Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes VI

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Apologies. A lot of things have been distracting me, and now my computer is the only functioning one in the household. I'll get a photo ASAP.
    No worries. Was just wondering. I know you had made noises about maybe abandoning it, but wasn't sure.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Picture has been added.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Things to critique:
    Skeroloth
    Lodestone Marauder
    Marrash
    & Medusa.
    I'll get right on that... likely late tomorrow, or saturday.
    Locathah: I believe I've said about 2 or 3 times already, "Yeah, it's done, just put it on the list it's a friggin' one level class."
    Anyways, I'm in something of a rut design wise, so I'll make the next less-than-CR 10 monster someone asks me to just to get back into the swing of things. I wonder how many people are even going to read this post, as well. Their loss, I suppose.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gorgon, would you feel like taking up Illurien?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Gorgon, would you feel like taking up Illurien?
    Is Illurien a CR 10 or less monster?
    No, I would not. Maybe if it's just sitting there and not doing anything I'll take it up eventually, but the idea is that I want to tackle something smaller.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Is Illurien a CR 10 or less monster?
    No, I would not. Maybe if it's just sitting there and not doing anything I'll take it up eventually, but the idea is that I want to tackle something smaller.
    Is there a specific kind of monster you want to create if possible or just anything?

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a specific kind of monster you want to create if possible or just anything?
    No. Just anything. Something that'll make somebody happy. Something I can sink my teeth into.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Monstrous Spider.

Ready? Go.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Monstrous Spider.

Ready? Go.
    Doesn't count.
    Also, I'd have to make a progression up to colossal which is a CR 11 monster.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-02-18 at 12:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Saguaro sentinel from Sandstorm? It's CR 9.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Saguaro sentinel from Sandstorm? It's CR 9.
    Can do.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Formian Warrior? =3

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I heavily overhauled the mezzo a bit back, and the abilities need more looking through again.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phase Wasp

Spoiler
    Show

Hit Die: d6
    {table=head] Level |
    BAB
    |
    Fort
    |
    Ref
    |
    Will
    | Special
    1st |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Phase Wasp Body, Killer Bee, Dex +1
    2nd |
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    | Phase Powers, Buzz Song, Dex +1 [/table]
    Skill Points: (4 + Int modifier) per level, x4 at first level.
    Class Skills: The Phase Wasp’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Hide (Dex), Listen (Wis), Knowledge (architecture and engineering, geography, nature) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Proficiencies: The Phase Wasp is proficient only with its sting.

Attribute Bonus: The Phase Wasp gains +1 Dex at each level, for a total of +2 Dex at 2nd level.

Phase Wasp Body: At first level, the Phase Wasp (hereafter simply the Wasp) loses all other racial bonuses and becomes a Magical Beast. It gains Magical Beast traits, granting it Low-Light Vision and 60' Darkvision. Wasps are initially Tiny sized creatures with a base land speed of 10' and the ability to hover within 5' of the ground at a speed of 30'. At 5HD, the Wasp gains a fly speed of 60' (perfect maneuverability). While hovering or flying, a Wasp's wings vibrate loudly, imposing a -4 penalty to Hide and Move Silently checks. Wasps lack the ability to perform fine manipulation (including wielding weapons), but possess a Sting as a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 + Str modifier piercing damage and Natural Armor equal to 1 + 1/2 their Con modifier. A Wasp has Common and Buzz as starting languages, with additional languages for a high Int score as normal. However, due to the construction of their mouthparts, Wasps can only speak certain insectile languages such as Thri-Kreen and Buzz. They may understand and read other languages, but not speak them. Those who spend at least a week in the Wasp's company can learn to understand its body language and chirps enough that the they can understand simple expressions such as 'danger', 'follow', 'gratitude' and so on. (It is also not uncommon for a Phase Wasp's companions to learn Buzz to facilitate more complex communication.)

Killer Bee(Ex): A Phase Wasp is an angry little sucker. A Wasp does not provoke attacks of opportunity for entering an opponent's space, and may end its movement in a space occupied by another creature (unless this would be impossible, as in the case of a Gelatinous Cube). Creatures leaving a space shared with a Wasp provoke an attack of opportunity.
    At 3HD a Wasp can choose to use an immediate action to move with a creature that it is sharing a space with, up to a maximum of 5' per 2 HD. At 9HD it can move the full distance the creature it is sharing a space with moves.

Phase Powers(Sp): At level 2, a Phase Wasp can cast magic missile once every 1d4 rounds. This is exactly like the spell, except that the number of missiles is not capped. At 4, 8, and 12 HD, the time the phase wasp must wait between uses decreases by one round, to a minimum of one round at 12HD.

At 3HD, a Phase Wasp gains the benefits of a constant see invisibility spell. It may see ethereal creatures and objects as if they were merely invisible. At 16HD, this ability improves, granting the Phase Wasp the benefits of a constant true seeing spell.

Buzz Song: Once per day per 2 HD, the Wasp may produce a buzzing drone that increases the productivity of its allies. All friendly creatures that can hear the Buzz Song gain a +1 morale bonus on skill checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws. These bonuses stack with those provided by bardic music. Starting or maintaining a Buzz Song requires a standard action. The Wasp can maintain a Buzz Song as long as she spends this action every round. If the Wasp possesses the Bardic Music ability, Wasp levels stack with Bard levels to determine uses per day of Bardic Music abilities, the effectiveness of those abilities, and access to new Bardic Music abilities. A Wasp may begin or maintain a Buzz Song and Bardic Music with the same action.

At 8HD, the morale bonus from Buzz Song improves to +2, and maintaining the Buzz Song only requires a move action.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added speach/fine manipulation (mostly by copying from Hyudra's basilisk, never did a non communicator before)
    2/24: Added Killer Bee, made Phase Power useable more often, and added Buzz Song with Bard synergy
    3/1: Grammar fixes, added Hide/Move Silently penalties, reduced Killer Bee movement until 9HD, reduced NA, HD, and gave SR
    3/7: Proofread by Psyborg. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting corrected. In addition, the following non-trivial changes were made:
    • Attribute Bonus was missing entirely, and was added.
    • Phase Powers: "...the number of missiles are not limited by Caster Level." changed to "the number of missiles is not capped.", which seemed to be the intended meaning. (The other possibility is that the number of missiles is not dependent on Caster Level, in which case the number of missiles would need to be specified.)
    • Phase Powers: The reduction in the delay time for Magic Missile was rewritten for clarity, and a minimum one-round delay was added to line up with perceived intent.
    • Significant portions of Buzz Song were rewritten for clarity. Since the perceived intent was to stack fully where Bardic Music was concerned, Phase Wasp levels now stack with Bard levels for determining the effectiveness of BM abilities, as well as access to new BM abilities and BM uses per day.
    Last edited by The Winter King; 2011-03-07 at 09:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I found that Volt accidentally necroed an old thread about this instead of posting here when he made the Violet Fungus.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet Fungus

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0| +2|+0 |+0| Violet Fungus body, Breakdown, Poison, Con+1
    2| +1| +3|+0 |+0| Fungal Diversity, Plant Communication
    3| +2| +3|+1 |+1| Fungal Diversity, Dire Tentacles, Improved Breakdown, Con+1[/TABLE]
    Skills: 2+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Hide, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Spot, Survival

Proficiencies: The Violet Fungus is proficient with their own natural weapons, but not with manufactured weapons or any armour

Features:
    Violet Fungus body: At first level, the Violet Fungus loses all other racial bonuses, and gains plant traits (primarily low-light vision), a base speed of 20 feet and a natural armor bonus equal to his own Con modifier. It is Medium sized, and has 2 tentacle attacks, each dealing 1d6 base damage. It gains another tentacle for every 3HD it has. It lacks fine manipulation, and although it does not speak, those who spend at least a week in the fungus' company can learn to understand its body language enough that the player can understand simple expressions such as 'danger', 'hate', 'gratitude' and so on.

Ability score increase: The Violet Fungus gains +1 Con at first and third level.

Poison (Ex): The Violet Fungus' tentacles inflict poison, dealing initial and secondary damage as shown in the following table. The Fortitude save against the poison is 10+1/2HD+Con mod.

{table=head]HD|Initial Damage (Str)|Secondary Damage (Str)|Initial Damage (Con)|Secondary Damage (Con)
    1|1d3|1d4|-|-
    3|1d4|1d4|-|-
    6|1d4|1d6|1d3|1d4
    9|1d6|1d6|1d4|1d4
    12|1d6|1d8|1d4|1d6
    15|1d8|1d8|1d6|1d6
    18|1d8|2d6|1d6|1d8[/table]

Breakdown (Ex): The Violet Fungus does not eat as most creatures do. Instead, it breaks down organic matter. This form of consumption means that the Violet Fungus doesn't need to breathe, and has a bonus to saves against poison equal to 1+1/4HD. To avoid starvation/thirst (the Fungus only takes 1d6 nonlethal damage for every time it fails its save), the Violet Fungus must break down two pounds of organic matter (plant matter counts as half). This takes ten minutes per pound of matter broken down.

Fungal Diversity (Ex): Fungi are diverse, and Violet Fungi are no exception. At second and third level, as well as every 5HD, the Violet Fungus can choose an option from the following list.

Spoiler
    Show
    • Capturing Tentacles: The Violet Fungus' tentacles are more adept at grappling, giving the Fungus the Improved Grab quality. Creatures grappled by the Fungus are more quickly exposed to the its poison, meaning they have to save against the poison (as if they had been struck by one of the Violet Fungus' tentacles) every two rounds.
    • Consuming Tentacles (requires Capturing Tentacles): When the Violet Fungus grapples a creature, its poison deals an extra 1 Constitution damage. If the victim is immune to poison, it still has to make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con mod) to avoid taking the Constitution damage. This counts as half a pound of matter for the Fungus' Breakdown ability, and heals the Fungus by an amount equal to the victim's HD. If the Fungus has Improved Breakdown, the bonuses last for a number of rounds equal to 1/3 the Fungus' HD.
    • Hooked Tentacles (requires Capturing Tentacles): The Violet Fungus gains the Constrict ability, allowing it to deal damage equal to the damage its tentacles deal with a successful grapple check.
    • Poison Spores: Once a day, the Violet Fungus can release a cloud of spores out to 5ft for every HD it has, forcing all within the area to make a save against its poison as if it had been hit by the Fungus' tentacle. The cloud linger for a number of rounds equal to half the Violet Fungus' HD. The Fungus gains another use for every 5HD it possesses. Creatures can be rendered immune to this effect by consuming small amounts of the Violet Fungus' poison regularly. The doses are small enough to have no effect other than fatiguing the consumer, and after a week of this, the consumer is immune to the cloud.
    • Poison Quickening: Once a day, the Violet Fungus can make the poison it delivers work faster, meaning the victim makes the save against the secondary effects on the next round. The Fungus gains another use for every 5HD it possesses.
    • Rapid Poison (requires Poison Quickening): The period until Violet Fungus' poison makes the victim save against secondary damage reduces by a number of rounds equal to the Fungus' HD divided by 3.
    • Repeat Poison (requires Poison Quickening): A minute after the Violet Fungus' poison inflicts its secondary damage, the victim has to save again or take the secondary damage again.
    • Resilient Fungus: The Violet Fungus gains +1 hp for every HD it has, Endurance as a bonus feat, and needs half as much matter to survive. Additionally, the Violet Fungus' bonus to saves against poison doubles and applies to disease, gaining immunity to poison and disease at 10HD.
    • Tough Fungus (requires Resilient Fungus): The Violet Fungus gains a +1 bonus to natural armour, increasing by +1 for every 4HD it possesses, as well as DR/slashing equal to half its HD.
    • Fatiguing Poison (requires 3HD): The Violet Fungus' poison now also fatigues the target. Multiple poisonings do not advance this further.
    • Knockout Poison: (requires Fatiguing Poison): If a creature fails its save against the secondary damage of Violet Fungus' poison, it falls asleep for a number of hours equal half the Fungus' HD.
    • Paralytic Poison (requires Fatiguing Poison): If a creature fails its save against the primary damage of the Violet Fungus' poison, it becomes paralyzed for a number of rounds equal half the Fungus' HD.

Plant Communication (Ex): At second level, the Violet Fungus can communicate with other creatures of the Plant type within 10ft per HD as if it had telepathy, through chemicals produced by the plants. The Violet Fungus also has a form of Wild Empathy, working only on plants that it can use this ability to communicate with, using the Violet Fungus' HD and its Con modifier.

Dire Tentacles (Ex): At third level, the damage die of Violet Fungus' tentacles increases by one step. Additionally, the tentacles' reach increases by 5ft. At 10HD and 20HD, the damage increases by another step, and the reach increases by 5ft.

Improved Consumption (Ex): At third level, the Violet Fungus can break down non-organic material for consumption. However, non-organic matter counts for half the amount consumed. It also gets greater sustenance from living flesh, gaining an enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution equal to half the Violet Fungus' HD, lasting for a number of minutes ten times the amount consumed in pounds (multiple 'meals' add to this duration, although the bonuses do not stack).

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, for this class I decided to focus on the tentacles, making them scale, as does the poison they deliver, to compensate for the lack of hands. I used the Purple Worm's communication idea. I made it so they break down organic matter as a way of eating, as it says in the fluff, and also gave them a way of communicating with other plants, based on the way they work with Shriekers.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    24/02/11: Changed the poison to scale better with HD, moved it to first level, added Fungal Diversity, changed Organic Breakdown and Non-organic Breakdown to Breakdown and Improved Breakdown, upped tentacle damage
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2011-03-03 at 04:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527

Welcome back, Volt.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phase Wasp doesn't specify fine manipulation or speech. Otherwise, looks good to me.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now it does. And I added a feat that might be useful to it and others like it

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Rast

Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+0|+0|+2|+0|Rast Body, Claws, Claws Everywhere!
    2|+1|+0|+3|+0|Deflect Arrows, Latch On
    3|+2|+1|+3|+1|Pyrology, +1 Str
    4|+3|+1|+4|+1|Paralyzing Gaze, +1 Cha
    5|+3|+1|+4|+1|Blood Drain, Burning Nature, +1 Str[/table]
    Class Skills 4+Int Mod (x4 at 1st level): Balance, Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot

Proficiencies: Rasts are proficient with their natural weapons only.

Class Features:

Rast Body (Ex): At first level the Rast loses all racial traits & features, and gains Outsider Features. It is Native to the Elemental Plane of Fire and receives the Extraplanar Subtype when elsewhere. It also has the Fire Subtype. Unlike most Outsiders, it may be resurrected as normal as long as the effect is utilised on a Fire aligned Plane.

It receives a Natural armour bonus equal to its Con Modifier and is Medium size.
    Though it has between 10 & 15 claws, most are used in it's unusual flight style to keep itself balanced whilst in midair, amongst other things. As such at 1HD it has only a single primary claw attack that deals 1d4+1/2 Str mod & a secondary bite that deals 1d8+Str Mod. Every 6HD it gains better control and can use another Primary claw attack.

It has a land speed of 20ft/round. It may "swim" through the air, effectively giving it a fly speed of 5ft/round for each HD it has, but until 5HD it must always end it's turn on a solid surface or take appropriate falling damage. At 5HD it may fly indefinitely at Average manoeuvrability, becoming Good at 10HD.

The Rast gains stat boosts as shown on the table above.

Claws, Claws Everywhere! (Ex): The Rast's claws are razor sharp. And there are a lot of them. This fact grants the Rast a bonus on Intimidate checks equal to 1/2 their HD (minimum 1).

In addition they may make an Intimidate check as a move action; if this check beats the target's Sense Motive check they may utilise a rapid slashing of their many claws to keep an opponent within 5ft/HD of them off guard and treat that target as flat-footed & flanked by the Rast until the end of the Rast's next turn.

The rast may only affect 1 target at a time. If a target beats the Rast's check or sees the Rast take damage whilst using this technique they are immune to further uses until 24 hours have passed.

Deflect Arrows (Ex): The Rast's many claws mean it can create a web of limbs to repel incoming projectiles. It gains the Deflect Arrows Feat, even if it does not meet the pre-requisites. It may deflect 1 arrow/round for each primary claw attack it has access to.

Latch On (Ex): The Rast is essentially a giant, magical tick. From 2nd level if the Rast successfully damages a target with it's claw attack it may automatically make a grapple check against it's target at the end of it's attacks, gaining a +2 bonus for every additional natural attack that hits in the same turn. If the grapple check is successful the Rast digs it's claws into it's foe.

As long as it remains latched the Rast makes it very difficult for the target to do anything; it's land speed is reduced by half and it cannot burrow, fly or swim. It suffers a 5%/Rast's HD chance to fumble any action it tries to take (even purely mental ones), though resources/uses of abilities are not wasted if they do fumble.

The target may make a new grapple check (the Rast retains it's aforementioned bonuses) as a move action each round to break free.

Pyrology (Su): Rasts originate from the Plane of Fire, and flame flows through them like blood flows through a Human. They may unleash a blast as a standard action that deals 1d6/2HD fire damage. Each time they use this ability they may choose the way the fire manifests:
    • A 10ft/HD ranged touch attack.
    • a 5ft/HD radius burst (that affects allies as well as enemies)

In addition magical fire damage (except that created by themselves) heals them rather than being negated as normal for creatures with the Fire Subtype. None magical fire heals 1HP/round up to half the Rast's maximum HP.

Paralyzing Gaze (Su): At 3rd level, as an attack action the Rast can make a Gaze attack at any creature with 30ft of itself. An affected target must make a Fort Save (DC 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod) or be afflicted by the appropriate effect based on the Rast's HD:

{table]Rast's HD|Effect
    3-10|Shaken for 1d6 rounds
    11-17|Paralyzed for 1d6 rounds
    18+|Stunned for 1d3 rounds[/table]

If the Rast has iterative attacks it may use this ability multiple times/round. After using it's Paralyzing Gaze the Rast is unable to use it again for 1d6 rounds. At 11HD the wait time is reduced to 1d4 rounds & at 20HD it may use it every round.

Blood Drain (Ex): Every round after the first that the Rast is Latched On to a target it suffers 1 point of Constitution damage (Fort DC 10+1/2HD+Cha Mod to negate). If the target has no Con score the damage is to it's Dex instead.

Targets that suffer at least one point of stat damage from this ability are fatigued for 1d4 rounds after the Rast releases it's grip.

Burning Nature (Su): 1/day for each HD it has, the Rast may cause its Pyrology fire blasts to ignore 15 points of fire resistance & creatures with Fire Immunity may suffer up to 15 damage or the damage rolled, whichever is lower.

Further, 1/day for every 6HD it has, as a full round action the Rast may transport itself to the Plane of Fire, and back again with another full round action. The Plane of Fire's inherent environment is considered none magical fire for the purposes of the Rast's Pyrology healing.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Rast, a sort of floating, firey tick.

It's a bit boring, but I wasn't really sure what to do with it (I'm open to suggestions). It felt like the right way to continue my sort of niche of weird stuff no one asked for or will ever play.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-02-19 at 11:22 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

21. - Top - End - #531

As spelling errors take an inordinate amount of time to point out compared to what they take to fix, I'm going to tell you guys, especially in light of this batch of new monsters, to please spell check. If I go to critique and find two or more spelling errors, I'm going to stop right there and tell you to spellcheck, and get back to it the next time I do a batch critique - a week or two later.

Some spelling errors are forgivable, in light that not everyone has a high school education and/or they speak English as a second language - so making a mistake like getting two very similar words mixed up isn't going to count against you. Other errors, like your standard spellcheckers not knowing that Rast is a word, are also allowable, obviously.

That said, I do expect you guys to make a good faith attempt to self-critique your own work before asking others (me) to look it over for you. There are addons and/or options for any self respecting web browser (Firefox, Chrome) that will automatically spellcheck any text entry forms in the internet window (I use this. Gives me squiggly red lines under any misspelled words). Failing that, you can copy-paste your work into a word document and spell check there.

Thank you. This message brought to you by "Paralysing Gaze".
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2011-02-18 at 04:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post

Thank you. This message brought to you by "Paralysing Gaze".
    That's right according to my spell-checking in Chrome. I would check in Word but my computer has decided I don't deserve the right to access it at the moment. Consider it changed. Oh my God, its finally fixed! And it says both are right. Personally I prefer the "s" version rather than "z", but if you say so.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    [b]...

Quasi-God
    • No changelog? I weep!

Yeah, forgot it, and there didn't seem much point after I'd already made a dozen edits.
    • "1/day for every 2HD the Quasi-God may heal or repair (for constructs) a creature (including yourself) by the 1d6/3HD." -> By the 1d6?

"By 1d6". I have no idea where that came from.
    • "successfully affected automatically" -> redundant. If they're affected, it's a given that it's successful.

Removed.
    • Weakening aura seems way too strong, considering the size and the breadth of the debuff you're applying, and the fact that it's unavoidable.

You get a Fort Save for half, I figured that since it's the bulk of your ability making it negate was a bit weak. Though I may be horribly wrong there.

Updated barring Aura, waiting to find out if I am indeed horribly wrong about it.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-02-18 at 05:02 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

Paralyse can be spelt with both an 's' or 'z', like 'colour' or 'color'.

24. - Top - End - #534

Pah. European spellings. That slippery slope leads to madness: honour and lifts and lorries and mayonnaise on chips.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

And spelling Armor Class as 'Armour Class', and Color Spray as 'Colour Spray'! Damn you, Mongoose Publishing! You did this to me!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    And spelling Armor Class as 'Armour Class', and Color Spray as 'Colour Spray'! Damn you, Mongoose Publishing! You did this to me!
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN.
    ALTHOUGH NOT THE LINGUISTIC.

Anyway, yes. Spelling is important. It looks neater and it stops the really easily annoyed people from getting annoyed.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Paralyze should be spelled with a Z. The Z is cool.

28. - Top - End - #538

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN.
    ALTHOUGH NOT THE LINGUISTIC.

Anyway, yes. Spelling is important. It looks neater and it stops the really easily annoyed people from getting annoyed.
    Easily annoyed people? Naw, nobody like that here.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay then. Apparently Illurien has been abandoned. I shall now go cry in a corner.

(In unrelated news, has anyone gone through the backs of the Completes? I know that CWar had a few monsters that were semi-interesting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

30. - Top - End - #540

Just do the Illurien yourself, if you want it that badly.