

    EDIT: The Baktoid Combat Automata B2-series Super Battle Droid is done. I've decided to add pictures, to minimize confusion.

    *snip*
    Awesome. Only thing that occurrs to me is that fortification is usually expressed in chance for the crit to be nullified, not chance for the crit to happen.

    Also, you should look at the weapon's damage. A large-sized grenade launcher does less damage than his rockets. The wrist blaster deals more damage than the AT-ST's blasters.

    Also, the dex strikes me as low. The B1s weren't particularly more agile than the B2s.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Awesome. Only thing that occurrs to me is that fortification is usually expressed in chance for the crit to be nullified, not chance for the crit to happen.

    Also, you should look at the weapon's damage. A large-sized grenade launcher does less damage than his rockets. The wrist blaster deals more damage than the AT-ST's blasters.

    Also, the dex strikes me as low. The B1s weren't particularly more agile than the B2s.
    Changes shall be made. How about 1d6 for the blaster pistol, and 2d6 for the blaster rifle? I'm thinking maybe 3d4 for the trishot, then?

    I'll increase the B2-series' Dex to the B1-series'.

    I'll change 25% chance to 75% chance, a switch the wording, then.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Changes shall be made. How about 1d6 for the blaster pistol, and 2d6 for the blaster rifle? I'm thinking maybe 3d4 for the trishot, then?

    I'll increase the B2-series' Dex to the B1-series'.

    I'll change 25% chance to 75% chance, a switch the wording, then.
    You'll have to include an entry for the blasters, by the way. At least for the installed blasters on B2, and probably the trishot (On that note, maybe the trishot could be 3d6, but it has a cooldown of some sort?). I might end up making a section with rules for guns of all sorts. Pistols, rifles, heavy weapons, blasters, energy weapons, maybe a couple designs cribbed from games and the like.

    Well, maybe not that far. They ARE much bulkier. Perhaps 13?

    Alright, then.

    At this point, I think LA +5 is completely uneccesary. They get a couple stat bonuses, but they've got 3 RHD, which in my book would be more than enough to pay that off.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Serpent's Throne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    (Coming soon)
    ...

    What the **** does that mean?! What, that you haven't done -enough-? Damn it, Squish, there's only so much this board can take!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    ...

    What the **** does that mean?! What, that you haven't done -enough-? Damn it, Squish, there's only so much this board can take!
    It means soon. Yes, soon... soon... Muahahahaha...

    Also: NEVER! NEVER ENOUGH! I WILL STOP WHEN I'M DEAD! *twitch*
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    You'll have to include an entry for the blasters, by the way. At least for the installed blasters on B2, and probably the trishot (On that note, maybe the trishot could be 3d6, but it has a cooldown of some sort?). I might end up making a section with rules for guns of all sorts. Pistols, rifles, heavy weapons, blasters, energy weapons, maybe a couple designs cribbed from games and the like.

    Well, maybe not that far. They ARE much bulkier. Perhaps 13?

    Alright, then.

    At this point, I think LA +5 is completely uneccesary. They get a couple stat bonuses, but they've got 3 RHD, which in my book would be more than enough to pay that off.
    Savage Species fails me again, then. It says just having the Construct type is worth +2 LA, and since droid has more advantages I upped it to LA +3 (not including the other bonuses). What would you suggest?

    Also, speaking of LA, I think I might need to add in some mechanical rules for playing droids.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Savage Species fails me again, then. It says just having the Construct type is worth +2 LA, and since droid has more advantages I upped it to LA +3 (not including the other bonuses). What would you suggest?

    Also, speaking of LA, I think I might need to add in some mechanical rules for playing droids.
    Well, actually, you took away a lot of the advantages of playing a construct. Overall, I'd say droid as a creature type is less powerful than living construct, and warforged are LA 0.

    Look at it:
    {table=head]Factor|Construct|Living Construct|Droid
    Critical Hits|Immune|Vulnerable|Vulnerable
    Mind-Affecting|Immune|Vulnerable|Immune
    Healing|Repair Only|Repair or Healing|Repair Only
    Raised/Ressurected|No|Yes|No
    Sleep|No|No|4 hours
    Consumable Items|No|Yes|No
    Fortitude Saves|Immune|Vulnerable|Immune
    [/table]

    There are some pluses and minuses, but overall, I think droids take a big hit as PCs in terms of healing and raising.

