New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] Gods with Knowledge AND Planning

I've been browsing through my books for a while now, and the only god I can find with both of these is Gond from PGtF. Anyone know of any others?

edit: just for clarity, I'm talking about the domains.
    Last edited by tuesdayscoming; 2011-01-12 at 11:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: [3.5] Gods with Knowledge AND Planning

Siamophe: Page 106 of Faiths and Pantheons. God of Nobles and rightful rule of Nobles.
    Chronepsis: Page 33 of the Dragonomicon. Dragon god of Fate, Death and Judgement.

Think that's about it
    My life is one massive running in-joke. It involves lightsaber duels on rooftops, stilts, and setting oneself up for disappointment for the sole purpose of destroying shirts.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Siamophe from Faiths and Pantheons has the Knowledge, Law, Nobility,
    Planning, and Pride domains. Will that fit?

Chronepsis from the Draconomicon has the Death, Dragon, Fate, Knowledge, Planning, and Time domains, but I'm not sure if he's really a Forgotten Realms god or not.

**Dammit Swordsage'd!**
    ~

As far as domains are concerned, I would take a look at the deities portfolios which describe what the gods actually spend their time being deities of and then take that information to a DM to argue for domains that aren't on their short WoTC list. I think that it's important for deities to be restricted to their portfolios (since that's what they end up fighting over), but not their domains if the domains match their portfolio.

For example, the goddess Istus has the portfolios of "Fate, Destiny, Divination, and Future". These are all closely related to Planning and it could be argued that Istus should have the Planning domain.

The same applies to Lendor, the god of "Time, Patience, and Study". If he's the “Prince of Time” and “Master of Tedium”, then it's no stretch to postulate that he would be intimiately connected to the Planning domain.

~
    The Crystalkeep d20 index is a great source for info on Deities. However, I just realized that Crystalkeep took all their pdfs down. You can still find them at this mirror site however.

~

Also, what's wrong with Gond? Gond is awesome.
    Last edited by HunterOfJello; 2011-01-12 at 11:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

A potentially useful workaround is the Cloistered Cleric variant from Unearthed Arcana. All you need then is for the god to offer Planning and you get Knolwedge, Planning, and your choice of a third domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

You could be a no-god cleric and revere Preparation and get those domains if neither of those gods appeals to you. At least Knowledge and Planning make some thematic sense together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks so much for the replies, guys!

Coidzor, I'm actually already taking Cloistered Cleric, but need the domain a second time to swap it out for Knowledge Devotion.

Unfortunately, neither Siamophe nor Chronepsis fit the character concept very well. Gond is still a bit more appropriate, I think. The char is a roguish type diviner cleric, Rogue 1 Cloistered Cleric 5 Shadowbane Stalker 3, who runs around collecting whatever impressive bits of technology and objets d'arcana.

Also, the god need not necessarily be from Forgotten Realms. My DM is extraordinarily lenient on these things, and honestly probably wouldn't care who I'm worshiping. For my own peace of mind, though, I'd still like to find an appropriate deity.
    Last edited by tuesdayscoming; 2011-01-13 at 02:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Just checked the list of Living Greyhawk deities...no luck...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdayscoming View Post
    Coidzor, I'm actually already taking Cloistered Cleric, but need the domain a second time to swap it out for Knowledge Devotion.
    Knowledge isn't the only domain you can swap for Knowledge Devotion. Inquisition and Mind also work, and the former you can grab by one-level dip into Church Inquisitor if you're LG or LN (with LG deity).
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    Knowledge isn't the only domain you can swap for Knowledge Devotion. Inquisition and Mind also work, and the former you can grab by one-level dip into Church Inquisitor if you're LG or LN (with LG deity).
    I think the Oracle Domain would also work, which along with effectively evasion in any armor at level 2 could make Divine Oracle(complete divine) another potential dip.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-01-13 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide