New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [3.5] Need feat suggestions for Binder/DN/Anima Mage concept.

Hey Playgrounders,

I'm needing advice for a Binder/Dread Necromancer/Anima Mage for an upcoming campaign. This is what I have so far.

Neutral Human
    Binder1/DN4/Anima Mage10/DN5

1: Improved Binding, Fell Animate(B)
    3: Practiced Spellcaster
    6: Corpsecrafter
    9: Destructive Retribution

The general idea was to use the Anima Mage for Fell Animate shenanigans. I figured that since I would be able to bind Acerak and Tenebrous eventually, Tomb-Tainted Soul would just be a waste of a feat. Other than that, I'm undecided for my last feat choices.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
    Credit goes to spectralphoenix for the sweet Ryu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [3.5] Need feat suggestions for Binder/DN/Anima Mage concept.

Daunting Presence is a decent option if you want to stack Fear effects. Similarly, Fell Frighten will help debuff and generally keep opponents from threatening you. If you have access, Imperious Command completes the trifecta in this arena.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ignore Special Requirements and Expel Vestige are two rather useful feats for the Binder side of things.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

I would skip Dread Necro entirely and go Cleric instead, using the nifty adaptation on ToM pg. 53 that makes it divine. (Anima Priest?) After all, you're not getting the class features of a DN anyway, which are really the only reason to go with DN over cleric. You can then pick up Tenebrous Apostate later, and get max level spells and vestiges in the same build. (9th and 8th respectively.) You can even enter Anima Priest as early as level 4 if you go with Illumian - take Improved Binding and Improved Sigil: Krau.

You can also be an Archivist for even more synergy and flavor. Use Tenebrous himself or Bone Talisman to qualify for Tenebrous Apostate, after which point TA will self-qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)