    But yeah, it would be nice to see some rules for PCs. Not sure what would be different than any other monster race, though.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2011-01-12 at 06:00 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    But yeah, it would be nice to see some rules for PCs. Not sure what would be different than any other monster race, though.
    Good point, alright. What LA would you suggest?

    As for rules for droid PCs, It just seems odd to me that physically, droids of the same model would have different ability scores. Golems and constructs are hand made, and each has that bit of uniqueness, but droids are being churned out in mass numbers in factories.

    I just thing there needs to be a mechanical thing (what sort of thing, I don't yet), or a fluff reason.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-12 at 06:07 PM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Good point, alright. What LA would you suggest?

    As for rules for droid PCs, It just seems odd to me that physically, droids of the same model would have different ability scores. Golems and constructs are hand made, and each has that bit of uniqueness, but droids are being churned out in mass numbers in factories.

    I just thing there needs to be a mechanical thing (what sort of thing, I don't yet), or a fluff reason.
    Hmm. Well, in this star wars game I played in, you could choose to be factory-standard, generate your own mental scores and keep the standard physical ones, generate your physical scores and keep the standard mental ones, or be fully customized. The PCs got to choose which and got certain benefits based on their choices. I ended up going with standard physical and generated mental. My character was a generator droid engineer with a custom brain, able to power his own creations.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Hmm. Well, in this star wars game I played in, you could choose to be factory-standard, generate your own mental scores and keep the standard physical ones, generate your physical scores and keep the standard mental ones, or be fully customized. The PCs got to choose which and got certain benefits based on their choices. I ended up going with standard physical and generated mental. My character was a generator droid engineer with a custom brain, able to power his own creations.
    That's pretty cool. I'll have to do something along those lines.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Silverscale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Greensboro NC, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Yeah don't forget that even though C-3PO looks like other protocol droids (except of course he's gold not silver) he is anything but factory standard given the fact that he was put together from parts by Anakin and is therefore pretty much completely custom.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

    Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

    Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Anyways, hunting through youtube for videos of the district 9 mech's abilties. So far, I see a mid-range electro-death-shot-thing, a long-range slugthrower of some sort, the ability to stop, then reflect projectiles, the ability to pick up and throw any (medium or smaller?) object, a nasty slam attack (Maybe awesome blow or a knockback effect?), some missiles, a lightning cannon... this thing is tricked OUT.

    Also, I was thinking of brewing up a 'base' droid for each category, then maybe expanding the list a bit later. Of course, we can't go without astromech and protocol droids, either. I think I might steal a couple ideas for droid designs off a star wars D20 book I've got stashed away.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LOTRfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    I own a copy of The New Essential Guide to Droids. That has roughly 100 droid types, along with many unique droid characters. That, combined with your d20 books, opens up a large amount of opportunities.

    Yes, the District 9 mech is tricked out. I'm sure it will be cool.

    A base unit for each subtype would make sense. Maybe as a starting point for future droid types and custom, player-made droids (like C-3PO).
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

    Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

    Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

    Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    I own a copy of The New Essential Guide to Droids. That has roughly 100 droid types, along with many unique droid characters. That, combined with your d20 books, opens up a large amount of opportunities.

    Yes, the District 9 mech is tricked out. I'm sure it will be cool.

    A base unit for each subtype would make sense. Maybe as a starting point for future droid types and custom, player-made droids (like C-3PO).
    The D-9 Battlesuit is posted! I fluffed it as a relic the Illithid brought to the world from their home planet, instending to use it as a force multiplier. One soldier becomes the equivalent of several dozen. Seriously, this thing will just wreck your day in new and interesting ways.

    Anyways, I was wondering if someone could go over the rules I've created and, now that we have some examples and a bigger picture to look at, tell me how I'm doing in general.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On my back, in my heart
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tome of Iron MK II [3.5 Construct Resource]

    Added Guardian Thorns, a swarm homunculus that fits the spikey soldier thing you mentioned before. Not sure what I should charge for it, though... Anyways, I like the idea. Basically a bajillion tiny caltrop-constructs.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

    Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

    Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •