Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Tiefling Soulknife Optimization [3.P]

Quick review: one of players had a tiefling soulknife about a year ago, then he sold his soul (to get the Shadow Blade feat and suck less) and was killed. The player now runs a Scarlet Corsair but recently I showed him the beta Soulknife (I want to get a printed version of Psionics Unleashed, so I won't be buying the pdf) and he wants to play a tiefling soulknife again (his original characters' sister).

So: beta soulknife, tiefling, 12 character levels to work with, all 3.5 material is OK (including Dragon Magazine 341 Soulknife feats), standard WBL.
    My first advice to him was to take advantage of the 4 levels of mindblade advancement he can get via feats and grab some means of free movement. Travel Devotion + turn got him pretty worked up, so he recently stands on a) getting turn undead or b) getting UMD and a wand of bone talisman.

Party composition is aasimar Paladin/Swordsage/Shiba Protector, human Artificer/Samurai/Sohei, human Lurk/Chameleon, elf Warlock/(refluffed)Cyran Avenger and a half-giant Psychic Warrior/Elocator who loves missing sessions. They are all around levels 12~14.

Any thoughts on how this could work better? Goal is a soulknife TWF skirmisher.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tiefling Soulknife Optimization [3.P]

After taking a look at the feats in DR341, it seems that they're sort of rendered obsolete by the PF Soulknife's blade skills.

Obviously, straight Soulknife is now more attractive. The Furious Charge, On the Run, and Speed of Thought blade skills look good for a skirmisher.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AslanCross View Post
    After taking a look at the feats in DR341, it seems that they're sort of rendered obsolete by the PF Soulknife's blade skills.
    They get a Practiced Manifester of sorts, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, that's true. Some things off the top of my head:
    -Swordsage adds skirmishy goodness and skills.
    -Psychic Warrior adds powers like burst not to mention the warrior's paths that PF introduces.
    -PrCing into War Mind could work great.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay