New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Urban Soul

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Urban Soul

Thoughts? Is this a good PrC and what base classes go along quite well with it. I picture this being a sort of "batman" or "Moon-Knight" type character. But I cannot decide if this class is cool for anything more than flavor. If anyone feels the need to put my thoughts on the matter to rest that would be awesome ;)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what you get for being a hero? Nothing. You get shot at. A little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Kids don't wanna talk to you. Get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Urban Soul

PrC Tier System (see sig) lists it as Up One, but I didn't do the rating for that particular PrC. You'll have to scour the relevant threads if you want to find the logic there. Still, that's a solid endorsement; it should be quite competent within its area of focus.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a mediocre PrC - I guess if your campaign takes place nearly entirely within a metropolis (Menzoberranzean for drow campaigns comes to mind, or Sigil or Ptolus games), then it's a decent enough option for the party's skills-based character (rogue, factotum, maybe urban druid from Dragon magazine, or urban ranger).

Like the thief-acrobat, it trades damage for survivability and mobility options, which is usually not a great trade. The 10th level substitution option is very nice though - you get a lot of benefits for your single city in that 1 level.
    Handbooks: (Hosted on the new MixMax forums)
    [3.5] The Poison Handbook
    [3.5] (New) Master of Shrouds Handbook
    [3.5 Base Class] Healer's Handbook

Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Strategos and Jumilk for the awesome Iron Chef trophies!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    PrC Tier System (see sig) lists it as Up One, but I didn't do the rating for that particular PrC. You'll have to scour the relevant threads if you want to find the logic there. Still, that's a solid endorsement; it should be quite competent within its area of focus.
    That is a very interesting list. Does anyone have any links to these relevant threads or any pro tips of thier own. I have tried searching for things on the urban soul PrC and have not found anything really relevant that I wish to know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what you get for being a hero? Nothing. You get shot at. A little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Kids don't wanna talk to you. Get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by G3N3R3L GHOST View Post
    That is a very interesting list. Does anyone have any links to these relevant threads or any pro tips of thier own. I have tried searching for things on the urban soul PrC and have not found anything really relevant that I wish to know.
    The threads are here, here, and here. There may not be any real analysis in any of those threads; we usually only got discussion when the rating was awkward or when someone challenged it. And I don't remember that one being discussed at any length. I'm AFB though, or I'd have a look myself.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Yeah I can't really find an in depth analysis in those. I know its awesome for flavor. I was thinking maybe doing some sort of urban ranger/scout with swift hunter. But I was wondering maybe if anyone else has played one etc etc. Might as well hear the stories of the collective masses of like minded folks haha
    Spoiler
    Show